Money Talking (post-grunge, Nickelback inspired) (2009)

PDA

View Full Version : Money Talking (post-grunge, Nickelback inspired) (2009)

Tom Araya
10-12-2009, 04:49 PM
Hi everyone! I decided to write some Nickelback-ish stuff 0_o So..it's there :) It took me 'bout 2 hours to compose it. It's some easy-playing Drop C riffs (as Nickelback use) and a simple blues-ish pentatonic solo. Check it out and crit it please!

C4C as always!

Shustermeister
10-12-2009, 05:01 PM
Well though it is simpler, its still alot more thought than your standard Nickelback song. Has less of a generic feel. Not much to be said, pretty good song

Tom Araya
10-12-2009, 05:29 PM
Thanx for the crit!

plunkett
10-12-2009, 08:18 PM
pretty nice man, it is simple, but tastefully simple.

like above stated less generic than nickelback, and that's a good thing/

track122
10-12-2009, 10:13 PM
When I saw the Nickelback inspired part I have to say I wasn't expecting much. Nice song though man, definetly liked it more than Nickelback lol. The use of harmonics was pretty cool and prevented it from sounding too generic and you've got alot of nice catchy riffs in there. I thought the solo was good, really fitting to the song as if it was too technical it woud've sounded out of place. Good job.

Tomozaurus
10-13-2009, 03:10 AM
Really nice job. I too was unimpressed when I saw the Nickleback part, but was impressed with the song.
Pretty original sounding while still being traditional post-grunge. I like it.
The solo did fit really well, but maybe turn down the rhythm behind it. Also, I thought the harmonics sounded a little weird.
Other than that I wouldn't change a thing though.

Great work. 8.5/10

c4c? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1213800

Tom Araya
10-13-2009, 04:58 AM
I'm very appreciated for your criticism, dudes! More songs are yet to come!

Tom Araya
10-13-2009, 02:13 PM
Anyone else is interested? :(

huevos
10-15-2009, 05:47 AM
I hate you for your half-assed trolling, arrogance, and all around attention-whoring...

Anyone else is interested? :(

That happens to be against the rules. I won't report you.
That's not my style.

As for the song, it also doesn't happen to be my style, but it's about 99.9% better than anything Nickelback has produced. Kudos.
The simplicity is also appreciated, as it really emphasizes the groove. Solo was alright, if a little uninspired. o_0 0_O 0_o
Those faces are ****ing annoying too. Any time I see you, I'm gunna feel obligated to pelt you with them.
Anyway, this song is not bad. Nothing really much you can improve on upon if you're goal was to make something Nickelback inspired (by which you more than exceed in).
Don't take that in a sarcastic tone, as I'm serious. It's actually inspired to write in simpler, more emotive terms.

Tom Araya
10-15-2009, 10:46 AM
Thanx again :)

herby190
10-19-2009, 07:48 PM
I like it; it sounded good without getting overly complex. And I agree with what was said above; it's better than Nickelback. Overall, 8/10.

C4C? The link is in my sig.

Tom Araya
10-19-2009, 07:54 PM
Thanx