Blues Duels III - rocknroll93 v TimBFMV

PDA

View Full Version : Blues Duels III - rocknroll93 v TimBFMV

strawforest007
08-23-2009, 08:25 AM
Listen to each track and vote on the poll!

rocknroll93 - http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/rocknroll93/music/all/play679794

TimBFMV - http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/TimBFMV/music/play681934

One week to vote. Winner goes through to Round 2. Runner-up goes to the second-chance play-off.

11 other duels to vote on in this round...

Best of luck!

matt92l
08-23-2009, 11:02 AM
I voted for Tim because i felt rocknroll93 had a bit too much delay on the lead guitar which I think too away from it in the end. Some good licks in both though!

Jimmy94
08-23-2009, 02:44 PM
rocknroll, there's too much delay and reverb on your track, it's muddling up your playing too much which is a shame because it's a good solo. I like the pinch harmonics you threw in there.

Tim, your tone is very good and your licks are a bit outside of what normally gets played which I like. It sounds like sometimes you lose track of where you are in the progression, but I'm just guessing on that. I like how you switch up your tone and approach at points. Great job, you get my vote.

rocknroll93
08-23-2009, 06:22 PM
yes, i know, i used too much delay and i dindn't bother doing it again.... ah well... there is allways next time.

carmour
08-23-2009, 08:33 PM
rocknroll - As everyone else has said, too much reverb/delay but not bad for a first try man
timbfmv - For a track calling swinging in the city, you didn't do much swinging haha. Probably would've lent itself to some jazzier blues, less distortion, and less 'waily' approach. The thing with playing over a 4 minute track is that you have to vary your phrasing and dynamics A LOT so people don't get bored with the playing. The slide seemed like it was put in as a novelty, and the other parts were kind of rock guitar with a woman tone.

Lesson to be learnt: make sure your tone and style fits the track ;), or pick a track that fits your style/tone

Gonna go with TimBFMV though

Hendrix_fan_14
08-24-2009, 12:16 AM
I liked Tim's variation in the soloing, bends were pretty good. I'm not the biggest fan of woman tone. I'm not sure about the slides, I don't really think it fits. Good change of tone and phrasing I noticed some minor notes which are refreshing.

Rockinroll's tone was far too muddy and effect-ridden. I can't really hear the phrasing at all, not a bad first attempt.

I voted for Tim.

rocknroll93
08-24-2009, 03:56 AM
i know, i suck :sad:

although I still get another chance :)

JilaX^
08-24-2009, 04:17 AM
i know, i suck :sad:

although I still get another chance :)

Nah, man.
You're still young, you've got a lot of time to go. And you're doing well for your age.
You'll learn in no time, don't worry :peace:

Tim, I like your tone, not quite suited to the track, but it sounds good none the less.

RubberSoul54321
08-24-2009, 07:03 PM
I voted for Tim because I had problems following rocknroll's track some times with all the delay.

rocknroll93
08-25-2009, 02:18 AM
I promise mine will be better in the next one, maybe even some improvised singing...

TimBFMV
08-26-2009, 05:11 PM
I promise mine will be better in the next one, maybe even some improvised singing...
Dude don't feel bad, last time I entered the blues duels (II i think) i sucked, so dude don't feel bad

zhilla
08-26-2009, 05:44 PM
I promise mine will be better in the next one, maybe even some improvised singing...Don't beat yourself up - I don't think anyone really criticised your playing, just the fact the effects drowned it out ;)

rocknroll93
08-26-2009, 06:22 PM
i don't feel bad. but thanks anyway, even if there was way too much effect, I had fun.

Jimmy94
08-26-2009, 07:36 PM
well that's what is important :)