La Dispute

PDA

View Full Version : La Dispute

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

punkforlife93
10-03-2009, 06:31 PM
Just saw these guys at a show with The Fall of Troy, they remind me a bit of mewithoutYou, maybe of At the Drive-In. And of Saetia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NiXY2VO3ng

Their singer is so emotional live. Great dude too.

sbinlb
10-03-2009, 06:46 PM
i like it

BGSM
10-04-2009, 01:00 AM
sounds good. will keep an eye out for these guys

edit: this stuff is ****ing great

BK202
10-04-2009, 01:39 AM
This sounds amazing! I like it alot.

punkforlife93
10-04-2009, 03:03 PM
I downloaded their earlier stuff, it's really weird indie type stuff. Spoken word vocals and clean guitar parts, you know. I'm actually getting into it, haha.

aggiefan33
10-04-2009, 03:24 PM
this band's playing 15 minutes away with Rise and Fall, Bitter End, and Mammoth Grinder for 6 bucks. hell yes.

AlexiÅkerfeldt
10-10-2009, 05:27 AM
I've actually known about these guys for some time and I do cite them as an inspiration. Definatley the whole emotional spoken word thing with an instrumental background.

ccase
10-18-2009, 04:06 AM
Ive listened to these guys for a while and when I heard they were coming to Tulsa I jumped at the chance to go see them live. Best show I have ever seen. The singer was phenomenal and the whole group was together, didn't notice a single slip up. Overall it was very energetic and a great live performance. Not to mention some of the nicest people you will meet.

BGSM
10-18-2009, 04:35 AM
im really loving these guys atm. spoken word works really well

sergio_valente
10-18-2009, 10:55 PM
they are pretty awesome. i saw them in a small bar outside of toronto with native and about 20 people in the room and they ripped it hard. i love the vocals, they remind me so much of saetia/hot cross.

aggiefan33
10-18-2009, 11:00 PM
i really don't get the hate i've seen in the other threads. i missed half of their set but what i saw was ****ing rad.

BGSM
10-19-2009, 12:47 AM
i think the hate is probably because a lot of people misunderstand their lyrics and pass them off as whiny teenage love / hate / relationship songs.

Rebus
10-19-2009, 03:47 AM
Saw em live in a 7m x 7m room with about 100 people. amazing gig

punkforlife93
10-19-2009, 07:51 PM
I think I saw you in my sleep, darling
I think I saw you in my sleep, you were stitching up the seams
Of every broken promise that your body couldn't keep
I think I saw you in my sleep

About relationships? Yes. Whiny? Hell no.

And most of their songs aren't about this sort of thing, to be honest.

DaddyTwoFoot
10-20-2009, 12:39 AM
I saw them quite a long time ago and was basically an instant fan. I bought their album Vancouver straight from the guitarist. I'm from Michigan (as are they) and saw them in a small venue in a small town.

The singer was one of the most arresting and electrifying performers I have ever seen in my life. Seriously, probably top 5 of any musician. He walked through the audience as he sang. I think he noticed that I was getting into them more than anyone else, because he came over to me, stuck his microphone in my pocket and finished a song by getting on his knees and singing into my hip.

BGSM
10-20-2009, 02:02 AM
I think I saw you in my sleep, darling
I think I saw you in my sleep, you were stitching up the seams
Of every broken promise that your body couldn't keep
I think I saw you in my sleep

About relationships? Yes. Whiny? Hell no.

And most of their songs aren't about this sort of thing, to be honest.

+1000.. what I was saying is that lots of people misunderstand them. They listen to one song, hear the vocals and go away. maybe this is just because i notice how many shithouse ignorant people there are where i live

slorggetti
10-20-2009, 09:14 PM
This band is the definition of ****ing amazing.

CODE
10-25-2009, 10:45 PM
Wow, I just discovered how sick this band is.

Zycho
10-26-2009, 12:00 AM
Grand Rapids represent!

CODE
10-26-2009, 05:53 PM
^Lucky bastard.

Anyone know if there are any other pro shot videos like the Such Small Hands one on Youtube?

punkforlife93
11-06-2009, 03:03 PM
^ I haven't found any yet.

I just saw them again. I love their singer, he's such a nice guy.

The Charm
02-12-2010, 09:09 PM
Necrobump for an awesome band.

phoenix_crush
02-13-2010, 12:34 AM
Necrobump for an awesome band.
Agreed, i need to pick up Vancouver. Somewhere at The Bottom of The River... is amazing

punkforlife93
02-16-2010, 01:42 AM
They just released Hear, Hear III - well, not just, but I doubt many of you have checked it out yet. It's got a much more indie feel to it.

And Vancouver is a very different style. Not as good as SATBOTRBVAA (damn that's long) but still very good. Much more post-hardcore esque.

phoenix_crush
02-16-2010, 01:50 AM
Vancouver is really different. It sound's like it has metal influences at some points. To me it seems as though you can hear their signature sound starting to appear and it really fleshes out in Somewhere at the Bottom of the River....

phoenix_crush
02-16-2010, 07:42 PM
new tour dates announced!!!

r-bizzle182
02-16-2010, 11:12 PM
They just released Hear, Hear III - well, not just, but I doubt many of you have checked it out yet. It's got a much more indie feel to it.

The song on my UG profile was Here, Hear inspired. The excerpt that I read is from a Kurt Vonnegut short story.
Thoughts, folks?

phoenix_crush
02-16-2010, 11:18 PM
The song on my UG profile was Here, Hear inspired. The excerpt that I read is from a Kurt Vonnegut short story.
Thoughts, folks?
dude...that was awesome. you acutaly sounded like jordan. Guitar playing suited it perfectly. Nice work bro

r-bizzle182
02-16-2010, 11:26 PM
dude...that was awesome. you acutaly sounded like jordan. Guitar playing suited it perfectly. Nice work bro

The ultimate compliment <3
Thank you very much!

And I'm stoked about their upcoming tour, I saw the post on their blog earlier today, very exciting. I also wanna hear new material so badly.

phoenix_crush
02-16-2010, 11:30 PM
The ultimate compliment <3
Thank you very much!

And I'm stoked about their upcoming tour, I saw the post on their blog earlier today, very exciting. I also wanna hear new material so badly.
no problem man. and I saw that post too. I'm gonna try and them see them in NYC. i really want new music though. They said they're recording a a new split with touche amore so that'll be exciting. and Andrew from Thursday is recording them apparently. I love Thursday haha

Graves At Sea
02-16-2010, 11:31 PM
Dudes, like, I discovered these guys by complete accident, but I instantly fell in love! I've been listening to SATBOTRBVAA about 3 times already, straight through.

I haven't heard shit this good in a while.

r-bizzle182
02-16-2010, 11:41 PM
no problem man. and I saw that post too. I'm gonna try and them see them in NYC. i really want new music though. They said they're recording a a new split with touche amore so that'll be exciting. and Andrew from Thursday is recording them apparently. I love Thursday haha

They're not coming close to where I live but I think I might make the stretch to see them somewhere. And I lovee Touche Amore, so a split would be beautiful. Thursday is pretty good so that should be cool, too.

