Celtic Punk

PDA

View Full Version : Celtic Punk

iforgot112233
08-12-2009, 04:44 PM
I was finding the lack of celtic/irish punk in this forum to be depressing. So in this thread you can talk all about irish punk.

some irish punk bands:
Amadan
Black 47
Blood or Whiskey
Butcher Boys
Charm City Saints
Dropkick Murphys
Everybody Out!
Fiddler's Green
Flatfoot 56
Flogging Molly
The Go Set
Jackdaw
Les Ramoneurs de menhirs
The Mahones
Neck
Orthodox Celts
The Pogues
The Prodigals
The Real McKenzies
The Screw City Saints
The Shamrock
Siobhan
Street Dogs
The Tossers
Ted Leo & The Pharmicists

g_tab_man
08-12-2009, 04:48 PM
dropkick murphys are the best out of those.

Lots O' FX
08-12-2009, 05:25 PM

Hey! That's not how you spell Flogging Molly!

sargasm
08-12-2009, 05:40 PM

The Pogues are on that list, homie.

Real Mckenzies suck and I'm sick of hearing about them.

lavazza
08-12-2009, 05:43 PM

I think The Pogues are boring, I have one of their CDs, itīs the one/one of those Joe Strummer produced and itīs worth nothing.

iforgot112233
08-12-2009, 05:46 PM
agreed and my mom used to work with Al Barr when she was in college

Real Mckenzies suck and I'm sick of hearing about them.
The only reason they're on the list is because I got it off wikipedia.

whyvern
08-12-2009, 06:02 PM
What the **** is celtic about TED LEO AND THE PHARMACISTS? All those bands suck except THE POGUES

lavazza
08-12-2009, 06:06 PM
What the **** is celtic about TED LEO AND THE PHARMACISTS? All those bands suck except THE POGUES

Seriously what do the Pogues have to do with Punk?

StreetLight3989
08-12-2009, 06:07 PM
Yeah, I don't see anything celtic about Ted Leo and the Pharmacists, they are the best band on that list though.

I generally dislike celtic punk, at least what I've heard. I can't The Dropkick Murphys or Flogging Molly.

whyvern
08-12-2009, 06:07 PM
I guess they used to be a punk band at one point or punks were in the band... I dunno, they're a good band though.

g_tab_man
08-12-2009, 06:13 PM
agreed and my mom used to work with Al Barr when she was in college
Seriously? That's awesome.

jakesmellspoo
08-12-2009, 08:44 PM
if i remember correctly, stiff little fingers came out of ireland. flogging molly are my favorite, saw them at warped here in NJ and they kicked ass. too bad the audience sucked, it seemed like half of it didn't know any of the songs. i kept pissing off this group of 12 year olds who decided to place themselves between the barrier and the pit. i kept elbowing them in the head by accident. i hate NJ.

neidnarb11890
08-12-2009, 09:56 PM
I'd rather listen to regular Celtic music.

werty22
08-12-2009, 10:23 PM
I'd rather listen to regular Celtic music.
Same. Celtic punk just seems like a gimmick.

RockThe40oz
08-12-2009, 11:05 PM
The Tossers are the only "celtic punk" band I've ever heard that sounded at least somewhat sincere.

skatinpunk
08-13-2009, 12:21 PM
i love celtic punk. seen DKM twice!

lavazza
08-13-2009, 01:29 PM
i love celtic punk. seen DKM twice!

live they are really great, as well as Flogging Molly......Iīve seen Dropkick Murphys twice and Flogging Molly 3 times, but I didnīt listen to them at home for years, since thatīs just boring.

btw. Guiness is worse than Paderborner

skatinpunk
08-13-2009, 02:47 PM
guiness is wonderful, but i have started to like murphy's stout

Adarsh
08-13-2009, 03:09 PM
Dropkick Murphys aren't Irish, as much as they try to be.

I like how they talk about how Irish they are, and say "this is for Ireland!", and then whip out a bagpipe....

