Mess in the Morgue

PDA

View Full Version : Mess in the Morgue

Valderama
07-25-2009, 09:23 AM
Discovered these guys yesterday, they are part of the AWESOME North Carolina Deathcore scene.

www.myspace.com/messinthemorgue

I think they are a pretty cool band. Though being quite generic, they are enjoyable to listen to, especially the Miley Cyrus song.
The beatdown at 2:50 ha.

They combine several prominent styles within deathcore / hardcore. Plus the vocalists are pretty sick.

GodofCheesecake
07-25-2009, 05:10 PM
Awesome NC deathcore scene? What? I guess SCENE is right if they have a song about Miley Cyrus (lololol).

At this point I'm pretty much obligated to listen to them.

EDIT: Okay, yes, scene was the right word. No wonder I didn't know about this "awesome" deathcore thing happening...

cakeschmammert
07-25-2009, 06:20 PM
this is absolutely terrible.
it's like you're asking for a negative reaction from everybody.

TheBabySnatcher
07-25-2009, 06:46 PM
Awful. Crap name as well.

Valderama
07-25-2009, 07:10 PM
this is absolutely terrible.
it's like you're asking for a negative reaction from everybody.
Well I'm not.

I am simply letting the world know about a band that I happen to like - with hopes of others liking them.
Cool?

thesceneislame
07-25-2009, 09:25 PM
BR00T41 d00d!

cakeschmammert
07-26-2009, 04:27 PM
hopes shot down!

Valderama
07-26-2009, 04:34 PM
hopes shot down!
Not really.
I have no doubt that at least one person who read this thread liked the band, therefore i consider this a success, pal.

MustangMan311
07-26-2009, 06:03 PM
I've been sadly experiencing the North Carolina music scene for a couple of years, and I can tell you firsthand- There is no "awesome NC deathcore scene", nor is there a deathcore scene at all. I've also never heard of this band in my life or seen them on any kind of bill, and I'm not listening to them, either- They're going to suck dick. Bands like this suck the life out of my ****ing state. **** music.

cakeschmammert
07-26-2009, 06:38 PM
Not really.
I have no doubt that at least one person who read this thread liked the band, therefore i consider this a success, pal.

so far so good.

GodofCheesecake
07-26-2009, 07:12 PM
I've been sadly experiencing the North Carolina music scene for a couple of years, and I can tell you firsthand- There is no "awesome NC deathcore scene", nor is there a deathcore scene at all. I've also never heard of this band in my life or seen them on any kind of bill, and I'm not listening to them, either- They're going to suck dick. Bands like this suck the life out of my ****ing state. **** music.

Damn, dude, what put YOU in a bad mood? Just listen to BTBAM, Knives Exchanging Hands, He Is Legend, and Advent and forget the rest.

Oh, and Wrath and Rapture. I quite enjoy them.

Valderama
07-27-2009, 07:26 AM
Settle down, yea?

MustangMan311
07-27-2009, 01:29 PM
Settle down, yea?

I've been sadly experiencing the North Carolina music scene for a couple of years, and I can tell you firsthand- There is no "awesome NC deathcore scene", nor is there a deathcore scene at all. I've also never heard of this band in my life or seen them on any kind of bill.

Better?

Valderama
07-27-2009, 05:54 PM
Better?
To be fair, I'm not really bothered.
Kudos on actually bothering to edit it.

theevilmilkman
01-16-2010, 12:02 PM
hey i live in NC and no offense dude it isnt a deathcore scene but mess in the morgue is so good i love them and there is a scene in NC and there are a lot of good bands there and some not so good but mess in the morgue is one of the good ones

nashawa
01-16-2010, 12:12 PM
^Valderama can now die a happy man.

GodofCheesecake
01-16-2010, 02:43 PM
There are like, seven good bands here. I wouldn't call that a lot.

scaryfried
01-16-2010, 06:50 PM
20 dollars theevilmilkman is the guitarist

theevilmilkman
01-17-2010, 07:05 PM
ok name ur seven and i can name like a bunch more

and sorry scaryfried you just lost 20 dollars becuz i havent evenbeen able to see them let alone play with them cuz they only play in fayetteville and thomasville and other far away places from me which sucks but i am trying to start a hardcore band

Titansfan920
01-17-2010, 10:11 PM
My bands from NC....we will be good someday ;)

But for real, there are some pretty good bands around here, though most of the ones around here are nothing known on a national scale or anything.

GodofCheesecake
01-17-2010, 10:31 PM
I go to State so I'm within walking distance of the Brewery. If there were a lot of good bands I'd like to think I'd know about them. Seven wasn't an actual number, it was just an indicator that I don't think there are a lot of them. And frankly if you think this band is good then I'm not putting a lot of stock into your list of good local bands.

EDIT: That was to theevilmilkman.

theevilmilkman
01-18-2010, 02:16 PM
dude i dont care where you live the brewery doesnt have that many good shows and to start the list going there is advent, there will be blood, lions for lambs, lewis v clark, xhonorx, torchrunner, onward to olympus, the demonstration, and labyrinthe and thats not all of the bands

GodofCheesecake
01-18-2010, 03:11 PM
Yeah, that's what I thought. I can't say I'm familiar with ALL of them but I don't like Torchrunner, Onward to Olympas, or The Demonstration, and There Will Be Blood is nothing special. Advent are good, they would've been one of the few on my list.