Dudes, like, I discovered these guys by complete accident, but I instantly fell in love! I've been listening to SATBOTRBVAA about 3 times already, straight through.

Welcome to the family.

Graves At Sea
02-16-2010, 11:44 PM
Welcome to the family.

hehe, squee :D

Are there any other bands that sound remotely similar? I must know.

phoenix_crush
02-16-2010, 11:45 PM
hehe, squee :D

Are there any other bands that sound remotely similar? I must know.
Well, I've heard one song from the band Victor! Fix the Sun and I thought they sounded kinda similar. the song is Karma Suits Ya if you wanna check it out

Graves At Sea
02-16-2010, 11:56 PM
Thanks bro, I'll check that out. I'm kinda new to Post-hardcore, so I know no bands whatsoever besides La Dispute haha.

phoenix_crush
02-17-2010, 12:00 AM
Thanks bro, I'll check that out. I'm kinda new to Post-hardcore, so I know no bands whatsoever besides La Dispute haha.
I love post-hardcore, heres some bands you should check out

Thursday
Poison the Well
Glassjaw
Finch
Thrice
touche amore
senses fail
fall of troy (not sure if they're really post hardcore but they're awesome)

r-bizzle182
02-17-2010, 12:05 AM
Thrice
touche amore
senses fail

Mmm. Good calls with these. The others are good too, just not a huge fan of them.

Graves At Sea
02-17-2010, 12:06 AM

Thursday
Poison the Well
Glassjaw
Finch
Thrice
touche amore
senses fail
:cheers:
I'll see what i can do.

lookpizza
02-17-2010, 04:26 AM
Honestly the band I find them most similar to is is mewithoutyou like when I first heard La Dispute I thought it was them.

phoenix_crush
02-17-2010, 12:45 PM
Honestly the band I find them most similar to is is mewithoutyou like when I first heard La Dispute I thought it was them.
yeah I've heard they sound similar, but I never got around to listening to mewithoutyou. Any suggestions for songs to check out?

lookpizza
02-17-2010, 03:39 PM
hmmm Bullet to Binary, Silencer, I Never Said I Was Brave, Tie Me Up! Untie Me!, Wolf Am I.
Actually pretty much all of A to B Life and then if you like that check out the rest of their stuff.

phoenix_crush
02-17-2010, 03:41 PM
hmmm Bullet to Binary, Silencer, I Never Said I Was Brave, Tie Me Up! Untie Me!, Wolf Am I.
Actually pretty much all of A to B Life and then if you like that check out the rest of their stuff.
alright, thanks man

r-bizzle182
02-17-2010, 06:40 PM

Hmm I listened to some of what you recommended, and while I find it closer in sound than most other bands people mention, I still don't think they sound much like La Dispute.

EDIT: Just kidding. I'm definitely hearing it now on tracks such as "Silencer."

phoenix_crush
02-17-2010, 07:00 PM
Hmm I listened to some of what you recommended, and while I find it closer in sound than most other bands people mention, I still don't think they sound much like La Dispute.

EDIT: Just kidding. I'm definitely hearing it now on tracks such as "Silencer."
Yeah Silencer sounds alot like them

IlikeTheSKA
02-17-2010, 07:16 PM
I would have been so into this band had they been around 3 years ago (were they?).

I really like Such Small Hands. Some other songs give me a kind of Moss Icon-ish vibe.

r-bizzle182
02-17-2010, 08:42 PM
I would have been so into this band had they been around 3 years ago (were they?).

I really like Such Small Hands. Some other songs give me a kind of Moss Icon-ish vibe.

They were, I believe.

And I love Such Small Hands. First song I heard by them.

slorggetti
02-17-2010, 08:45 PM
Such Small Hands is such an incredible intro to the album. Somewhere At The Bottom Of The River Between Vega and Altair is perfect <<<<<33333333

phoenix_crush
02-17-2010, 08:48 PM
Such Small Hands is such an incredible intro to the album. Somewhere At The Bottom Of The River Between Vega and Altair is perfect <<<<<33333333
+1

r-bizzle182
02-20-2010, 08:03 PM
http://andtothegloriouspast.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/tourposterweb.jpg?w=400&h=618

The Charm
02-22-2010, 12:44 AM
Stoked for the tour! They be comin to Greensboro and I'm gona make sure I'm there.

Anyone know when they might be releasing their next full length?

recklessnick
02-22-2010, 02:29 AM
i think i saw you in my sleep, darling!

scaryfried
02-22-2010, 03:13 AM
i think i saw you in my dreams you were stitching up the seams on every broken promise that your body couldn't keep

BREAK

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2133/2328668569_b5e9050dee.jpg?v=0
OHHHH

The Charm
02-22-2010, 03:10 PM
I thought I heard the door open, oh no I thought I heard it open but I only heard it close!

catalyst329
02-22-2010, 04:32 PM
Touring with alexisonfire, over a million plays on myspace, its nice to see these guys getting some well deserved attention.

02-22-2010, 07:10 PM
touring with le pre ou je suis mort in europe. cool. touring with Alexisonfire and Trash Talk in US?
wat?

punkforlife93
02-22-2010, 08:59 PM
I thought I heard a plane crashing, but now I think it was your passion snapping.

Gonna see these guys if they ever come to Colorado again, the first time was awesome.

Garden_Of_Light
02-24-2010, 10:32 PM
jesus christ that uk tour is going to be silly!
both bands are immense.

Graves At Sea
02-24-2010, 10:34 PM
They don't have any dates for Kansas City :(

The Charm
02-26-2010, 01:37 PM
Favorite pieces of La Dispute lyrics?

For me it's:

“Rise!” Said the King to the River, “Never let up! No, bring us a flood and bring it hard!”
“Freeze!” Said the Wind to the Water, “Never give in! No, build us a bridge! And build it strong and angry. Let it stills the King’s decree. Oh, you must contemplate the current, Boy, and command that coward cease.

And

"Now at the end of everyday I lie awake at night and wait
To feel the wires of my brain get cut and quietly rearranged"

punkforlife93
02-26-2010, 05:24 PM
But I still see him dead in the parking lot
At the gas station just down the street
And I still hear my friend say
You know, you wouldn't believe the things I saw when I was stationed overseas
But he somehow keeps smiling in spite of all of that
While I keep finding ways to push the good out for the bad
Oh, how selfish of myself
To always say that it was more than I could take
Like it was pain I couldn't shake
Like it could break me with its fingers
Throw my body in the lake and I would slowly sink away
But the truth is it was sorrow that I made and wouldn't face
See, I keep falling for the future after tripping on the past
And I am always tearing sutures out to make the anguish last
Like it defines me or reminds me
I've found comfort in my suffering
And uncertainty in happiness and death
Because what's next is such a mystery to me
And I am terrified of all the things I feel but cannot see
Friends and family
Put your hand into my hand and lay your head into my chest
You are all that I have left here
We are all that we have left

From The Last Lost Continent. Bitchin.

slorggetti
02-26-2010, 09:13 PM
Does anyone know the full names of any of the members of La Dispute? I was going to use their lyrics for a school poetry assignment and attribute it to Brad but I just can't find out his name...

