Heaviest albums/bands ever.

PDA

View Full Version : Heaviest albums/bands ever.

xKill_Em'_All
07-23-2009, 11:33 PM
Post your top 5 heaviest albums not best or favorite just the heaviest.

CreepingxDeth
07-23-2009, 11:38 PM
St. Anger
\m/

.starrk
07-23-2009, 11:39 PM
As much as I hate to say it, you should search before posting. There have been countless threads on this sort of thing.

MusicMan24
07-23-2009, 11:40 PM
Reign In Blood

willingvictim
07-23-2009, 11:41 PM
Converge - When Forever Comes Crashing
No Warning - Ill Blood
Cro-Mags - Age of Quarrel
Ringworm - Justice Replaced by Revenge
Violation - Devoured

i'd say thats a fair list

Ponyexpress
07-23-2009, 11:42 PM
search - bar
god that stuff is so heavy and angry sounding it makes me want to kill people/ put fist through wall

xKill_Em'_All
07-23-2009, 11:44 PM
Hatebreed-Rise of Brutality
and yea theres other threads about this but noone posts on them anymore so relaz

willingvictim
07-23-2009, 11:47 PM
I was gonna put Hatebreed.. but def not that cd

SATISFACTION IS DEATH

xKill_Em'_All
07-23-2009, 11:55 PM
thats a crazy album doomsayer insane song which album would you put and def coverge is a good choice

saxaxe
07-23-2009, 11:59 PM
Burdens.
woo!

technicolour
07-24-2009, 12:00 AM
Converge - No Heroes
Gojira - whatever, I guess the way of all flesh
Insect warfare - world extermination (more brutal?)

Haymaker17
07-24-2009, 12:03 AM
converge - jane doe.

thats it

willingvictim
07-24-2009, 12:04 AM
every converge cd is heavy as **** but when forever just pushes it to the next level with it i think. it's my favorite of their releases.. but IMO the heaviest

recklessnick
07-24-2009, 12:12 AM
count your blessings

Z Standard
07-24-2009, 12:21 AM
count your blessings

har har

ESPearl
07-24-2009, 12:28 AM
Any Deathcore cause 90% of it sounds the same but Deathcore is probably the heaviest **** I've heard. the only deathcore I listen to anymore is Suicide Silence and Thy Art is Murder... Job For A Cowboy is horrid in my opinion and same with Bring Me The Horizon (with the exception of their first EP) but I'm not open about liking deathcore because the "scene" culture downright pisses me off... but I detest... deathcore = heavy ****..... man I got offtopic!

willingvictim
07-24-2009, 12:30 AM
listen, if you think deathcore is the heaviest **** ever then download the whole list i posted and realize you dont need to tune down low and have slow ass chugs with brees to be considered heavy.

xKill_Em'_All
07-24-2009, 12:32 AM
what about some new wave ****

ESPearl
07-24-2009, 12:36 AM
I wouldn't consider Converge as heavy as deathcore bands and the heaviness is drowned out by their horrib screamer. AND THEY DROP TUNE TOO?!?! And I love Hatebreed their heavy but not the heaviest

xKill_Em'_All
07-24-2009, 12:39 AM
I wouldn't consider Converge as heavy as deathcore bands and the heaviness is drowned out by their horrib screamer. AND THEY DROP TUNE TOO?!?! And I love Hatebreed their heavy but not the heaviest

ite slayer is heavy as **** in a sick way though pantera heavy as **** to but in a phil anselmo will say he'll beat you 2 death and you'll believe theres different levels of heavy i perfer the beating you to death rather then raping midgets n small dogs

willingvictim
07-24-2009, 12:41 AM

you aren't a real person to me

ESPearl
07-24-2009, 12:41 AM
Dude I love all those bands but i think in reality their not that heavy, and Phil Anselmo will agree with me I'm sure he wouldn't want his guitar playing to sound like deathcore. Christ calm the hell down.

Z Standard
07-24-2009, 12:45 AM
This is a bad thread.