And NC in general doesn't have a lot of great shows, but when it does they're either in Charlotte or Raleigh, and my sister has an apartment in Charlotte so I go to a lot of those as well. I'll concede that seven may have been a bit low, but like I said it was a rough indicator and there aren't as many as you seem to think there are.

spiceylemons
01-18-2010, 11:19 PM
Mess in the morgue are my bands like best friends, these guys get hated onby alot of people but i love em man they are pretty sick if you ask me.but think what you want alot of people just don't understand teh genre

spiceylemons
01-18-2010, 11:20 PM
Lol And I'm in Lions for Lambs.

TheBabySnatcher
01-19-2010, 12:36 PM
This band is bloody awful.

theevilmilkman
01-19-2010, 02:53 PM
dude you guys are ****in awesome im sayin that to the guy in lions for lambs

spiceylemons
03-25-2010, 11:11 AM
dude thanks man! i just now like got this message. we are playing with graves of valor at the brewery on april 3rd. WOOOOOOOOOO

spiceylemons
03-25-2010, 11:16 AM
and you know what, I'm sick of all the negativity in this goddamn forum. to everyone who is so "This is bloody awful" for what reason? Did you even bother to state reasons why something was so bloody awful? Do you have a reason? Do you have a better band and are you writing better music, and playing shows that are worth a damn? To those who say things are so shitty without backing it up is like going to a argument based research class and simply stating "this sucks" ....-_-' Your opinion is worthless. I don't know if anyone will follow me on any of this.

nashawa
03-25-2010, 11:37 AM
and you know what, I'm sick of all the negativity in this goddamn forum. to everyone who is so "This is bloody awful" for what reason? Did you even bother to state reasons why something was so bloody awful? Do you have a reason? Do you have a better band and are you writing better music, and playing shows that are worth a damn? To those who say things are so shitty without backing it up is like going to a argument based research class and simply stating "this sucks" ....-_-' Your opinion is worthless. I don't know if anyone will follow me on any of this.
Oh, don't worry, there will be plenty of flaming to come.

EDIT: Jesus christ, I forgot how horrible the vocals were.

spiceylemons
03-25-2010, 11:43 AM
Which is exactly my point.

nashawa
03-25-2010, 11:49 AM
Your argument about whether or not someone has a better band is irrelevant. People are allowed to like whatever they like. Yes, stating some reasons would help their case, but do they really have to? No.

I don't like U2. Why? Bono annoys me.

Good enough reason? Probably not, but are you going to tell me I need more to back up my opinion? I could mathematically prove that they're bad, but that wouldn't make me any more or less right. It's all opinion. They're terrible because they're terrible.

My point is this: don't defend bands on an online forum and bitch when people don't agree with you 100%. My solo project for example: tons of people hate it, my singing isn't fantastic, but whatever; haters gonna hate. That's cool. I've got to be able to accept criticism.

spiceylemons
03-25-2010, 12:02 PM
Goddamn do I have to be ****in' redundant?? I don't mind if people say something is annoying if they back it up. By stating "U2 isn't good because bono's voice annoys me" is a reason. By stating "U2 sucks" doesn't do a damn thing for anyone. And to say you like criticism?? How about this:
You ****in' suck at singing, I would just stop if I were you.
You are a pretty shitty guitarist for 3 years.

but 'ey man these just opinions.

nashawa
03-25-2010, 12:08 PM
That's cool dude, you don't have to like it.

But let's face it, that wasn't criticism.

And I fail to see how simple chord progressing=sucking at guitar. Not everything needs sweeps and shit. Yes, it's a very basic style, but I don't really see the need for more.

See, I can defend myself without being defensive. You could learn a thing or two.

spiceylemons
03-25-2010, 12:15 PM
Nashawa you are seriously bad for my health.

GodofCheesecake
03-25-2010, 12:15 PM
Do you have a better band and are you writing better music, and playing shows that are worth a damn?
That's probably the worst argument ever, dude. So I'm not allowed to criticize a movie if I'm not a million-dollar producer or director? I can't attack its script because I've never written a script in my life?

nashawa
03-25-2010, 12:19 PM
That's probably the worst argument ever, dude. So I'm not allowed to criticize a movie if I'm not a million-dollar producer or director? I can't attack its script because I've never written a script in my life?
Exactly what I said (less in-depth though).

:cheers:

spiceylemons
03-25-2010, 12:22 PM
... I'm referrring to people who are being short in what they say. If you are not one of them, then I'm NOT talkin' to you. And the whole point of that statement was sort of like saying "What the hell do you know?" I'm also talkin' out of anger so I probably will say something that doesn't make any sence, for that forgive me.

GodofCheesecake
03-25-2010, 12:35 PM
I just don't understand why you're reacting to strongly to this. You can't expect everyone to like a band, and you can't get that upset when they don't.

spiceylemons
03-25-2010, 12:39 PM
This isn't about people not liking MITM, it just about this forum and all the negativity that goes on it. Everyone is so "you dumbass this" or "you shithead that", it's turning me into a negative peice of shit. Which reminds me why I quit this forum about 3 years ago. :/ The people still act the same, just Trivium and Lamb of God isn't what everyone is talking about.

GodofCheesecake
03-25-2010, 12:59 PM
Well that's pretty much the internet for you.

UntoExistence
03-25-2010, 01:09 PM
this immediately made me think of avatar :haha: also, i've been awake all morning how did i miss all this stupid shit?

nashawa
03-25-2010, 03:25 PM
this immediately made me think of avatar :haha: also, i've been awake all morning how did i miss all this stupid shit?
Maybe you were doing something worthwhile?

lookpizza
03-25-2010, 03:46 PM
http://www.last.fm/music/Daggermouth/_/Hey+Nelson%2C+Go+Jump+On+The+Garbage?autostart

spiceylemons
03-26-2010, 11:51 PM
On that note, DONE!