(Progressive Metal) For God and Country (MIDI, GP4 + GP5) C4C

PDA

View Full Version : (Progressive Metal) For God and Country (MIDI, GP4 + GP5) C4C

LucasGtrGod
10-20-2009, 09:09 AM
Hi all

This here is a new song that I just finished not long ago, and I must say I am very, very happy with it.

Feel free to provide any feedback.

Thank you.

ch715dallat
10-20-2009, 11:40 AM
good intro, love jarring time sigs like that, and good extended chords used. the next section was cool, but the lead riff wasnt very exciting, i liked the timing but the notes used were just... meh.

the part kicking in at 16 was sick tho, and the following part with the lead over it. but the transition after that leading into the fast deathcore style riff wasnt my cup of tea. it just seemed really out of place (i know its prog but it was just out of place)

the following deathcore style riffs were sick tho, i especially liked the part at 62 and 63, quality stuff. and the transition from that section into the slower section later was perfect.

the section from 96 was pretty cool, and once the 3rd giuitar entered with the chugs it was real good.

the chugged poart with the clean guitar was also excellent and then the climactic chorus part was also nice and epic, the transition lead part from 120 was pretty bad tho, you should definitely go over that part again with a different lead as the one you hgave was pretty forgetable.

the deathcore riffs again at the end were without fault, really good rif***e.

overall its just a few leads and transitions that i could fault, just needs a bit of touching up and its a quality song ready for recording.

mind checking out my work in progress prog/mathcore song,
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1214549

:cheers:

Veil Of Osiris
10-21-2009, 05:41 PM
Thanks for the crit.

The intro made good use of odd time sigs.

I didn't like the random chord at the end of bar 56.

83-87 was amazing.

The 7/8 section at 140 didn't really flow.

The ending was fantastic.

9/10.

Can you actually play all of this? Kudos to you if you can.

LucasGtrGod
10-21-2009, 11:13 PM
Thanks for the crit.

The intro made good use of odd time sigs.

I didn't like the random chord at the end of bar 56.

83-87 was amazing.

The 7/8 section at 140 didn't really flow.

The ending was fantastic.

9/10.

Can you actually play all of this? Kudos to you if you can.

Yeah man, the only part that is a bit tricky is the chord bit from bar 83 to 87.

And CH17 I will get round to listening to yours, jsut been really busy lately.

DarK666SiM
10-22-2009, 10:56 PM
Critiquing as i listen: The intro is awesome, the tempo change at 16 gives a nice kick. I don't like the small solo from 28 to 35 though. The next fast riff is crazy, the drumming is insane! at 77 and 79 the dissonant chord don't really fit the riff. The next part is flippin sweet! until 108 I like it a lot but I don't like when the second guitar comes in. 108 to 119 is really god and the small solo after kicks ass. The rest is really aggressive, how I like it. Overall, it's a pretty solid song! The only part I would change if i were you would be the ending, you could sometime change the D power chords under the ''lead'' part, would be awesome!
You can check out my songs : http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1218854 and comment please!

TubeAmp89
10-23-2009, 04:49 PM
SERIOUSLY crazy technical stuff man!!
I loved the overall feel of the song, I like crazy tech sh*t i guess!
Intro riff sounds KILLER. So is the drumming. One thing I noticed is that you have some pretty wide stretches in some places. Changes in time signatures are damn good. And the overall level of skill required to play this is very very high, so hats off to you if you can actually nail this!! Sweet lead work too.
Note choices weren't too great, Could have been more musical..I mean, sounds too random in a few places. Also in your tab, you left some bars incomplete(just an fyi thing..doesnt make much of a difference though..). The first solo isn't that great.

Ending hit me STRAIGHT in the nuts.

Overall, the song is fcking DYNAMITE :D

(possibly due to my love for progressive stuff..) You guys are damn good!

crit my song please

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1219917