Perfect Failure (GP5/GP4/MIDI)C4C

PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Failure (GP5/GP4/MIDI)C4C

TooLz
10-16-2009, 08:33 AM
I've been working on this song for a long time. Its a progressive song, definitely metal influenced but not entirely. I used a gypsy/hungarian scale for the beginning leads and the rest was off the top of my head, oh except for the picking during the intro (track1) thats part of a song I wrote awhile back. Not completely happy with it but I'm sick of working on it and need some feedback so let me know what you think. C4C of course.

blackmagician
10-16-2009, 10:22 AM
well, to begin with, i quite liked the song. the intro part is good to being with, the lead guitar (bars 8-10) gave me goosebumps with some weird scary feeling, (it means its great!), the bass is very good but consider changing bars 22 & 24 to something easier rather or else your bass player will find it very difficult to play, overall the intro picks up quite nicely with the rhythm guitar and clean guitar but when the electric lead comes in, i would prefer if you make the drums kick in from there as it kinda sounds empty to me. the lead sounds good but has an empty feeling rather. the way the power chord section kicks in is awesome, but i would say you can work on the drums from there on, the harmonized lead is good. did i say how big a fan i am of that rhythm section? its awesome. i loved the slow down lead too and the drums here are good. after the rhythm here it started sounding a bit strange to me ( maybe we are not hearing it the same way, bars 136-148) the closing lead is a bit reminiscent of iron maiden (on the song the nomad) and is very good. maybe a better outro?
crit mine? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1216197

Jarusafes
10-16-2009, 10:46 AM
This is very nice. Very strangely structured but I liked it. The lead that came in at bar 15 was surprisingly good and that F that kept repeating sounded nice. I didn't really like the riff at bar 19 though, the dissonance just caught me off guard. Then comes the solo which is awesome. The whole solo was really good and the backing guitar sound pretty cool. The dive back into the main riff made a great transition. I love the drums that start at bar 79 and the change from every quarter note to every third beat on the cymbal sounded great. Bars 89 - 94 were probably my favorite part. The bass behind the insane guitar riff and the contrast of the very simple drums was sweet. The lead starting at bar 103 was cool but I think the drums could be a little more complex there. Ah, the part 136 to 148 was so cool. It almost sounded like sludge/drone metal for a second. The solo at the end was alright but the riff at bar 156 was exceptional. All the instruments sounded great only the drums could be a little more complex as said before.

Overall 9.5/10

C4C? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=21936366#post21936366

velocet
10-16-2009, 11:26 AM
This was ****ing rad man, I'm very impressed.

TooLz
10-19-2009, 01:31 AM
P.S if you dont have Gp4 dont use RSE because it wont sound right, just use MIDI but for GP5 use RSE....srry to post on my own thread but i forgot to put it in my original post

piratemetalhead
10-19-2009, 01:38 AM
I actually reallly liked the spanish-sounding parts. If it was done with real guitars, it would sound amazing :D

I like the intro a bit more the heavy parts, though, but that's because it's great.

camrawrs
10-19-2009, 11:15 AM
Pretty good song and it flows really smoothly. The only thing that I don't really like is the harmonizing 32nd note part. That was just kind of random, didn't make much sense to me. The rest of the song is really solid, I like the intro's solo a lot as well.

Victor V.
10-19-2009, 01:16 PM
On bar 12, last notes, you can use a trilled quarter note instead of all those thirty-second. Just select a quarter note on fret 14, click the trill button (tr) and set the trill fret to 15, thirty-second note. (Printscreen of how it is done: http://img193.imageshack.us/i/44722230.png/)

It sounds the same, but the readability as sheet music is enhanced.

I like the solo a lot, and was actually disappointed when the solo was ending, because damn, I wanted to hear it again.

TooLz
10-20-2009, 10:26 PM
On bar 12, last notes, you can use a trilled quarter note instead of all those thirty-second. Just select a quarter note on fret 14, click the trill button (tr) and set the trill fret to 15, thirty-second note. (Printscreen of how it is done: http://img193.imageshack.us/i/44722230.png/)

It sounds the same, but the readability as sheet music is enhanced.

I like the solo a lot, and was actually disappointed when the solo was ending, because damn, I wanted to hear it again.

Thanks for the help man, I never even noticed the trill button before.