Hence, they do annoy me.

pinheadslts75
08-13-2009, 03:23 PM
The Pogues just ain't the same since Shane McGowan got his teeth fixed

Iluvpowerchords
08-13-2009, 03:31 PM
The Pogues just ain't the same since Shane McGowan got his teeth fixed

I think they are dentures though.

So underneath he's all gums.

Which is hilarious.

THE POGUES rawk.

pinheadslts75
08-13-2009, 05:01 PM
oh no, those are definitely dentures.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/05/16/article-1183171-04F46A6A000005DC-687_468x286.jpg

He didn't have front teeth to fix.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/05/16/article-1183171-0018151800000258-606_468x513.jpg

WillB13
08-16-2009, 03:39 PM
I can't stand Flogging Molly. Anyone with me?

EDIT: or DKM

jakesmellspoo
08-23-2009, 11:35 AM
and what's your beef with them?

skatinpunk
08-23-2009, 12:03 PM
I can't stand Flogging Molly. Anyone with me?

EDIT: or DKM
nope. everyone hates you now

RockThe40oz
08-23-2009, 01:36 PM
I don't mind flogging molly so much... not something I'd really put on myself, but I don't mind if somebody else is listening to it.

DKM, on the other hand, just come across as so fake. Bunch of Boston Irish wannabes that just rip off old Irish folk songs. I'm convinced DKM only has like 3 original songs.

Joe Publicity
08-23-2009, 04:17 PM
Im in a band Called The Scabby Dugs that i guess could be called 'celtic punk'.
As a Scotsman with Irish family, i do get sick of the American and Canadian bands turning our culture into some kind of gimmick. Although I like bands such as DKM's and Real Mckenzies, I do get sick of the fact that they make all scots/Irish people look like anti English hooligan drunks.
I Want to play in a Band that people could call 'celtic punk' because I love traditional Scots music. However I dont want to create a Tartan shortbread tin image of Scotland.
A friend of our band suggested we get a bagpipe player and we wear Kilts live. I just thought that was rediculous. I dont wear a kilt very often, so why start now? do I need a Kilt to tell an audience im Scottish?
As for Bagpipes, They are a Traditional Scottish instrument, But i feel many people look upon them as the ONLY Scottish instrument. and I think adding them to our sound would just make us look as much of a gimmick as the American/canadian bands.

sargasm
08-23-2009, 04:33 PM
I might get to see the pogues in september. Lalalalalalala.

Supposedly they're playing in vancouver but it doesn't seem to be confirmed yet.

Joe Publicity
08-23-2009, 05:39 PM

I like how they talk about how Irish they are, and say "this is for Ireland!", and then whip out a bagpipe....

Hence, they do annoy me.

Yeah that is annoying, but you can't really point the blame at them. The Irish Americans have had pipe band parades for decades on st. paddys day for some bizzare reason.

But I suppose also Scots can't take credit for the pipes either. Historically it was somewhere like Afghanistan that invented them belive it or not.

lavazza
08-24-2009, 05:08 AM
I don't mind flogging molly so much... not something I'd really put on myself, but I don't mind if somebody else is listening to it.

DKM, on the other hand, just come across as so fake. Bunch of Boston Irish wannabes that just rip off old Irish folk songs. I'm convinced DKM only has like 3 original songs.

Flogging Molly are californian (?) irish wannabees :rolleyes:

Yeah that is annoying, but you can't really point the blame at them. The Irish Americans have had pipe band parades for decades on st. paddys day for some bizzare reason.

But I suppose also Scots can't take credit for the pipes either. Historically it was somewhere like Afghanistan that invented them belive it or not.

But Dropkick Murphys canīt claim to be from afghanistan itīd end up bad for them

neidnarb11890
08-24-2009, 10:14 AM
^The lead singer is actually from Ireland. I've always thought that made them somewhat more legit.

Anyway, I'm with RockThe40oz on this one.
I have a couple Flogging Molly CD's. I could never really get into them, but they have some alright songs.

