An Accolade to the Fallen [GP5]

PDA

View Full Version : An Accolade to the Fallen [GP5]

DragTheWaters11
10-13-2009, 04:47 PM
This is only a short, mainly acoustic instrumental written by me. I have yet to come up with more leads, which is this is only a work in progress. And I also acknowledge the acoustic at 1:46 / 22 is a little choppy due to the fact that it was near impossible to get GP5 to get it at the right place (I'm somewhat of a noob with it lol).

But I'm open for C4C and suggestions as to structure and other things but I'd like to note that there's no room for any verse-prechorus-chorus type things in this as I only want it to be a short piece. However, suggest these anyways if you want because if we decide to make it a longer piece some suggestions as to structure would be fine. :p:

ch715dallat
10-13-2009, 05:06 PM
for the second riff with the lead guitar, sorry but that sounds horrible, rea up on your theory a bit more, you have so many notes out of key it sounds awful.

for the 3rd riff that you said was choppy, its probably because you should have it at a different tempo, as it clearly doesnt fit right at that tempo in 4/4.

and again for the next part as you have that last hanging note whichruins the rhythm of the riff.

anyhoo, i dunno if you like progressive but maybe have a listen to my work in progress if you fancy
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1214549

:cheers:

DragTheWaters11
10-14-2009, 09:04 AM
It's alright. I know it's not that great, but the help with the choppy acoustic helps a lot. Thank you very much.

Would anyone like to comment on the acoustic? You didn't really say whether the acoustic sounded good or not.

blackmagician
10-14-2009, 12:47 PM
i would say its not that great, the lead that comes in with the guitar sounds bad to say the least, always check whether the note you are bending to fits within the scale. i liked the bars 14-21. not a big fan of the intro either.
crit mine? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1215060

Ulalume
10-15-2009, 05:07 PM
Its an average piece. The distortion guitar virtually serves no purpose. Aside from that, the acoustic guitar is arranged well; it just doesn't have much to it. Theres no real feel to it, no real melody. Occasional bits and pieces that are nice, but as an instrumental it just isn't memorable.