CODE
02-26-2010, 09:40 PM
^I think if you download the Here, Hear albums from their bandcamp, it comes with liner notes that use full names. Does it really not say on any of their websites?

Which lyrics are you using?

dethklokrulz!
02-28-2010, 04:56 PM
i LOVE vancouver.
i picked it up around november, and it's been in my constant playing rotation.

r-bizzle182
03-01-2010, 03:46 PM
Does anyone know the full names of any of the members of La Dispute? I was going to use their lyrics for a school poetry assignment and attribute it to Brad but I just can't find out his name...

Lyricist is Jordan Dreyer.

Also, La Dispute in AP.

http://andtothegloriouspast.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/ladispute_altpress_100bands_march20102.jpg?w=500&h=646

lookpizza
03-01-2010, 04:21 PM
Hah I like the "sounds like" MLiW hah.

WeSparkAndFade
03-01-2010, 07:09 PM
WOW i cant believe there's a thread for these guys!! I discovered them earlier this year, I don't even remember how. I first head such small hands and wasn't sure if I loved it or hated it. It took a while but I definitely grew to love them. Said the king to the River and Last blues for bloody knuckles and sad prayers for guilty bodies are my favourites. The vocals... are just so intense and he always has so much emotion when he sings. In such small hands it sounds like he's almsot about to break into tears, it's just amazing.

FatKidsOnMopeds</3
03-01-2010, 07:21 PM
Hah I like the "sounds like" MLiW hah.

the reviewer is obviously retarded

r-bizzle182
03-01-2010, 07:50 PM
the reviewer is obviously retarded

sarah palin doesn't want you to use that word anymore!

..but i agree, what a terrible comparison..

FatKidsOnMopeds</3
03-01-2010, 08:17 PM
also i don't know if it's talked about in the thread but adam vass is an absolutely amazing artist. if anyones band needs artwork he'll usually be happy to do it for you if your band doesn't sound and is screamo/midwest emo/hardcore.

punkforlife93
03-01-2010, 08:31 PM
It's definitely an awful comparison, but I love that they're getting some well deserved recognition. And thanks to above, I might message him because I'm in a rather original post hardcore/ambient rock band right now similar to Circa Survive and we desperately need some sort of cool artwork.

r-bizzle182
03-02-2010, 07:12 AM
also i don't know if it's talked about in the thread but adam vass is an absolutely amazing artist. if anyones band needs artwork he'll usually be happy to do it for you if your band doesn't sound and is screamo/midwest emo/hardcore.

Yup, he's doing artwork for my friend's band's upcoming full-length. He does such cool stuff, real creative guy.

adamvass.wordpress.com for anyone who doesn't know.

punkforlife93
03-02-2010, 01:25 PM
^That's awesome.

Do you have any idea what his rates are?

r-bizzle182
03-02-2010, 01:50 PM
^That's awesome.

Do you have any idea what his rates are?

No clue. I just shot him an email so I'll post his reply when I get it. The members of the band are all pretty good about responding back, whether it be to emails or Myspace messages.

So stoked to see them in Worchester, MA in a few months. I still find it weird that Trash Talk is above La Dispute on set...

Oh, and "Nine" is my new favorite Here, Hear track.

EDIT:

"hey man
depending on the project, shirt designs range from 75 to 150 bucks, and album art ranges from 150-300 bucks. a lot depends on the medium used, equipment, time, complexity, etc.
i'd love to work together but want to warn you i leave for tour march 13, so it either has to be done and paid for by this date or i wont really have time to do it until july (unless its a digital project and we could work something out in that case). let me know what youre thinking about getting and we can get more specific."

slorggetti
03-02-2010, 07:28 PM
Lyricist is Jordan Dreyer.
Yeah I just found that out on Wiki... Don't know why I thought it was Brad

CODE
03-04-2010, 01:27 AM
Yeah, I've gotten similar rates from Adam, too much $ for us at the moment. He does such good work though, I want to work with him when our new album is nearing the artwork stage.

Is anybody else really into eight from here, hear? The poem blows me away every time I hear it.

lookpizza
03-04-2010, 03:44 PM
Seven and Eight both own.

r-bizzle182
03-05-2010, 07:49 PM
Eight is amazing. I love Eight and Nine so much.
Has anyone heard Vass's (and I think other's) side project, ENDS?

punkforlife93
03-05-2010, 11:22 PM
Eight is one of my favorite songs in the Here, Hear series. It is by someone else, you should know, but still, Dreyer turns it into a beautiful story. Nine and Eleven are both great, too, I can't wait for the full length coming soon.

CODE
03-05-2010, 11:32 PM
Yeah, I think that whole ep is interpretations of poems used as lyrics, which is fantastic.

And r-bizzle, link us to ENDS.

r-bizzle182
03-06-2010, 01:11 AM
Eight is one of my favorite songs in the Here, Hear series. It is by someone else, you should know, but still, Dreyer turns it into a beautiful story. Nine and Eleven are both great, too, I can't wait for the full length coming soon.

Yeah, I know, all the Here, Hear tracks are by other people up until Here, Hear III. Still, the way he treats each piece of writing is amazing.

And the full length and Touche Amore split both have me stoked.

From Vass's formspring:

"the songs on the upcoming touche amore split i wrote with a feeling of not wanting to continue. winter in michigan will do that to me pretty easy. discontent with where you are in your life, in the world, in someone else's mind, or what have you. this turns eventually into a life is what you make it sort of theme, which i have mixed feelings on."

Sounds dark.

And r-bizzle, link us to ENDS.

I would but I don't know if they have a site anywhere, that's why I was asking if anyone has heard them. I've seen them mentioned both on andtothegloriouspast.wordpress.com and by Vass but I haven't heard them.

The Charm
03-12-2010, 06:22 AM
New full length? When?

That Touche Amore split sounds interesting.

r-bizzle182
03-15-2010, 05:50 PM
They just posted some Spring Tour plans on their blog.
Here's what they have so far:

MARCH TOUR 2010 w/ TOUCHE AMORE

Mar 14, 2010 – St. Louis, MO (US) @ Lemp Neighborhood Arts Center w/ Native
Mar 15, 2010 – Oklahoma City, OK (US) @ Bricktown Live w/ Native & Anchors – Buy Tickets
Mar 16, 2010 – Ft. Worth, TX (US) @ 1919 Hemphill w/ Sohns & Native
Mar 18, 2010 – Austin, TX (US) @ Plush – SXSW w/ Touche Amore & Native & many more!
Mar 20, 2010 – Austin, TX (US) @ Emo’s – SXSW AP Showcase
Mar 20, 2010 – Austin, TX (US) @ Mellow Mushroom – SXSW w/ Native & BrotherGhost
Mar 21, 2010 – TBA LA
Mar 22, 2010 – Terry, MS (US) @ Springridge UMC w/ Pockets & The Vigils & Touche Amore
Mar 23, 2010 – Birmingham, AL (US) @ Magic City Wholesale w/ Touche Amore
Mar 24, 2010 – Greenville, SC (US) @ Earshot Records w/ Touche Amore & Pillarist
Mar 25, 2010 – Greensboro, NC (US) @ CFBG w/ Touche Amore
Mar 26, 2010 – College Park, MD (US) @ Miracle on 34th House w/ Pianos Become the Teeth & Touche Amore
Apr 3, 2010 – TBA BOSTON
Apr 4, 2010 – Baltimore, MD (US) @ Charm City Art Space
Apr 5, 2010 – TBA PITTSBURGH
Apr 6, 2010 – TBA OH
***Additional information for any upcoming show is available here.***

