So confused...

PDA

View Full Version : So confused...

~Max~
07-24-2009, 09:09 AM
Why do you all like terrible bands like botch and converge? Seriously PTH, Parkway Drive, Have Heart, BTBAM; there's so many better bands, why keep suggesting these horrible bands?

Am I not seeing something?

brad5992
07-24-2009, 09:22 AM
get out

stephen_rettie
07-24-2009, 09:23 AM
your not seeing that everyone has different tastes, i dont like fetta cheese, i dont yell at people to stop eating it.

technicolour
07-24-2009, 09:57 AM
trolll?

jonnowev
07-24-2009, 10:00 AM
I think he's just a nub.

IcePh0enix
07-24-2009, 10:24 AM
Terrible and Converge and Botch should never be used in the same sentence.

boffen
07-24-2009, 10:26 AM
Converge and Botch aren't terrible : )

Anyway, trolllulz

lespaul1216
07-24-2009, 02:25 PM
two words.

GO HOME!

deathnote29
07-24-2009, 02:28 PM
You are aware that Converge and Botch are pioneers of the metalcore genre right? PTH and BTBAM are awesome (and my top two favorite bands) but Converge and Botch have both heavily influenced the genre.
Why do you hate them? (I think I can already guess why Converge)

ctb
07-24-2009, 02:36 PM
Why do you all like terrible bands like botch and converge? Seriously PTH, Parkway Drive, Have Heart, BTBAM; there's so many better bands, why keep suggesting these horrible bands?

Am I not seeing something?Then why do you like the bands that we don't? :rolleyes:

cakeschmammert
07-24-2009, 02:43 PM
what are you doing here?

Haymaker17
07-24-2009, 06:18 PM

just curious buddy. what music to you like, that is to say what bands did u come to the hardcore forum to talk about?

IlikeTheSKA
07-24-2009, 06:49 PM
TS deserves a violent death.

Scourge441
07-24-2009, 06:49 PM

You insult Converge and praise Parkway Drive?

Seriously?

brandon369852
07-24-2009, 06:51 PM
TS deserves a violent death.

For having an opinion. :mad:

technicolour
07-24-2009, 07:05 PM
to be fair, he likes have heart..

~Max~
07-24-2009, 07:30 PM
lol, srry guys it was really late at night when I posted this so I wasn't really thinking. To be honest though I still don't really like botch and converge, though I wouldn't have made a thread about it.

I'm not sure why really there music just seems very convuluted, lacking melody, lacking awesome, I also really,really don't like the vocal's in converge (shudder). This forum seems to be bias against metalcore so that would explain why some people don't like what I've listed.

just curious buddy. what music to you like, that is to say what bands did u come to the hardcore forum to talk about?

I was under the impression the bands I listed are in the hardcore forum and are probably in the largest threads, so I really don't get what you mean.

brandon369852
07-24-2009, 07:59 PM
It's more hardcore to like bands that have smaller threads. When a thread gets over 4,000 posts, unless it's BTBAM, they automatically suck.

~Max~
07-24-2009, 08:17 PM
Lol, yeh I noticed that. I don't really understand why you have to like the obscure bands to seem like you know heaps. But then again I'm more metal, so I'll probably never get it :D

pmeg568c
07-24-2009, 08:25 PM
lol, srry guys it was really late at night when I posted this so I wasn't really thinking. To be honest though I still don't really like botch and converge, though I wouldn't have made a thread about it.

I'm not sure why really there music just seems very convuluted, lacking melody, lacking awesome, I also really,really don't like the vocal's in converge (shudder). This forum seems to be bias against metalcore so that would explain why some people don't like what I've listed.

I was under the impression the bands I listed are in the hardcore forum and are probably in the largest threads, so I really don't get what you mean.

you have no idea what you are talking about.

