what grinds my gears

PDA

View Full Version : what grinds my gears

XpromiseskeptX
10-20-2009, 11:00 PM
maybe its just me but the term hardcore music is almost meaningless to people today. i look and see threads in the hardcore forum about bring me the horizon nad what not, definatly not hardcore. i want to talk about comeback kid, and have heart, not oceano. and thats what really grinds my gears.

MustangMan311
10-20-2009, 11:03 PM
Nice. Anyone else care? *Crickets*

alm0st a skat3r
10-20-2009, 11:04 PM
^nope

IcePh0enix
10-20-2009, 11:07 PM
This forum is designated for pretty much any band that falls under the category of 'core, including metalcore, deathcore, and grindmygearscore. About 3/4 of the regs here are real hardcore fans. Now go back to listening to your Champion discography and don't worry about the loads of problems UG has.

GodofCheesecake
10-20-2009, 11:08 PM
Dude, it's not that people "don't respect the term hardcore" or whatever, it's that this is the only forum we're allowed to discuss metalcore and deathcore in. The majority of us have common sense and KNOW that those bands aren't hardcore. We're not pretending they are. If you want to complain about it that badly, do so to the administrators of UG who decided to put the "core" genres together in one forum.

XpromiseskeptX
10-20-2009, 11:10 PM
im new to UG, i thought deathcore, and metalcore had their own forums. i didnt know that this was all -core bands, sorry for the confusion, i also was not not ripping on any of those bands

MustangMan311
10-20-2009, 11:26 PM
im new to UG, i thought deathcore, and metalcore had their own forums. i didnt know that this was all -core bands, sorry for the confusion, i also was not not ripping on any of those bands
It's all good- Most of the deathcore / metalcore fans don't like BMTH, anyway. And usually, deathcore is kept in the metal forum.

Okeefe Is Legit
10-20-2009, 11:26 PM

It's all good. Give respect to core bands and we'll give respect to you're bands.

I'm actually really happy that all the -core bands are in one forum. It keeps this subforum interesting.

EDIT: and while I don't really listen to BMTH much anymore, I gotta love them for opening doorways to the deathcore genre.