The Aquabats!

PDA

View Full Version : The Aquabats!

ratmblink123
08-23-2009, 01:01 AM
Okay, guys. So I've searched a good deal and can't find an Aquabats thread. So I decided to make on myself.

I just saw them at Six Flags Magic Mountain, which was actually a surprisingly good venue. They were so awesome live, and I just had to come back here and make a thread for them! I have pictures of the show and a picture with MC Bat Commander if anyone wants to see.

So what are your favorite songs? Favorite member?

Wrst_Plyr_Evr
08-23-2009, 01:13 AM
I wanted to go to that show so bad. But I just started school on Monday and couldn't afford to miss class to go. I was so angry.

ratmblink123
08-23-2009, 01:41 AM
You should have just gone! It was great, man.

SKAtastic7770
08-23-2009, 11:27 AM
I loooove the aquabats. Musically they are very underater. My favorite (former) member is Chainsaw but I have never had the opportunity to see them live. Return of the aquabats really is a great ska album.

jakesmellspoo
08-23-2009, 12:04 PM
i kinda like them. i've got Charge! my favorite song is the Super Rad one. i have this friend that tries to act like travis barker made the band who they are just because he was there for like the 1st record.

SKAtastic7770
08-23-2009, 01:30 PM
i kinda like them. i've got Charge! my favorite song is the Super Rad one. i have this friend that tries to act like travis barker made the band who they are just because he was there for like the 1st record.
He only recorded on their second album. He really didnt do much for the band really. He also wasnt famous at all then. SO tell your friend to take his blink 182 CDs and soljah Boi remixes and shove them up his idiot box.

BR0KENHEARTED
08-23-2009, 03:16 PM
I've seen this band more times than I can count. They're home town heroes for our town. I talked to the drummer Ricky Fitness at my old work when he came in to get cheese fries. Cool guy.

jakesmellspoo
08-24-2009, 12:18 AM
He only recorded on their second album. He really didnt do much for the band really. He also wasnt famous at all then. SO tell your friend to take his blink 182 CDs and soljah Boi remixes and shove them up his idiot box.

oh believe me, i've told him before. you seem to know what he listens to pretty well too, lol. ugh, hes one of those kids who thinks he's "grown up" because he "used to listen to punk" and listens to ****ty rap now. he also thinks he can rap really well, but all his **** is about how someone he doesn't like is a homosexual, how much weed he sells/smokes, and how often he gets laid. really thought provoking lyrics if you know what i mean.

SKAtastic7770
08-24-2009, 12:27 AM
oh believe me, i've told him before. you seem to know what he listens to pretty well too, lol. ugh, hes one of those kids who thinks he's "grown up" because he "used to listen to punk" and listens to ****ty rap now. he also thinks he can rap really well, but all his **** is about how someone he doesn't like is a homosexual, how much weed he sells/smokes, and how often he gets laid. really thought provoking lyrics if you know what i mean.
If only he could write good lyrics about tarantulas and pizza on fridays and chewbacca chewbacca lake titicacca.

Mr Pringle
08-24-2009, 03:20 AM
I never thought i would be able to see the aquabats live and now the opportunity has risen, they're playing soundwave 2010 and I WILL GET THE TICKET.

soundwave 2010 lineup: http://media.photobucket.com/image/soundwave%202010/SWADMIN2009/SW10-ANNOUNCEMENT-090813.jpg

SKAtastic7770
08-24-2009, 12:30 PM
I never thought i would be able to see the aquabats live and now the opportunity has risen, they're playing soundwave 2010 and I WILL GET THE TICKET.

soundwave 2010 lineup: http://media.photobucket.com/image/soundwave%202010/SWADMIN2009/SW10-ANNOUNCEMENT-090813.jpg
Interesting variety in that line up. Sounds like a fun concert.

bucketned
08-26-2009, 01:32 PM
words cannot express how much i love this band
very musically diverse from album to album
i havent seen them since Charge came out though
how is Bones on the gitfiddle?

Bottle of Dirt
08-26-2009, 03:57 PM
My favorite song is either Pizza Day(I really do miss having a pizza day) or I Fell asleep on my arm...or Tiny Pants. I really can't pick just one, they have a lot of songs I really like.

jakesmellspoo
08-26-2009, 07:26 PM
superradsuperradsuperrad!
applesauceapplesauceapplesauce!

sargasm
08-26-2009, 07:54 PM
Saw them once. It was entertaining, but I wouldn't go out of my way to see them again. Their music is pretty bad and there are better bands who put on quirky entertaining live shows. (The Phenomenauts, for instance.)

SKAtastic7770
08-26-2009, 10:32 PM
Saw them once. It was entertaining, but I wouldn't go out of my way to see them again. Their music is pretty bad and there are better bands who put on quirky entertaining live shows. (The Phenomenauts, for instance.)
Their music really isnt bad though. Its actually really good.

jakesmellspoo
08-27-2009, 09:09 PM
the best quirky live show i saw was this Beegees metal cover band. really funny, and weird.

pwninator123
08-28-2009, 08:35 PM
Because we're lovers!.....Of loving love!

The Aquabats! are one of the greatest bands ever!

Slappydappy
08-29-2009, 04:48 PM
Lovers of Loving Love and The Ballad of Mr. Bonkers are epic.

ratmblink123
09-10-2009, 06:22 PM
I loooove the aquabats. Musically they are very underater. My favorite (former) member is Chainsaw but I have never had the opportunity to see them live. Return of the aquabats really is a great ska album.
Chainsaw was actually on guitar at the show I saw because Eagle Bones Falcon Hawk was getting married.

DempseyPunk
09-10-2009, 11:39 PM
I've seen this band more times than I can count. They're home town heroes for our town. I talked to the drummer Ricky Fitness at my old work when he came in to get cheese fries. Cool guy.
I only have 1 friend who likes them, its a shame...but we see them as many times as possible. The only bands ive seen more are locals and the adicts.

BR0KENHEARTED
09-12-2009, 03:57 PM
I wonder when the next Aquabats show is around here. Lets go Dempsey

DempseyPunk
09-12-2009, 04:31 PM
I wonder when the next Aquabats show is around here. Lets go Dempsey
:) That would be super-rad

BR0KENHEARTED
09-12-2009, 04:43 PM
Show you how the $treet rolls.

BK202
10-13-2009, 10:38 PM
I want them to come back to Chicago. That would make my year. They've all I've been listening to for like the past week, I've been on a ska kick. Well they're awesome, so they deserve this bump.

EDIT: I have my ringtone to be Super-Rad and it went off in class, but the teacher laughed so hard when he heard the song title that he didn't do anything.