Untitled Power Metal (again) MIDI, C4C

PDA

View Full Version : Untitled Power Metal (again) MIDI, C4C

Z3r0747
10-12-2009, 12:39 AM
Yet another power metal thing I've been working on, I like it better than the last one I did, and this one is nearly complete (unless I get some crazy ideas) except for the solos and outro, so just pretend there's a solo in the spaces with just chord progressions (or if you want, write your own and then show it to me) :p:.

C4C if you want.

21Fretter
10-12-2009, 06:02 AM
I enjoyed it. Nothing to really crit imo. Finish those solos and you will be good to go.

Arycama
10-15-2009, 07:28 PM
Hmm, drums could use a fill before the heavy beat comes in. Maybe don't repeat the intro bits as much. The lead melody sounds good though, and the transition into the verse is good, as well as the verse itself. I like the vocal lines too. Drums arequite DragonForcey. The chorus is sweet. :) I think the bit after the chorus could use some lead guitar or something, rather then just power chords. Overall, it has a good solid feel, lots of that owing to the drums and solid rhythm lines. Is it finished yet? If so, the outro might need a bit of work.

Id say 7/10.

C4C?
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1216277

blackmagician
10-16-2009, 02:16 AM
critiquing as i listen :
the start is awesome but you surely can use more transition in case of drums while going in for the heavy drumming part. the vocal lines are very good but dont you think you have overused the intro riff? the chorus is awesome! the post-chorus is the solo if i am to guess, right? well, you have already laid down a solid foundation for a nice solo there. again the verse kicks in and all that is good. the bridge/breakdown could have been 4 bars longer but thats just me being a fan of breaks, but is that the outro? you do need work on it mate. overall i liked the song but try using the intro lead a bit lesser
crit mine?http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1216197

edit: i put in a solo see if you like it, just after the chorus part

Z3r0747
10-18-2009, 05:19 PM
Thanks guys, and no it's not finished yet, when I have some time I plan to finish the solos and a proper outro. I might be overdoing it a little (well, it's power metal after all :)) but I plan to have a solo after each chorus and the especially long one at the end (which is a boring chord progression at the moment :))

And yeah, I just put the intro lead in between the verses because I couldn't think of anything :p: but yeah I'll make sure to change that too.

I'll crit your guys stuff ASAP.

blackmagician: nice solo! Do you mind if I change it around a bit? I need the one after the chorus to have more hyperactive shredding, so I might move yours closer to the end of the song, but it's kickass anyhow

blackmagician
10-19-2009, 02:51 PM
yeah no prob mate change it around as you like it, just an idea to get you set in a nice direction for the solo part.. i went for a "feely" part ;) anyhow, waiting for your crit

tiammetadeth
10-20-2009, 02:49 AM
nice job!
remind me a little of stratovarius stuff
i really enjoyed the vocal parts...
one thing i dont really like, is the repetition of the intro riff

just add a melodic solo like the one in "hunting high and low - stratovarius", and its done...

overall i give it 8.5/10

crit mine? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1217896