QUICK!! BC Rich limited ed guitar help BODY ART SPACE FACE

PDA

View Full Version : QUICK!! BC Rich limited ed guitar help BODY ART SPACE FACE

$lipKnoT
08-01-2009, 06:22 AM
ok so i was visiting my local guitar store website and i saw a section called ''stock clearance'' and i saw a BC. RICH BODY ART IRONBIRD Oct03 Spacefece Guitar Limited at a joke price 300...

does anyone know what these cost new? are they good? is it any better than my Epiphone SG goth? aparantly very good guitars but i dont know im lost!!!! i need help with all this cause it will go very soon.... :(

im english but live in spain heres the link http://www.musicasa.es/default.asp?codigo=GUI_ELE_BCRICHIRON&codigosub=GUI_ELE&subfamilia=CUERELECTR&familia=CUERDA

it says:
Construction: Bolt on
Wood type: Agathis (?)
Pickups: BC Rich bdsm
24 Jumbo Frets
2 tone controls, 1 volume
Color: limited custon

aswell it says they are VERY limited guitars and i luuuuuuv iron birds xDD

thank you and please answer quick i should buy htis guitar this week probably

Pingis_Or_Death
08-01-2009, 06:33 AM
Well, judging by the specs, I don't think it's that good. 300 is probably allright for it, but I think your Epiphone is probably better. Agathis is supposed to be a pretty bad wood, plywood league almost.

Vauxite
08-01-2009, 06:36 AM
Construction: Bolt on
Wood type: Agathis
Pickups: BC Rich bdsm
24 Jumbo Frets
2 tone controls, 1 volume
Color: limited custom

For those three reasons, personally I wouldn't buy.
Bolt on necks don't have brilliant sustain, and don't feel great around the higher end (IMO). Agathis is crap wood. Simply.
The pickups will be shocking (although they can be changed), if you want a good BC Rich you're gonna have to splash out quite a bit.

Don't just buy it cause it's a pretty colour.

badgerific
08-01-2009, 06:36 AM
A friend of mine payed about 250 for his in 2005 or 2006 I think. The pickup on it was quite thin sounding and weak, but the neck was really nice. The only real problems he had with it was the neck dive and the shape was prone to getting hit on stuff in his room.

If I remember correctly there is no tone knob only a volume which was kinda annoying.

Vauxite
08-01-2009, 06:40 AM
If I remember correctly there is no tone knob only a volume which was kinda annoying.

Controles: 2 Volumen, Selector 3 posiciones, 1 Tono

http://www.musicasa.es/productos/bcrichironbirdMGP3472.jpg

So, they don't even have the right specs on the site. No. Don't buy it.

$lipKnoT
08-01-2009, 06:42 AM
So, they don't even have the right specs on the site. No. Don't buy it.
hahaha so sorry man, but im still VERY interested in it... but i dont want to **** up

more help guys please :)

graspchoke!!!!!
08-01-2009, 06:43 AM
Agathis is a poor man's mahogany. Mahogany from the Honduras was "cheap tonewood" back in the day. Now it's considered top wood. The difference between the 2 is agathis is lighter, but mahogany specie is still mahogany. Get it then switch pu's.

Bingt
08-01-2009, 06:45 AM
it looks ans sounds like crap to me, i wouldn't buy it.

$lipKnoT
08-01-2009, 06:46 AM
comfy neck, thats what i wanted to hear :P anyway like i always say i dont really mind the colour or shape im in for comfort and smooth sounding distortion...

btw ppl please tell me if its anybetter than an Epiphone SG goth edition... thats what i have and if im gonna buy a ****ter (lol) guitar then i wont bother :)

graspchoke!!!!!
08-01-2009, 06:58 AM
Bolt ons doesn't mean less sustain. Think Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Paul Gilbert. Masters of tone and sustain. If you want sustain, get a sustainer pu like Vai does. Guys, grow up!

azn_guitarist25
08-01-2009, 07:05 AM
comfy neck, thats what i wanted to hear :P anyway like i always say i dont really mind the colour or shape im in for comfort and smooth sounding distortion...

btw ppl please tell me if its anybetter than an Epiphone SG goth edition... thats what i have and if im gonna buy a ****ter (lol) guitar then i wont bother :)

Honestly the G-400 would **** all over the BC Rich if you want a true BC Rich then go to the upper end of their product line.