Joe Publicity
08-24-2009, 03:33 PM
Flogging Molly are californian (?) irish wannabees :rolleyes:

But Dropkick Murphys canīt claim to be from afghanistan itīd end up bad for them

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Maybe it isn't a good idea for a Scotsman to tell people that Bagpipes came from that area, Seeing as Scotlands already in the bad books with America after the events of last week. :haha:

iwannabesedated
08-25-2009, 05:37 PM
Dropkick Murphys are my favorite. But, Flogging Molly is a close second. My friends used to be in a Celtic Punk cover band. Got exposed to a lot of good music.

jakesmellspoo
08-25-2009, 08:53 PM
yeah, it doesn't matter if you don't like flogging molly, they aren't "californian irish wannabees" dave king came here from ireland. the rest of them aren't irish, but thats unimportant because i said so.

zeminion
08-26-2009, 01:26 AM
yeah, it doesn't matter if you don't like flogging molly, they aren't "californian irish wannabees" dave king came here from ireland. the rest of them aren't irish, but thats unimportant because i said so.

Pretty sure alot of them like schwindt and regan are from irsih descent.

lavazza
08-26-2009, 04:44 AM

why did he come? because all this irishness got on his nerves?

zeminion
08-26-2009, 03:06 PM

man he moved to the US to start his music career. he still visits back home to see his mom and Float was recorded and written in Ireland

Joe Publicity
08-26-2009, 06:25 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W173LBFDSX0&feature=related

Judging by that video of his first band Fastway, California seems to be the place for an Irishman to rediscover his musical heritage! :haha:

I nearly choked on a ringpull when i watched this. cant imagine him pulling on those jeans nowadays.

Deek_13
08-27-2009, 09:44 PM
Haha that video is amazing, knew he was in a band called fastway but never thought to look em up! Flogging molly are also one of the best bands i've ever seen. Wouldn't mind seeing DKM!

jakesmellspoo
08-27-2009, 09:54 PM
that video killed me a little bit

iwannabesedated
08-28-2009, 03:30 PM
At the end of Football games in High School my friends and I would sing What's Left of the Flag. Great times.

whyvern
08-28-2009, 03:49 PM
Football games? That sucks. I went to that **** once in freshman year, then I realized there's better ways to spend a thursday night.

iwannabesedated
08-29-2009, 04:02 PM
Football games? That sucks. I went to that **** once in freshman year, then I realized there's better ways to spend a thursday night.

Maybe that's the issue.

High School Football games are on Friday. :haha:

neidnarb11890
08-29-2009, 04:24 PM
What difference does it make?

There's even more to do on Friday nights.

RockThe40oz
08-29-2009, 04:40 PM
What difference does it make?

There's even more to do on Friday nights.
He was jokingly suggesting that whyvern showed up for the football game on Thursday when it was actually on Friday and that's why it sucked so much.

whyvern
08-29-2009, 04:45 PM
Maybe that's the issue.

High School Football games are on Friday. :haha:

Maybe in your backward state. Where I came from (where high school football is like a ****ing religion only second to college ball, I've seen grown men beat each other to pulp over a stupid ass college game), Alabama otherwise known as the cradle of redneck civilization, they were Thursdays.

I actually became good friends with the quarterback of our team my junior and senior year... still didn't go. He never went to punk shows either, although we tried to convince him to cos ya know "you can like totally drink there and **** and no one will say ****".

neidnarb11890
08-29-2009, 04:48 PM
He was jokingly suggesting that whyvern showed up for the football game on Thursday when it was actually on Friday and that's why it sucked so much.
D'OH :bonk:

iwannabesedated
08-29-2009, 04:49 PM
Ohio high school football is a religion too. (not necessarily in my town, but for the most part) and I've never heard of High School football being played on Thursday, except for the Freshman team anywhere, besides the one they sometimes show on ESPN. It was Friday when I lived in Florida, it was Friday when I lived in New Jersey, and it's Friday here in Ohio.