Haymaker17
07-24-2009, 08:35 PM
converge does not lack awesome and neither does botch.

you however do

Bignose
07-24-2009, 11:27 PM

wut

dye37
07-25-2009, 12:09 AM
Those four would not sound the way they do if there was no botch or converge. But on a more understanding note it takes a while to really appreciate bands like converge, isis, neurosis (uh im not going to start listing em all) if you've come into liking hardcore, metal or what ever by listening to atreyu, parkway drive or something more accessible

Cedence
07-25-2009, 12:23 AM
People ride Botch's nuts wayyyyyyyyy too much. Band is pretty mediocre, imo. Seems like a lot of kids on here ride the bandwagon to avoid being ridiculed, like the OP in this thread.

Converge is great though. Every album is great in its own way.

OP is an idiot, but even idiots have opinions. Not justifying the thread, because it's really pretty pointless. Just sayin'

~Max~
07-25-2009, 12:48 AM
Ok, lol you guys are waaaaaaayyy to sensitive. I listened to some more and have concluded that botch is average/nothing special and converge are truly terrible.

Also I'm pretty sure saying I'm an idiot is pretty immature but whatever. I think I'll just let this thread die, cause I doubt I'll change my mind now.

JxD
07-25-2009, 12:49 AM
Ok, lol you guys are waaaaaaayyy to sensitive. I listened to some more and have concluded that botch is average/nothing special and converge are truly terrible.
Stop listening to music/posting here.

~Max~
07-25-2009, 12:59 AM
Stop listening to music/posting here.

Why do you say that?

JxD
07-25-2009, 01:09 AM
Why do you say that?
People on this forum are clearly quite into Converge; you're just trying to get a rise out of them by saying "Converge is terrible." I'm not a ****ing infant, so I can get over someone knocking a band I enjoy, but an argument like this isn't going to go anywhere and it won't even end up being entertaining.

~Max~
07-25-2009, 01:43 AM
That is partly true, but still I kinda found it pretty funny imo. I lol'd hard where someone said converge was better than Parkway.

JxD
07-25-2009, 01:52 AM
I consider Parkway Drive to be a generic band cashing in on the popularity of "metalcore" at the moment, whereas Converge has been around since the 90's and the members all contribute hugely to the hardcore scene on a global scale (whether it be through running labels, sound engineering, touring heavily, etc.).

I suppose this is more of a comment on the bands integrity. When it comes to their music, I consider Jane Doe to be their best.

saxaxe
07-25-2009, 01:53 AM
That is partly true, but still I kinda found it pretty funny imo. I lol'd hard where someone said converge was better than Parkway.
I'm laughing pretty hard at you suggesting they're not.

Frosted Flakes
07-25-2009, 01:57 AM
Move along people... Nothing to see here.

+}-136-{+
07-25-2009, 02:09 AM
Move along people... Nothing to see here.

Indeed. I'll put it simply, OP is either a fag who has utterly shit taste in music and is genuinely retarded or a relatively succesfull troll. Either way, the guy's a dipshit and there is nothing to be gained from viewing this thread. Let's move on and let this thread sink to the deep, dark depths of obscurity along with the other metalcore "flamebait" threads where it belongs.

brad5992
07-25-2009, 02:58 AM

people will think your retarded when they read that. i love converge, but parkway is my favourite band.
for me it took me a while to like converge. i started to take a liking to them when my older brother came up to visit and was just pumping converge 24/7

~Max~
07-25-2009, 04:17 AM
Hmm, you guys do realise that 99% of the world likely agree with me. I don't mind if you want to keep calling me an idiot though, I understand that everyone is different.

Also Parkway do help hardcore considerably seeing as they often tour with hardcore bands and introduce heaps of people to hardcore.

In Conslusion:

Parkway Drive >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Converge

deathnote29
07-25-2009, 04:31 AM
^^^Parkway Drive help the hardcore scene by touring? Really?

Jacob Bannon from Converge owns Deathwish Records, a label for up and coming hardcore bands and he does album artwork for some bands on the side (Shadows are Security by As I Lay Dying and Witness by Modern Life is War are just a few examples), not to mention he's an amazing lyricist. Two former members of the band even went on to form Bane. Converge has released plenty of amazing records one of which being Jane Doe which has got to be one of the most influential records in the genre. Converge has done more to help the hardcore scene than Parkway Drive will probably ever do.

