View Full Version : The Contortionist

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

GodofCheesecake
10-15-2009, 04:31 PM
Awesome music. FFO: BTBAM, After the Burial, Sumerian bands in general

http://www.myspace.com/thecontortionistband

MeltMyFaceOff
10-15-2009, 05:05 PM
Yeah these guys are from my home town (Indianapolis). I only discovered them last month though but I love them. They were supposed to play at this show I went a couple weeks ago but dropped themselves from it :(

nashawa
10-15-2009, 05:07 PM
I agree with your sentiment on the 1:53--4:46 part, but other than that, I'm not really blown away. They aren't a terrible band by any stretch, but they aren't spectacular...

GodofCheesecake
10-15-2009, 05:13 PM
^well, they have breaks like that in a lot of the songs, there's even an ambient section in Oscillator. But I guess the rest of the music is more my style than yours :shrug:

It's weird how much I like this band. Usually it takes me a few listens to get into anything, but I liked this music pretty much immediately. Just ordered the cd, it's only $7 plus shipping and they seem like they need the money. Also I'm definitely going to the show on the 30th.

nashawa
10-15-2009, 05:22 PM
^mhmm
True enough. Slightly too metallic for me, but I get why you like them.
Just not exactly my thing I guess...

GodofCheesecake
10-15-2009, 06:06 PM
Their older album sounds like more traditional deathcore, if that's more up anyone's alley. Specifically the songs Shapeshifter and Invalidation Waves.

nashawa
10-15-2009, 06:07 PM
I'll check it out then...

Hybrid_Xer0
10-15-2009, 09:59 PM
Everyone gets so excited about this band but I don't see it.

Has the album leaked yet?

GodofCheesecake
10-15-2009, 10:03 PM
Can't find it anywhere so I bought it. It's only $7.

What do you not like about it?

GodofCheesecake
10-20-2009, 09:17 PM
Apparitions leaked. Right after I ordered it, of course :rolleyes:

This stuff is awesome. I'm only a few songs in but already Infection sounds better than the version on their myspace. Can't wait until I get to Eyes: Closed. Also, for anyone who's heard Predator on the myspace, it's the album closer and it's 11 minutes long now.

We'realltoBlame
10-20-2009, 09:28 PM
They're from Indy which is really near me, but I never really listened to them until now. Silly me.

SeveredSurvival
10-20-2009, 11:09 PM
I just downloaded their little EP and I'm liking what they have to offer. Good find dudes.

GodofCheesecake
10-20-2009, 11:41 PM
I don't really like the EP haha. Get Apparitions! Different vocalist, significantly more proggrssive.

Okeefe Is Legit
10-20-2009, 11:57 PM
This band confuses me

I like to keep my ambient post rock separated from my deathcore :)

Okeefe Is Legit
10-21-2009, 06:42 PM
Come on man, where would we be today if nobody had ever combined genres? You and I sure as hell wouldn't be in this forum. :)

Yeah I guess. My main thing is I started getting into the ambience mood when all of a sudden the next breakdown comes in and clashes with it.

GodofCheesecake
10-21-2009, 06:45 PM
Listen to the song Oscillator then.

icedog41
10-21-2009, 08:25 PM
just Dled the album. If BTBAM and After The Burial mated, this band would be their spawn.

GodofCheesecake
10-21-2009, 08:45 PM
THAT explains why I like them so much! :p:

icedog41
10-21-2009, 08:53 PM
THAT explains why I like them so much! :p:
Do u happen to like Within The Ruins?

GodofCheesecake
10-21-2009, 10:57 PM
I think I've heard a song by them, liked it okay. Sounded very much like a Sumerian band. I doubt they can touch After the Burial or BTBAM though :p:

TheThirdCut
10-21-2009, 11:05 PM
I think I've heard a song by them, liked it okay. Sounded very much like a Sumerian band. I doubt they can touch After the Burial of BTBAM though :p:
What's this about the burial of BTBAM?! :cry:

Pretty cool band, though.

GodofCheesecake
10-21-2009, 11:09 PM
DAMMIT, you HAD to catch my tpyo, didn't you? :mad:

EDIT: lolololunintentionalirony

TheThirdCut
10-21-2009, 11:16 PM
:haha:

Deplorable
10-21-2009, 11:18 PM
Do these guys have an album?

GodofCheesecake
10-21-2009, 11:26 PM
Apparitions. There's a leak of it on Total Deathcore, I think. I would highly recommend it.

Deplorable
10-21-2009, 11:29 PM
Thank you very much good sir, i'll get it now

Deplorable
10-21-2009, 11:59 PM
Really, really liking this album, so awesome

edit: oops, sorry bout the double post

GodofCheesecake
10-22-2009, 12:01 AM
:cheers:

It filled the empty spaces in my life until I got my hands on TGM.

...Okay, so that's a bit melodramatic, but it's awesome music :D

Deplorable
10-22-2009, 12:08 AM
Oscillator and Eyes: Closed are amazing tracks

GodofCheesecake
10-22-2009, 12:29 AM
Dude, I know! I heard those two on their myspace and ordered the album almost immediately haha. Although at that point it hadn't leaked yet. :shrug: Oh well, it was only $7 and they seem like they need the money.

Deplorable
10-22-2009, 12:46 AM
I'd love to give them my money, but I don't have a credit card

GodofCheesecake
10-22-2009, 12:48 AM
They're currently touring if you live in the states. I plan on seeing them next week. If you live in a different country though I don't see them making it out there any time soon =/

Floyd93
10-22-2009, 12:49 AM
I love them. They remind me a bit of BTBAM.

Deplorable
10-22-2009, 12:49 AM
They're currently touring if you live in the states. I plan on seeing them next week. If you live in a different country though I don't see them making it out there any time soon =/

:haha: I live in Australia, the land that bands forget

GodofCheesecake
10-22-2009, 12:51 AM
:haha All right then...

