Some metalcore/mathcore for you

PDA

View Full Version : Some metalcore/mathcore for you

JackBowen
10-15-2009, 04:41 PM
rip it to sh!t/compliment it, cheers

Deece
10-15-2009, 04:50 PM
Not really my style. Not really anything new from what ive heard. quite like the 6 guitar tracks at the end though.

warlockboy
10-15-2009, 04:56 PM
nice and melodic I like it. Is the tunning drop B im not really familiar with low tunings other than drop c and d

JackBowen
10-15-2009, 05:04 PM
cheers, spose it dosnt really fit into a specific genre at least...

and yeah its drop B

21Fretter
10-15-2009, 06:43 PM
Really didn't like the harmonizing in the intro.

Didn't like the return to the intro rif***e at bar 25. I already felt you were starting to overuse the picking ideas. I think you can stop with the overlaying picking from bar 19. That little break right before makes me feel as if everything before was part of the intro and now you are getting properly into the verse.

Bar 40: Remove the last strum from each riff. I did it and it transitions a lot nicer for me into the next riff compared to how it was or maybe even find a chord with some finality if you know what i mean. That would work even better (while removing one of the strums as well) imo.

Besides those few things i liked it and it's wasn't a text-book metalcore song imo.

ch715dallat
10-15-2009, 07:18 PM
really liked this song actually, as soon as bar 5 hit with the harmonised stuff it. really liked the chug stuff too but try to mix it up with less triplet chugging in the rhyths.

the chords used at 53 on were sick too, i love extended chords, use them all the time in my stuff. really nothing to complain about here, get it finished. although you called it mathcore in the title and there were no tempo changes, different time signatures or polyrythms or anything :confused:

anyhoo i cant really add anything too it, if you could check out my work in progress and tell me what you think that would be cool, same kinda style as yours but more mathy
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1214549