Crimpshrine guitar tabs?

PDA

View Full Version : Crimpshrine guitar tabs?

Run4TheShadows
08-11-2009, 08:53 PM
I've just started learning guitar and have been a fan of Crimpshrine (around during the late '80s Gilman Street scene, contemporaries of Op Ivy) for awhile, and I've looked all over for tabs of theirs, even contacted Jeff Ott (guitarist, lead singer of Crimpshrine) and he said he never wrote any himself. I know there are some bass tabs on here, but I was just wondering if anyone either has some Crimpshrine tabs or knows where I could find them. Thanks

RizzoWashburn
08-11-2009, 09:10 PM
Every Crimpshrine song I've learned I did by ear, but I'll see if I can get around to tabbing some of them out.

charliezard!
08-11-2009, 09:33 PM
I actually learned a few of em for myself. I should have posted them.
They shouldn't be hard to figure out by ear though.
I'll tab some if I have time in my busy schedule.

werty22
08-11-2009, 10:01 PM
Name a few songs from Sound of a New World Being Born and I'll be happy to give you the chords. I don't wanna do tabs though, I hate typing all those numbers.

I think you'll benefit a lot more from it if you figure them out yourself though. It's a lot better than having to search for tabs all the time.

Rancid Ivy
08-11-2009, 10:08 PM
How did you contact Jeff Ott?!?!?
Oh and, I'm agreeing with werty22 on this one, but if I tab one I'll post it on UG

RizzoWashburn
08-11-2009, 10:48 PM
How did you contact Jeff Ott?!?!?
Oh and, I'm agreeing with werty22 on this one, but if I tab one I'll post it on UG
Just send him an email. I've sent a few back and forth with him.

whyvern
08-12-2009, 05:37 AM
Just send him an email. I've sent a few back and forth with him.

he has a computer? I'm surprised he's not too busy thinking THE GRATEFUL DEAD are punk to have a computer.

axeslash
08-12-2009, 05:52 AM
he has a computer? I'm surprised he's not too busy thinking THE GRATEFUL DEAD are punk to have a computer.Huh what?

whyvern
08-12-2009, 05:57 AM
In one of his zines a long time ago he said THE GRATEFUL DEAD was a punk band... and that he couldn't play electric music any more cos it hurt the environment. That's why FIFTEEN broke up and he plays crappy acoustic shows.

axeslash
08-12-2009, 06:11 AM
In one of his zines a long time ago he said THE GRATEFUL DEAD was a punk band... and that he couldn't play electric music any more cos it hurt the environment. That's why FIFTEEN broke up and he plays crappy acoustic shows.What a fuckin' tool.

RizzoWashburn
08-12-2009, 06:23 PM
In one of his zines a long time ago he said THE GRATEFUL DEAD was a punk band... and that he couldn't play electric music any more cos it hurt the environment. That's why FIFTEEN broke up and he plays crappy acoustic shows.
Was it the My World zine? Cause there's no mention of The Grateful Dead in any issue that I've seen of it.

And it wasn't that playing electric music hurt the environment, it was that touring in giant gas-guzzling vans hurt the environment. Now he bikes/takes public transportation to his acoustic shows.

Run4TheShadows
08-13-2009, 05:26 PM
well whatever his reasons for not touring anymore are, i think we can at least agree that the music he worked on with Crimpshrine is enjoyable and worth listening to.

charliezard!
08-13-2009, 05:55 PM
well whatever his reasons for not touring anymore are, i think we can at least agree that the music he worked on with Crimpshrine is enjoyable and worth listening to.
:golfclap:

werty22
08-13-2009, 08:33 PM
In response to your post on Crimpshrine, you said to name some Sound of a New World Being Born songs I'd like to learn:

Tomorrow
Butterflies
Direction of Things to Come
Sanctuary
My Friend

PS: I know Trying Too Hard and Pretty Mess are from Duct Tape Soup, but if you know those chords too I would like to learn them as well. Thanks again
I submitted them to UG but I'll go ahead and post them here too because they probably won't be up for a few days. I would PM them to you, but that would be kind of messy.

I don't have Duct Tape Soup and although I could easily download it or listen to it on Youtube and learn the songs, frankly I don't want to. I forgot how much I hate tabbing stuff. Maybe I'll do it someday though.

lolmnt
08-14-2009, 03:28 AM
Is it bad that I like Fifteen way more than I like Crimpshrine?

RizzoWashburn
08-14-2009, 09:54 AM
^No. I love Crimpshrine, but IMO Fifteen is way better.

Rancid Ivy
08-14-2009, 10:01 AM
I submitted them to UG but I'll go ahead and post them here too because they probably won't be up for a few days. I would PM them to you, but that would be kind of messy.

I don't have Duct Tape Soup and although I could easily download it or listen to it on Youtube and learn the songs, frankly I don't want to. I forgot how much I hate tabbing stuff. Maybe I'll do it someday though.
HELL YES!

Run4TheShadows
08-14-2009, 04:16 PM
thanks for helping out, werty :)

Run4TheShadows
10-12-2009, 11:21 PM
I tried to do a tab on my own today of Trying Too Hard by Crimpshrine, could anyone check it to see if it sounds ok? I could send it as an attached file.

JesusOfSbrbia
10-13-2009, 04:09 AM
I need to get in on this, playing Crimpshrine songs would be a good way to work on my scales. Well, scale.