And trust me, if I had the choice to go to punk shows or hs football, I'd pick the shows, but there just aren't any around here.

whyvern
08-29-2009, 04:51 PM
Friday's college game day in Alabama. I can't believe I'm talking about football on the punk forum. I've been gone from high school for 3 years and that ****'s still following me. I'm sure there's punk near you in Ohio I mean we played a show in Kent, OH... ****ing Kent, OH... there's nothing in Kent, OH.

iwannabesedated
08-29-2009, 04:53 PM
Kent looks like New York compared to where I live.

You like Corn and Soybean fields, country music, and republicans? Then you'll love it!

If you like good music and having fun every once in a while, you won't.

whyvern
08-29-2009, 04:59 PM
Where do you live in Ohio... I guarantee you there's something going on there.

iwannabesedated
08-29-2009, 05:01 PM
Pataskala. The best music you hear all year in this place is the school battle of the bands, and even that's full of really bad metal bands.

You either have to drive into Columbus (where it's hit and miss), to Cleveland or down to Portsmouth.

whyvern
08-29-2009, 05:06 PM
Dude, Columbus is awesome all the time: http://blackcloudphoto.wordpress.com/ E-mail this dude and he can tell ya what's up! Columbus punks are super cool and awesome and drink whiskey as much as Huntsville punks do!

iwannabesedated
08-29-2009, 05:09 PM
Dude, Columbus is awesome all the time: http://blackcloudphoto.wordpress.com/ E-mail this dude and he can tell ya what's up! Columbus punks are super cool and awesome and drink whiskey as much as Huntsville punks do!

Guess that's what happens when all your friends are metalheads. You don't hear about this stuff.

Thanks a lot man. I am in your debt.

Jumbaliah4ESP
09-02-2009, 08:39 AM

Hence, they do annoy me.

Couldn't agree more

axeslash
09-03-2009, 02:58 AM
Not a drop of Irish blood in me, so I feel no heritage connection.

And I haven't found a band that appeals to me. They probably exist, but I haven't found them.

I guess it's just too easy to find Swedish d-beat and German crust for me to care about finding a music blog specializing in Irish punk.

BassFishin
12-03-2009, 07:15 PM
I'll glady revive this thread.

Flatfoot 56 is amazing. Not the BEST out of those bands, (i would reserve that for Flogging Molly), but certainly one of my favorite. I saw them play in a really small venue recently...it was so intense. Felt so underground.

RockThe40oz
12-03-2009, 10:34 PM
Felt so underground.
:haha:

BassFishin
12-04-2009, 09:55 AM

Care to enlighten me?

RockThe40oz
12-04-2009, 06:48 PM
It's just a silly thing to say.

jakesmellspoo
12-04-2009, 07:16 PM
yeah. i'm a big flogging molly fan, but they're certainly not underground. oh wait, you said felt underground. ah, well at the underground shows i've been to the largest crowd we ever had was 20 people cramped into a 15 by 15 basement and 80% of that crowd were members of the bands that were playing. that was a really fun night too. got pretty drunk and chased my friend into the street with a knife and almost got hit by a car, then this dumb bitch thought it would be a good idea to mix some kinda pills with vodka and straight up blacked out standing up. so all the retards present thought to give the ol' "splash water on the face" thing a try. it doesn't work. it all ended with our drummer's fat, hairy, new york-accent-having dad yelling at drunk bitches mom in his underwear that "there was no alcohol in the house" then most people left and this other chick thought it would be cool to down a water bottle full of vodka all at once. right after that we all went and smoked weed behind the shed. then we came back inside. by this time, the vodka chugger was a complete sloppy mess and we spent the rest of the night watching tv and her sloppy ass. that was a really good night. hmmm, where were we again?

