A lot of Christian Metal

PDA

View Full Version : A lot of Christian Metal

bagpipemetal
07-21-2009, 11:14 AM
It seems like that a lot of Metalcore bands are Christian-based more so than in other genres of metal. I hve no problem with this being as I'm a Christian I just thought it was interesting.

ImBarkerRarrrrr
07-21-2009, 11:19 AM
im not into christian based based bands usually but the one i still listen to that just came out is the great commission.

its one of the heaviest bands ive ever heard.

BladeSlinger
07-21-2009, 11:23 AM
Becoming the Archetype and Antestor are two amazing Christian bands.

lukas1324
07-21-2009, 11:25 AM
the devils wear prada

ImBarkerRarrrrr
07-21-2009, 11:26 AM
the devils wear prada

boooooo :mad:

PurpleBear102
07-21-2009, 11:26 AM
BlessTheFall are aswell, and their pretty awesome but I've learned to refere to these bands as Godcore =D

defenderobanana
07-21-2009, 11:33 AM
underoath. the devil wears prada. haste the day. bless the fall. august burns red. as i lay dying. all that remains.

Thats just on the top of my head. pretty much the majority of the big metalcore bands

Also solid state records is a label that has only hardcore christian bands.

seljer
07-21-2009, 11:41 AM
from I don't know where I got an album by Living Sacrifice, pretty solid thrash, though wiki says they've switched to metalcore :/

BladeSlinger
07-21-2009, 11:44 AM
from I don't know where I got an album by Living Sacrifice, pretty solid thrash, though wiki says they've switched to metalcore :/
****ing love that band. Their Thrash stuff at least.

SYMBIOTIC!

CONCEIVED IN FIRE!

bagpipemetal
07-21-2009, 11:44 AM

Their first album is Thrash Metal than they switch to death Metal but their newer stuff is more Metalcore influenced but still death metal.

Yeah Solid State is one of the main Metalcore labels.

handbanana
07-21-2009, 11:53 AM
Bands that sing about god are dumb and less that original.

http://www.allinmerch.com/files/826561/uploaded/tassatan.jpg

ImBarkerRarrrrr
07-21-2009, 12:02 PM

I FORGOT ABOUT THAT SHIRT! YOU ARE THE FUCKIN MAN. :devil:

handbanana
07-21-2009, 12:15 PM
i just saw them like 3 days and thats what made me think of this

RivercrestColts
07-21-2009, 12:15 PM
Emery is great, I can take pop in any of their albums and listen to every song. Their new album that just come out is the best by far.

boffen
07-21-2009, 12:31 PM
Probably just due to the fact that the vast majority of the US is still (yea, I said it) christians.

I don't mind, I listen to music for the music, not for their ideological lyrics or whatever.

Magero
07-21-2009, 12:41 PM
It's not a phenomenon or anything.... there's just a larger amount of metalcore bands who happen to be christian, have christian lyrics or whatever.
There are plenty of real metal bands that are religious, have religious topics or the like, it's just that metalcore is the new "popular" thing atm, so there's a lot more bands getting exposure and by default, some of those will be christxcore bands.

handbanana
07-21-2009, 02:02 PM
the only 'religious' band i can get into is 108

Veil Of Osiris
07-21-2009, 03:52 PM

*shirtpic*

Because a Metal band singing about Satan is soooo original :rolleyes:

No one has mentioned Impending Doom or With Blood Comes Cleansing yet.

IcePh0enix
07-21-2009, 04:02 PM
Most of them tend to suck as well. I really don't think there's anything with writing lyrics about your beliefs (christianity, athiesm, anarchy, veganism i don't care) though.

SeveredSurvival
07-21-2009, 04:10 PM
Jesus is brutal man.