The Charm
03-19-2010, 12:39 PM
Awesome! They are gona be in NC sooner than I imagined. So gona be at CFBG wherever the hell that is.

lookpizza
03-19-2010, 03:18 PM
awww, I'd love to see them with Touche.

slorggetti
03-20-2010, 12:12 PM
I'd love to see them... KUCF SANSAK

phoenix_crush
03-23-2010, 12:21 PM
BUMP because I'm finally unbanned

phoenix_crush
03-23-2010, 06:59 PM
i have Somewhere at the Bottom, and i really like it. it's different, for me at least, and has some pretty good music aside from the vocals and lyrics
the vocals and lyrics are ammaazzinggg!!!

lookpizza
03-23-2010, 11:12 PM
Seriously the vocals and lyrics are the main draw for me. The musics still grade a though.

phoenix_crush
03-24-2010, 09:42 AM
Seriously the vocals and lyrics are the main draw for me. The musics still grade a though.
exactly

The Charm
03-24-2010, 12:44 PM
Looks like I won't be seeing them on the 25th :( Sad face much.

r-bizzle182
03-24-2010, 12:46 PM

Yup
Sorry, La Dispute, but you'd be nothing without Jordan

phoenix_crush
03-24-2010, 01:15 PM
Yup
Sorry, La Dispute, but you'd be nothing without Jordan
very true

The Charm
03-26-2010, 12:47 PM
Saw them last night. Was amazing. Small venues rock. They were playing in a place barely bigger than my bedroom with 50+ packed in. Only thing that sucked was their set list was kind of short :(

phoenix_crush
03-26-2010, 01:09 PM
Saw them last night. Was amazing. Small venues rock. They were playing in a place barely bigger than my bedroom with 50+ packed in. Only thing that sucked was their set list was kind of short :(
what songs did they play?

EDIT: V that sucks man

IcePh0enix
03-26-2010, 02:42 PM
This band is playing tonight in MD, but I'm not allowed to go because it's a house show. :(

The Charm
03-26-2010, 08:11 PM
what songs did they play?

EDIT: V that sucks man

Such Small Hands. Said the King to the River, Damaged Goods, 2 new songs off the Touche Amore split, New Storms for Older Lovers, and I think one more but I can't remember which.

Edit: It was Sad Prayers For Guilty Bodies.

I guess 7 songs isn't too short. Still wanted to see way more.

-tempest-
03-26-2010, 08:48 PM
awesome band. im glad i clicked this thread

phoenix_crush
03-27-2010, 09:38 AM
Such Small Hands. Said the King to the River, Damaged Goods, 2 new songs off the Touche Amore split, New Storms for Older Lovers, and I think one more but I can't remember which.

Thats not too bad, I would have prefered a couple different songs. But they're all good

phoenix_crush
03-29-2010, 10:23 AM
*cough*bump*cough*

The Charm
03-29-2010, 12:23 PM
*cough*bump*cough*

*High five*

A band like this deserves to only be on the top page.

lookpizza
03-29-2010, 02:58 PM
Anyone heard anything off of the new split?

phoenix_crush
03-29-2010, 05:43 PM
Anyone heard anything off of the new split?
i wish....

r-bizzle182
03-29-2010, 07:42 PM

How did the new songs stack up to older work?

The Charm
03-29-2010, 07:53 PM
How did the new songs stack up to older work?

Very well, but I'm reserving final judgment until I hear the split.

Okeefe Is Legit
03-30-2010, 12:15 AM
These guys remind of mewithoutYou

I digg

phoenix_crush
03-30-2010, 10:16 AM
anyone else obsessively check the wordpress for updates?

punkforlife93
03-30-2010, 10:30 AM
^Me.

I'm a bit unhealthily obsessed with these guys.

Twelve is one of my new favorite songs by them. The riffing is just way to happy for me to even dislike any part of it.

phoenix_crush
03-30-2010, 07:10 PM
it's not unhealthy if it's la dispute :p: and yeah 12 is a good song, nice jangly chords

Guitarist132
03-31-2010, 04:58 PM
gotdamn i love this band

the lyrics are great, but so is everything about them..

phoenix_crush
03-31-2010, 05:00 PM
new video up!!

brad5992
03-31-2010, 08:35 PM
Finally gave these guys a listen. So, so good. Somewhere at the Bottom... rules.
Have they got any other good releases?

slorggetti
03-31-2010, 08:47 PM
Everything they've released

phoenix_crush
03-31-2010, 09:01 PM
Finally gave these guys a listen. So, so good. Somewhere at the Bottom... rules.
Have they got any other good releases?
Well definetly check out Here, Hear but you may not like it. It's very different stuff. Most of it is spoken word with music behind it. And Vancouver is good, but I personally don't think it can even touch Somewhere at the Bottom of the River.....

brad5992
03-31-2010, 09:14 PM
Thanks for the recs, ill check em both out anyways

The Charm
03-31-2010, 11:33 PM
I play Somewhere at the Bottom of the River at least 3 times a day. These guys are too good o.O

phoenix_crush
04-01-2010, 11:54 AM
yeah me too

Guitarist132
04-01-2010, 02:23 PM
Where can i find nine? what ep or w.e are the rest of the #'s off of? I have here hear I &II

phoenix_crush
04-01-2010, 05:28 PM
here hear 3 lol

Guitarist132
04-06-2010, 02:18 PM
well of course aha

phoenix_crush
04-08-2010, 09:36 AM
you know where to find here hear 3 though, right?

The Charm
04-08-2010, 06:35 PM
So I'm working on a Guitar Pro tab of The Last Lost Continent

I'll probably lose interest before I finish it though... Plus I have lots of papers to do...

Edit: Damn you Guitar Pro for having no Delay effect...

phoenix_crush
04-09-2010, 08:43 AM
So I'm working on a Guitar Pro tab of The Last Lost Continent

I'll probably lose interest before I finish it though... Plus I have lots of papers to do...

Edit: Damn you Guitar Pro for having no Delay effect...
You need to finish! theres like no la dispute tabs. Pisses me off.

The Charm
04-09-2010, 12:19 PM
You need to finish! theres like no la dispute tabs. Pisses me off.

Haha, I'm trying! I"m kind of a perfectionist though so it's taking some time. I've got about 2 minutes of the song in Guitar Pro and 95% of the riffs in the song figured out.

Theres one riff I'm not sure if I'm gona be able to figure out :( The one at that starts at about 6:40. That time may be off, I'm at school and looking at the song on youtube, and the guy had to split the song into 2 parts. Pretty much every other riff I've figured out except for maybe a few of the Rythym riffs which shouldn't be hard.

