Hard Rock with Proggroove influences. (WIP/GP5/C4C)

PDA

View Full Version : Hard Rock with Proggroove influences. (WIP/GP5/C4C)

MadAudioMan
10-17-2009, 03:58 AM
Just my latest WIP, its a somewhat proggy, somewhat groove-oriented, somewhat RATM-esque song. And before anyone mentions them, yes there are some abrupt changes, and I like them that way. So don't bother saying they suck.

Also, some drum parts are missing, sorry :(

EDIT: Newer version up. I've got a second chorus put on. And added some drums here and there.

EDIT mkII: An even newer version is up! Except for a few breaks and the first verse, most of the drums are done. And the song has an ending. Its a 3:30 long prog song, go figure XD

I'm going to start a firestorm of reviews, I needz moar critz!

EDIT mkIII: GP4 version up, for those without GP5.

Martindecorum
10-17-2009, 04:09 AM
sounds kinda porcupine treeish

nice intro, and main riff it will sound a lot better when complete, with full drums, but good work

blackmagician
10-17-2009, 04:38 AM
its pretty good. intro is nice but maybe a bit long . verse riff is good and yeah has a somewhat ratm feel to it, i bet it will sound great with the full drums. pre chorus is fine, chorus sounds good too. i like the way the drums take the song to verse 2. i liked verse 2. not much there to crit more.
crit mine?
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1216197

MadAudioMan
10-17-2009, 10:00 PM
Thanks for the crits. Martin, do you have a song for me to C4C? If so, just PM me. Also, I was indeed inspired by Porcupine Tree. Aswell as Tool, Rush and the Verse 2 riff is inspired by an early At The Gates song. Though the context of the riffs makes them sound completely different.

zachary-tfn
10-25-2009, 07:48 AM
Ah, dude, I wanna crit your song, but I have... A not too legal version of GP.
Could you post a GP4 file?
Thanks.

MadAudioMan
10-25-2009, 10:32 PM
XD, lets just say I don't have a perfectly acceptable version either, anyways, yeah, let me go get a GP4 file up.