$lipKnoT
08-01-2009, 08:48 AM
hmm anyone know if its anygood for soloing? i gotta learn to solo this year xD

bloodycomfort
08-01-2009, 09:40 AM
It only has a bridge pickup and no neck pickup? I don't know why you're expecting to get all these tones out of such a non-versatile guitar, when purchasing a budget guitar, the last company you want to go for is B.C. Don't get me wrong, their expensive guitars are great, but the majority of the lost-costing ones are known to fall apart and not live up to their cost. I would never pay money for that guitar personally, it sounds like a basic entry level guitar, with a small range of tones, in fact it probably could only make 1 dominant tone on the distortion channel without pedals. Your solos are going to have the same tones as your rhythm playing. You could find a much better guitar to invest in, even at that price.

It seems like you keep prolonging the thread because you are waiting for someone to say multiple positive things about the guitar, but I doubt that will happen besides a "comfy neck". :haha:

jmag
08-01-2009, 09:42 AM
hmm anyone know if its anygood for soloing? i gotta learn to solo this year xD
It seems like you've made this thread just so that someone would tell you that it's okay to buy that guitar. I'll sum it up:

It's a low (not even mid) range B.C. Rich. If you ask around, you'll find that the general advice on those is to stay away from them due to the poor sound, poor playability, poor construction;
While agathis is still a species of mahogany, the one found on cheap guitars isn't usually very good quality, which contributed to agathis' nasty reputation;
It's a single pickup guitar, with a shitty stock pickup - so much for versatility. If you're willing to change pickups, you might as well swap the ones in your Epi for something better.

Buying it would be a waste of money, plain and simple. You're better off using those 300 to upgrade your Epiphone, which would result in you having a very decent sounding and playing guitar.

higgins666
08-01-2009, 09:50 AM
It seems like you've made this thread just so that someone would tell you that it's okay to buy that guitar. I'll sum it up:

It's a low (not even mid) range B.C. Rich. If you ask around, you'll find that the general advice on those is to stay away from them due to the poor sound, poor playability, poor construction;
While agathis is still a species of mahogany, the one found on cheap guitars isn't usually very good quality, which contributed to agathis' nasty reputation;
It's a single pickup guitar, with a shitty stock pickup - so much for versatility. If you're willing to change pickups, you might as well swap the ones in your Epi for something better.

Buying it would be a waste of money, plain and simple. You're better off using those 300 to upgrade your Epiphone, which would result in you having a very decent sounding and playing guitar.

+1 to this, as much as I like BC Riches (I have an Ironbird myself) I'd never advise anyone to get that BC Rich, if you want an Ironbird, have a look at the Ironbird One (its better quality than that one) but it would be pretty much the same as your Epiphone, you might aswell just upgrade your Epiphone, it'll sound better. Or you could save up to get a good BC Rich (look used, from the 80s or so, you can find some really nice ones, or a modern BC Rich like the NJ series).

$lipKnoT
08-01-2009, 12:45 PM
first of all im not expecting any positive comments, im just trying to keep the thread alive for a while to get as many replys as i can, judging by most of them: the guitar sucks... i wont bother with it then thanks guys :) srsly thanks dont think ill bother with another guitarr of 300 cos it will be the same as my epiphone i guess... hmm might get a bass cos local bands need bass players (while i find a band in need of a guitarrist) and i have a decent bass skill considering i play the guitar at an ok lvl... lol.. but i dont know my bday is coming up and i dont have much money myself so idk xD

Tedward
08-01-2009, 12:53 PM
the BC rich junior V is only a little bit more and has pretty good specs from what I remember.