The Black Dahlia Murder and the upcoming album "Deflorate"

PDA

View Full Version : The Black Dahlia Murder and the upcoming album "Deflorate"

ESPearl
07-21-2009, 01:47 AM
Well I don't know about you, but I am a TBDM super fan. I used to consider myself the "number one TBDM fan". (Until I got realistic... there is probably 100 people more obsessed then me)

The Black Dahlia Murder has always influenced my music from drumming to shredding to grooving. Unfortunately i was disheartened to hear that our beloved John was no longer part of TBDM way back then, BUT if you've been on TBDMs myspace lately, you heard their bootleg song (from upcoming album for September "Deflorate") streaming on.. i believe Revolvermag? I'll grab a link.

Their new guitarist Ryan Knight, is an incredible guitarist with a very nice feel. I am still going to miss John's way of soloing cause it really said something about the band, but ryan is still amazing, and as long as Lucas is being...Lucas and Trevor is being...Trevor, then TBDM will still be #1 on my top 10 band list.

Check out their brand new song which is absolutely Godly on strings! "A Selection Unnatural" If you just wanna listen. Scroll down past the interview and right above the photo of the band is a small pop-out player streaming the song.

http://www.revolvermag.com/blackdahlia

MustangMan311
07-21-2009, 01:50 AM
Personally, I think the solo on this song sucks.

Shrexter
07-21-2009, 01:52 AM
Deflorate kinda sounds dirty.
Ex 1: I'm going to deflorate all over your face.

ESPearl
07-21-2009, 01:53 AM
I thought it was very stale and nothing like what John was capable of when I heard it the first couple times, but eventually it'll grow on you, and if you listen to it, it is actually a... moderately intricate solo, that sounds really good, but you are entitled to your own opinion of course. Thank you!

COBHC728
07-21-2009, 01:54 AM
Ryan Knight... Wasn't he in Arsis?

ESPearl
07-21-2009, 01:57 AM
Yes Ryan K was from Arsis, but in March (I believe the 18th-19th) Ryan announced that he was leaving Arsis to take up the position John K had for TBDM

GodofCheesecake
07-21-2009, 02:02 AM
Personally, I think the solo on this song sucks.

Agreed. It doesn't really fit the feel of the song at all. Sure, it's technically impressive, but that's not the point. I feel like Ryan fit in a lot better in Arsis, I really enjoyed We Are the Nightmare.

Still, that's not saying much because in my opinion the vast majority of John's leads were forgettable. I'll give him that they fit the music quite well, but past that they just tended to be scalar runs, nothing really special.

Good band though, not sure why you're posting about them in this forum instead of the metal forum.

Steven E
07-21-2009, 02:03 AM
I dont like Black Dahlia but Ryan Knight is one of my favourite guitarists, so I may have to give the new album a try.

MustangMan311
07-21-2009, 02:06 AM
I thought it was very stale and nothing like what John was capable of when I heard it the first couple times, but eventually it'll grow on you, and if you listen to it, it is actually a... moderately intricate solo, that sounds really good, but you are entitled to your own opinion of course. Thank you!

Haha, yeah, but don't get me wrong, I definitely love this band.

ESPearl
07-21-2009, 02:10 AM
Good band though, not sure why you're posting about them in this forum instead of the metal forum.

I'm sorry man! This is my first day here, haha. I thought TBDM would be appropriate for a hardcore threat... even though they are considered to be Melodic Death Metal... well... yeah you have a point... I just wasn't thinking. Sorry! :facepalm:

TheBabySnatcher
07-21-2009, 04:04 AM
I thought TBDM would be appropriate for a hardcore threat... even though they are considered to be Melodic Death Metal.

Lulwut.

Dregen
07-21-2009, 04:22 AM
I couldn't really get into this band.

Magero
07-21-2009, 04:30 AM
Love the band, there's a huge thread on the band and the album in the METAL FORUM.
Solo for the new song annoys me.

+}-136-{+
07-21-2009, 05:07 AM
Am I the only who thought of the word "deflower" when I saw the album's title? I sure hope not. :haha:

Magero
07-21-2009, 06:26 AM
That's what it means.
"Past the flowering stage."
ie: No longer a virgin if you're refering to sexual acts.

+}-136-{+
07-21-2009, 06:34 AM
That explains the resemblance. :p: Interesting album title.

SadistNation
07-21-2009, 10:59 AM
solo doesn't fit at all, i'll still think about getting the new album though, i guess.

technicolour
07-21-2009, 11:01 AM
TBDM solos have always been mediocre. They all sound the same, barring a couple that stand out in my mind. I still like the band though, new song isn't really getting me excited, I'll check out the album when it comes out.

pmeg568c
07-21-2009, 11:45 AM
i dont know about everyone else but i sure as hell never listened to the black dahlia murder for their solos haha.

Magero
07-21-2009, 11:54 AM
+1
Anyway, reported for being redundant.

recklessnick
07-21-2009, 01:32 PM
fav metal band ever. and this is the hardcore forum haha.

new song is good, its a bdm song. im okay with the solo, and yes i agree that john's solos are very forgettable

Squifey
07-21-2009, 01:33 PM
How is this in the Hardcore forum?

Haymaker17
07-21-2009, 04:26 PM
ive liked these guys since i first heard funeral thirst back in high school..unhallowed is one of my favorite albums of that genre. bought their past 3 cds so i guess ill have to buy this one haha. i listen to bdm cause of the melodic parts, if i wanted solos, clearly i would have to check out synester gates of a7x

for the record unhallowed ****ing shreds, i dont care if people think the production sucks

edit: ya just wanted to specify the last sentence of the first paragraph. sarcasm

GodofCheesecake
07-21-2009, 07:51 PM
^Why? He's a great guitarist. I'm okay with people disliking their music, obviously I can't do anything about that. But trying to imply that Synyster is anything less than a competent guitarist is just incorrect.

Dregen
07-21-2009, 08:43 PM
^Why? He's a great guitarist. I'm okay with people disliking their music, obviously I can't do anything about that. But trying to imply that Synyster is anything less than a competent guitarist is just incorrect.

Yeah, A7X kicks ass.