I'll probably need some help with the bass, as I don't have one and know exactly squat about bass.

phoenix_crush
04-12-2010, 08:50 AM
so chad and kevin both use delay pedals, anyone know what songs they use them in? (just curious)

The Charm
04-12-2010, 12:53 PM
so chad and kevin both use delay pedals, anyone know what songs they use them in? (just curious)

Most of their songs I'm pretty sure, but I know for a fact they use them in The Last Lost Continent and Such Small Hands.

phoenix_crush
04-12-2010, 08:17 PM
Most of their songs I'm pretty sure, but I know for a fact they use them in The Last Lost Continent and Such Small Hands.
in the very beginning of such small hands when the main riff is played, it sounds like each note is played twice. Is that just delay?

punkforlife93
04-12-2010, 09:07 PM
in the very beginning of such small hands when the main riff is played, it sounds like each note is played twice. Is that just delay?
Yep.

phoenix_crush
04-12-2010, 10:46 PM
Yep.
alright thanks, once i get a delay pedal I'll probaly be asking for help again haha.

punkforlife93
04-12-2010, 11:52 PM
alright thanks, once i get a delay pedal I'll probaly be asking for help again haha.

There's bits in Nobody, Not Even the Rain and Last Blues For Bloody Knuckles too. :cheers:

The Charm
04-14-2010, 04:13 PM

I was rereading the #12 thread and remembered that you were there at their last show...

Great show man...

****ing shit the more I use guitar pro the more I hate it. I'm glad I pirated it instead of paying for it because the shit isn't even close to being worth 60 dollars.

It has a really clumsy interface...

phoenix_crush
04-14-2010, 04:16 PM
I was rereading the #12 thread and remembered that you were there at their last show...

Great show man...

****ing shit the more I use guitar pro the more I hate it. I'm glad I pirated it instead of paying for it because the shit isn't even close to being worth 60 dollars.

It has a really clumsy interface...
haha yeah man, it was my first time seeing them too

I torrented guitar pro as well, i still prefer tuxguitar though (which is free)

punkforlife93
04-14-2010, 04:49 PM
haha yeah man, it was my first time seeing them too

I torrented guitar pro as well, i still prefer tuxguitar though (which is free)

I wish I could've seen them...if they performed If They Holler, Don't Let Go I would've travelled 1500 miles to the show.

The Charm
04-14-2010, 05:28 PM
I wish I could've seen them...if they performed If They Holler, Don't Let Go I would've travelled 1500 miles to the show.

They didn't :(

It was the one song I was REALLY hoping they'd play that they didn't. All the other songs I wanted to see I saw. And I travelled 600 miles :P

Also this is what I have so far on The Last Lost Continent. Be gentle now its my first tab and it's less than halfway done.

phoenix_crush
04-14-2010, 08:54 PM
They didn't :(

It was the one song I was REALLY hoping they'd play that they didn't. All the other songs I wanted to see I saw. And I travelled 600 miles :P

Also this is what I have so far on The Last Lost Continent. Be gentle now its my first tab and it's less than halfway done.
I travelled like less than 10 miles. And I'll check the tab out later. I'm excited haha

)Eric(Draven
04-14-2010, 09:07 PM
"We cast our hearts in plaster
We imagined our bodies were fashioned of stone
But they chipped at the brick and mortar
We found out that we're only layers of skin hiding bones
And our bones are like chains, old and rusted in the rain
They're going to snap when the weight shifts"

Holy shit

The Charm
04-14-2010, 11:10 PM
"We cast our hearts in plaster
We imagined our bodies were fashioned of stone
But they chipped at the brick and mortar
We found out that we're only layers of skin hiding bones
And our bones are like chains, old and rusted in the rain
They're going to snap when the weight shifts"

Holy shit

Might as well post the whole song dude! Not a line in the song that isn't epic!

Actually...not an entire line in the whole album that isn't epic...

That was myy favorite part from Bury Your Flame too except add this on:

"There was no sharp pain this time,
Just the ghost of your presence compressing my chest like a vine,
An unshakable absence,
Like most of my insides crawled out through my mouth and went west but that's fine"

punkforlife93
04-14-2010, 11:11 PM
Might as well post the whole song dude! Not a line in the song that isn't epic!

Actually...not an entire line in the whole album that isn't epic...

That was myy favorite part from Bury Your Flame too except add this on:

"There was no sharp pain this time,
Just the ghost of your presence compressing my chest like a vine,
An unshakable absence,
Like most of my insides crawled out through my mouth and went west but that's fine"

His rhyming makes me wet.

But really...most rhymes are annoying in bands, but the way this is done is just glorious.

phoenix_crush
04-14-2010, 11:15 PM
His rhyming makes me wet.

But really...most rhymes are annoying in bands, but the way this is done is just glorious.
+1

"I don't care about the flesh that it tears, its not flesh that im worried about"

The Charm
04-14-2010, 11:17 PM
So what do you guys think of my tab so far?

punkforlife93
04-14-2010, 11:18 PM
Every time I hear the intro in A Word of Welcome and Warning, a little tingle goes up my spine.

"Pick up the phone..."

lookpizza
04-14-2010, 11:27 PM
I think Andria takes the cake when it comes to amazing flow/rhyming/lyrical content

And I remember how you smiled through the smoke
in a crowded little coffeehouse and laughed at all my jokes.
And I remember the way that you dressed and,
how we wasted all the best of us in alcohol and sweat
And I remember when I knew that you'd be leaving, how I barely kept up breathing
and I bet if I had to do it all again, I'd feel the same pain,
And I remember panicked circles in the terminal in tears.
How I wept to god in fits. I've hated airports ever since.

phoenix_crush
04-14-2010, 11:28 PM
I think Andria takes the cake when it comes to amazing flow/rhyming/lyrical content

And I remember how you smiled through the smoke
in a crowded little coffeehouse and laughed at all my jokes.
And I remember the way that you dressed and,
how we wasted all the best of us in alcohol and sweat
And I remember when I knew that you'd be leaving, how I barely kept up breathing
and I bet if I had to do it all again, I'd feel the same pain,
And I remember panicked circles in the terminal in tears.
How I wept to god in fits. I've hated airports ever since.
i love that song

lookpizza
04-14-2010, 11:31 PM
i love that song

Hah me too, my only gripe is the ending isn't as good as the build up... I get that a lot with La Dispute.. but it's just cause their build ups are so damn good. They should just have shorter songs.

zezimathehero
04-14-2010, 11:32 PM
This band's lyrical content makes me feel bad about my abilities as a lyricist.

phoenix_crush
04-14-2010, 11:33 PM
Hah me too, my only gripe is the ending isn't as good as the build up... I get that a lot with La Dispute.. but it's just cause their build ups are so damn good. They should just have shorter songs.
thats why you listen to the whole cd every time, it goes right into the build up of the next song. I acutally dont know the lyrics of most of the songs because i always listen to the whole thing and its like one big song so i dont know what lines are from what songs lol

EDIT: ^jordan and geoff from thursday always have that effect on me

punkforlife93
04-15-2010, 09:22 AM
I'm actually just getting back into Thursday. Not a huge fan of their new stuff, but their split with Envy is amazing.

phoenix_crush
04-15-2010, 09:51 AM
I'm actually just getting back into Thursday. Not a huge fan of their new stuff, but their split with Envy is amazing.
Yeah its sooo good haha. My personal favorite albums are Full Collapse and War All The Time. Amazing stuff.

