(GP5) Death Metal "Impaling the Deity" C4C

PDA

View Full Version : (GP5) Death Metal "Impaling the Deity" C4C

piratemetalhead
10-23-2009, 04:49 PM
Started off with the intention creating brutal, extremely heavy death metal, but it wound up being tech.death :p:

Mostly inspired by Suffocation, Dying Fetus, and Cannibal Corpse. Anyways, here it is, and will c4c:

NO11YOU
10-23-2009, 04:52 PM
Nice

faiksener
10-23-2009, 05:02 PM
Cool riffs, u must write a solo for this one :devil:

cptazad
10-23-2009, 10:01 PM
****ING SICK

one of the best death metal pieces I've seen on this site, scratch that, you win.

Nothing needs changing IMO, 10/10 my friend.

edit: just listened to it again, man, good composition. Reminds me a lot of Dying Fetus mixed with Suffocation, I love the grooves you have in there (bar 30 for example).

Are you in a band yet?

edit 2: I agree w/ the guy above me, write a solo for this cuz it'd make it that much more killer, not that it isn't great already.

cptazad
10-23-2009, 10:24 PM
Just couldn't resist man

Half ass effort for now =P

(see attached file, now with 25% more solo)

piratemetalhead
10-24-2009, 01:59 AM
Holy shit, that's a crazy solo :haha

Sweeps sound amazing, and minor third trilling during the breakdown riff sounded immense. I don't shred much, so I wouldn't ever be able to put together a 'phagist-like solo like that.

I'm liking the idea of ending it with a insane, but still melodic, shredfest. Killer stuff :D

cptazad
10-24-2009, 03:57 AM
Holy shit, that's a crazy solo :haha

Sweeps sound amazing, and minor third trilling during the breakdown riff sounded immense. I don't shred much, so I wouldn't ever be able to put together a 'phagist-like solo like that.

I'm liking the idea of ending it with a insane, but still melodic, shredfest. Killer stuff :D

those sweeps at the end are killer for practice btw (that's where i got them, warm up scales ftw)

thorbor
10-24-2009, 09:39 AM
I dont really like tech death because Icant really relate to the riffs, but overal it sounded good to me.

The riff at bar 26 didn't fit in and I dont like the drumpattern at bars 6-7, that's about every bad thing I can spot, rest seems fine to me :)

My fav part is the whole intro up to bar 17, good use of blastbeats.
As I said I cant really rate this song since I'm unfamiliar with this genre, but it soudns great for just 2 tracks in GP

Ps checked out the solo, not a fan of sweeping orgies put it sounds good to me