ESPearl
07-24-2009, 12:46 AM
This is a bad thread.

+1

Flame war incoming. Lock now please? lol

xKill_Em'_All
07-24-2009, 01:01 AM
Dude I love all those bands but i think in reality their not that heavy, and Phil Anselmo will agree with me I'm sure he wouldn't want his guitar playing to sound like deathcore. Christ calm the hell down.

Phil Anselmo was the vocalist for pantera not guitarist. Plus Hatebreed gets me mad hyped for evey football game

technicolour
07-24-2009, 10:00 AM
Phil Anselmo was the vocalist for pantera not guitarist. Plus Hatebreed gets me mad hyped for evey football game

:haha:

Deathcore bands aren't the heaviest stuff around just because they drop tune and chug and use chromatics. And Jacob' s vocals add so much to the crushingness of converge.

willingvictim
07-24-2009, 10:26 AM

Once you drop tune and start doing obnoxious as breakdowns, in MY opinion, it makes it watered down and not heavy anymore. It's just too easy. The bands I listed are actually heavy on their own without resorting to low tuning and stupid immature breakdowns.

boffen
07-24-2009, 10:31 AM
When I think of Converge, I think "hard" rather than "heavy" to be honest. The music just hits you so much more in the face.

willingvictim
07-24-2009, 10:35 AM
I will never be persuaded that Converge isn't heavy.

kurtrip
07-24-2009, 10:56 AM
Pulling Teeth - the new one
Integrity
Chokehold

saxaxe
07-24-2009, 10:57 AM
New TUI is heavy as balls.

willingvictim
07-24-2009, 10:59 AM
Burdens.
woo!

thanks btw, my dude

new Burdens is heavier. I wish I wasn't in my band so I could listen to it and not feel like a douche.

pmeg568c
07-24-2009, 11:13 AM

you obviously don't understand the definition of heavy and i almost punched my computer screen at every post you posted in this thread.

ever thought that heavyness could be achieved through melody? through grooves? i bet not. that where it comes from. not drop tuned low chugs.

saxaxe
07-24-2009, 11:15 AM
thanks btw, my dude

new Burdens is heavier. I wish I wasn't in my band so I could listen to it and not feel like a douche.
:haha :haha

Can't wait to hear the new stuff.

pmeg568c
07-24-2009, 11:19 AM
thanks btw, my dude

dont worry dude i listen to my band all the time haha. it helps me improve things that im like meh about

+}-136-{+
07-24-2009, 11:45 AM
thanks btw, my dude

If your own band is one of your favorite bands and you can enjoy the music you've created yourself, then you've created and accomplished something worthwhile. Listening to your own band and egotistically going "Yeah, we are the shit." would be different though. :P:

At least you're not cringing at your own creation. I've done that with some of the stories/reviews I've written. Less and less though nowadays, as I'm improving my craft and not just getting thoroughly repulsed by it. Okay, that's a bit of an exaggeration but I've gotten my point across, I hope.

And of course, I share saxaxe's sentiment, I want some new Burdens.

Also, I'm assuming xKill_'Em_All got banned for trolling. Any mod want to shed some light on this?

devourthekitten
07-24-2009, 01:06 PM
Prince and the Revolution - Purple Rain

willingvictim
07-24-2009, 01:14 PM
to wanters of new burdens: NEXT WEEK

and yeah, i have no shame.

heavy music ftw

Garden_Of_Light
07-24-2009, 01:21 PM
black sheep wall
meshuggah
attack attack
the jonas brothers

recklessnick
07-24-2009, 01:21 PM
slayer

pmeg568c
07-24-2009, 01:28 PM
black sheep wall
meshuggah
attack attack
the jonas brothers

wait what haha half serious half joke?

saxaxe
07-24-2009, 01:52 PM
How did I forget Black Sheep Wall?
Heaviest band ever.

LordPino
07-24-2009, 02:00 PM
I fail to see why -core is heavier than -metal.