BassFishin
12-05-2009, 06:11 PM
yeah. i'm a big flogging molly fan, but they're certainly not underground. oh wait, you said felt underground. ah, well at the underground shows i've been to the largest crowd we ever had was 20 people cramped into a 15 by 15 basement and 80% of that crowd were members of the bands that were playing. that was a really fun night too. got pretty drunk and chased my friend into the street with a knife and almost got hit by a car, then this dumb bitch thought it would be a good idea to mix some kinda pills with vodka and straight up blacked out standing up. so all the retards present thought to give the ol' "splash water on the face" thing a try. it doesn't work. it all ended with our drummer's fat, hairy, new york-accent-having dad yelling at drunk bitches mom in his underwear that "there was no alcohol in the house" then most people left and this other chick thought it would be cool to down a water bottle full of vodka all at once. right after that we all went and smoked weed behind the shed. then we came back inside. by this time, the vodka chugger was a complete sloppy mess and we spent the rest of the night watching tv and her sloppy ass. that was a really good night. hmmm, where were we again?

That's pretty intense. Yeah i wasn't talking about Flogging Molly, i was talking about Flatfoot 56. It was in a room probably a little larger than 15 by 15, tons of moshing and classic Oi! chanting goin on. It was a good time.

But the MOST 'underground' show i guess i've ever been to was the one we threw in my drummer's garage. I was in one of the bands playing. There were about 40 people crammed in a typical sized garage, with my band (sort of a punkey grunge dealey) and the featured band (some kinda screamo hardcore crap that i'm not such a fan of ) playing. The point is, it was outta control. I'd go into details but it's been a good three years....i definitly remember some kind of mosh shit happening, as well as people hanging up in the raftors to get out of the chaos. The cops were eventually called, and came by to shut it down. As soon as they left, the main band played for another 30 minutes or so with no interruptions. It was awesome.

It's just a silly thing to say.

No it's not. Don't start pulling some punk elitist crap on me.

werty22
12-05-2009, 07:12 PM
No it's not.
Nah, I think it is.

BassFishin
12-06-2009, 04:30 PM
Nah, I think it is.

Mmk. Good for F*cking you. Explain why. Or shut up. And don't say 'because THATS not underground, THIS is!' or anything like that. Because it's people that say things like that that make me hate any kind of 'scene'.

RockThe40oz
12-06-2009, 04:43 PM
It's silly because you care if something is underground.. and somehow the show "feeling underground" made you enjoy it more. If you said it felt more personal, that would have made more sense.

werty22
12-06-2009, 05:47 PM
^That.

BassFishin
12-06-2009, 06:18 PM
It's silly because you care if something is underground.. and somehow the show "feeling underground" made you enjoy it more. If you said it felt more personal, that would have made more sense.

Oh my god, really? It's a matter of vocabulary? I mean that IS what i meant. It felt like a private show. Underground was the word that came to mind, especially considering the types of bands and shows in my area. It's all whiney emo 'hardcore' bands that think they're all 'anti establishment', even though their mommies and daddies bought them their instruments.

Then finally an awesome, raw band played really close to where i live, and not in some big theater as they usually do, it was in a tiny room only large enough to hold maybe 40 people crammed together, and there was no one there to stop people from just going crazy to the music, as with any other venue.

But oh, i'm sorry, i guess 'underground' isn't the right word given the situation. Although....sh*t, that's right, i forgot that i asked your opinion...how foolish of me.

Beakwithteeth
12-06-2009, 10:45 PM
Man, punk forum kids are confrontational.

lookpizza
12-06-2009, 11:06 PM
Oh my god, really? It's a matter of vocabulary? I mean that IS what i meant. It felt like a private show. Underground was the word that came to mind, especially considering the types of bands and shows in my area. It's all whiney emo 'hardcore' bands that think they're all 'anti establishment', even though their mommies and daddies bought them their instruments.

Are those the same bands that headline over your band in your own drummers garage?

BassFishin
12-07-2009, 02:07 AM
Are those the same bands that headline over your band in your own drummers garage?

Yessir. I hate em. But the other two bandmates desperately wanted them to headline over us. I caved because i knew that they'd draw a crowd. (and that band that i was in is no more)

I'd like to think that i'm not. In fact, in my original post, all i was doing was talking about a really cool show i was at. But then other people felt i didn't talk about it the right way.

