The aftermath - Genre unknown [MIDI]

PDA

View Full Version : The aftermath - Genre unknown [MIDI]

zezikaro
10-18-2009, 07:27 PM
Hey, i'm not 100% sure if this song sounds good.

To me, it does. But i've sent it to someone and they said it hurt their eyes. So let's see xD

Thanks if you can give crit;

zezikaro
10-19-2009, 03:07 AM
Would be a pleasure if someone can listen to it and comment.

zezikaro
10-19-2009, 01:53 PM
Is no one replyig because it's not in guitar pro format?

21Fretter
10-19-2009, 03:24 PM
It is a bit harder to crit when it isn't in tab format.

I thought it wasn't bad. I didn't like the rhythm guitar though when you brought in the lead (presuming it's in drop D?), some of the open string chords should be held for two bars and not played at each bar imo. The transition into the guitar only section wasn't great.

zezikaro
10-19-2009, 04:35 PM
It is a bit harder to crit when it isn't in tab format.

I thought it wasn't bad. I didn't like the rhythm guitar though when you brought in the lead (presuming it's in drop D?), some of the open string chords should be held for two bars and not played at each bar imo. The transition into the guitar only section wasn't great.

Thanks for the reply, i've added the tab for you to look at ;o!

It's in D standard, and i'll change the chord like you said. Thanks;

xbitmetal
10-19-2009, 06:06 PM
I would gladly want to see tabs in gp4 format.

21Fretter
10-19-2009, 06:22 PM
Now that's much better! :) It seems my musical ears aren't too great :P

So ja, at those bars with two D minor chords, i think just hold the first D minor for the full bar.

That transition can be improved a lot very easily, literally just include the synth in bar 17 in any fashion imo. I just added a D minor into bar 17 and held it for the bar and it worked a lot better for me. Another idea is, you could arpeggiate the chords from bars 16 and 17 of the lead guitar (basically follow the ending progression).

zezikaro
10-19-2009, 07:29 PM
Do you mean D major btw? :P
DMajor5 ?

Edit:

GP4 added :P