Reel Big Fish

PDA

View Full Version : Reel Big Fish

themagicalgoat
07-21-2009, 01:29 PM
Not alot of people know about this band, but they should! I never really liked Ska until I heard there guys. The songs are sometimes very obscene, but who cares. They have a lot of energy and make me so hyper I want to jump off a house...

Anyone else love them?

thrash-it-up
07-21-2009, 01:31 PM
yes! they are amazing! if you like them try less than jake aswell

you = fail
07-21-2009, 01:32 PM
Not alot of people know about this band, but they should! I never really liked Ska until I heard there guys. The songs are sometimes very obscene, but who cares. They have a lot of energy and make me so hyper I want to jump off a house...

Anyone else love them?
Name one obscene song by them. The worst is probably **** You I Hate You Get Away From Me

werty22
07-21-2009, 01:33 PM
Not alot of people know about this band
I disagree.

lavazza
07-21-2009, 01:50 PM
Not alot of people know about this band, but they should!

Yeah itīs really sad......

charliezard!
07-21-2009, 02:55 PM
Not alot of people know about this band

Eh. A lot of people do.
I don't really like em. Some of their songs are pretty catchy, but as a whole, they're kinda lame.
That said, I like Beer, Thank You for Not Moshing, and a couple other songs.

you = fail
07-21-2009, 02:56 PM
again, what songs are obscene? And everybody I know loves Reel Big Fish, or has heard of them. And I know a lot of different people

kayaress one
07-21-2009, 05:00 PM
As poppy, selloutish and unintelligent they are, they're really funny.

BR0KENHEARTED
07-21-2009, 05:14 PM
Whats wrong with Reel Big Fish?

SKAtastic7770
07-21-2009, 06:47 PM
again, what songs are obscene? And everybody I know loves Reel Big Fish, or has heard of them. And I know a lot of different people
Hate You, Another FU Song, Your Guts I Hate Em, etc...
I like reel big fish, but I believe there is already a thread somewhere, right?

themagicalgoat
07-21-2009, 10:24 PM
Well okay, maybe obscene wasn't the best word to use, I ment like Shes Got a Girlfriend Now. Well in my town of 9k only about 4 people in my school know about them. Maybe its different other places, I don't know. Don't get me wrong I love the crap outta these guys.

DisgruntledDuck
07-22-2009, 06:39 AM
I used to be a massive RBF fan boy, but there are superior third wave bands out there for sure. They do write some undeniably catchy stuff, but I think it's taking a bit of a leap of ignorance to suggest they're a "ska-PUNK" band; they're unashamedly poppy and I don't mind that at all.

I also think they're getting gradually worse, although I have found myself loving some of their latest cover songs. That being said, their version of "Talk Dirty To Me" was attrocious. It's times like that when you really wish RBF still had their "Why Do They Rock So Hard" sound; a lot punchier than their newer stuff. Currently I think they're trying a little to hard to prove their ska credentials to the world, but whatever.

Also they do put on a focking great live show. New material later this year, so hopefully another UK tour soon. End.

-Ru-
07-22-2009, 11:12 PM
And once again, the Punk forum ignores the fact that there's already an RBF thread out there and instead decides to break down into "dey not punx enuf!"

werty22
07-22-2009, 11:22 PM
And once again, the Punk forum ignores the fact that there's already an RBF thread out there and instead decides to break down into "dey not punx enuf!"
Who are you and what are you talking about?

neidnarb11890
07-22-2009, 11:29 PM
Who are you and what are you talking about?
Oooo, how existential! :daisy:

lavazza
07-23-2009, 05:14 AM

We are complex.

SKAtastic7770
07-23-2009, 10:30 AM
I also think they're getting gradually worse, although I have found myself loving some of their latest cover songs. That being said, their version of "Talk Dirty To Me" was attrocious. It's times like that when you really wish RBF still had their "Why Do They Rock So Hard" sound; a lot punchier than their newer stuff. Currently I think they're trying a little to hard to prove their ska credentials to the world, but whatever.

Also they do put on a focking great live show. New material later this year, so hopefully another UK tour soon. End.
You liked why do they rock so hard? I guess it was allright, but I prefer the old Everything sucks and Turn the radio off sound. Actually the Everything Sucks album is kind of punk at times.

JazzNick67
07-23-2009, 05:26 PM
Reel Big Fish is a good starting place for the masses to get into ska, but once you do, you'll find that there are many much better ska bands. Now I don't think RBF is bad, but there are definitely better bands.

BK202
07-24-2009, 12:04 AM
I agree with JazzNick67, not the best ska band, but I still love them.

Leonheart
07-24-2009, 02:59 AM
I think this is pretty neat: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gePUKqZx4k

DisgruntledDuck
07-24-2009, 11:10 PM
You liked why do they rock so hard? I guess it was allright, but I prefer the old Everything sucks and Turn the radio off sound. Actually the Everything Sucks album is kind of punk at times.

It's hard to articulate EXACTLY what I mean, but basically although Turn The Radio Off is their best album (in my humble opinion, of course!) in a song-writing sense, I really enjoy the polished production of WDTRSH (On the basis that I don't consider the band punk in any way).

When I listen to Monkeys For Nothin', I just think the guitar sounds sucky. Scott isn't playing backing guitar much in the studio anymore it seems, and as a result I find their newer songs lack a bit of punch. Specifically, I think the general kind of sounds on WDTRSH (particularly on songs like The Set Up and Somebody Hates Me) would have made their cover of Talk Dirty To Me sound ****ing ace, but instead they went for an almost calypso style sound. I like that RBF are trying (albeit a bit too hard, I think) to emphasise ska and reggae sounds in their material now, but it just sounds a bit...weak? D'ya get what I mean, or am I talking absolute ****e? :)

BR0KENHEARTED
07-25-2009, 03:59 PM
I never understood abbreviating album titles. You're not lazy enough to punctuate or give a lengthy post but not to type out the actual album you're referring to.

AOCTW is a great album.

SKAtastic7770
07-25-2009, 07:17 PM
I never understood abbreviating album titles. You're not lazy enough to punctuate or give a lengthy post but not to type out the actual album you're referring to.

AOCTW is a great album.
Thank you google :) That is a great album I agree. And considering I listen to that album once a week and had no idea what you were talking about, your point is very valid.

axeslash
07-25-2009, 08:09 PM
I think this is pretty neat: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gePUKqZx4kNow that's an acoustic cover that I don't think is an utter waste of time.