EDIT: forgot to mention this but I have a list of all the gear chad and kevin use. :cool:

DoubleEDit: I just checked out the land lost continent tab. It seems pretty solid :)

)Eric(Draven
04-15-2010, 03:17 PM
Most rhymes are annoying in bands, but the way this is done is just glorious.
This guy has incredible control over rhythm. People forget that rhythm is a huge part of vocals and la dispute's vocal rhythm is sick. It's just so ****ing cool to listen to how he architects his syllables and phrasing. Everything is interesting. He could be talking about butt pudding and I'd still love it every time he hit a word somewhere I didn't expect it.

lookpizza
04-15-2010, 03:19 PM
Dudes like an emotional Eminem.... cause Eminem isn't already emotional.

The Charm
04-15-2010, 05:14 PM
Yeah its sooo good haha. My personal favorite albums are Full Collapse and War All The Time. Amazing stuff.

EDIT: forgot to mention this but I have a list of all the gear chad and kevin use. :cool:

DoubleEDit: I just checked out the land lost continent tab. It seems pretty solid :)

Yeah, and you'd better share that list!

phoenix_crush
04-15-2010, 05:22 PM
Yeah, and you'd better share that list!
lol alright, I emailed Chad a while ago so I'll just post the email

Hi Tom, I appreciate your compliments on the album. I hope this information finds you well.

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Les Paul Standard. I've had the Studio for years and I love it, I recently picked up a Standard and I like that too, but I realized I don't like owning expensive things; I think I worry about it too much.

Amp, Cabs: Mesa solo 50 head, Mesa 4x12, Avatar 4x12. The Mesa head was the first real amp I bought and is still the one I currently use. It's purple, I've grown to love it. The Avatar was my first cab and it was always OK sounding, kind of pale in comparison with the Mesa, but a while back I rewired it and rear-mounted the speakers and now I actually like it better some days.

Pedals: Sonic Research ST-200, ISP Decimator, Line 6 DL4. The ST-200 is in my opinion one of the best tuning pedals on the market. It's solid, USA made, and is much more accurate than anything out there I've seen. Just a small company but I can see them being popularized. The ISP is another great pedal, also a small company, at least when I bought mine, now I think they sell them at GC and everything. The DL4 I never cease having problems with. I've been through at least 4 of them in past few years, and the one I have right now is also broken. But for
some reason I keep buying them?

Other things: cables, picks, strings. I end up experimenting with a lot of different kinds. Right now I'm settled on Mogami cables, Dunlop Yellow picks, and D'addario EXL115 strings, but that could change tomorrow.

Kevin plays an SG (guitar) through a 5150II head through Marshall cabs. His pedal set up is about the same as mine: tuner, noise suppressor, delay. But he uses a Boss tuner and delay (DD7 I think).

So there you have it. What do you use? I always love to talk about gear. Right now I'm getting into building guitar pedals and speaker cabs and things so that's been an adventure, things to occupy my time... Anyway, I've rambled. -Chad

punkforlife93
04-15-2010, 05:36 PM
Hell yeah! Chad just rambled to you! :eek:

phoenix_crush
04-15-2010, 05:38 PM
Hell yeah! Chad just rambled to you! :eek:
I know! when i first got that email I was like jumping up and down, I didn't think he would respond

r-bizzle182
04-15-2010, 07:58 PM
Damn, haven't posted here in a while.

@Punkforlife- What release is "If They Holler, Don't Let Go" on? I've never heard of it =[

@Kid who posted the Last Continent tab- Awesome work dude, sounds great to me <3

@Phoenix- Hell yeah haha, sweet deal getting the gear list. I think it's funny that a Les Paul Studio is cheap to some people =[

I still haven't seen these guys live =[

phoenix_crush
04-15-2010, 08:14 PM

@Punkforlife- What release is "If They Holler, Don't Let Go" on? I've never heard of it =[

@Kid who posted the Last Continent tab- Awesome work dude, sounds great to me <3

@Phoenix- Hell yeah haha, sweet deal getting the gear list. I think it's funny that a Les Paul Studio is cheap to some people =[

Me neither, hopefully seeing them on the current tour.

And I was wondering where you were. I missed you :(

r-bizzle182
04-15-2010, 08:51 PM
Me neither, hopefully seeing them on the current tour.

And I was wondering where you were. I missed you :(

<3

I love the intro riff to "Castle Builders," so gnarly
My friend's band got to open for La Dispute like two weeks ago
Son of a bitch

The Charm
04-15-2010, 09:42 PM

The names "The Charm!"

Gosh people don't even know my name :( I'm gona go sit in a corner and cry now. Not really. Thanks for listening to my tab :P

Did a bit more of the drums today. Trying not to do anymore guitar untill I get caught up on the drums.

And "If They Holler Don't Let Go" is on Worse Than Alone.

punkforlife93
04-16-2010, 12:01 AM
And "If They Holler Don't Let Go" is on Worse Than Alone.

This.

It's quite possibly in my top 10 songs of all time by any band.

HonestIain
04-16-2010, 07:20 AM
On their tour with Thursday I literally bought the last Untitled 7". It's cool to know that after I bought it it was technically OOP.

The Charm
04-16-2010, 11:59 AM
Favorite Hear, Here songs?

Nine and Ten for me.

phoenix_crush
04-16-2010, 12:17 PM
On their tour with Thursday I literally bought the last Untitled 7". It's cool to know that after I bought it it was technically OOP.
hey...fuck you... :peace:

and charm, idk I havent listened to them recently but i remember there was one with singing instead of just spoken word and i liked that. And the one where he was talking about going for walks at night and getting beat up an shit. lol

The Charm
04-16-2010, 12:37 PM
hey...fuck you... :peace:

and charm, idk I havent listened to them recently but i remember there was one with singing instead of just spoken word and i liked that. And the one where he was talking about going for walks at night and getting beat up an shit. lol

The last one you were talking about was 8. Great song :P

Btw how long was your freind request sitting in my thing? I actually didn't know it was there untill I tried to add you :P

r-bizzle182
04-16-2010, 12:41 PM
Favorite Hear, Here songs?

Nine and Ten for me.

Nine and Twelve!

But woah, never heard of that release.
I'll have to look it up!

/I'd hate to get a PM..

The Charm
04-16-2010, 12:53 PM
Nine and Twelve!

I'll have to look it up!

/I'd hate to get a PM..

Oh, haha I got it backwards didn't I?

Here, Hear lol

Damn puns.

phoenix_crush
04-16-2010, 01:03 PM
Nine and Twelve!

I'll have to look it up!