Well hopefully they get signed to a label and start touring with BTBAM and After the Burial. Because that would be AWESOME.

Floyd93
10-22-2009, 12:59 AM
I posted that they reminded me of BTBAM without noticing that EVERYONE else said the same thing :haha

Something about their melodic parts reminds me of Explosions in the Sky.

Deplorable
10-22-2009, 01:00 AM
I posted that they reminded me of BTBAM without noticing that EVERYONE else said the same thing :haha

Something about their melodic parts reminds me of Explosions in the Sky.

OMG I thought that too, well more just Post-Rock, but still, part of the reason I liked it so much was because of this :D

GodofCheesecake
10-31-2009, 02:20 PM
Saw them last night in a tiny venue with about 30 people. And I got the feeling the majority of the other people were in the other bands that played before them...

AMAZING show though. They were dead-on musically, they had great tone, and they were really into it. They played a GREAT show. After the first two bands I was like "...did I really pay ten bucks for this?" but then The Contortionist played their set and I would've payed ten bucks just to see that set alone.

They played exclusively stuff off Apparitions, which is good because their old EP is meh. If I remember right they played:
Infection
Realms
Oscillator
Apparitions instrumental into Predator
Eyes Closed into Eyes Opened

So basically all of Apparitions out of order.

I talked to their singer (who is hilarious, by the way) afterward and asked him why they aren't signed. Some other dudes were there too and they were like "you should sign to Sumerian!" and he was just like "...nah" in a friendly way. Like, he had a joking manner but I could tell they're not interested in Sumerian, for some reason.

I seriously believe these guys have the talent and ability to be way bigger than they are now, though. They need to get signed and promoted. More people need to hear their music.

MustangMan311
11-01-2009, 12:35 PM
Me and Will went to BTBAM's CD release show last night in Asheville, NC, and the guys from the Contortionist were in the crowd. He talked to them and they said they skipped their show in Nashville to see BTBAM. Hahaha.

GodofCheesecake
11-01-2009, 04:11 PM
Yeah, that was pretty crazy. Like, after the show a ton of people were hanging out waiting to meet BTBAM and buy merch and stuff, and I was sitting with Cody and his girlfriend and then I saw the guitarist from The Contortionist walk by. He was wearing the same shirt he performed in the night before. And I just kinda stared at him and then turned to Cody and Emma and was like "...that was the dude from the Contortionist!" And then I saw them all later and walked up to them and was like "Dude, the Contortionist! I was at your show last night!"

So yeah, that was cool. I'm probably rambling but I'm still pretty tired from last night haha.

Floyd93
11-17-2009, 08:43 PM
I'm seeing them at the Emerson Theater in Indianapolis on December 19th

GodofCheesecake
11-17-2009, 11:17 PM
Enjoy, dude. They're pretty amazing live.

Okeefe Is Legit
11-22-2009, 06:28 PM
EDIT: Oh alright just making sure everyone has a chance to listen.

GodofCheesecake
11-22-2009, 06:39 PM
It's posted on total deathcore. You can't link directly to pirated music.

DestructoX
12-15-2009, 12:54 PM
Guitar pro tab for Oscillator: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/t/the_contortionist/oscillator_guitar_pro.htm

And my cover for Oscillator: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWKUg3aUzpc and for Predator: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJiGFQ3RuqY

Annihilator666
12-15-2009, 09:27 PM
Nice covers and tab man, I've got some parts figured out for Eyes: Closed but nothing worth tabbing yet.

Floyd93
12-16-2009, 10:57 AM
I can't wait until I see them on Saturday

GodofCheesecake
12-20-2009, 01:07 AM
Yeah? If they played anything like they did when I saw them, you witnessed a pretty flawless show. I hope more people showed up to yours than mine, though. They deserve a LOT more recognition, and there were only like 25 people when they played here.

Floyd93
12-20-2009, 01:12 AM
The crowd was pretty decent actually. As for the music, they were absolutely perfect. The crowd actually got pretty wild during their set. I wish they would come down here to my city sometime so I wouldn't have to travel 4 hours and stay at a hotel to see them. Totally worth it, though.

GodofCheesecake
12-20-2009, 01:16 AM
Damn, you did that just to see them? I hope they were headlining and there were at least a few other bands that interested you playing.

thecrowing33
12-20-2009, 02:55 AM
god this band is absolutely incredible. its basically a mix of two of my favorite bands: The Acacia Strain and BTBAM. eyes: closed is beautiful. im really surprised that they aren't signed either. im kinda pissed because they were at the local venue i go to with gwen stacy and i just went to see gwen stacy and i didnt know who the contortionist was. :facepalm:

GodofCheesecake
12-20-2009, 01:07 PM
Yeah, that's happened to me often enough that I usually check out bands I don't know well before a show if they're going to be there.

Floyd93
12-21-2009, 04:15 AM
god this band is absolutely incredible. its basically a mix of two of my favorite bands: The Acacia Strain and BTBAM. eyes: closed is beautiful. im really surprised that they aren't signed either. im kinda pissed because they were at the local venue i go to with gwen stacy and i just went to see gwen stacy and i didnt know who the contortionist was. :facepalm:

Haha you were there too? Mighty fine show.

thecrowing33
12-21-2009, 02:55 PM
Haha you were there too? Mighty fine show.

the one in nashville at rocketown, yes.

UntoExistence
12-28-2009, 11:54 PM
:haha: I live in Australia, the land that bands forget

you should stfu right now, you get spawn of possession next year haha:peace:

saxaxe
12-29-2009, 12:16 AM
Band's definitely good. Not spectacular, but a step ahead of most other deathcore bands.

