More melodic hardcore [C4C]

PDA

View Full Version : More melodic hardcore [C4C]

pmeg568c
10-11-2009, 07:41 PM
I've been working on a few new things lately, my bands is a week or so away from recording our 4 song demo, but this stuff im writing now I like a lot. This is just a single guitar track which is more of a clip board than a song at the moment. but i would like some input on the riffs and melodic content if you all wouldn't mind. The end is going to be similar to the end of widower, slow and epic, but its still in the very early stages.

Thomasoman
10-11-2009, 11:33 PM
I love all of it besides the riff from 1-14. something doesn't feel quite fitting about it. I'm all for the sound youre trying to achieve with it but I dont think it works. the idea is cool though, try messing around the chords you use for it, I guess some of them just don't sit well with me.

otherwise though, its all solid stuff.

pmeg568c
10-12-2009, 08:33 PM
i jammed on the end idea today and came up with what i think is a cool epic ending kind of like widower. i posted it in my profile if anyone is also interested in that

huevos
11-04-2009, 07:03 PM
A combination of paradiddles and groove-orientated bass would work for the most part. I would probably go with a more sludgy groove for the 1st 14 bars.

Funky bass for what I assume is the verse (bars 16-35). It good benefit quite a lot with some powerful quarter and half note bass notes.

The second section (bar 36 and after) falls in the more traditional hardcore range, but it still has an opaque and near inaccessible sound (to ears unaccustomed to such music). That's my fancy way of saying I love it.

There's no need for leads in any section, since it happens to be voiced so well.