/I'd hate to get a PM..
are you talking about worse then alone? cause thats not la dispute lol

r-bizzle182
04-16-2010, 02:57 PM
Oh, haha I got it backwards didn't I?

Here, Hear lol

Damn puns.

oh noo i meant "worse than alone"

@phoenix- THAT explains it haha..i thought this was some weird la dispute record and I was so excited hahah

punkforlife93
04-16-2010, 04:17 PM
So much confusion going on. :D

My faves are probably Three, Five, Eight, and Twelve.

The Charm
04-16-2010, 05:44 PM
oh noo i meant "worse than alone"

@phoenix- THAT explains it haha..i thought this was some weird la dispute record and I was so excited hahah

Yeah Worse Than Alone is from TNTLLU :P

phoenix_crush
04-16-2010, 07:15 PM
but there IS a secret La Dispute record you guiz dont know about. <_< >_>

lookpizza
04-16-2010, 08:07 PM
but there IS a secret La Dispute record you guiz dont know about. <_< >_>

hey man dont you f*ck with me

phoenix_crush
04-16-2010, 08:10 PM
:p:

so on a heart wrenchingly depressing note: fall of troy in nyc sold out :( im considering suicide

r-bizzle182
04-16-2010, 08:10 PM

This

Phoenix, you're on my sh*t list man >_>

phoenix_crush
04-16-2010, 08:11 PM
This

Phoenix, you're on my sh*t list man >_>
:eek: i thought we were tight brah

r-bizzle182
04-16-2010, 08:36 PM
:eek: i thought we were tight brah

Joking about La Dispute man?!

I'm glad TFOT sold out in NYC.

phoenix_crush
04-16-2010, 08:38 PM
Joking about La Dispute man?!

I'm glad TFOT sold out in NYC.
:( that hurts

The Charm
04-16-2010, 10:38 PM
And what's left is a heart beat speaking:
"Hands off your heart child, you'll bury yourself in mistakes!"

phoenix_crush
04-17-2010, 12:30 PM
off topic but.... i hate drummers

slorggetti
04-17-2010, 12:44 PM
I hate not being very good at drumming...

r-bizzle182
04-17-2010, 01:40 PM
I hate not being very good at drumming...

this x1000000

phoenix_crush
04-17-2010, 01:41 PM
drumming is easy, finding someone to do it that is reliable, not so much

The Charm
04-17-2010, 02:02 PM
That's why you gota keep drummer's in line. They're like dogs, if you don't let them know that you're top dog they won't listen. I recommend buying a choker collar for your drummer. It really helps.

phoenix_crush
04-17-2010, 02:04 PM
That's why you gota keep drummer's in line. They're like dogs, if you don't let them know that you're top dog they won't listen. I recommend buying a choker collar for your drummer. It really helps.
that sounds....really kinky :p:

if your into that stuff thats cool, but i cant really dig it

The Charm
04-17-2010, 02:05 PM
Oh you know it.

MMM BDSM.

phoenix_crush
04-17-2010, 02:07 PM
Oh you know it.

MMM BDSM.
lol but honestly if it werent fro annoying drummers my band probaly would be ready to gig

r-bizzle182
04-17-2010, 03:33 PM
lol but honestly if it werent fro annoying drummers my band probaly would be ready to gig

been in the same situation so many times, it's totally rage-worthy. kill them all. future wars.

phoenix_crush
04-17-2010, 03:35 PM
been in the same situation so many times, it's totally rage-worthy. kill them all. future wars.
I'd like to point out that there are drum machines, but no "guitar machines", eh.

slorggetti
04-17-2010, 04:01 PM
Synthesizers?

phoenix_crush
04-17-2010, 05:21 PM
Synthesizers?
have you ever seen a live band that emulated guitar using synths? Most of the time it's a keyboard with cool sounds

lookpizza
04-17-2010, 05:25 PM
Yea but entirely too much music is guitar-centric anyways...

phoenix_crush
04-17-2010, 05:26 PM
Yea but entirely too much music is guitar-centric anyways...
you say that like its a bad thing...

lookpizza
04-17-2010, 05:52 PM
Well I don't mean to say I dislike guitar-centric music ( I mean I do post on a site called ultimate-guitar) but I'm just saying I'd like to hear some rock music that isn't so focused on it.

I'm gonna go listen to some Death From Above

phoenix_crush
04-17-2010, 09:06 PM
Well I don't mean to say I dislike guitar-centric music ( I mean I do post on a site called ultimate-guitar) but I'm just saying I'd like to hear some rock music that isn't so focused on it.

listen to post rock then

post rock is so cool

scaryfried
04-17-2010, 09:49 PM
post rock is so cool

+1

phoenix_crush
04-18-2010, 05:00 PM
so my drummer problems have been resolved. and i wrote a new song that has la dispute, every time i die, AND skramz sounding riffs in it. and it flows to. Very nice.

And to make this on topic they just announced new dates in Europe, lucky frog eatin bastard frenchmen

lookpizza
04-18-2010, 06:33 PM
listen to post rock then

post rock is so cool

I like Explosions in the Sky, does that count?

phoenix_crush
04-18-2010, 07:02 PM
I like Explosions in the Sky, does that count?
eh...they're post rock, but they have 3 guitarists....

lookpizza
04-18-2010, 07:05 PM
Oh right, I forgot what I was even talking about in the first place

phoenix_crush
04-18-2010, 07:12 PM
Oh right, I forgot what I was even talking about in the first place
lol happens to me all the time. In this thread we move seamlessly from one topic to the next. Such is the beauty of La Dispute

...or something :p:

slorggetti
04-18-2010, 07:49 PM
eh...they're post rock, but they have 3 guitarists....
If These Trees Could Talk is a post-rock band with three guitarists... And they're ****ing incredible... And not boring and formulaic like EITS

phoenix_crush
04-18-2010, 07:53 PM
If These Trees Could Talk is a post-rock band with three guitarists... And they're ****ing incredible... And not boring and formulaic like EITS
Yeah but we were talking about bands that aren't guitar centric

nashawa
04-18-2010, 08:01 PM

My DFA1979 vinyl was stolen :mad:

Also, yeah, La Dispute.

phoenix_crush
04-18-2010, 08:05 PM
My DFA1979 vinyl was stolen :mad:

Also, yeah, La Dispute.
lol. Every thread in this forum is so off topic

The Charm
04-19-2010, 12:28 PM
lol. Every thread in this forum is so off topic

Especially the ones about platypus cooter.

phoenix_crush
04-19-2010, 12:34 PM
So I got to use La dispute in school today. I'm using my favorite song (fall down, never get back up again) in an english project. We had to pick a song to describe a poem. Wanna know what poem it is? listen to Three :cool:

The Charm
04-19-2010, 12:44 PM
So I got to use La dispute in school today. I'm using my favorite song (fall down, never get back up again) in an english project. We had to pick a song to describe a poem. Wanna know what poem it is? listen to Three :cool:

The first thing I thought of when I heard that song was "Reminds me of the Annabel Lee poem."

Turns out it was based on that.

phoenix_crush
04-19-2010, 12:50 PM
The first thing I thought of when I heard that song was "Reminds me of the Annabel Lee poem."

