Blues Duels III - Jazzman91 v urik

PDA

View Full Version : Blues Duels III - Jazzman91 v urik

strawforest007
08-23-2009, 08:23 AM
Duel adjusted since Necrosis and Rechord didn't enter a track in time.

Listen to each track and vote on the poll!

Jazzman91 - http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Jazzman91/music/play679967

urik - http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/urik/music/all/play686468

One week to vote. Winner goes through to Round 2. Runner-up goes to the second-chance play-off.

11 other duels to vote on in this round...

Best of luck!

JilaX^
08-23-2009, 08:32 AM
Well. I must admit I'm missing the blues quite a bit in this one. Seems like the duels have strayed a tad too far from their original concept...

None the less, Uriks piece was very impressive! So, my vote has to go to him.

nico42
08-23-2009, 09:23 AM
I agree, not that heavy blues influence here, but very nice tone and playing by urik, so my vote goes to him, too, although I'm jealous of everyone who can sing..

j_hunter_hkr
08-23-2009, 09:42 AM
I've gone with Urik based purely on his actual guitar playing.

Jazzman91
08-23-2009, 11:05 AM
Yeh, urik has actually a more guitar-based song. I think next time I'll have to change that, so you can hear more of my guitar playing.

It's really nice and unfortunately both of us don't have played strictly blues, mine more soul, yours more latin.

Btw, where did you get the background track?

urik
Crap guys I'm sorry :( . I asked in the Duels thread if it was alright to use that song (I thought that the guitar playing could make it bluesier) and that I'd use some older song if this wasn't bluesy enough.
Well, at least Jazzman wasn't very bluesy either :haha. Our tracks are very different and I don't really think that they ca be compared, but I voted Jazzman's for the effort. Very nice one! You sing quite good.

^
I got it at www.guitarbackingtrack.com . Another site which isn't as good but sometimes has more, is www.guitarbt.com .

matt92l
I gave mine to Jazzman91 because it's an overall blues duel, not purely based on lead guitar playing I think and I liked the singing. Both are only a tad blue, maybe baby blue :p:

Jimmy94
08-23-2009, 02:36 PM
Well. I must admit I'm missing the blues quite a bit in this one. Seems like the duels have strayed a tad too far from their original concept...

None the less, Uriks piece was very impressive! So, my vote has to go to him.

I've got to disagree with you, variety is the spice of life and the duels would be boring if all we got to listen to was 12 bar blues solo after 12 bar blues solo. I welcome variety and take it into consideration with my choices.

Jazzman your song was interesting and well constructed. I don't care for your vocals very much, they've got kind of a strange warble to them.

Urik, I think your track is perfect for the blues duels! Blues with a killer latin santana tinge, I ****ing love it! Amazing job, this is one of the best tracks I've heard on UG in ages. You win this round hands down.

carmour
08-23-2009, 09:18 PM
I've got to disagree with you, variety is the spice of life and the duels would be boring if all we got to listen to was 12 bar blues solo after 12 bar blues solo. I welcome variety and take it into consideration with my choices.

Jazzman your song was interesting and well constructed. I don't care for your vocals very much, they've got kind of a strange warble to them.

Urik, I think your track is perfect for the blues duels! Blues with a killer latin santana tinge, I ****ing love it! Amazing job, this is one of the best tracks I've heard on UG in ages. You win this round hands down.

:rolleyes: Because 12 bar blues is the only type of blues right?

Jazzman's song is a soul song, and i've heard it played as a blues song, just the guitar playing wasn't very bluesy. It would've been awesome with a tasteful guitar solo in there.. and yeah, strange warble i agree lol

Urik's - Latin inspired blues rock ^_^ I'll give you this because you are obviously the better guitar player, really liked the part once the piano came in man, top stuff. Your playing really fit this style, would like to see you do a more traditional blues at some point but this was really cool :]

Hendrix_fan_14
08-23-2009, 11:50 PM
I voted for Jazzman91, really good phrasing on the guitar and I also enjoyed the overdub of the vocals at one stage.

Urik is a great guitar player but I felt the other one better.

Jimmy94
08-24-2009, 02:47 AM
:rolleyes: Because 12 bar blues is the only type of blues right?

Did you miss the part where I talked about variety? I realize there is more to the genre than 12 bar blues but thanks for the pro tip.

salmon philippe
08-24-2009, 02:51 AM
I voted jazzman because his song has a better blues spirit (no sound track behind, hesitations) though it is obvious that Urik is going to win this one because his santana like playin is amazing.
hard to choose between a perfect technical demonstration and an authentic feeling !

rocknroll93
08-24-2009, 05:55 AM
I vote for Urik..

sounds awsome, Santana is a god.

RubberSoul54321
08-24-2009, 06:59 PM
Um - Urik. The man can play, even if it's a bit Latin for me.

carmour
08-25-2009, 02:11 AM
Did you miss the part where I talked about variety? I realize there is more to the genre than 12 bar blues but thanks for the pro tip.

Good. We're on the same page now. It would not be boring if everyone did straight blues tracks, because there is a tonne of variety within the blues :]

ze monsta
08-25-2009, 08:11 AM
Jimmy is winning this thread :haha

I voted for Urik.

aig91
08-25-2009, 03:15 PM
I loved Urik's cover. That was incredible.