zhilla - http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/zhilla/music/all/play699441

nico42 - http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/nico42/music/play700037

Happy voting!

nico42
09-13-2009, 11:43 AM
Nice track zhilla, good luck to you!

Jimmy94
09-13-2009, 07:04 PM
Zhilla, did you write this? I love the progression and mood... kind of a funky voodoo blues that I can't get enough of! And I just heard a spanish sounding lick you put in there, I am very impressed by this track. Your songwriting is outstanding.

Nico, your use of double stops appeals to me a lot, it's something I love to put in my own playing. your playing is excellent and the bassline is very cool, did you record that also?

This is very difficult for me... I loved the song zhilla put together but nico's playing is better overall... I'm going for zhilla, I love the song so much that I listened to it 3 times. Great job both of you.

nico42
09-13-2009, 07:22 PM
Nico, your use of double stops appeals to me a lot, it's something I love to put in my own playing. your playing is excellent and the bassline is very cool, did you record that also?

Thanks for the kind words! Yes I play&write everything myself on my tracks and program the drums with addictive drums.

And even though you chose zhilla I think it's very good that you voted for the song you like more and not for the better playing - I've been playing for about seven years and zhilla for one, so it's only fair!

urik
09-13-2009, 11:37 PM
Both awesome. It's great seeing all those new (awesome) faces on the blues duels! Awesome fresh blood :D .
Had to go with nico42. That's some good funky stuff there mate!

zhilla
09-14-2009, 03:22 AM
Sweet track Nico! Awesome bass line :D Best of luck to you too :)

Zhilla, did you write this? I love the progression and mood... kind of a funky voodoo blues that I can't get enough of! And I just heard a spanish sounding lick you put in there, I am very impressed by this track. Your songwriting is outstanding.Wow, thankyou! :cheers: Yes I wrote it :) I'm posting the lyrics - such as they are lol. Don't expect too much - they were also written during corrie lol, but they helped to try and write something that made more sense than my first round entry :D

salmon philippe
09-14-2009, 03:41 AM
for this vote , I have to try forgetting that you are both my friends ...
I agree with what Jimmy said, but I prefer Nico's tune

RubberSoul54321
09-14-2009, 03:21 PM
I think Nico edged it although Zhilla's song is really cool.

whitenihilist
09-14-2009, 07:40 PM
I like nico's phrasing a little bit more, but not bad at all zhilla. Going with Nico42 here.