GodofCheesecake
12-29-2009, 12:34 AM
You used to like more bands.

saxaxe
12-29-2009, 12:40 AM
Yea, I've been outrageously cynical in every respect lately. This may just be a part of that. I've been listening to a lot of really weird shit lately. Stuff like this just hasn't done it for me unless it's songs I already know. *shrug*

Beakwithteeth
12-29-2009, 12:41 AM
Wow this band is ****ing rad.

DestructoX
01-25-2010, 12:52 PM
I have posted a GP tab for Eyes: Closed waiting to be approved. Its not complete and not very accurate at all, but its the best I could do and unfortunately I do not have any time to fix it.

So if anyone wants to continue working on it, go ahead, just don't forget to give me credit.

sXe170
03-01-2010, 06:49 PM
I had no clue these guys already had a thread.

I'm not much into deathcore, but I have got to say, you do no know who these guys truly are until you see them live. MINDBLOWING! Luckily, they are from my hometown, and I got to see them for cheap. :D

ride-the-spiral
03-01-2010, 07:33 PM
I'd love to see them live. Apparition is one of my favourite deathcore albums.

Tallman
03-02-2010, 04:08 PM
End of Oscillator > Life

Pretty in Casts
04-17-2010, 12:20 PM
Badass band, from my home town, I hate deathcore for the most part, but I love apparition, not to big on the old album though, the new singer and new sound was definately a good decision. The singer also use to be in these bands which are pretty stellar! Check em out

www.myspace.com/summonthedestroyer

http://www.myspace.com/ishia

Heres the only video for the ishia band

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iCLlAhBVfA&feature=related

Floyd93
04-20-2010, 02:45 AM
I got to see them for the second time earlier this month in Brandenburg, Kentucky. They were actually headlining this time. They usually do these days. It's good to see this band making a name for themselves.

GodofCheesecake
04-20-2010, 03:04 AM
I wish they'd play here again, but it's a bit out of their way.

Definitely looking forward to their new material.

thecrowing33
07-05-2010, 08:54 PM
http://www.noisecreep.com/2010/06/18/the-contortionist-exoplanet-new-album/

I just saw this and i found it to be intriguing. Their new album has a set release date for August 31st. Has anyone heard any other work by Ken Susi of Unearth?

Floyd93
07-05-2010, 11:25 PM
I need to see this band again. They are spectacular live.

GodofCheesecake
07-06-2010, 02:10 AM
They absolutely are. I'm hoping their name gets out so that they can tour in a wider variety of states. I'm surprised they came here in the first place. There were only like 15 people at that show so I'm not surprised they haven't come back.

EDIT: Whoa, they ARE playing NC in August. Sweet.

synestershadows
07-06-2010, 03:10 AM
Wow just found out about these guys yesterday and they're simply amazing. Someone described them as: "If After The Burial Was A Super Smokin' Chick AndMisery Signal Was A Super Smokin' Chick, And Ion Dissonance Banged Both Of Them, And ONe Had A Boy And One Had A Girl, And They Mated And Made This." Eyes: Closed is my favorite song atm. Can't wait for Exoplanet.

MustangMan311
07-06-2010, 03:18 AM
...Sounds nothing like Ion Dissonance.

GodofCheesecake
07-06-2010, 03:24 AM
Actually I distinctly remember you accusing them of ripping off an Ion Dissonance riff once when we were listening to them in your truck.

synestershadows
07-06-2010, 03:26 AM
^Oh shit. You just got owned. Their odd timed breakdowns definitely remind me of Ion Dissonance.

MustangMan311
07-06-2010, 03:30 AM
Actually I distinctly remember you accusing them of ripping off an Ion Dissonance riff once when we were listening to them in your truck.
Yeah, I do too, but the Contortionist sounds nothing like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKeXCKueXws

synestershadows
07-06-2010, 04:19 AM
Yeah, I do too, but the Contortionist sounds nothing like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKeXCKueXws
I don't think anything could sound as awesome as the OASD breakdown. I still think ID had a bit of influence on TC.

sXe170
07-06-2010, 11:17 AM
Just an update on this band

Their newest album, Exoplanet, was produced by Ken Susi from Unearth. Not sure when the release date is, but I'm guessing sometime this fall. Also, they are playing songs from the new album at this some festival which I cannot remember the name of.

One last thing, they did get signed to Good Fight Music.

synestershadows
07-06-2010, 02:18 PM
^I think we cleared that up in the Mis Sigs thread. lol.

I can't wait to see how Ken Susi is as a producer.

Squifey
07-06-2010, 08:55 PM
Shapeshifter the song, is sofa king heavy. I find Apparition kinda boring to be honest.

synestershadows
07-06-2010, 09:27 PM
Shapeshifter the song, is sofa king heavy. I find Apparition kinda boring to be honest.
Wow just listened to it. Their old stuff was so much different. But, I definitely like Apparition more. They're definitely in a genre of their own.

UntoExistence
07-06-2010, 09:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zR2BboZeLEw
yep

thecrowing33
07-06-2010, 10:08 PM
Wow just listened to it. Their old stuff was so much different. But, I definitely like Apparition more. They're definitely in a genre of their own.

Yeah i really like Apparition a lot more than their old stuff. Like Nonmanual Dexterity, that song is ridiculous. It's like the perfect example of deathcore.