I'd also like to think i'm not a 'punk forum kid', but any kind of forum always brings out the worst in me. Thank god i wasn't around for all of that 4chan crap when it was popular...

jakesmellspoo
12-08-2009, 02:03 AM
hm, more fights. i'm really high right now and have to be awake for school in 4 hours, but i know i'm definitely not gonna be able to sleep. oh molly, how i love you so.

iwannabesedated
12-08-2009, 04:40 PM

**** YOU!!!! :angry:

BassFishin
12-10-2009, 03:16 PM
**** YOU!!!! :angry:

Seriously though. Forums can get so repetitive and boring. I really need to stop using this site to discuss/debate bands and opinions. I can do that with my jackass friends in real life.

iwannabesedated
12-10-2009, 04:30 PM
I agree, except I don't learn anything from my friends. I usually educate them on music stuff. On this site I get schooled quite often.

axeslash
12-10-2009, 04:59 PM

Seriously though. Forums can get so repetitive and boring. I really need to stop using this site to discuss/debate bands and opinions. I can do that with my jackass friends in real life.It's funny because you were the one who got all pissed off and confrontational.

BassFishin
12-10-2009, 05:22 PM
It's funny because you were the one who got all pissed off and confrontational.

......no? as i said, all i was doing was telling a story. and then other people decided to be all pissy about that story. so then i got pissy. I really don't think it was unreasonable.

Don't be a dick, and i won't be a dick back. It's that simple.

axeslash
12-10-2009, 05:35 PM
......no? as i said, all i was doing was telling a story. and then other people decided to be all pissy about that story. so then i got pissy. I really don't think it was unreasonable.

Don't be a dick, and i won't be a dick back. It's that simple.People weren't getting pissy. They were laughing at a silly thing you said. YOU ARE THE ONE who got all pissed off and indignant.

Really bro you've been the biggest dick so far. That "don't be a dick and I won't be a dick back" attitude is a two way street.

I mean to be completely fair saying something like "felt so underground" is kind of a silly thing to do. Being nice doesn't mean you accept and respect everything that everyone says.

lookpizza
12-10-2009, 11:58 PM
Really bro you've been the biggest dick so far. That "don't be a dick and I won't be a dick back" attitude is a two way street.

When I read this I imagined giant dick-people walking back and forth down a street.

Does this mean I'm gay?

neidnarb11890
12-11-2009, 12:03 AM
Yes.

BassFishin
12-11-2009, 12:55 PM
Whatever. I hate the ug forums anyways. The only forum i'm registered for where people look for any excuse to act like a tard. Forgive me for trying to revive this awesome thread originally.

And i still don't think what i said was silly.

axeslash
12-11-2009, 02:17 PM
Whatever. I hate the ug forums anyways. The only forum i'm registered for where people look for any excuse to act like a tard. Forgive me for trying to revive this awesome thread originally.

And i still don't think what i said was silly.Quit yer bitchin'. No one wants to hear it.

Now let me tell you that you sir are acting like a child, and declaring us to be the "tards" will not make it true, no matter how bad you want it to be. We're fine people here in the UG Punk Forum but there's a few things you need to know about us and punk in general.

When you said "felt so underground" there is a certain number of conclusions that can be drawn. The first one, the one that I think we all ascertained was that you enjoyed the concert more because of its "underground feel." This in itself is silly because it indicates that you enjoy music more that is underground, so that you can brag about how underground it is. In other words, you were acting like a hipster who enjoys all his music for the purpose of getting more points in indie cred. Sure, punk music is underground for the most part. But we don't care, we just listen to it because it is good.

Nobody was making fun of you because that show wasn't underground and that we've seen more underground stuff. We were making fun of you because you sound like a typical 14 year old trying to sound as "punk as fuck" so he can be in high-standing in the punk rock club. We're not about that seeing as most of us aren't 14. Hell I'm 20.