Seriously, people used to get sued for animal cruelty when they raped pigs, and now all of a sudden it makes music more brutal..?

pmeg568c
07-24-2009, 02:13 PM
thats because you dont listen to hardcore and have no clue what it is

LordPino
07-24-2009, 02:18 PM
thats because you dont listen to hardcore and have no clue what it is

I do, but I can't see why many (young) people nowadays claim bands like Suicide Silence and BMTH more 'brutal' than death metal bands.

saxaxe
07-24-2009, 02:19 PM
I do, but I can't see why many (young) people nowadays claim bands like Suicide Silence and BMTH more 'brutal' than death metal bands.
You just reaffirmed his statement. You know nothing about hardcore.

LordPino
07-24-2009, 02:21 PM
You just reaffirmed his statement. You know nothing about hardcore.

I said -core, so I meant deathcore vs death metal.

saxaxe
07-24-2009, 02:47 PM
I said -core, so I meant deathcore vs death metal.
Oh ok. Well most of us are talking about hardcore, so I assumed that was what you were attacking.

willingvictim
07-24-2009, 03:17 PM
dude is right though. death metal is way harder than deathcore. i almost listed obituary in my top 5, then decided to keep it at hardcore

saxaxe
07-24-2009, 03:53 PM
dude is right though. death metal is way harder than deathcore. i almost listed obituary in my top 5, then decided to keep it at hardcore
I definitely agree. Bands like Suffocation, Opeth, Dying Fetus, etc are heavier than any deathcore band.
I was just under the impression he was bashing hardcore, it wasn't specified.

Valderama
07-24-2009, 04:23 PM
listen, if you think deathcore is the heaviest **** ever then download the whole list i posted and realize you dont need to tune down low and have slow ass chugs with brees to be considered heavy.
You are trying to alter his opinion; settle down.

To be fair, low-tuning and brees DO make a band sound heavy.

I fail to see why -core is heavier than -metal.

Seriously, people used to get sued for animal cruelty when they raped pigs, and now all of a sudden it makes music more brutal..?
So bands like Born of Osiris, Thy Art is Muder and Whitechapel are not as heavy as Iron Maiden, Metallica and Slayer?

willingvictim
07-24-2009, 04:34 PM
To be fair, low-tuning and brees DO make a band sound heavy.

Oh it does? Thanks for altering my opinion bro

I'll play nice and not try to alter anyones opinion, but just state mine right here: super low tuned break downs (I get down with bands that low tune, just not deathcore/moshcore bands) and brees make music horrible. not heavy. IMO

Frosted Flakes
07-24-2009, 04:50 PM
Everyone, let's not forget that heavy =/= good. I've heard many 'heavy' bands that I can't stand listening to.

Dust_and_Guilt
07-24-2009, 05:03 PM
I definitely agree. Bands like Suffocation, Opeth, Dying Fetus, etc are heavier than any deathcore band.
I was just under the impression he was bashing hardcore, it wasn't specified.
Did you just put Opeth in the same category as Suffocation and Dying Fetus in terms of brutality? lol.

Also, to the topic: ORIGIN

ESPearl
07-24-2009, 05:10 PM
Once you drop tune and start doing obnoxious as breakdowns, in MY opinion, it makes it watered down and not heavy anymore. It's just too easy. The bands I listed are actually heavy on their own without resorting to low tuning and stupid immature breakdowns.

Your assuming that core music is all I listen to aren't you? I've been listening to core music for the last 4 months of my life, and I've been listening to Death Metal, Tech Death, Thrash Metal, and Speed Metal for years. In all of the music I've listened to I still think that Deathcore would be considered one of the heaviest, and if you listened to deathcore that kind of strains away from generic breakdowns (bands who write REAL breakdowns, and what they were intended for in the creative writing process) you'll find that they really could be some of the heaviest songs out there. I also agree that Origin would probably be the heaviest if I must pick a non-core band. Tech death is amazingly heavy.

imsimon
07-24-2009, 05:12 PM
Beneath the Massacre is pretty ****ing heavy.

willingvictim
07-24-2009, 05:19 PM
Your assuming that core music is all I listen to aren't you? I've been listening to core music for the last 4 months of my life, and I've been listening to Death Metal, Tech Death, Thrash Metal, and Speed Metal for years. In all of the music I've listened to I still think that Deathcore would be considered one of the heaviest, and if you listened to deathcore that kind of strains away from generic breakdowns (bands who write REAL breakdowns, and what they were intended for in the creative writing process) you'll find that they really could be some of the heaviest songs out there. I also agree that Origin would probably be the heaviest if I must pick a non-core band. Tech death is amazingly heavy.

