Starting new prog piece, would like opinions [GP4,5]

PDA

View Full Version : Starting new prog piece, would like opinions [GP4,5]

DEATHPANDA
10-11-2009, 03:37 PM
I started writing this earlier, with intentions of writing a full out prog piece, but as usual ended up writing something which is difficult to make decent drums for. All the riffs were made on the guitar before tabbing it out, so none of the time signatures were planned. Without the drums the riffs really breathed but when I added some, it kinda just choked them, well I think so anyway. I would like some honest opinions on the actual song so far in general, if you have to be harsh I don't mind, just please make it constructive.

Thanks in advance, and of course I will C4C.

Superperfex
10-11-2009, 03:44 PM
So far so good man. I like it.

But I feel it's a bit repetitive. When writing this, try to plan out what si the chorus riff, verse riffs and etc.

I feel it's just a instrumental so far and needs to be structured and edited. Try making a new intro and come into that other stuff later.

DEATHPANDA
10-11-2009, 03:59 PM
So far so good man. I like it.

But I feel it's a bit repetitive. When writing this, try to plan out what si the chorus riff, verse riffs and etc.

I feel it's just a instrumental so far and needs to be structured and edited. Try making a new intro and come into that other stuff later.

That's the thing, I have a really hard time structuring a song, and it always just seems to be riff after riff. I have some really good ideas for structure and transitioning, I just can never seem to be able to put it down into guitar pro. Anyway, thanks for the crit, I will try adding an intro.