Squifey
07-06-2010, 10:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zR2BboZeLEw
yep
Lulz. I was too lazy to go to preview post and make it where it doesn't block the swear DX

synestershadows
07-07-2010, 01:26 AM
I loled at the guitar pros put up on the site. I mean I realize that these songs are rediculously hard to tab out but come on.

tancanada
07-07-2010, 01:49 AM
Seeing them with FTFD and Legend in August. Can't wait to 2-step with the big boys

thecrowing33
07-07-2010, 01:56 AM
Seeing them with FTFD and Legend in August. Can't wait to 2-step with the big boys

I just think it's ridiculous that Legend is opening for FTFD. I mean come on, the frontman in Legend used to be in FTFD. It reminds me of that shitty movie The Rocker where the drummer opened for his old band :shrug:

UntoExistence
07-07-2010, 01:58 AM
that is a pretty weird tour in that regard

synestershadows
07-07-2010, 02:31 AM
I just think it's ridiculous that Legend is opening for FTFD. I mean come on, the frontman in Legend used to be in FTFD. It reminds me of that shitty movie The Rocker where the drummer opened for his old band :shrug:
Seeing that FTFD is a way more well known name than Legend, it makes sense that FTFD is headlining. I'm going to the FTFD show on July 19th and I wish TC was playing. That would be awesome. But instead we get ToTA and I've wanted to see them live.

tancanada
07-07-2010, 03:19 AM
Seeing that FTFD is a way more well known name than Legend, it makes sense that FTFD is headlining.

I think he meant that since they're both basically the same band it's weird for one to open for another.
And I think it's odd too, didnt Legend's current vocalist hate everyone in FTFD and thats why he left? Plus Legend's current bassist is the ex bassist of FTFD and he left the band only like 2 months ago. I don't see how they get along at all :haha:

synestershadows
07-07-2010, 03:09 PM
I think he meant that since they're both basically the same band it's weird for one to open for another.
And I think it's odd too, didnt Legend's current vocalist hate everyone in FTFD and thats why he left? Plus Legend's current bassist is the ex bassist of FTFD and he left the band only like 2 months ago. I don't see how they get along at all :haha:
Oh yeah, I guess that would be kinda weird. I never knew he left cuz he hated the other guys in the band. And in one of Legend's studio updates, I see Joe wearing an FTFD shirt. I don't think there are any tensions between the bands. They probably get along fine.

GodofCheesecake
07-07-2010, 04:25 PM
The old EP is pretty awful. It sounds like Emmure. Might as well have been a completely different band.

And I thought they were headlining this tour?

thecrowing33
07-07-2010, 07:30 PM
The old EP is pretty awful. It sounds like Emmure. Might as well have been a completely different band.

And I thought they were headlining this tour?

I only wish. Valediction is what Relentless should've sounded like.

synestershadows
07-07-2010, 08:13 PM
I only wish. Valediction is what Relentless should've sounded like.
Relentless was a great album.

thecrowing33
07-08-2010, 12:07 AM
Relentless was a great album.

Yeah i love Relentless too, I just like Changes a lot more.

Rusted Dreams
07-12-2010, 12:00 PM
Off topic but I actually couldnt pick a favorite FTFD album. I love them and I don't say this about a lot of bands but all of their songs with the exception of a few sound the same to me. But that aside, solid band. Legend is tight too.

The Contortionist rules! Definately got their own sound for sure.

synestershadows
07-12-2010, 03:26 PM
Off topic but I actually couldnt pick a favorite FTFD album. I love them and I don't say this about a lot of bands but all of their songs with the exception of a few sound the same to me. But that aside, solid band. Legend is tight too.

The Contortionist rules! Definately got their own sound for sure.
I like your avatar!
<----
I still haven't listened to the whole album yet. How is it?

Also, when is Exoplanet coming out?

GodofCheesecake
07-12-2010, 03:33 PM
August 31st.

synestershadows
07-12-2010, 03:39 PM
August 31st.
Whoa you changed your pic! I was getting used to the BTBAM and pikachu thing.

Yeah i love Relentless too, I just like Changes a lot more.
I realize that both bands are influenced by BYD, but I feel like Changes and Relentless have way more originality than Valediction does. Changes and Relentless are both melodic while Valediction is just full of BYD heavy riffs.

Andrew/WK
07-14-2010, 07:41 AM
I like their post-rock bits or whatever there is, when the cleans come in from nowhere. It makes a nice change from having all chug chug deathcore.

thecrowing33
07-14-2010, 10:32 PM
August 31st.

Dude, the Dear Hunter is awesome.

GodofCheesecake
07-15-2010, 03:11 AM
:cheers:

GodofCheesecake
07-31-2010, 08:38 PM
A song from Exoplanet leaked on Total Deathcore, and I'm very impressed by it. It's also been announced that they're going to open for The Acacia Strain, The Red Chord, and Terror on a tour in October and November. If that doesn't come through NC I'll probably break everything.

Everything.

UntoExistence
07-31-2010, 09:14 PM
terror huh? the hell's up with them and touring in the "deathcore" scene?

GodofCheesecake
07-31-2010, 09:34 PM
I don't know but listen to the new song, dude. It's awesome.

tancanada
07-31-2010, 11:11 PM
It's also been announced that they're going to open for The Acacia Strain, The Red Chord, and Terror on a tour in October and November. .
:eek: :eek: :eek: NEED TO SEE

Floyd93
08-01-2010, 02:49 AM
A song from Exoplanet leaked on Total Deathcore, and I'm very impressed by it. It's also been announced that they're going to open for The Acacia Strain, The Red Chord, and Terror on a tour in October and November. If that doesn't come through NC I'll probably break everything.

Everything.

That's great! I'm glad to see this band getting recognition. They deserve it.

GodofCheesecake
08-01-2010, 02:45 PM
The breakdown at the very end of the new song reminds me of The Harbinger by Molotov Solution.

Still awesome, though.

synestershadows
08-01-2010, 03:03 PM
Listening to the song right now. I really like the new overall sound. And the added singing parts are really nice. Everything sounds a lot tighter than before which is awesome.

Annihilator666
08-01-2010, 04:20 PM
It's also been announced that they're going to open for The Acacia Strain, The Red Chord, and Terror on a tour in October and November.

WHAT!
If this tour doesn't come near me, which it probably won't, I'm traveling to go see it.

