Christan metal band poll

PDA

View Full Version : Christan metal band poll

brad777no
08-05-2009, 09:21 AM
I didn't see any polls about this but which metalcore christian metal band is the best?

DieGarbageMan
08-05-2009, 09:28 AM
Not sure if this is allowed, but As i lay dying.

Necrophagist777
08-05-2009, 09:28 AM
I like them all. For pure "metalness" the last two As I lay Dying albums are the best. The new TDWP is also really really really good. Actually all those bands newest album is really good. But you should have added August Burns Red, they are the best Christian "Metalcore" (I hate that term) around. The Constellations album is probably one of the proggiest "core" albums I've heard in a while.

brad777no
08-05-2009, 09:30 AM
I don't know if it is allowed either lol. I just wanted to see something because people in this underoath thread are argueing that Underoath is better than As I Lay Dying which is totally like WTF

Xhale1
08-05-2009, 09:33 AM
lmao

vanshaya
08-05-2009, 09:34 AM
Please don't call it Christian metalcore. People should understand that Lyrical theme =/= Music/Genre.
Do I hear people calling Akercocke Satanic Blackened Death metal?

BlitzkriegAir
08-05-2009, 09:34 AM
change your title to metalcore

metal bands would be stuff like Believer, Neon Cross etc

Necrophagist777
08-05-2009, 09:35 AM
I don't know if it is allowed either lol. I just wanted to see something because people in this underoath thread are argueing that Underoath is better than As I Lay Dying which is totally like WTF

How could you even compare the two, they are two completely different kinds of music.

Underoath is more like a post-rock band than they are a Metal band. As I Lay Dying is a very very "Metal" metalcore band, with solos and thrashy riffs etc etc.

Where as Underoath (especially the last album) is much more experimental and relies more on interesting fx filled guitar textures as opposed to fast rhythms and more technical playing.

Both do what they do well, to compare each other is insane. That's like comparing russian circles to Testament.

brad777no
08-05-2009, 09:40 AM
How could you even compare the two, they are two completely different kinds of music.

Underoath is more like a post-rock band than they are a Metal band. As I Lay Dying is a very very "Metal" metalcore band, with solos and thrashy riffs etc etc.

Where as Underoath (especially the last album) is much more experimental and relies more on interesting fx filled guitar textures as opposed to fast rhythms and more technical playing.

Both do what they do well, to compare each other is insane. That's like comparing russian circles to Testament.

I like them both not Underoath's vocals though but reason I'm argueing is because they're making claims and I believe As I Lay Dying's guitarist is better at least technically.

Necrophagist777
08-05-2009, 09:47 AM
I like them both not Underoath's vocals though but reason I'm argueing is because they're making claims and I believe As I Lay Dying's guitarist is better at least technically.

Yea nick and phil are really solid guitarists, not particulary techy but nick's solos are some of the most melodic and tasteful in Metal.

brad777no
08-05-2009, 09:50 AM
Yea nick and phil are really solid guitarists, not particulary techy but nick's solos are some of the most melodic and tasteful in Metal.

Yeah, I really like Nothing Left's one. I know there are a lot more technical guitarists like that of Necrophagist, Human Abstract, Protest the Hero, BTBAM, etc. I guess I'm argueing with them for the sake that they're insulting As I Lay Dying. What you think about the vocals?

Necrophagist777
08-05-2009, 09:52 AM
Yeah, I really like Nothing Left's one. I know there are a lot more technical guitarists like that of Necrophagist, Human Abstract, Protest the Hero, BTBAM, etc. I guess I'm argueing with them for the sake that they're insulting As I Lay Dying. What you think about the vocals?

I like both band's vocals. Underoath's really fit their music in my opinion, no complaining about them. Tim's vocals on Shadows are Security were a little rough but on An Ocean Between Us they are really good, and he is pretty solid live too. All those bands you listed have good vocals, my personal favorite is probably TDWP vocal wise.

TDWP is probably my fav of the bands you listed, mainly because of the new album, really good songwriting and guitar textures.

brad777no
08-05-2009, 09:57 AM
Yeah Demon Hunter is my latter favorite on most vocals although the new album had some solid vocals. I wonder why Devil Wears Prada didn't get any votes yet. Yeah I seen As I Lay Dying live at the House of Blues it was awesome also seen All That Remains there. Watching Oli play was epic!

Magero
08-05-2009, 10:39 AM
Underoath is more like a post-rock band
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA

Okeefe Is Legit
08-05-2009, 10:49 AM
I really really really don't like you.

brad777no
08-05-2009, 10:49 AM
Underoath isn't that metal, or hardcore, more along lines of screamo except in their old stuff

Okeefe Is Legit
08-05-2009, 10:52 AM
Underoath isn't that metal, or hardcore, more along lines of screamo except in their old stuff

The thing is, they don't really fit that well into any genre with their newest album. They don't follow the traditional formula of one specific genre every single album. That's something I definitely can't say for AILD.

Dio10101
08-05-2009, 10:53 AM
Stryper.

Magero
08-05-2009, 10:54 AM
They should have stuck with the Gothenburg Metalcore style they had going with Cries From The Past.

brad777no
08-05-2009, 10:56 AM
The thing is, they don't really fit that well into any genre with their newest album. They don't follow the traditional formula of one specific genre every single album. That's something I definitely can't say for AILD.

Point? Doesn't make them better. Stryper is awesome but I mainly was doing this for an arguement. Yeah I loved Cries of the Past and I also liked Angel Below but I'm not much for the screamo stuff

+}-136-{+
08-05-2009, 10:59 AM
Please don't call it Christian metalcore. People should understand that Lyrical theme =/= Music/Genre.
Do I hear people calling Akercocke Satanic Blackened Death metal?

Would you rather someone say "metalcore with Christian lyrical themes"? It's just an adjective to make it a little less ambiguous, not an actual genre. Relax.

Ponyexpress
08-05-2009, 10:59 AM
i voted underoath i havnt really heard as i lay dying's stuff i hear they are good though

likeomgtehtuck!
08-05-2009, 11:10 AM
underoath>>>>>>>>>>>>as i lay dying.

but scrap the **** and listen to converge

brad777no
08-05-2009, 11:32 AM
underoath>>>>>>>>>>>>as i lay dying.

but scrap the **** and listen to converge

this is christian metalcore im not talking about normal metalcore everyone knows that musically their are hundreds of better non christian themed metalcore bands that are better.

PiNk_ThE_pUnK
08-05-2009, 12:11 PM
None.