Your slide

PDA

View Full Version : Your slide

Highbinder
08-23-2009, 09:13 AM
Hey guys,

Just interested in finding out what everyone is using to play slide with, and if anyone is using anything a bit.. random.

Here are mine:

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e25/HBinder/slides.jpg

On the left a plain brass slide, on the right a half size (covers 4 strings nicely) ironwood (lignum vitae) slide, the material you can see is just a bit of leather lace looped inside to help keep it stable on my pinky as you can see its a fair whack bigger in diameter than the other slide.

:)

szekelymihai
08-23-2009, 09:20 AM
interesting, the one on the right i thought it was plain wood and i was wondering, how the hell can that make any sound:D
id like to have one :p:

poipoi
08-23-2009, 09:26 AM
Just a plain Dunlop Brass slide (i think the 220)

Highbinder
08-23-2009, 09:28 AM
interesting, the one on the right i thought it was plain wood and i was wondering, how the hell can that make any sound:D
id like to have one :p:

Well I got it on etsy; http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=27890282

Its quite a mellow tone, the wood is actually very hard so it works well as a slide, theres not even any wear on it.

Iceman 420
08-23-2009, 07:07 PM
I use the Eric Sardinas Preachin' Pipe. It's this brass slide that tapers a bit, quite comfy and nice sounding.

barefootboy
08-25-2009, 08:31 PM
A home made one from a wine bottle. I like the sound of thick glass slides. I am going to try one made of copper pipe and may change my mind.

dr_john
08-26-2009, 08:19 AM
i lost my steel one a few weeks ago, can't find it anywhere. must have put it down somewhere. if i buy a new one i am bound to find the old one the very next day.

still, if i buy a brass one at least it will be different to the old one. what difference do brass ones make over steel, or glass for that matter?

Carswell98
08-26-2009, 11:43 AM
I have a steel, a thick brass, a glass, and a dunlop mudslide ceramic, I use the steel the most because I play more acoustic slide than electric

Blind In 1 Ear
08-26-2009, 01:14 PM
i have two regular glass slides, a chrome slide, and i just picked up this slide yesterday by dunlop. its basically like an old medicine bottle with a kind of red/yellow burst on it. i think the next time i go to the store i might pick up a mudslide and/or a thicker glass slide.

dr_john
08-28-2009, 05:58 AM
i lost my steel one a few weeks ago, can't find it anywhere. must have put it down somewhere. if i buy a new one i am bound to find the old one the very next day.

still, if i buy a brass one at least it will be different to the old one. what difference do brass ones make over steel, or glass for that matter?

ok, found it in a drawer in my room.

a small label inside says 'Jim Dunlop USA 220'

due 07
08-28-2009, 05:26 PM
I have a silver brass Dunlop. I (attempt) to play with slide with it on my ring finger, not my pinky :(.

Mr.Cuddles
08-30-2009, 07:47 PM
a small glass dunlop on my pinky and a massive mudslide should i feel like using my ring finger, i also have some other glass slides and a feww bbrass ones, a jetslide and plan on aquiring a cordicin bottle type slide as well as a brass slide with a flared end.