I said in MY opinion, did I not?

ESPearl
07-24-2009, 05:27 PM
I said in MY opinion, did I not?

I simply don't want you to get me mixed up with a Deathcore obsessed scene loser.

Valderama
07-24-2009, 05:40 PM
I simply don't want you to get me mixed up with a Deathcore obsessed scene loser.
Do tell me, what is one of these?

Hcmanu
07-24-2009, 05:50 PM
Beneath the massacre
Despised icon
We are the end
XBarcadiax ( sound angry as **** )

technicolour
07-24-2009, 06:04 PM
Beneath the massacre and Origin are too tech to be the heaviest, heavy though they may be.

JxD
07-24-2009, 07:52 PM
His Hero Is Gone- Monuments To Thieves
Cursed- II
Trainwreck- S/T
Integrity- Walpurgisnacht
Backstabbers Inc.- Kamikaze Missions

Haymaker17
07-24-2009, 08:12 PM
+1 for integrity

Bignose
07-24-2009, 10:37 PM
every converge cd is heavy as **** but when forever just pushes it to the next level with it i think. it's my favorite of their releases.. but IMO the heaviest

Haha me too man. Such a full on fucking cd.

Oh yeah, topic.

Heavy is hard to define for me. Number 12's first album, Converge, Some Cursed, Pig Destroyer, Gonna say JFAC's doom ep... ehhhh who knows.

saxaxe
07-25-2009, 01:32 AM
Did you just put Opeth in the same category as Suffocation and Dying Fetus in terms of brutality? lol.

Also, to the topic: ORIGIN
Master's Apprentice, Leper Affinity and Heir Apparent = heavier than any Suffocation song I've ever heard.

Squifey
07-25-2009, 01:38 AM
+1 to BtM

I would have to say Despised Icon's new album based on their new song, which is just so heavy.

+}-136-{+
07-25-2009, 02:27 AM
I never understood this fixation with heaviness. Supposedly heavy deathcore such as Whitechapel and Oceano has always left me cold. The same goes for tech death stuff such as Origin or Beneath The Massacre. Musically, they can achieve quite a heavy sound but there is no emotional heft behind the music. It just feels like pointless posturing, heaviness for the sake of sounding heavy.

A heavy song for me would have to be something like Converge's "Jane Doe" or "Plagues", Cursed's "Friends In The Music Business", or Architect's "Broke Dick Dog". In addition to being sonically heavy, they also have plenty of emotion to them.

True heaviness to me would have to be something heavy emotionally and sonically.

JxD
07-25-2009, 02:37 AM
A heavy song for me would have to be something like Converge's "Jane Doe" or "Plagues", Cursed's "Friends In The Music Business", or Architect's "Broke Dick Dog". In addition to being sonically heavy, they also have plenty of emotion to them.

True heaviness to me would have to be something heavy emotionally and sonically.
This is how I feel, partially. I think the chemistry between band members experience whilst producing music has a huge effect on how heavy they can make their music. Some dudes just work really well together, it can't be forced.

Dust_and_Guilt
07-25-2009, 03:00 AM
Master's Apprentice, Leper Affinity and Heir Apparent = heavier than any Suffocation song I've ever heard.
hahahaha

acoustic interludes and blues solos are heavy.

