Texas in July Thread.

PDA

View Full Version : Texas in July Thread.

icedog41
07-21-2009, 08:18 PM
For Lancaster, Pennsylvania’s metal wunderkinds TEXAS IN JULY, the cliché that age is nothing but a number is strikingly apropos. Armed with prodigious talent and songwriting ability that belie the fact that the band’s members range in age from 15 to 17, TEXAS are poised to make waves with the release of their debut, digital-only EP, Salt of The Earth.

With less talent, a similar group’s ages might make them a novelty – the metal version of HANSON – but TEXAS deliver with more musical chops than most people twice their age. No one overhears, “These kids are good for their age” at a TEXAS IN JULY show. “These kids are good” always suffices.

Produced and engineered by Carson Slovak of CENTURY (Prosthetic Records), Salt Of The Earth is a full-speed, head-on collision into an absolute wall of sound. The technical, riffing guitars are propelled forward by thunderous, booming drum sounds to create a sonic explosion.

“The recording of Salt Of The Earth was a process that was even better than we could have imagined,” explains guitarist Logan Maurer excitedly, “Carson’s talents as an engineer and producer are exceptional and he truly helped fulfill the vision we had for these songs. It was mindblowing to hear the final result – to hear something we crafted, to hear our individual artistic expression take form and become a reality.”

In addition to being a major draw as a headliner in their hometown (routinely packing Lancaster’s 850+ capacity venue The Chameleon Club), TEXAS have shared the stage with an impressive number of heavy hitters in the metal music scene, such as EVERY TIME I DIE, THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA, AUGUST BURNS RED, MAYLENE AND THE SONS OF DISASTER, THE BLED and more.

It’s all just part of TEXAS’ recipe for success – Perform. Turn Heads. Repeat.

From the opening riff of lead track “Hook, Line and Sinner,” it’s clear that TEXAS IN JULY mean business on Salt of the Earth. Over five tracks, the fierce, churning guitars of Maurer and Christian Royer tug at the backbone that drummer Adam Gray and basist Ben Witkowski lay down, while the guttural vocals of Alex Good propel the songs forward.

Unlike many bands’ debuts (metal bands in particular), Salt of the Earth isn’t the type of record whose mention will make its members cringe five years down the road. It’s a strong debut by a band for whom the title “force to be reckoned with” is looming just on the horizon. As strong as the album is, however, it’s safe to say that for TEXAS IN JULY, the best is yet to come.

New album just leaked. Quite awesome if i must say so myslef.

Reminiscent of August Burns Red, also they are out of lancaster pennsylvania, the same place AGB is from.

willingvictim
07-21-2009, 08:21 PM
Lancaster is like an hour and a half away and I feel like it breeds completely different kids than what comes out of my area

icedog41
07-21-2009, 08:23 PM
^word. here in landsdale is ridicoulously scene, like wiggers all over the place.

but the rest of my band livesin chalfont which isnt that bad atleast most of the kids listen to and dont despise of the whole hardcore/deathcore scene.

willingvictim
07-21-2009, 08:37 PM
theres scene kids in lansdale? i didnt even know that.

icedog41
07-21-2009, 08:44 PM
if youve ever heard of perkasie, or souderton thats where i live, its near landsdale. its just a bunch of hicks and pppl who listen to radio music

willingvictim
07-21-2009, 08:50 PM
ahha yeah i know where perkasie and souderton are.

i know a bunch of hardcore kids from perkasie and theres a few bands from there (force fed, times up, daylight (most of em))

have you ever been to shows in doylestown?

icedog41
07-21-2009, 08:52 PM
nah i havent but yea ive seen force fed. im only a sophomore, and i only know like 1 kid that likes hardcore . his name is anthony u kno him lol?

willingvictim
07-21-2009, 08:55 PM
no idea who anthony is

but go to the show in chalfont this friday. its lenores last show

6:00 PM at Chalfont United Methodist Church
11 Meadowbrook Ln, Chalfont, Pennsylvania 18914

lenore
wrong answer
kissinger
agitator
wolf blood
full circle

i know you're prolly more into the deathcore thing or whatever but lenore is progressive metal stuff and kissinger sounds like the minor times. the rest of the bands are hardcore. it will be cool.

icedog41
07-21-2009, 08:57 PM
im always down for some hardcore dude, but i dont have enough of it on my iipod, u got any suggestions?

willingvictim
07-21-2009, 08:58 PM
The suggestions thread up top has a lot of good bands listed in all the categories so check them all out and then just go through top friends of different bands when you get bored or some **** and see what you like

icedog41
07-21-2009, 09:03 PM
iight sounds good. converge is a good one rite? ive heard alot of good things about them

willingvictim
07-21-2009, 09:04 PM
converge is my favorite band. my favorite 3 cd's by them are no heroes, jane doe, and petitioning the empty sky. thats a good mix of their music, but i suggest checking it all out

handbanana
07-21-2009, 09:53 PM
neat thread

GodofCheesecake
07-21-2009, 10:40 PM
Listened to this band once, they just sounded like a ripoff of August Burns Red but with a worse vocalist. I also don't like the band name.

Question: Why is the band called Texas in July if they're from Pennsylvania?

handbanana
07-21-2009, 10:58 PM
Listened to this band once, they just sounded like a ripoff of August Burns Red but with a worse vocalist. I also don't like the band name.

Question: Why is the band called Texas in July if they're from Pennsylvania?

are you gonna ask why nyhc bands aren't always from ny to?

Manos15
07-21-2009, 10:59 PM
Wish this thread was about Texas is the Reason instead.

GodofCheesecake
07-21-2009, 11:02 PM
are you gonna ask why nyhc bands aren't always from ny to?

No, actually, I wasn't planning on asking that question.

handbanana
07-21-2009, 11:16 PM
Wish this thread was about Texas is the Reason instead.

backed

aggiefan33
07-22-2009, 02:16 AM
this is actually a great thread for such a bad band

icedog41
07-22-2009, 01:23 PM
i like them, theyre new album completely blew me away, i suggest it if you liked messengers from abr.