And new song sounds awesome, I have high expectations for Exoplanet.

synestershadows
08-02-2010, 05:47 PM
Anybody else getting more of a BTBAM vibe from the new song?

thecrowing33
08-11-2010, 06:21 PM
here's eyes:closed, just new lyrics and better sound quality. It's called flourish

http://www.noisecreep.com/2010/08/11/the-contortionist-flourish-song-premiere/

thecrowing33
08-11-2010, 06:24 PM
here's the other new song, primal directive: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_cl6GgjK84&feature=related

sXe170
08-11-2010, 06:39 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs280.snc4/40321_436293414520_93968654520_4626212_4031115_n.jpg

:headbang:

synestershadows
08-12-2010, 01:09 AM
here's eyes:closed, just new lyrics and better sound quality. It's called flourish

http://www.noisecreep.com/2010/08/11/the-contortionist-flourish-song-premiere/
this new version is not nearly as good as the other version. ruined it with the changed lyrics and vocal style. its actually pissing me off that they changed it so much.

Annihilator666
08-12-2010, 03:22 AM
It's going to take me awhile to get into the singing on Flourish. I'm used to vocals on Eyes: Closed and almost wish they kept it that way.

GodofCheesecake
08-12-2010, 01:17 PM
There are things I like about Flourish and things I definitely don't like. I don't really know how to feel about it. Oh well, at least I know I like their actual new material.

Floyd93
08-12-2010, 10:30 PM
I actually enjoyed Flourish quite a bit. The clean vocals in the middle gave me chills. I wasn't expecting to enjoy them.

GodofCheesecake
08-12-2010, 10:33 PM
Something about them sounded off. I don't know if it was the transition or the background, but something just wasn't right through that whole section and it bothered me.

Floyd93
08-12-2010, 10:37 PM
The transition from the breakdown to the clean vocals did sound pretty choppy, but I didn't pay attention until you pointed it out. And even if the vocals aren't perfect, nobody can deny that the middle few minutes of Flourish/Eyes are absolutely beautiful.

synestershadows
08-12-2010, 10:58 PM
Yeah to me it seems like the singing is off key or something. I said something about the lyrics on their facebook page and johnathan messaged me:
"real quick- just wanted to let you know a couple things in explanation of the new tracks.

Dave, who has been my good friend for over 4 years now...had some personal issues that unfortunately will keep him from being in the band. Legal and copyright issues would've been too complicated and detrimental to the band...so working from a clean slate, I am writing material that fits me and my voice.
My only request is that you wait until you have the album's lyrics in front of you and you check out everything before making any judgements.
thanks, Jonathan"

my reply:
"Yeah I mean, I loved primal directive but I just think that Eyes: Closed didn't need to be changed at all. I am really looking forward to the new album because I know you guys make incredibly awesome music."

his reply:
"yeah you are right..it def didnt need to be changed in the sense of me wanting to make it better..but like i said- theres all sorts of complications that are way over my head. in my opinion..the best thing for people to do that dont like the new versions of songs- is to just chill and realize that Dave and I both are totally different vocalists and that Apparition will always be available to anybody who prefers it. That being said- I really really think you're going to dig the new album."

I think it's funny that someone actually said that they turned into "genericore shit" on a youtube video. They changed a bit but they're far from "genericore shit." They're actually the least generic band in the genre.

GodofCheesecake
08-12-2010, 11:04 PM
I wouldn't go that far, but they're clearly not generic in any way. But dude, youtube comments? Really? Don't even take those remotely seriously.

synestershadows
08-12-2010, 11:27 PM
I wouldn't go that far, but they're clearly not generic in any way. But dude, youtube comments? Really? Don't even take those remotely seriously.
yeah i pretty much just ignored the dude. he's clearly an idiot.

Floyd93
08-14-2010, 02:32 AM
Obviously. Why is it that I rarely ever see people who actually know what they're talking about comment on videos?

nashawa
08-14-2010, 02:36 AM
Because those people probably can't be bothered to add their two cents knowing that no one really cares about their opinion.

Floyd93
08-14-2010, 02:40 AM
Nash do you ever feel like "that smart guy nobody listens to" in those ridiculous threads filled with strangers?

nashawa
08-14-2010, 02:42 AM
Yes. Yes I do.

Floyd93
08-14-2010, 02:46 AM
:hug:

nashawa
08-14-2010, 02:53 AM
I don't know what compels me to argue in threads I really don't care about. I guess it's not trolling if what I'm saying is factually correct, but it's definitely to get a rise out of people as well, so I dunno.

I think I just have a hard time accepting that the majority of the internet is ignorant to, well, basically everything.

Floyd93
08-14-2010, 02:54 AM
At least you can take comfort and knowing that somewhere along the line at least one person has probably been rescued from drowning in the sea of idiocy by one of your posts.

nashawa
08-14-2010, 02:57 AM
I'm basically a saint.

Floyd93
08-14-2010, 03:01 AM
Hardcore forum saint, eh? New user title in the works?

nashawa
08-14-2010, 03:03 AM
Too obvious. What about the patron saint of hardcore's most widely acknowledged/accessible emotion?

EDIT: I'm too tired to tell if that's funny or not.

Floyd93
08-14-2010, 03:18 AM
I chuckled.

synestershadows
08-14-2010, 04:09 PM
lol a bit off topic, i see...

nashawa
08-14-2010, 04:16 PM
That's how I do.

Obviously someone is unaware of my teachings.

synestershadows
08-14-2010, 11:36 PM
nah, i'm somewhat familiar with your methods.

nashawa
08-14-2010, 11:42 PM
Too obvious. What about the patron saint of hardcore's most widely acknowledged/accessible emotion?

EDIT: I'm too tired to tell if that's funny or not.
Hindsight: It's not.

UntoExistence
08-15-2010, 12:27 AM
yea i didn't laugh

nashawa
08-15-2010, 12:36 AM
Damn my 3am jokes!

