New Big D album

PDA

View Full Version : New Big D album

skatinpunk
07-27-2009, 04:15 PM
so what do you guys think of Fluent in Stroll??

Chaise Boogie
07-27-2009, 04:45 PM
I just found out about the new album a few weeks ago, once it had already released and was upset at myself for having not monitored Big D's activities. But I heard a song or two and thought it was interesting. They're floating even farther away from there original sound, but it's not bad. I need to sit down and give it a thorough listen, for I owe it to them.

-Ru-
07-27-2009, 04:49 PM
I only listened two it twice around when it came out.
I thought the new addition of the female backing vocalists kind of took away from the sound.
Most of the songs just can't really hold my interest. I don't like where they took it. =/
"Not ****ing Around" is a pretty cool song though I guess.

Manos15
07-27-2009, 08:50 PM
What little I've heard from it I didn't like. I loved Steady Riot, but I kinda wish they would just release another Good-Luck.

skatinpunk
07-27-2009, 11:07 PM
What little I've heard from it I didn't like. I loved Steady Riot, but I kinda wish they would just release another Good-Luck.
you're thinking about the wrong album, friend..

Manos15
07-27-2009, 11:18 PM
you're thinking about the wrong album, friend..
What are you talking about?

skatinpunk
07-27-2009, 11:23 PM
we are talking about big d's new album, fluent in stroll. i think youre thinking of strictly rude. the album just came out so not alot of people have heard or heard of it. no worries.

Manos15
07-27-2009, 11:45 PM
we are talking about big d's new album, fluent in stroll. i think youre thinking of strictly rude. the album just came out so not alot of people have heard or heard of it. no worries.
No, I know what album is being discussed. I said I loved Strictly Regard in reference to the direction they were heading prior to the new album. Yet I would like to hear them return to their punk/ska routes which the new album does not do.

devourthekitten
07-28-2009, 03:15 AM
I haven't listened to it. It sucks.

funkywashburn3
07-28-2009, 11:39 AM
i bought it after warped tour in mansfield massachusetts a week ago and listened to it as soon as i got home, and i have to say i'm very dissapointed. the first song really gave me a bad impression, and i hate the addition of the "doped up dollies". davids voice is as good as always, but this album is much too mellow for my liking. however, i love my thoughts take me away, cool song.

Iluvpowerchords
07-28-2009, 12:27 PM

:haha

MisspentYouth
07-28-2009, 05:56 PM
I thought "Doped Up Dollies" was the weakest song on the album, but otherwise I really liked it. That's only on the basis of a once-through listen, but still. It gets my nod of approval.

*nods in approval*

RockThe40oz
07-28-2009, 06:35 PM
+1

devourthekitten
07-28-2009, 07:00 PM
You just like me 'cause I said you're funny. :p:

skatinpunk
07-28-2009, 08:59 PM
i bought it after warped tour in mansfield massachusetts a week ago and listened to it as soon as i got home, and i have to say i'm very dissapointed. the first song really gave me a bad impression, and i hate the addition of the "doped up dollies". davids voice is as good as always, but this album is much too mellow for my liking. however, i love my thoughts take me away, cool song.
i agree, kyle........ :D

BR0KENHEARTED
07-29-2009, 04:45 PM
When I first heard it I didn't like it but thought it was something I could end up getting used to but haven't yet.

From my understanding they cut down their band too you guys might be able to confirm this or not. Isn't David playing guitar now and thee only guitarist? Bass, drums, horn section and backup vocals section.

MisspentYouth
07-29-2009, 04:56 PM
Nope, Sean Rogen is still with the band. At least, he was when I saw them on July 14th. Dave only plays guitar on like one or two songs, live.

bucketned
07-29-2009, 08:56 PM
if sean rogen quit that band...
yikes!