Now do you know why what you said is silly?

What you said was silly, and it was even funnier when you flipped out, started cursing, and dropped this gem: "Because it's people that say things like that that make me hate any kind of 'scene'." Let me tell you that I would not mind removing every asshole like you from "the scene." You're what makes punk boring and bland. Legions of assholes with the same opinion on everything who hate being disagreed with.

Now you can claim you didn't get pissed off, but RockThe40Oz and werty22 didn't use more than a line or two each and hardly indicated any emotion where you started cursing and demanding answers.

I can see how any kind of forum brings out the worst in you; as you are a confrontational prick.

werty22
12-11-2009, 06:03 PM
:haha

RockThe40oz
12-11-2009, 06:50 PM
Plus yer a total f*ggot and I hate yer face

axeslash
12-11-2009, 07:15 PM
I love his user title: "Ranked in the top 1000!"

Damn, he's pretty fuckin' cool if he made it into the top 1000.

jakesmellspoo
12-11-2009, 09:49 PM
your rant was soooooo long. he should just learn to take the abuse like i do, you can't expect to come into an internet forum and have eveyone agree with everything you say all the time just because said forum is labeled "punk" and you believe you are "punk"

RockThe40oz
12-12-2009, 12:24 AM
You just talk about drugs too much and nobody thinks you're cool for it.

jakesmellspoo
12-12-2009, 02:24 AM
i don't want people to think i'm cool for talking about drugs. yeah, i talk about them quite a bit, but that's because it's all i really do anymore, and no i'm not proud of that. so, yeah, i hope it's clear now i'm not trying to impress anyone. sorry for the confusion. :shrug: i mean i could try to talk about it less if it bothers you that much.

RockThe40oz
12-12-2009, 03:44 AM
It's not that it bothers me, it's just that it's boring and doesn't add anything to the conversation... at least say something creative inspired by drugs.. not "oh man I'm soooo high dudes"

jakesmellspoo
12-12-2009, 01:19 PM
ok, maybe i'll post up someof the drug induced artwork i've made when i have the time. currently working on a terry gilliam (monty python era) style collage.

iwannabesedated
12-12-2009, 01:57 PM
^That's pretty frickin awesome.

jakesmellspoo
12-12-2009, 04:23 PM
we'll see how it actually turns out, been really unmotivated to do anything lately. i'm only getting an A+ in my art class right now cause the teacher likes me. i literally have only done maybe 4 of 50 or so projects we were assigned.

Ghost Of Celts
12-14-2009, 08:48 AM
Oi Polloi is a scottish Celtic Punk band. one of their albums is in gaelic : ar ceol's ar canan ar a mach. It's great !

lavazza
12-14-2009, 09:33 AM
itīs funny when they sing songs that are originally in gaelic, as Union Jack thalls cac in German still keep some kind of sense and also the sound of the words Union jack alles kack

BassFishin
12-15-2009, 10:28 PM
First off, i'm also 20, so if i sounded 14, thats my problem.

I just don't get why when i revived this thread and told a little story that everyone had to think it was stupid!

Okay, it sounded silly. Fine! So it did. It was the dumbest thing ever said in the history of human kind.

But let me ask you this: If the biggest arguement against me is that i'm immature and a prick, how mature and un-prick-like is it to just quote someone with a stupid laughing emoticon? Without explaining why its funny?

Do you see my arguement here?

And do you think i jumped on this thread because i wanted to be confrontational? No, i wanted to talk about Celtic Punk and how its awesome. I was thrilled when i found a thread dedicated to it.

Only reason i said 'felt so underground', and clearly you missed the mark on this one, was because of the endless amounts of sh*tty, poppy, mainstream bands in my area, then FINALLY i get to go to the type of show that i love. It's such a rare occurance for me.

And i brought it up because i figured someone could relate in some way, and because it was an awesome night for me.

Oh, and for the record, saying that you enjoyed something, then getting pissed when someone laughs at you for enjoying it doesn't make you a prick. It makes you Human.