IcePh0enix
07-21-2009, 04:16 PM
Nah not really man, old testament God was pretty brutal.

handbanana
07-21-2009, 04:39 PM
when did i say singing about satan was cool? just said singing about god isn't

IcePh0enix
07-21-2009, 04:41 PM
If you're not a christian you're obviously a devil worshiper.

handbanana
07-21-2009, 04:42 PM
i don't believe in either one. im a reality worshipper

GodofCheesecake
07-21-2009, 07:53 PM
underoath. the devil wears prada. haste the day. bless the fall. august burns red. as i lay dying. all that remains.

Wrong.

Anyway, August Burns Red are the only christian band that matters.

12shinn21
07-21-2009, 08:08 PM
Pulling Teeth.

technicolour
07-21-2009, 11:17 PM
Pulling Teeth.

agreed.

WHAT ARE YOU SO AFRAID OF ????!111!!!!!!!!!

Hardcore has actually dramatically influenced my religious views over the past year : /

handbanana
07-21-2009, 11:34 PM
Pulling Teeth, Slayer, Deicide, Ceremony (So they're not all really hardcore but....)

willingvictim
07-21-2009, 11:39 PM
do not want religion

MustangMan311
07-22-2009, 02:50 AM

Yeah, way less original than bands that sing about anything other than God.

+}-136-{+
07-22-2009, 09:12 AM
Christian metalcore bands never really bothered me. Chances are, most people here wouldn't be able to tell if they were Christian simply based on the music. Whether a band is Christian or not doesn't bother me. Most of the lyrics of bands with Christian beliefs I've read are more about personal struggle than loving Jesus. Many times the bands' Christian faith is alluded to, in one way or another, but it doesn't bug me, nor should it bug anyone else. They're simply presenting their beliefs and experiences in their lyrics. That's what lyrics are for. It's only when people try to cram something down my throat that I get angered, and it doesn't matter whether the person is Christian, Jewish, or Atheist.

willingvictim
07-22-2009, 09:13 AM
I dislike christian music. Not because of it's lack of originality (even though most super lame metalcore bands turn out to be christian), but because I don't believe in any sort of God and don't want to listen to something I don't agree with. I'll respect a christian band for it's musician ship though.

boffen
07-22-2009, 09:23 AM
Christian metalcore bands never really bothered me. Chances are, most people here wouldn't be able to tell if they were Christian simply based on the music. Whether a band is Christian or not doesn't bother me. Most of the lyrics of bands with Christian beliefs I've read are more about personal struggle than loving Jesus. Many times the bands' Christian faith is alluded to, in one way or another, but it doesn't bug me, nor should it bug anyone else. They're simply presenting their beliefs and experiences in their lyrics. That's what lyrics are for. It's only when people try to cram something down my throat that I get angered, and it doesn't matter whether the person is Christian, Jewish, or Atheist.

Yeah, I really don't care, but there are sometimes when the lyrics kinda **** it, that's not limited to religious stuff though.

3rdActguitarist
07-22-2009, 09:57 AM
I like quite a few christian bands, but normally its for the musicial content not the lyrical. My only acceptions to this would be:

Redemption -- August Burns Red (that song gives me chills, such a powerful message)
Too Bright To See, Too Loud to Hear -- Underoath
Louder Than Thunder -- TDWP

Most of the christian bands I like, I didn't know were christian and found out after I started listening to them. The religion of my favorite bands never really concerned me that much. I love August Burns Red and I love Slayer, and those are on the opposite spectrum of each other. I couldn't careless if I don't agree with the lyrics, as long as the song is good. "Disciple" by Slayer is a prime example cause I really don't like the lyrics, but I love that song

lespaul1216
07-22-2009, 01:18 PM
If you're not a christian you're obviously a devil worshiper.
what??

how about aetheism, judaism, buddahism (if that's even a word or if i spelled it right) and the millions of other beliefs in the world?

you're just a close-minded asshole

handbanana
07-22-2009, 01:24 PM
what??

how about aetheism, judaism, buddahism (if that's even a word or if i spelled it right) and the millions of other beliefs in the world?

you're just a close-minded asshole

he was joking idiot

willingvictim
07-22-2009, 01:28 PM
just wanted to say im glad that metalcore thread got shut down

atheist for life