Floyd93
08-15-2010, 03:01 AM
I enjoyed it late last night. I did not enjoy it the next afternoon.

nashawa
08-15-2010, 03:38 AM
I'll take what I can get.

ginger5138
08-16-2010, 01:01 AM
Just pre-ordered the new album. Can't wait!!

smokeysteve22
08-22-2010, 12:11 AM
:) Great band

AsILayDying05
08-23-2010, 05:54 PM
this band is really good. I can hear alot of Explosions In the Sky during there ambeint parts.

synestershadows
08-23-2010, 06:49 PM
Anybody hear of a band called Painted in Exile? They remind me a lot of The Contortionist.

tancanada
08-23-2010, 06:53 PM
Well considering they have a huge thread in this very forum, I'd figure at least a couple people have heard of them

Annihilator666
08-23-2010, 10:09 PM
Not sure if it was posted already, but here's the tracklisting for Exoplanet:
01. Primal Directive
02. Flourish
03. Expire
04. Contact
05. Advent
06. Vessel
07. Oscillator
08. Axiom
09. Exoplanet I: Egress
10. Exoplanet II: Void
11. Exoplanet III: Light

Advent, Oscillator and Flourish are all songs from Apparation that have been re-done. There might be another, but I haven't heard the entire album yet.

synestershadows
08-23-2010, 10:21 PM
Not sure if it was posted already, but here's the tracklisting for Exoplanet:
01. Primal Directive
02. Flourish
03. Expire
04. Contact
05. Advent
06. Vessel
07. Oscillator
08. Axiom
09. Exoplanet I: Egress
10. Exoplanet II: Void
11. Exoplanet III: Light

Advent, Oscillator and Flourish are all songs from Apparation that have been re-done. There might be another, but I haven't heard the entire album yet.
That's weird that they kept the name Oscillator even though the lyrics have been changed.

Annihilator666
08-25-2010, 02:54 PM
The last 3 tracks from the album are up here:
http://www.noisecreep.com/2010/08/25/the-contortionist-exoplanet-i-ii-iii-song-premieres/

By the way, the also re-did Infection for this album.

Pat_s1t
08-26-2010, 02:52 PM
I only just recently got into them like last week. New bands like this certainly spread quickly, don't they?

Annihilator666
08-27-2010, 03:30 PM
Exoplanet leaked.

synestershadows
08-27-2010, 03:40 PM
Contact is insane!

Annihilator666
08-27-2010, 03:50 PM
There's quite a few parts on this album that remind me of BTBAM.

synestershadows
08-27-2010, 05:23 PM
that's what i said right when they came out with primal directive.

Annihilator666
08-27-2010, 07:37 PM
I didn't really notice it until now. I really like the new version of Oscillator, the guitar tone is really nice.

SeveredSurvival
08-27-2010, 11:05 PM
The guitar tone on this album is absolutely superb. Great album, might be my favorite of 2010.

Kyle<3
08-27-2010, 11:27 PM
My scouring of the interwebs has not found this yet...

Hmmm

SeveredSurvival
08-27-2010, 11:29 PM
Go to google, type in The Contortionist, Exoplanet mediafire.

Amuro Jay
08-28-2010, 01:50 AM
I'm really liking this musically, but I can't get into the vocals.

synestershadows
08-28-2010, 02:18 AM
I'm really liking this musically, but I can't get into the vocals.
his highs are a bit raspy, but i can look past them.

Kyle<3
08-28-2010, 10:19 AM
Go to google, type in The Contortionist, Exoplanet mediafire.

First thing I did. Nothin.

UntoExistence
08-28-2010, 10:27 AM
if you type in contortionist exoplanet, the third result has a hotfile link

synestershadows
08-28-2010, 10:47 AM
First thing I did. Nothin.
it's on brokenoise.

SeveredSurvival
08-28-2010, 10:48 AM
Yeah, mediafires been acting strange lately.

MustangMan311
08-28-2010, 12:35 PM
0:21 in Expire is ****ing dirty!

Floyd93
08-28-2010, 03:02 PM
All I can say is wow. Exoplanet is definitely one of my favorite albums of 2010.

GodofCheesecake
08-28-2010, 03:25 PM
This album is absolutely amazing.

EDIT: Also, the part at 0:25 sounds like something Paul Gilbert would write if he wrote progressive deathcore. I don't know, I just get the same vibe from it that I get from Radiator or Hurry Up or something like that. Anyway, it's pretty awesome.

Floyd93
08-28-2010, 03:41 PM
Your progressive project is incredible.

GodofCheesecake
08-28-2010, 04:12 PM
Thank you, dude! :cheers:

ginger5138
08-28-2010, 06:05 PM
I pre ordered it... I've decided I'm not cheating.

GodofCheesecake
08-28-2010, 06:44 PM
I preordered it as well but I'm not perfect.

TheThirdCut
08-28-2010, 09:22 PM
:54 in Primal Directive is so SikTh.

synestershadows
08-28-2010, 10:44 PM
Egress has btBAM written all over it.

thecrowing33
08-28-2010, 10:56 PM
Egress has btBAM written all over it.

I was thinking the same exact thing. The snare tapping and the singing sounds a lot like tommy.

ginger5138
08-29-2010, 12:48 AM
I couldn't help myself, I had to listen to it and I have to say the new album is AMAZING! Best album of 2010. Done.

Amuro Jay
08-29-2010, 11:53 AM
I take back what I said about the vocals. It all fits. Album is so rad.

synestershadows
08-29-2010, 01:26 PM
It's seriously the best album of 2010. But of course, the UG fags will probably award A7X or some shit like that for best album of '10.

MustangMan311
08-29-2010, 01:28 PM
There are much better albums out there, but this album is pretty damn good.

thecrowing33
08-29-2010, 09:53 PM
I think they're my new favorite band. This is now one of my favorite albums ever.

ginger5138
08-29-2010, 09:56 PM
^ What he said.

tancanada
08-29-2010, 11:33 PM
It's seriously the best album of 2010. But of course, the UG fags will probably award A7X or some shit like that for best album of '10.

