help with tone/sound

PDA

View Full Version : help with tone/sound

xchelseasmilex
07-30-2009, 02:30 PM
i had no idea where to put this so i put it here oO

so BMTH is probably my favorite band at the moemtn (yeah i know they suck blah blah blah)

anyways, having trouble getting my guitar to sound like their's
i have a line 6 amp and BC rich warlock
tuned to dorp A#

anything advice on anything would be great, pretty new to the whole guitar thing ><

saxaxe
07-30-2009, 02:32 PM
Wow, you like BMTH, you have a Line 6 amp AND a BC Rich? Phew. Sucks to be you.
But yea, buy a new amp and buy a new guitar, then you can get a decent tone.

If that's out of your budget, go to the guitar forum and ask their help. All else fails, put the amp on the "insane" setting, scoop the mids down to 0 and put the bass/low at full and the treble/high at 7.

vmanoman
07-30-2009, 02:41 PM
Wow, you like BMTH, you have a Line 6 amp AND a BC Rich? Phew. Sucks to be you.

he also plays in "dorp A".

GodofCheesecake
07-30-2009, 02:41 PM
Yeah, you're not going to be able to perfectly replicate any professional sound with that gear. Although to be fair before everyone bashes on BC Rich, their high end guitars are quality. But I'm willing to bet threadstarter has the lowest end crap model.

saxaxe
07-30-2009, 02:51 PM
Yeah, you're not going to be able to perfectly replicate any professional sound with that gear. Although to be fair before everyone bashes on BC Rich, their high end guitars are quality. But I'm willing to bet threadstarter has the lowest end crap model.
Their high end guitars are really nice. I had the NJ, which was the highest end warlock before getting into the custom ones and it was halfway decent. Not great, but decent. The custom shop ones are niiiice though, once you get past the shape.

GodofCheesecake
07-30-2009, 02:54 PM
I like the shapes, actually. Especially the mockingbird (http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics/products/8/8/7/492887.jpg) .

Sexy.

Plus Chuck Schuldiner played a BC Rich, which gives them like 100 cred points.

willingvictim
07-30-2009, 08:39 PM
yeah.. get new gear

Hella_Br00tal
07-31-2009, 09:31 AM
I like the shapes, actually. Especially the mockingbird (http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics/products/8/8/7/492887.jpg) .

Sexy.

Plus Chuck Schuldiner played a BC Rich, which gives them like 100 cred points.

I thought the same thing.. BC Rich endorsing Chuck which make them pwn, but after trying a lot of their models nothing really made me wet.

Anyway, TS, I recommend a new amp definately. I'm not sure if Bugera had worked on their reliability issues, however, if they have and it's a lot better than they previously have been I would check out a combo from them. I heard good things about the Peavey Vyper(sp?), but I've never tried one

Guitar wise: If you're stuck on that BC Rich and can't move on I would just buy heavy gauge strings (12s would be great for low tuning like Drop A)

Have you looked at any pedals? Maxons are great imo. There's also Maxons with mods that can be ridiculously sweet.

Next time you're down at guitar center test out some ESPs and Jacksons as they are one of the leading companies in metal.. Carvin's a great company too.
Good luck TS