Floyd RoseŽ FRT-O2000 double-locking tremolo

PDA

View Full Version : Floyd RoseŽ FRT-O2000 double-locking tremolo

Gryphon999
07-24-2009, 01:21 PM
Was wondering if its the same as a original floyd rose http://jacksonguitars.com/products/products.php?group=KingV-Body&page=1&product=2913006803

thanks in advance

OFFTOPIC: damn why dont they just put a matching headstock on that thing?!

Ghold125
07-24-2009, 01:25 PM
It's only an Original Floyd Rose if in the specs it says Original Floyd Rose. Nothing else

srob7001
07-24-2009, 01:34 PM
Not the same.....just very similar.

Gryphon999
07-24-2009, 01:34 PM
It's only an Original Floyd Rose if in the specs it says Original Floyd Rose. Nothing else

well, it can be the technical name of a OFR.

Anyone has some info on this??

randomhero93
07-24-2009, 01:37 PM
its a jackson licnsed FR, i believe. it ain't too bad.

Gryphon999
07-24-2009, 01:39 PM
its a jackson licnsed FR, i believe. it ain't too bad.

weird that they put a licensed trem on a 1200ish euro guitar then, while the RR24 is 1125 euros with a OFR..

randomhero93
07-24-2009, 01:45 PM
weird that they put a licensed trem on a 1200ish euro guitar then, while the RR24 is 1125 euros with a OFR..
if they put an OFR on a guitar, they would clearly list it with Original Floyd Rose. If it doesn't say that, it's not an OFR, no matter how many crazy numbers or letters they put after it, it must say Original Floyd Rose. if they listed that guitar had an OFR but got sent out with that LFR, that's false advertisement and Jackson can get sued over that.

SquierLolz
07-24-2009, 02:28 PM
it's an Official floyd rose assembled in Korea in stead of the USA

that's all

sirlaser
07-24-2009, 02:54 PM
it's an Official floyd rose assembled in Korea in stead of the USA

that's all
ofr are made in germany ;), anyways its just an asian made ofr

SquierLolz
07-24-2009, 02:58 PM
oh yeah, sorry

Gryphon999
07-24-2009, 03:07 PM
ofr are made in germany ;), anyways its just an asian made ofr

i believe the quality is worse than german made

can i fit a OFR in it?

sirlaser
07-24-2009, 03:29 PM
ya quality wise the ofr is definitely better, i think you can but you need to find the the ofr with the same nut size as the one you have now

Wakizashis
04-12-2011, 11:32 AM
Hi, in other post, there was nice discussion, but here is the strange thing.

There is believing that ORF is just one and made by Ping. From Schaller are considered as those are licensed ones, but the best ones - probably better than those originals.

FRT - 1000-5000 (or maybe FRT -Oxxxx) should be just Korean made ORF I mean original spec and material, although the saddles are from zinc (wtf). Those are mainly for OEM. You will find them only in guitars and no separated or sold alone. If so, then those are ripped from the guitar.

Those tremolos are used in higher grate guitars like BC Rich Warbeast WMD (yeah, that one I own), but also Jackson RR24. Hell, those guitars should be far more than mid or low end right, right. I would be really surprised, if the Jackson would install some crap into their better, if not the best factory made guitars. People are swearing those are pretty same quality as real Original Floyd Roses. Also, if you look to concrete web of guitar manufacturer, you will see mosty Original Floyd Rose Double Locking Tremolo there.

Look here:

http://jacksonguitars.com/products/specSheet.php?product=2913024899 Here you actually see that FRT Oxxxx

or

http://www.bcrich.com/warbeast_wmd.asp#

It was said clearly. they use the term ORIGINAL FLOYD ROSE. So it should not be crap. They also have written in front Floyd Rose.

Those one uses lightly beveled side of upper side of saddle near to the fine tuners. ORF is straght to the end.

The other situation is with Chinese FR. yeah those are Floyd Rose Special and they should be from steal, not just hardened or so and they have smaller sustain block, I think. People do not like them much, but some are satisfied. Are those better than other licensed ones? As JT580 or others? Well, I do not know. But I would stay away from them. I think that FRS does not use the ORF term, but who knows? Technical name is FRT - S1000-5000. They have written in front Floyd Rose Special.

In very strange world we live in. So many things and so many confusion, right?

Offworld92
04-12-2011, 04:11 PM
Good info for people that don't know, but you probably shouldn't have bumped a 2 year old thread for it.

Wakizashis
04-21-2011, 10:36 AM
Good info for people that don't know, but you probably shouldn't have bumped a 2 year old thread for it.

Hi

you are right. The thing was, I was curious about this by myself too and tried to dig deep into it. I hope it will help to other people. =)

LP_CL
04-21-2011, 10:44 AM
These are Korean made OFR's instead of German made OFR's. Are they better? Definatly not. Are they as good as? Time will point that out. The people at Floyd Rose claim that it is made to the specs of the German made OFR.