[GP4/GP5/MIDI] At Least You Tried, Right? [Alt Rock] [C4C]

PDA

View Full Version : [GP4/GP5/MIDI] At Least You Tried, Right? [Alt Rock] [C4C]

Msu_Man04
10-23-2009, 12:41 AM
Woo! Another song!

I haven't worked on much in months, actually.

Anyhow, this is an unfinished song sorta based along the lines of Fall Out Boy, or Sum 41, or... Heck, I dunno. Whatever it is.

It ends sorta abruptly. I just started today and got it up to the first chorus, which took forever to think out, lyrics included. I have other guitar parts in mind that I haven't implemented yet, but I'll be sure to do so when I get to that part in the song.

Anyhow, C4C for what is there, feel free to speak your minds.

Best listened to with the RSE on in GP5, since that's how I made it, but I tried to adjust the volume for the MIDI. The lead guitar might not be loud, I was having problems with that before.

I'd like if you could critique the lyrics too, I like putting effort into those as well. I included them in a text file for if you don't have Guitar Pro.

Enjoy, T&C.

NOTE: The four side-sticks before the tempo change in the beginning would be the vocalist or someone going "One, two, three, for!" or something... basically something vocal would be said there if it were recorded, in my world.

And at the end, that last vocal note that slides up, would be the word "Right?" being like... spoken, like a question, that's why it ends rising.

Bah. Sorry, I'm ranting. I'm excited. XD.

EDIT: Updated version a few posts down!!!

herby190
10-23-2009, 08:02 AM
I like it. :D
The lead guitar work gives a pretty happy feel.
The lyrics aren't exactly breaking new ground, but they're pretty good.
All the changes in the time signature still feel natural.
I'd say for the second verse, you can use the same instruments, and probably the same vocal melody, as long as you change the lyrics.

C4C? The link is in my sig.

21Fretter
10-23-2009, 09:03 AM
Awesome :D

I would suggest though at bar 12 to add something guitarwise and at bar 50 i was expecting some vocals kinda like what you did at bar 52 (right at the end)

+1 to the lead work and the vocal melody was solid.

Msu_Man04
10-23-2009, 01:04 PM
Thanks for the crits, guys.

I did the second verse, second chorus, and a small bridge part for now [the guitar part in the bridge is the one that gave me the idea for the song. XD]. Lyrics are in the .zip this time, yadda yadda.

Still C4C of course.

Enjoy!

mxrider139
10-23-2009, 09:32 PM
it was pretty good, not very fast tempo for alternative punk. but ok
I liked the lyrics they were alot like sum 41 and i love his lyrics.
next time u should add the lyrics to the song though, makes it sound alot better.
I like this song much better than some of those really death metal songs that suck a$$

Im a very big punk fan so plzzz check out mine, (emo-pop-mosh) is my sound
no rse
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1188283
c4c or
just sent me a message of what you thought of it,thx

Msu_Man04
10-23-2009, 10:56 PM
it was pretty good, not very fast tempo for alternative punk. but ok
I liked the lyrics they were alot like sum 41 and i love his lyrics.
next time u should add the lyrics to the song though, makes it sound alot better.
I like this song much better than some of those really death metal songs that suck a$$

Im a very big punk fan so plzzz check out mine, (emo-pop-mosh) is my sound
no rse
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1188283
c4c or
just sent me a message of what you thought of it,thx

Thank you. What do you mean "add the lyrics to the song though, makes it sound alot better?"

I put the lyrics in the song, they're on the vocal track. The text file is for people who only could listen to the MIDI.

JesseBlanchard
10-24-2009, 12:57 PM
Intro sounds very fall out boy, whos lead guitarist is actually quite good. However I would have chose different drumming. Going into the 3/4 sounds fine. But going out of it, especially just with the counting in, wasnt the best. I did like the main riff, and how the rhythm wasnt basic strumming. Vocal melody reminds me of fall out boy again. bar 69, the note with the word 'tried' doesnt sound right.

From what I heard it sounds promising. However I think in the bridge or final chorus, or something, it needs to be more intense or upbeat. cause most of the song is fairly slow allready.

intothe
10-25-2009, 10:26 AM
The intro was probably my favourite part of the song, though it didn't really fit with the rest of the song imo
The main theme and chorus also sounded really good, to me it set the vibe of the song, and the vocals worked awesome
To me the verses was kind of slow and didn't really catch me
The bridge was very good as well, I think it would sound even better if you made it a bit longer :)