Turns out it was based on that.
when i staretd reading it I was like wow this sounds so similar to the song. then i recognized some of the lines. And THEN i realized that the poem was in Three :D

nashawa
04-19-2010, 01:01 PM
Especially the ones about platypus cooter.
They should all be about that.

saxaxe
04-19-2010, 10:29 PM
So I started listening to La Dispute last year, but off the bat I wrote them off as a rather bland mewithoutYou rip off. Holy shit was that ever a mistake. Over the last couple months, I've fallen so ridiculously in love with them. I'm so stoked to see them saturday with Trash Talk.

phoenix_crush
04-19-2010, 10:37 PM
So I started listening to La Dispute last year, but off the bat I wrote them off as a rather bland mewithoutYou rip off. Holy shit was that ever a mistake. Over the last couple months, I've fallen so ridiculously in love with them. I'm so stoked to see them saturday with Trash Talk.
:five:

welcome to our thread bro ;)

punkforlife93
04-19-2010, 10:42 PM

They sure are amazing.

phoenix_crush
04-20-2010, 09:46 PM

They sure are amazing.
Anyone heard anything about the touche amore split

saxaxe
04-20-2010, 10:57 PM
I'M SO ADDICTED TO THIS BAND RIGHT NOW.

Jesus.

punkforlife93
04-20-2010, 11:14 PM
Have you heard their 7 inch?

The first song is so good, but way different stylistically.

saxaxe
04-20-2010, 11:14 PM
The only album from them I have is Somewhere at the Bottom.

The Charm
04-21-2010, 12:28 AM
I'M SO ADDICTED TO THIS BAND RIGHT NOW.

Jesus.

Get used to it. I've been addicted to these guys for a couple months now

phoenix_crush
04-21-2010, 07:27 AM
Have you heard their 7 inch?

The first song is so good, but way different stylistically.
yeah it is good. FYI guys you can download all their out of print stuff from their band camp site

saxaxe
04-21-2010, 11:52 AM
So as excited as I am for La Dispute, Trash Talk is stuck in the UK and missing the Baltimore date of the tour. ****.

The Charm
04-21-2010, 12:05 PM
So as excited as I am for La Dispute, Trash Talk is stuck in the UK and missing the Baltimore date of the tour. ****.

Sucks.

I'm seeing them with Alexisonfire and Trash Talk on May 5th!

Haven't listened to much Trash Talk tbh.

saxaxe
04-21-2010, 12:32 PM
Of all the bands, I was most excited to see Trash Talk. Argh.

phoenix_crush
04-21-2010, 01:19 PM
is trash talk like hardcore or something? I haven't listened to them

saxaxe
04-21-2010, 01:21 PM
Yeah. Check them out for sure. Heavy, fast and pissed.

phoenix_crush
04-21-2010, 01:57 PM
sounds good

The Charm
04-21-2010, 03:47 PM
So,

Shall Never Lose It's Power. Great song no?

phoenix_crush
04-21-2010, 05:06 PM
So,

Shall Never Lose It's Power. Great song no?
indeed. Has anyone seen that video from the recording of the split where it just shows them sitting there with someone (andrew?) going over this one little section of the vocals like 5 times? I watched it like 4 times lol

Okeefe Is Legit
04-21-2010, 07:14 PM
Every time I listen to Somewhere at the Bottom of the River I love these guys more and more. I really hope I can catch them when they come through my area.

The Charm
04-21-2010, 11:18 PM
Every time I listen to Somewhere at the Bottom of the River I love these guys more and more. I really hope I can catch them when they come through my area.

They are fantastic live.

firstlightxo
04-22-2010, 03:37 AM
trash talk is great, a real violent treat live.
touche and la dispute were awesome when we played with them.

The Charm
04-22-2010, 03:45 AM
trash talk is great, a real violent treat live.
touche and la dispute were awesome when we played with them.

Did you play with them on this last tour they did with Touche?

firstlightxo
04-22-2010, 04:14 AM
we played a one off in SC at earshot with them and touche.

phoenix_crush
04-22-2010, 08:25 AM
we played a one off in SC at earshot with them and touche.
not fair! :mad:

Space frog
04-22-2010, 10:03 PM
Wow this is some nice stuff!

phoenix_crush
04-22-2010, 10:08 PM
:five:

The Charm
04-22-2010, 10:41 PM

Welcome to the La Dispute thread Space Frog :P

Space frog
04-23-2010, 10:10 PM
Tx. I'll check out their other stuff. I was interested by the fact that they are compared to Thursday on the first page. And then I liked that.

saxaxe
04-24-2010, 07:14 PM
Holy SHIT they were good. wow.

The Charm
04-24-2010, 07:53 PM
Holy SHIT they were good. wow.

You saw them today?

saxaxe
04-24-2010, 08:13 PM
Yep. So good.

The Charm
04-24-2010, 08:22 PM
Yep. So good.

Setlist? I'm seeing them again on the 1st.

saxaxe
04-24-2010, 08:36 PM
Bury Your Flame
Said The King To The River
New Storms For Old Lovers
New song
New song
Something from a 7" I don't know
The Castle Builders (EPIC singalong at the end)
Damaged Goods

I think that was it, but I'm sure I'm forgetting something. No Such Small Hands or Fall Down. :sad:

slorggetti
04-24-2010, 08:40 PM
I can't imagine Damaged Goods being anything but pure fun live.

phoenix_crush
04-24-2010, 08:49 PM
new songs is cool but they dont have my favorite songs, well bury your flame is one of my favorites

saxaxe
04-24-2010, 08:52 PM
Damaged Goods was so good, but I think New Storms for Old Lovers was the best song of the set for me. If nothing else, for the fact that I was on some dudes back and the singer screamed "I guess love's a funny thing, the way it fades away without a warning" in my face.

The Charm
04-24-2010, 08:56 PM
They aren't playing Such Small Hands? Gasp...great song to sing along to. Glad to see Bury Your Flame on the list. I was disappointed when they didn't play that the last time I saw them.

phoenix_crush
04-24-2010, 08:58 PM
They aren't playing Such Small Hands? Gasp...great song to sing along to. Glad to see Bury Your Flame on the list. I was disappointed when they didn't play that the last time I saw them.
They played such small hands in buffalo...

The Charm
04-24-2010, 09:00 PM
They played such small hands in buffalo...

Did you see them with Touche or Alexisonfire?

phoenix_crush
04-24-2010, 09:07 PM
Did you see them with Touche or Alexisonfire?
I wish lol. Theres a video on the website

The Charm
04-24-2010, 09:09 PM
I wish lol. Theres a video on the website

Ohhhhh....

k :)

Space frog
04-25-2010, 11:49 AM
Too bad there's no date in Mtl, their shows seem like a nice time...

punkforlife93
04-26-2010, 10:33 AM
They played Such Small Hands when they came here to Denver. They really do that song well live.

The Charm
04-26-2010, 11:58 AM
Was that with the Touche tour though? They might have a new setlist for the Alexisonfire tour.

Hands off your fate child you'll bury yourself in mistakes!