Blues Duels III - Hendrixfan14 v whitenihilist

PDA

View Full Version : Blues Duels III - Hendrixfan14 v whitenihilist

strawforest007
08-23-2009, 08:24 AM
Listen to each track and vote on the poll!

Hendrixfan14 - http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Hendrix_fan_14/music/play685893

whitenihilist - http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/whitenihilist/music/play677889

One week to vote. Winner goes through to Round 2. Runner-up goes to the second-chance play-off.

11 other duels to vote on in this round...

Best of luck!

urik
08-23-2009, 11:57 AM
Very nice one. Went for Whitenihilist.

Bhuggy
08-23-2009, 12:15 PM
Went for whitenihilist but damn your both amazing.

Jimmy94
08-23-2009, 02:29 PM
Hendrix, I'm loving your entry so far, especially the breaks when both guitars go for a solo at the same time, that turned out very cool. The song has a great mood and you made good chord voicing choices. Fantastic soloing and phrasing throughout and your playing follows the chord progression very well. Great job!

Whitenihilist, you've got a great clean tone which isn't always easy to do. Your playing is good, but I think you're just a step away from reaching the point where you don't have to think about your soloing and it becomes more effortless and heartfelt. I just reached the distorted guitar solo and you're at the point here... it's strange how your playing reaches this level with distortion but not without it. I suggest you do your next track like that the whole way through for your next round.

I'm going with hendrix on this one, great job both of you.

carmour
08-23-2009, 09:29 PM
hendrix's was very.. hendrix inspired hahah, was nice though man, the breaks with the two guitars playing lead parts could've been done a bit better, but overall was nice.

whitenihilist - seemed like two players lol

Hendrix_fan_14
08-23-2009, 11:33 PM
Yeah I didn't edit the track at all wanting it to be more genuine I guess, more feel to it.

Thanks for all the comments, Whitenihilist is a great guitar player.

carmour
08-24-2009, 12:16 AM
listening to it again, the wahwah bit was kind of wierd, you kind of let go of your phrasing and seemed to lose your focus a bit lol

Hendrix_fan_14
08-24-2009, 12:26 AM
listening to it again, the wahwah bit was kind of wierd, you kind of let go of your phrasing and seemed to lose your focus a bit lol

I'd agree with you there on the final moments of the solo that I did lose a lot of focus.

RubberSoul54321
08-24-2009, 07:12 PM
Hendrixfan - that's really sweet but the end's a bit too Rory Gallagher for me. That said, it was my favourite of the 2 tracks for some reason. really liked whitenihilist's as well, just didn't grab me the same.

strawforest007
08-24-2009, 07:27 PM
Hendrixfan - that's really sweet but the end's a bit too Rory Gallagher for me. That said, it was my favourite of the 2 tracks for some reason. really liked whitenihilist's as well, just didn't grab me the same.

Could you explain the Rory Gallagher comment (I don't get it)? Rory never used a wah either live or in the studio - he hated them. It's worth me mentioning that I get a bit sensitive when Rory is mentioned!

aig91
08-24-2009, 10:18 PM
Very nice one. Went for Whitenihilist.
Same here. Very well put together.

Hendrix_fan_14
08-25-2009, 12:45 AM

I don't even know/listen to Rory Gallagher.

salmon philippe
08-25-2009, 04:46 AM
Hendrix fan - Your song is nice and I like the wah wah part though the intro is a bit clumsy
Whitennihilist - very welldone too
difficult choice again, I'll go with Whiten

whitenihilist
08-25-2009, 06:22 AM
Thanks for all the compliments so far guys, I am getting a little embarrassed.

Hendrix fan, I ,must say I was impressed by your track, very intense at times. The part where to 2 guitars come in at the same time is pulled off great. I was quite taken by it.

See you guys next track. ;)

RubberSoul54321
08-25-2009, 01:17 PM
Could you explain the Rory Gallagher comment (I don't get it)? Rory never used a wah either live or in the studio - he hated them. It's worth me mentioning that I get a bit sensitive when Rory is mentioned!

Take away the wah and I think it's very Rory - that's not necessarily a bad thing, he's just not my favourite blues player. I will happily withdraw the comment but whitenihilist still gets my vote. :D

strawforest007
08-25-2009, 01:40 PM
No need to wthdraw the comment RS, I just wasn't quite sure what you meant!

Anyway, good tracks guys!

zhilla
08-26-2009, 02:36 PM
Both tracks are great, but hendrix fan made me feel it more, so I'm voting for him.