Hole in the Wall (GP5/C4C - RSE Preferable)

PDA

View Full Version : Hole in the Wall (GP5/C4C - RSE Preferable)

blackmagician
10-26-2009, 02:56 PM
hi, this is my new attempt. i was helped on some parts of the drums by thorbor (thanks mate :) ) i also suggest using RSE to get a better feel of the song. C4C mateys :D

edit: oops, i uploaded a wip file rather than a final one, now i have uploaded the final one

BotC
10-26-2009, 03:46 PM
From the very beginning it had a certain groove to it, but then those drums broke in and it become pretty ****ing epic.

The Pre-Chorus disappointed me seeing as it wasn't quite as intense as that groovy ****ing verse, but Oh well.

Th Chorus itself held up to my expectations.

I think the break's drums could've been maybe slightly slower, because it doesn't feel like the riff you'd have before a solo. Good solo though.

Break 2? Tasty. I loved it.

The 7/8 time thing kind of threw me off though.

The chorus was a great riff to close on.
8/10

C4C? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1221266

Mellow Gold
10-26-2009, 05:45 PM
The biggest problem section in 2/4. You need to cut out one or three measures. Other wise you really just have one or two sets of 4/4. The per chorus riff sucks the fist time you hear it but as a post chorus riff it works really well for get to the next riff. Something else you might want to try out is the triplet function.

herby190
10-27-2009, 08:05 AM
Mind putting up a GP4 version? You have a later GP5 than me.

blackmagician
10-27-2009, 01:25 PM
here you go mate

crowldawg66
10-27-2009, 03:00 PM
I dig the intro, especially the right and left panning, and the bass is the best part. I really like the descending part at the end of bar 6. The verse is a good, strong riff. The prechorus works as a build up to something, but I don't feel that the chorus is anything special. Usually you want the chorus to be the strongest section; in this case it felt like the weakest.

Break 1 was kind of boring. Pretty forgettable, not that interesting, and the solo was, at least to me, dissonant shredding. It all gets redeemed with break 2, which is fantastic. I think the 7/8 part is what really makes it work.

Overall, I'd say the chorus needs to be greatly improved, and break 1 replaced with something more interesting, (maybe a reprise of the intro?) but other than that, it seems like you've got a decent little song here. 7/10.

Adrian89
10-27-2009, 03:19 PM
great tune really, you got some great riffs but need to fix the chorus, do it BIG :)

herby190
10-28-2009, 10:17 PM
Sorry I took so long getting back to you.

This really isn't my style of music, so keep in mind that my opinion isn't really that big here.

The intro was okay; nothing incredible, but nothing demanding to be rewritten.
The verses probably work in your genre, but I didn't really like the feel of them.
I really liked to pre-choruses; even not being into your genre, this was great.
The choruses were cool, but following the pre-chorus, they didn't work that well. They seemed more like a post-chorus to me, you need something bigger, more climactic, in my opinion, at least.
The breaks were so-so; nothing really to say.
The solo was interesting, but not really musical; again, that's just to me.

kLinic
10-29-2009, 01:20 AM
I thought the intro was excellent. It really set the mood for the rest of the song. The verses riff was deliciously groovy, I loved it.

I thought the pre-choruses were really cool, but they did make the actual chorus seem like a bit of a let down. I just don't think it really maintained the excellent groove that was set up during the verse. That said, on it's own in a different song I think it'd work great.

Nothing really to say about the breaks, I personally wouldn't miss them if theyw ere gone, but there wasn't anything wrong that I can think of.

The solo would be really cool to see being played. But on paper it's not particularily musical. But it is definately the kind of solo I could see being played in a band setting and kicking ass.

Great job, I actually enjoyed that quite a bit. I could listen to that song quite easily if it was recorded. :)

If you'd care to poke fun at mine? :P http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1222672

Victor V.
10-29-2009, 07:39 PM
This is really a great piece, sounds like your friends really helped with the drums, they were great!

The best instrument in this song is, however, the bass.

I can only imagine that guitar solo being played with a wah-wah pedal!