Immortally Condemned, Demise of the Clone, Habitual Infamy >>> those

Bignose
07-25-2009, 03:14 AM
I never understood this fixation with heaviness. Supposedly heavy deathcore such as Whitechapel and Oceano has always left me cold. The same goes for tech death stuff such as Origin or Beneath The Massacre. Musically, they can achieve quite a heavy sound but there is no emotional heft behind the music. It just feels like pointless posturing, heaviness for the sake of sounding heavy.

God precisely. Too damn weird trying to post on this topic because heaviness can be taken one of two ways. Even then, heaviness is practically rendered useless compared to a truly powerful song if you catch my drift.

+}-136-{+
07-25-2009, 07:41 AM
God precisely. Too damn weird trying to post on this topic because heaviness can be taken one of two ways. Even then, heaviness is practically rendered useless compared to a truly powerful song if you catch my drift.

Mhm. The stuff off the Carrier's No Love Can Save Me would be a good example of emotionally heavy songs.

This is how I feel, partially. I think the chemistry between band members experience whilst producing music has a huge effect on how heavy they can make their music. Some dudes just work really well together, it can't be forced

I actually never thought of it in terms of a group. A band with good chemistry just puts out generally good and worthwhile material, not just heavy stuff. Sometimes of course, that's what comes out.

I myself just thought of it in terms of how much of his emotion an individual can pour into the music and how honest he can be. You're definitely right though, the emotion can't be forced. When it's genuine and heartfelt, with grit and soul, the end result would probably be like No Love Can Save Me. Probably not a similar sound, but that sincerity can definitely be felt.

12shinn21
07-25-2009, 07:57 AM
Black Sheep Wall is all I need when I want something heavy. That or Burdens :cheers:

saxaxe
07-25-2009, 09:02 AM
hahahaha

acoustic interludes and blues solos are heavy.

Immortally Condemned, Demise of the Clone, Habitual Infamy >>> those
*shrug* there's really no way to argue, as it's down to opinion at this point, but the intro to Heir Apparent, the intro to Master's Apprentice and the part in Master's Apprentice when it comes back in from the acoustic interlude are pretty much the most crushing pieces of music I've heard.

aggiefan33
07-25-2009, 04:41 PM
Seizures in Barren Praise
Vheissu

Tallman
07-25-2009, 05:14 PM
Always found the rerecording of To The Death by Architects to be heavy. That breakdown is jaw shattering.

In a different level, id say East Hastings by Godspeed You! Black Emperor is apocalypticaly heavy when it peaks.

Frenzied
07-25-2009, 05:14 PM
Master Killer

KreatorRage
07-25-2009, 05:16 PM
Cannibal Corpse - Kill
Kreator - Pleasure To Kill
Kreator - Extreme Aggression
Cannibal Corpse - Vile
Cannibal Corpse - Tomb Of The Mutilated

Haymaker17
07-25-2009, 08:11 PM
cryptopsy - none so vile.

not really into this genre that much anymore, but this cd is undeniably heavy as hell. brutal if you will.

Valderama
07-25-2009, 08:14 PM
Cannibal Corpse - Kill
Kreator - Pleasure To Kill
Kreator - Extreme Aggression
Cannibal Corpse - Vile
Cannibal Corpse - Tomb Of The Mutilated
I suppose CC are quite heavy, but i wouldnt say Kreator.

willingvictim
07-25-2009, 09:59 PM
http://www.myspace.com/woldbloodhc

Bignose
07-26-2009, 12:14 AM
Mhm. The stuff off the Carrier's No Love Can Save Me would be a good example of emotionally heavy songs.

Now if I had thought of that example when I posted, I would have been much happier. Good call.

Even then, after getting my hands on Converge's cover of Disintegration by the Cure I went back and had a listen to the Cure's version (I have a shit download of the cover :( ). Fucking strong song.

dye37
07-26-2009, 02:46 AM
Overall to be honest i'd say the acacia strain. When ever i blast dr. doom in my car it feels like a bomb just dropped ha.

To get more specific though
Hardcore: Crowbar
Metal: Meshuggah

birdman267
07-26-2009, 02:43 PM
New track MVP by despised icon,

it kinda re-popped my cherry