PS: I'll b*tch as long as you keep provoking it. Or you can shut up and talk about a concert you went to for one of the many fine bands listed here. Oh, and i won't rip on you for it either. Believe it or not.

axeslash
12-15-2009, 10:46 PM

I just don't get why when i revived this thread and told a little story that everyone had to think it was stupid!

Okay, it sounded silly. Fine! So it did. It was the dumbest thing ever said in the history of human kind.

But let me ask you this: If the biggest arguement against me is that i'm immature and a prick, how mature and un-prick-like is it to just quote someone with a stupid laughing emoticon? Without explaining why its funny?

Do you see my arguement here? There's a good saying that's attributed to Oscar Wilde and it goes a little like this:

I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man.

You are dumb. Resign yourself to your fate and leave us alone.

werty22
12-15-2009, 11:19 PM

And do you think i jumped on this thread because i wanted to be confrontational? No, i wanted to talk about Celtic Punk and how its awesome. I was thrilled when i found a thread dedicated to it.

Only reason i said 'felt so underground', and clearly you missed the mark on this one, was because of the endless amounts of sh*tty, poppy, mainstream bands in my area, then FINALLY i get to go to the type of show that i love. It's such a rare occurance for me.

And i brought it up because i figured someone could relate in some way, and because it was an awesome night for me.

Oh, and for the record, saying that you enjoyed something, then getting pissed when someone laughs at you for enjoying it doesn't make you a prick. It makes you Human.

PS: I'll b*tch as long as you keep provoking it. Or you can shut up and talk about a concert you went to for one of the many fine bands listed here. Oh, and i won't rip on you for it either. Believe it or not.
lol

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_IVI5W8Eg3Gs/SI8lYL-M6jI/AAAAAAAAABE/hJEyACF7rNQ/s320/YouMad.jpg

lolmnt
12-15-2009, 11:54 PM
Oh lawd. Youz guys.

RockThe40oz
12-16-2009, 08:23 AM

sargasm
12-16-2009, 04:21 PM
lol holy shitstorm chill guize

whyvern
12-16-2009, 05:28 PM
i felt so underground the other day when I made a reference no one at my school knew about.

iwannabesedated
12-16-2009, 06:27 PM
okay, this is seriously getting annoying.

neidnarb11890
12-16-2009, 06:53 PM
I went to a show in someone's basement last week. I felt so underground.

RockThe40oz
12-16-2009, 07:11 PM
I rode a subway in NYC the other day.

I felt so underground.

nashawa
12-16-2009, 07:11 PM
^ Hah! That joke works on at least 2 different levels.

iwannabesedated
12-16-2009, 07:34 PM
Isn't it enough you scared him off the forum? Do you have to completely destroy this thread for no reason?

axeslash
12-16-2009, 07:52 PM
Well this thread wasn't very good in the first place.

neidnarb11890
12-16-2009, 10:08 PM
Yeah. Frankly, I thought my clever word play was improving it.

werty22
12-16-2009, 10:27 PM
I want "felt so underground" to be a meme. Hopefully I'm not killing its meme potential by saying that.

nashawa
12-17-2009, 12:55 AM
Well you did, but perhaps the meme could be a meme within a meme about "feeling so underground"

which I just apparently also killed by mentioning. :sad:

I feel so underground right now you guys...

axeslash
12-17-2009, 08:12 AM
I don't do it to feel underground.

I do it for the scene.

nashawa
12-17-2009, 01:54 PM
I post in this forum for the scene.

It makes me feel so underground.

iwannabesedated
12-17-2009, 04:19 PM
You're all going to feel underground if you continue. :killaxe:

werty22
12-17-2009, 05:48 PM
It can't be a meme unless it's used in other threads.

nashawa
12-17-2009, 05:52 PM
Obviously. We need to build a base first.
Geeze.

Okay this had been thought about waay too much.

mikeskiboshski
12-17-2009, 06:48 PM
The Briggs!!!