Easy/Intermidate/Hard metalcore bands?

PDA

View Full Version : Easy/Intermidate/Hard metalcore bands?

teh_guitard00d
10-21-2009, 06:45 PM
What are some bands that are considered metalcore and on those levels? Also, are there any exercises that help with playing metalcore in general?

Okeefe Is Legit
10-21-2009, 06:48 PM
easy: the devil wears prada
intermediate: august burns red
hard: protest the hero

GodofCheesecake
10-21-2009, 06:50 PM
I think it would help YOU more if you told us which level in particular you're looking for, so we could recommend songs or band that play at that particular level. As for exercises, my advice would simply be to play the songs or riffs you enjoy.

thesceneislame
10-21-2009, 06:52 PM
easy: a day to remember, as i lay dying
intermediate: some some august burns and mychildren mybride
hard: between the buried and me

deafening
10-21-2009, 06:52 PM
As I Lay Dying is like a foundation of metalcore playing (Albums before 'An Ocean Between Us' are more metalcore)

August Burns Red is much tougher for the most part

Those two should keep your metalcore needs satisfied

bloodlust_panda
10-21-2009, 07:00 PM
Its not metalcore BUT -Bed of Razors
Yeah the best rule for getting better in my opinion is just doing a chromatic run on the low E to high E, so E-1234 A-1234 and so on

Veil Of Osiris
10-21-2009, 07:20 PM
Easy-
As I Lay Dying, The Devil Wears Prada, Bleeding Through, Bullet For My Valentine, Haste The Day, Killed The Prom Queen, In This Moment, Killswitch Engage, Parkway Drive.

In between- War of Ages, Unearth, For The Fallen Dreams.

Intermediate-
August Burns Red, For Today, Lamb of God, Misery Signals, A Plea for Purging, Trivium.

Hard-
Between The Buried And Me, Oh Sleeper, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Into The Moat, Protest the Hero, The Human Abstract, Iwrestledabearonce, Sikth.

Not all of those bands fit perfectly into metalcore (especially those named as "hard"), but it might be what you are looking for.

Okeefe Is Legit
10-21-2009, 07:50 PM
Its not metalcore BUT -Bed of Razors
Yeah the best rule for getting better in my opinion is just doing a chromatic run on the low E to high E, so E-1234 A-1234 and so on

That'll make you good at doing 4 picks every string fast, but not much else. Learning riffs from songs is much better since you learn to master different picking patterns.

GregMisiakk
10-21-2009, 07:52 PM
protest the hero is just progressive rock.
as for metalcore :
easy: hatebreed
intermediate: emmure
hard: unearth

Then again, everyone has a different definition of everything, ever.

GodofCheesecake
10-21-2009, 07:58 PM
protest the hero is just progressive rock.
Except not really.

nashawa
10-21-2009, 08:22 PM
Except not really.
Do you really need to argue?
Look at the bands he posted: he obviously doesn't know what he's talking about

icedog41
10-21-2009, 08:39 PM
easy: As I Lay Dying
Medium: Protest The Hero
Hard: Within The Ruins

GodofCheesecake
10-21-2009, 08:42 PM
Do you really need to argue?
Look at the bands he posted: he obviously doesn't know what he's talking about
:haha

Excellent point, I actually didn't pay that much attention at first because I was too busy disagreeing with the first sentence.

EDIT: ^WTR more technical than PTH? I think not.

icedog41
10-21-2009, 08:55 PM
^ you could argue that. But im biased towards WTR lol.

Floyd93
10-22-2009, 12:55 AM
intermediate: emmure

Yep, there's the problem.

http://baltimorecollision.com/repair-mechanic.jpg

Amuro Jay
10-22-2009, 01:57 AM
AILD pre-AOBU is really easy. But AOBU has some pretty tough solos, even some of the riffs are at least on the intermediate level.

And Parkway Drive, while incredibly simple, have a few songs which require extremely fast downpicking.

nashawa
10-22-2009, 02:04 AM
easy: the devil wears prada
intermediate: august burns red
hard: protest the hero

ha! first reply and it's more or less a definitive list
that doesn't happen often

good show, sir

xRenegadEx
10-22-2009, 02:51 AM
The most you need to know has been posted ,but I figured I would give my 2 cents some bands I find are easier than others ,but other people disagree.

Easy: The Devil Wears Prada, We Came As Romans, Watchout Theres Ghost, Blessthefall(all those similar bands)

Intermediate: Return From Exile, Heaven Shall Burn, Misery Signals, Architects(UK), Knives Exchanging Hands.

Hard: Shai Hulud, Converge, Botch, Meshuggah(not metalcore at all ,but you can figure out some crazy rhythms while playing around with there stuff), After The Burial, Veil Of Maya, The Number 12 Looks Like You

At the end of the day you should probably just find your favorite bands and try to learn those riffs under the genre.

Valderama
10-22-2009, 12:33 PM
Easy: AILD, KSE, BFMV

Intermediate: Architects (new stuff), August Burns Red, Oh Sleeper, Trivium

Hard: Architects (Ruin and Nightmares), +1 to Meshuggah, Veil of Maya, PTH, N12LLY.

punkforlife93
10-22-2009, 04:09 PM
Easy: The Devil Wears Prada, Underoath, Enter Shikari
Intermediate: The Fall of Troy, Dance Gavin Dance, Chiodos
Hard: Between the Buried and Me, Protest the Hero, Knives Exchanging Hands

3rdActguitarist
10-22-2009, 04:26 PM
Easy: Attack! Attack!, Asking Alexandria, The Devil Wears Prada (although the new album is a tad bit harder to play), blessthefall, Alesana, Bring Me the Horizon, Parkway Drive

Intermediate: August Burns Red, Sea of Treachery, Conducting From the Grave, Born of Osiris, Job For a Cowboy, Underoath (their chords are really weird and take some getting used to)

Hard: BTBAM, Within the Ruins, Veil of Maya, The Faceless, The Human Abstract, Wretched

Okeefe Is Legit
10-22-2009, 08:03 PM
Easy: Attack! Attack!, Asking Alexandria, The Devil Wears Prada (although the new album is a tad bit harder to play), blessthefall, Alesana, Bring Me the Horizon, Parkway Drive

Intermediate: August Burns Red, Sea of Treachery, Conducting From the Grave, Born of Osiris, Job For a Cowboy, Underoath (their chords are really weird and take some getting used to)

Hard: BTBAM, Within the Ruins, Veil of Maya, The Faceless, The Human Abstract, Wretched

Underoath and BMTH definitely need to be switched. Although really creative, UO's riffs are painfully simple. On the other hand, CYB has some pretty difficult riffs in it.

Valderama
10-23-2009, 06:31 AM
^ +1.
If only BMTH had UO's creativeness :p:

Veil Of Osiris
10-23-2009, 06:21 PM
I think it depends; some one who has difficulty doing tougher chords would probably have a harder time playing Underoath.

Valderama
10-23-2009, 06:50 PM
I think it depends; some one who has difficulty doing tougher chords would probably have a harder time playing Underoath.
Yea thats what I meant. Funky chords wouldn't have really worked on BMTH's CYB.

Also, whoever said Parkway Drive are easy, I duno man, Breaking Point? I've yet to see anyone play it even near perfectly.

~Max~
10-24-2009, 07:12 AM
^ Hmmm... he raises a good argument, lol. I think Breaking Point goes into its own on a higher level :D

Valderama
10-24-2009, 01:18 PM
^ Hmmm... he raises a good argument, lol. I think Breaking Point goes into its own on a higher level :D
Yep, it's easily the hardest Parkway Song, whereas the rest are pretty easy.