Everyone in the hardcore forum should team up with everyone in the deathcore thread and vote the shit out of Exoplanet when the end of the year rolls around.
Album is incredible.

SeveredSurvival
08-29-2010, 11:39 PM
Let's do it!

Kyle<3
08-30-2010, 12:04 AM

We're all UG fags. :(

-tempest-
08-30-2010, 09:21 AM
We're all UG fags. :(

naw some of us are just UGer's, not all of us are UG fags.

Kyle<3
08-30-2010, 11:08 AM
naw some of us are just UGer's, not all of us are UG fags.

Oh, okay. :shrug:

zezimathehero
08-30-2010, 03:02 PM
I refuse to do this because Exoplanet is not the best album of the year.

It is very good, but not the best.

SeveredSurvival
08-30-2010, 03:41 PM
I think I should listen to more albums that have come out this year before I make my final decisions.

synestershadows
08-30-2010, 03:50 PM

What do you think the best album of the year is?

SeveredSurvival
08-30-2010, 03:53 PM
Unlorja by Journal is a spectacular album and it came out this year.

zezimathehero
08-30-2010, 03:53 PM
Like sev said, I'm not making a final decision until the year is over, but at the moment I've got the La Dispute/Touche Amore split, the Comadre/Glasses split, Rosetta's new LP, Loma Prieta's new LP, United Nations EP, Option Paralysis, and Celeste's LP. For starters.

MustangMan311
08-30-2010, 03:56 PM

Truth.

tancanada
08-30-2010, 04:59 PM
Yeah, upon further revision there's a couple albums that will/have beaten it, oh well

SeveredSurvival
08-30-2010, 05:10 PM
I'm pretty sure there has to be hardcore releases this year.

tancanada
08-30-2010, 05:15 PM
Fuck hardcore.

MustangMan311
08-30-2010, 05:27 PM
11/3 at the Soapbox in Wilmington. Gonna **** shit up with The Acacia Strain, The Red Chord, Gaza, Terror, and the Contortionist.

SeveredSurvival
08-30-2010, 05:38 PM
Fuck hardcore.

Play nice, good sir.

tancanada
08-30-2010, 05:43 PM
Play nice, good sir.

Eh I just haven't heard any hardcore albums this year that would top this. Maybe the Touche/LD split does but I haven't been arsed to give it a listen

GodofCheesecake
08-30-2010, 05:44 PM
I haven't heard any hardcore albums that haven't bored the shit out of me.

MustangMan311
08-30-2010, 05:49 PM
^ He doesn't like hardcore, if you couldn't tell.

tancanada
08-30-2010, 05:52 PM
I haven't heard any hardcore albums that haven't bored the shit out of me.

What do you even listen to?
Besides BTBAM

SeveredSurvival
08-30-2010, 05:59 PM
GodofCheesecake actually has a pretty good taste in music. I don't know how hardcore can bore him though, the shows are so powerful.

GodofCheesecake
08-30-2010, 07:25 PM
What do you even listen to?
Besides BTBAM
The Acacia Strain, Misery Signals, The Dear Hunter, The Contortionist, etc. I haven't been to any hardcore shows but the music just doesn't interest me at all.

thecrowing33
08-30-2010, 07:27 PM
The Acacia Strain, Misery Signals, The Dear Hunter, The Contortionist, etc. I haven't been to any hardcore shows but the music just doesn't interest me at all.

It's worth it. The best hardcore show i've been to was Defeater. Incredible.

GodofCheesecake
08-30-2010, 07:36 PM
I've seen hardcore bands at shows before and wasn't impressed.

asator
08-30-2010, 07:46 PM
Yeah but you need to see good ones at good shows. And it's about 50% down to the crowd :p:

MustangMan311
08-30-2010, 08:09 PM
Yeah but you need to see good ones at good shows. And it's about 50% down to the crowd :p:
This. I know for a fact he's never seen a decent hardcore band, haha.

ginger5138
08-30-2010, 08:35 PM
The funnest part about hardcore shows is going crazy, unless it's like BTBAM, then I just listen to the boys do their stuff.

GodofCheesecake
08-30-2010, 09:08 PM
Whereas I can enjoy the bands I listed both on record and live, regardless of whether the crowd is as into it as I am. Although that does help.

Amuro Jay
08-30-2010, 09:32 PM
Come on, Will, you know this looks like fun:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEcbmVQAJFw

GodofCheesecake
08-30-2010, 09:55 PM
That happened when I saw The Red Chord and Knives Exchanging Hands' last show. Plus I actually enjoyed the music.

tancanada
08-30-2010, 11:04 PM
Touche Amore is really the only 'hardcore' band I can get into a lot, and their live shows look pretty damn fun

thecrowing33
08-30-2010, 11:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4ODT9SG7YE&feature=fvw
this.

Lappo
08-31-2010, 01:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rD1T4a7usZ8

pre-attackattack crabcore

howthefuk

synestershadows
08-31-2010, 04:04 PM
Strongarm, anyone?

GodofCheesecake likes Misery Signals, so I'm cool with him not getting into hardcore stuff.

tancanada
08-31-2010, 07:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rD1T4a7usZ8

pre-attackattack crabcore

howthefuk

Haters allllll over those comments :mad:

GodofCheesecake
08-31-2010, 09:12 PM
Sounds way more like Emmure than crabcore.