~Max~
07-25-2009, 04:39 AM
Dude I wasn't comparing them I was just saying Parkway has undeniably helped the hardcore scene. Also converge don't have any amazing records.

Bignose
07-25-2009, 05:03 AM
Indeed. I'll put it simply, OP is either a fag who has utterly shit taste in music and is genuinely retarded or a relatively succesfull troll. Either way, the guy's a dipshit and there is nothing to be gained from viewing this thread. Let's move on and let this thread sink to the deep, dark depths of obscurity along with the other metalcore "flamebait" threads where it belongs.

If only, if only...

Cianyx
07-25-2009, 05:24 AM
Hmm, you guys do realise that 99% of the world likely agree with me. I don't mind if you want to keep calling me an idiot though, I understand that everyone is different.

Also Parkway do help hardcore considerably seeing as they often tour with hardcore bands and introduce heaps of people to hardcore.

In Conslusion:

The vast majority of the world wouldn't have heard of either bands anyway. Even so, it doesn't mean that they're right.

+}-136-{+
07-25-2009, 07:17 AM
As I stated earier, this guy is probably a troll. The fact that this thread has gone to 2 pages already proves how easily the majority of the people here get worked up. Stop feeding the fucking troll already.

Where's a mod when you need one?

~Max~
07-25-2009, 10:11 AM
As I stated earier, this guy is probably a troll. The fact that this thread has gone to 2 pages already proves how easily the majority of the people here get worked up. Stop feeding the fucking troll already.

Where's a mod when you need one?

^ Exactly all these people have been insulting my valid opinion and should be held responsible for there actions. Btw I have a name 136. Oh I agree with you tbh this thread has been going on for too long but people just can't say no.

thesceneislame
07-25-2009, 01:21 PM
different strokes for different folks

saxaxe
07-25-2009, 05:53 PM

In Conslusion:

:haha :haha :haha :haha :haha
Ok the problem here, just in case you haven't figured it out, is that you're stating your opinion as fact. I personally think it's hard to deny that Converge is better than Parkway Drive, but whatever, your opinion. It's down to tastes. But it's just 100% solid fact that Converge has done infinitely more to benefit and influence the hardcore scene than Parkway drive has or ever will. And THAT is undeniable.

TheBabySnatcher
07-25-2009, 06:56 PM

In Conslusion:

Dude... Shut the fuck up.

Let's have a look at who they doing their full-Aus tour with..

- Architects
- August Burns Red

These bands aren't Hardcore.

3rdActguitarist
07-25-2009, 07:14 PM
Terrible and Converge and Botch should never be used in the same sentence.

Well technically, they are all still in the same sentence together in this case ;)

Botch and Converge are pretty good, but I like some of what the TS likes too. Really, he's not doing anything most of us haven't done a thousand times. Everyone's always asking "How can you guys possibly like TDWP/BMTH/A!A!/etc. ?" so why not ask everyone else that same question in reverse? Just a though

Haymaker17
07-25-2009, 08:18 PM
dude. newsflash every single band in existence tours. think of a better arguement

~Max~
07-26-2009, 02:07 AM
dude. newsflash every single band in existence tours. think of a better arguement

An argument for what exactly? I just came in here wondering how anyone who isn't deaf could possibly stand listening to converge. Since then I have ascertained that perhaps I will never know and tbh I really don't mind.

Also at the guy who referenced Parkway's current tour to establish they don't tour with hardcore bands - lol. Way to look at the big picture man, never judge a book by its cover.

~Max~
07-26-2009, 02:09 AM
Also I know these guys aren't in the hardcore forum (obviously) but I was just wondering what you would all say for:

Opeth>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Converge

saxaxe
07-26-2009, 02:18 AM
Also I know these guys aren't in the hardcore forum (obviously) but I was just wondering what you would all say for:

Opeth>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Converge
This is a statement I can ALMOST stand behind. In their respective genres, they're pretty much each the cream of the crop. Opeth OBVIOUSLY blows Converge away when you look at sense of melody, musical ability etc. Converge blows Opeth away when you look at intensity and passion. You can't compare the two at all. Completely different styles of music.

