Oh, Sh!t, It's Torpedo Ted [Gp5.0, midi] C4C

PDA

View Full Version : Oh, Sh!t, It's Torpedo Ted [Gp5.0, midi] C4C

zachary-tfn
10-24-2009, 11:58 AM
Yeah, so, I completed this song a while ago.
A month or two.
I consider it one of my greatest compositions to date, with the various genres mixed in and the overall structure of it.
Again, not sure of what genre overall it would be.
The title refers to something my friends and I would say when we played the underwater levels of Super Mario.

Anyways, C4C and enjoy.

Gakbez
10-24-2009, 12:05 PM
Sounds like you had a lot of ideas, and put them together randomly to me

JesseBlanchard
10-24-2009, 01:04 PM
Piano was cool, but it didnt really go anywhere? or lead into the song. riff at 25 is pretty thrashy. riff at 49 is awesomee.i rekon it would sound even better, changing the time sig of some bars, and repeating the chord part like twice and stuff. if that makes sense. 54 is so dissonant, which i like it. but if you wernt going for that, its prob bad haha. i would get rid of acoustic at 74, doesnt fit in that well in my opinion. 109 is br00tal haha. loved it. some parts of this song reminded me of 'iwrestledabearonce'.

most of the bits were great, but alot of it didnt seem to fit into each other. which is what you may have been going for?

zachary-tfn
10-25-2009, 02:18 AM
Piano was cool, but it didnt really go anywhere? or lead into the song. riff at 25 is pretty thrashy. riff at 49 is awesomee.i rekon it would sound even better, changing the time sig of some bars, and repeating the chord part like twice and stuff. if that makes sense. 54 is so dissonant, which i like it. but if you wernt going for that, its prob bad haha. i would get rid of acoustic at 74, doesnt fit in that well in my opinion. 109 is br00tal haha. loved it. some parts of this song reminded me of 'iwrestledabearonce'.

most of the bits were great, but alot of it didnt seem to fit into each other. which is what you may have been going for?

Yeah, I was kinda going for just different riffs every eight bars or so.
The dissonant thing at 54 was intended, so I'm glad you liked that. :D
iwresltedabearonce was probably a big influence on this, as I'd just started listening to them and some other mathcore like bands around the time I began this song.
Thanks for the crit.

MadAudioMan
10-25-2009, 02:58 AM
XD its funny and sh!tty, but in a good way.

I love the yeah nothing flows TBH, its kind of stupid sounding at parts, but it gives the song a "this isn't very serious" vibe, and way too many songs nowadays are too serious, most -core is just a bunch of pedal riffs over I-VI-V progressions nowadays. This song brings some nice silliness.

Anyways, most of the riffs are good, though the semi-bluesy riff near the end is bad.. Also, alot of the piano, while adding to the random vibe, is out of place in a bad way. But its not enough to ruin the song. Overall I liked it, it kept you on your feet... Your ear's feet I suspose.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1216944 - c4c or feel thy wrath.

strat07
10-25-2009, 06:45 AM
This is quite high works thingy! I quite liked it cause it sounded pretty catchy at times. The modern progressive vibe i very refreshing.

I just feel to mortal to discuss this! It's smells from far away of mastery! I bow to you mate! I really think it!

If u want crit my a big generic song. It's quite simple.
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1220522

intothe
10-25-2009, 10:37 AM
Reminds me of the band pinkly smooth at so many places, equally crazy and awesome
And the song, you've got a lot of ideas in this song that doesn't really flow together but I don't think it's supposed to, and that makes it awesome, it's a really crazy and interesting song really
Keep it up (y)

Ikary
10-25-2009, 01:11 PM
Hi

Just listened to the midi twice, and really like it. Most of the riffs are really good, and while they don't really flow into one another while one would expect in most songs, the changes sound interesting to me. Really like when the piano comes at 3:10, that's a really nice part. I don't really like the acoustic melody that comes a bit after that so much, but with the changes you later add it gets better (I also like the chord when it ends). However, if I were to record it I'd probably change that acoustic melody and a bit of the solo that comes after that.

C4C please? It's in the signature. Made it on GP but uploaded a recording of it. Thanks