Closing the Gap (Symphonic Power/Progressive Metal) [GP4/5/MIDI] C4C

PDA

View Full Version : Closing the Gap (Symphonic Power/Progressive Metal) [GP4/5/MIDI] C4C

DiminishedFifth
10-11-2009, 01:42 PM
I have a finished product! :D It's been so long since i've ever actually finished something! Yay!

Well, here it is! I feel that after the second chorus I rush into the outro, but I haven't really come up with another way of transitioning to the outro yet... any help? Only, of course, if it's needed. :]

Crit on anything needed! The longer (and better!) your crit, the longer/better mine is. ;]

And 5 e-cookies if you can tell me the influences.

MIDI only please.

bass_boi_ftw
10-11-2009, 01:59 PM
0.o
****ing sick man! I wish i could write somethign like that :( lol

Awesome job keep it up

xxCHANCExx
10-11-2009, 02:13 PM
That's pretty sweet man! Beginning is nice and soft, but comes in with a bang, I love it. Nice little solo in the beginning as well, I liked it. Well, so far, as I listen to it, it sounds a lot like Blind Guardian. Am I right? I like the change to G Minor, but the keyboard in the transition sounded a little odd.Chorus was okay, didn't have as big of a sound as the beginning, but it was cool. I thought the pre-solo sounded kinda cool lol. Solo itself was alright, nothing that really stuck out though. It really sounds a lot like Blind Guardian again at A#. Was that your influence? Amirite?! Well, You did a great job, whoever your influences were. It sounded very good.

C4C? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1213453

DiminishedFifth
10-13-2009, 11:08 PM
No e-cookie for you! Don't listen to Blind Guardian :3

Thank you ^^ Do you know exactly what sounded weird about the transitions? And what could I do to give the chorus more power?

Anyone else?

blackmagician
10-14-2009, 02:19 AM
the song itself is awesome. i liked the intro very much, and the intro-solo too. the song kicks in nicely with the Fm. personally, i liked the chorus. but the bass, my God! its brilliant ! you almost used it as a lead instrument rather than a background one. as i too started writing only a little while back, i have a big problem with arranging bass and looking at your bass line, i was blown seriously. the guitar solo sounded fine. the transition (pre-solo) was veryyy good with the contrasting bass, and the bass solo was good, but i think you could have used 4 more bars to the transition into the outro. the outro itself was good but i wasn't that amazed by the transition. overall the song is brilliant :)
crit mine? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1215060

Arycama
10-15-2009, 06:40 PM
Sounds really good in my opinion. Very progressive, and epic.

I think to give the chorus more power, you might need to build it up a little bit more, and change the drum feels a little. (Feels, not fills mind you :P) But its good, I like it.

Critique my song if you have time. :)

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1216277

DiminishedFifth
10-17-2009, 03:36 PM
Already got back to you blackmagician, and i'm in the process of critting you right now Arycama.

@Arycama: What exactly do you mean by feels? And how could I extend the pre-chorus?

Macabre_Turtle
01-29-2010, 01:19 AM
Shit man, I wanted to give you crits for mixing my song, but I can't find anything that's not perfect. My puny brain doesn't even understand what's going on half the time! I just have a constant feeling of claustrophobia and "how the hell did he do that?!" Haha. That's all a good thing.

ultimate-slash
01-29-2010, 08:05 AM
Awesome!

No other word to describe it really :p:

I can't help hearing some Dream Theater and Opeth-ish things here and there. Possible influences? And you don't happen to listen to Adagio, do you?

Has symphony x been any influence?

DiminishedFifth
01-29-2010, 11:25 AM
Awesome!

No other word to describe it really :p:

I can't help hearing some Dream Theater and Opeth-ish things here and there. Possible influences? And you don't happen to listen to Adagio, do you?

Has symphony x been any influence?
Thank you! :]

There's probably a hint of Dream Theater, no Opeth at all ( don't listen/like). And I listened to Adagio AFTER I wrote this song...

Symphony X, though, they're amazing ;] But they're mostly a small influence on the song.