Frosted Flakes
07-26-2009, 02:30 AM
What saxaxe said.

I'll be the first to say that Converge isn't as accessible as Parkway Drive is, simply because it's not generic metalcore. I wont even bother trying with you, you're just too damn ignorant when it comes to music.

PUnkMetaL00
07-26-2009, 02:33 AM

noob to noob talk (i will probably loose my rep for this..)

converge and botch are early pioneers of metalcore, known as metallic hardcore, incorporating hardcore punk n extreme metal with the math rock stuff- that's why they sounded different.

slowly metalcore developed into the style you listen to-PTH, Parkway Drive,etc. along with the melodic metalcore stufff u may/ may not listen to- bands like BFMV, KSE, etc. since everybody was adding their own style of metal into this stuff, which seemed popular sice these bands signed to big labels like metal blade. this these metalcore bands scored hiher on billboard with their less dissonant sound...which is probably what your more used to.

im talking like the nerd who sits next to me in my bio class....**** :(

Bignose
07-26-2009, 02:51 AM
noob to noob talk (i will probably loose my rep for this..)

converge and botch are early pioneers of metalcore, known as metallic hardcore, incorporating hardcore punk n extreme metal with the math rock stuff- that's why they sounded different.

slowly metalcore developed into the style you listen to-PTH, Parkway Drive,etc. along with the melodic metalcore stufff u may/ may not listen to- bands like BFMV, KSE, etc. since everybody was adding their own style of metal into this stuff, which seemed popular sice these bands signed to big labels like metal blade. this these metalcore bands scored hiher on billboard with their less dissonant sound...which is probably what your more used to.

im talking like the nerd who sits next to me in my bio class....**** :(

Nothing wrong with knowing your shit man ;)

Haymaker17
07-26-2009, 03:18 AM
lol one of your arguements as to why parkway drive was better than converge was because they helped out the hardcore scene by touring. also before you said converge dont have any amazing records. jane doe is highly regarded as one of the best ever in its genre.

and in terms of helping out the hardcore scene. ya great parkway drive toured with have heart. jake bannon runs deathwish, a record label that helps hardcore bands release albums and thus gain exposure. he also designs album artwork for tons of bands in the hardcore scene. kurt ballou owns a recording studio that he uses to master and produce records for countless hardcore bands today. both of these guys are in converge in case you were wondering.

bottom line two different bands, with different sounds. listen to whatever you want

~Max~
07-26-2009, 04:46 AM
^ Someone wrote relatively the same thing one page back, saying it again won't make me agree :D

I honestly feel horrible comparing converge and opeth, but at least you guys weren't as defensive as I thought you would be. I mostly did that just to experiment.

kurtrip
07-26-2009, 05:45 AM
I mostly did that just to experiment.
so you admit you troll...

GodofCheesecake
07-26-2009, 01:41 PM
The problem here is that, as I believe saxaxe said, you're regarding your opinion as fact. Plenty of people in this forum are guilty of that, but the reason everyone's reacting negatively to YOU is because you're doing it in such an ignorant and arrogant way. Okay, so you like Parkway Drive more than Converge. That's fine. You're allowed to have your own musical taste. But stating that one band is better than another based on NOTHING more than the fact that you like them more is just stupid, immature, and obnoxious.

Now, the reason a lot of people in this forum like Converge is because Converge helped to form the entire metalcore genre. The style of metalcore they play is more similar to hardcore than most of today's metalcore bands, which is why you don't identify with their sound and the reason a lot of people here do.

There will ALWAYS be people that like music you dislike and there are people out there who would think you're insane for liking Parkway Drive. Quit acting like a little kid and let people listen to what they want.

willingvictim
07-26-2009, 01:48 PM
I don't think the argument here is over necessarily which band is better but more so which band is actually hardcore/helps out in the scene/is more relevant to music in general. But yeah, even though I'm guilty of making fun of peoples music tastes.. in the end, I personally don't care, and no one else should.

And for the record, Parkway Drive is one of the only modern metalcore bands I can get down with from time to time. Heavy.

Tallman
07-26-2009, 01:59 PM
We should ban TS for recommending Parkway Drive.