Lappo
08-31-2010, 09:28 PM
crabcore elements have to do with the movements, not the sound

but it does sound like emmure, good point

ginger5138
08-31-2010, 09:48 PM
I'm pretty sure that crabcore is just a term that someone made up anyway...

catalyst329
08-31-2010, 10:17 PM
I always thought crabcore was the same as trancecore

thecrowing33
08-31-2010, 10:43 PM
I always thought crabcore was the same as trancecore

I always thought crabcore licked scene kids' buttholes

synestershadows
08-31-2010, 11:19 PM
dude you're ****ing right.

tancanada
09-01-2010, 08:35 AM

I quite enjoy it when my sig gives me a rimjob, got a problem?!

synestershadows
09-01-2010, 01:54 PM
i like how you don't like crabcore, yet it's in your sig.

thecrowing33
09-01-2010, 09:32 PM
I quite enjoy it when my sig gives me a rimjob, got a problem?!

yes i do. It's quite possibly the worst subgenre of -core music. They look like they're performing a sledgehammer on a guy's butt.

tancanada
09-01-2010, 09:39 PM
i like how you don't like crabcore, yet it's in your sig.

Its colorful, so it helps me find my posts. :p:
And crabcore isn't an actual genre of music

thecrowing33
09-01-2010, 10:04 PM

Well, you get what i'm implying.

ride-the-spiral
09-04-2010, 11:54 AM
I think I may prefer Apparition...

ginger5138
09-04-2010, 01:05 PM
I think that during 0:53-1:15 of Flourish I think is better on Eyes: Closed of Apparition, but that's about it.

asator
09-04-2010, 01:31 PM
I think you should change what it says from time to time and see if people notice.

synestershadows
09-04-2010, 02:34 PM
I think that during 0:53-1:15 of Flourish I think is better on Eyes: Closed of Apparition, but that's about it.
I miss the "I'm sick of this shit" parts and the vocals right after the clean part. Besides that I'm okay with the changes.

ride-the-spiral
09-04-2010, 07:31 PM
I dunno I didn't really like the clean vocals on Flourish, I preferred the screams during that and the next melodic part. I would've preferred if they hadn't reworked those songs and had gone for an album which was independent of Apparition. Although Exoplanet doesn't feel too long, it doesn't that "short and sweet" feel that Apparition had.

But perhaps I just listened to Apparition too much and have to get used to Exoplanet.

Annihilator666
09-05-2010, 02:55 PM
I miss the "I'm sick of this shit" parts and the vocals right after the clean part. Besides that I'm okay with the changes.
I always end up yelling that when I'm listening to Flourish, then I sit down and go "Oh yeeeeeeah". I've gotten used to the clean vocals on that song now, so I love both versions equally.

SeveredSurvival
09-05-2010, 03:00 PM
I think the Clean vocals suit this band wonderfully.

Annihilator666
09-05-2010, 04:04 PM
The cleans in Flourish are the only ones I didn't like at first, but that was just because I was used to Eyes: Closed.

TheThirdCut
09-06-2010, 03:16 AM
I have a newfound love for these guys. Their two albums can't really be put above or below the other.
I love Apparition for the vocals (which were actually why I couldn't get into them initially :haha: )
and I love Exoplanet for the music (the lead at :38 in Realms NEEDS to be louder in the mix thus Advent).
But that doesn't mean I don't love the opposites, because I FUCKING DO.

ginger5138
09-06-2010, 04:02 PM
It took me a while to get used to Exoplanet, but now I love both Exoplanet and Apparition equally. And the different versions just took some getting used to since I've just listened to Apparition like a million times.

Erik_Aero
09-06-2010, 10:06 PM
I didn't listen to Apparition very much at all, but I recognize a few parts and I like the new versions better. Pretty awesome album doods.

TheJManSays
09-06-2010, 11:45 PM
Exoplanet is good but Flourish is the worst piece of shit I've ever heard, especially in comparison to Eyes: Closed. They killed the perfect production, killed the accentuations in the clean part, added really awful sounding harmonics, and most of all, killed the vocals. The entire song's vocals sound like a desperate attempt to copy Selkies. The vocal patterns are so ridiculously mundane I can't even believe the rest of the band okay'd them. It sounds like they're a band of YouTubers trying to cover their own song. Piss.

Sorry for the harshness. I love the rest of the album.

And I'm a little drunk.

synestershadows
09-07-2010, 12:02 AM
Exoplanet is good but Flourish is the worst piece of shit I've ever heard, especially in comparison to Eyes: Closed. They killed the perfect production, killed the accentuations in the clean part, added really awful sounding harmonics, and most of all, killed the vocals. The entire song's vocals sound like a desperate attempt to copy Selkies. The vocal patterns are so ridiculously mundane I can't even believe the rest of the band okay'd them. It sounds like they're a band of YouTubers trying to cover their own song. Piss.

And I'm a little drunk.

I get what you're saying...kinda. The "Endless Motion" part is really weird sounding. But I like all the added keys that they put in.

ginger5138
09-07-2010, 10:37 PM

And I'm a little drunk.

You mad?

SeveredSurvival
09-07-2010, 10:41 PM
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/7/70184/1220581-u_mad1_super.jpg

ginger5138
09-07-2010, 10:50 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/73/He_Mad.jpg

TheJManSays
09-08-2010, 01:31 PM
http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/3/3c/RAAAAGE.png

I mad.

synestershadows
09-08-2010, 03:51 PM
http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/3/3c/RAAAAGE.png

I mad.

iMad. Is that the new Apple product?

SeveredSurvival
09-08-2010, 11:36 PM
:haha :haha

tancanada
09-09-2010, 12:07 AM
http://i52.tinypic.com/snm0qf.jpg
:shrug: iTried.

Floyd93
09-09-2010, 01:05 AM
:golfclap:

synestershadows
09-09-2010, 01:45 PM

iThinkYouNeedToTakeSomeLessonsWithPhotoshop

-tempest-
09-09-2010, 01:54 PM
iLOL'd

synestershadows
09-09-2010, 02:25 PM
you gotta use clone stamp instead of just whiting out the "iPad" part.

Nakedbythecomp
09-09-2010, 02:35 PM
you gotta use clone stamp instead of just whiting out the "iPad" part.

This.

It's pretty simple, and makes things look wayyyyy better.