"The Serious Side" Album [Electronic]

PDA

View Full Version : "The Serious Side" Album [Electronic]

defiance64
10-26-2009, 08:07 PM
Electronica's first album :) I hope you guys enjoy. I spent a lot of time on it. Some of the files might have the wrong album title, because I forgot to change them all. By the turn of 2010 we should have real recordings done. I hope you guys enjoy :D Crit4Crit, I suppose I will crit 11 of your songs.

01 Introduction
02 You Had Me At Hello
03 Hopefully
04 Bleeding for You
05 The Eye of the Storm
06 Forever & Never
07 Don't Be Alarmed
08 For You
09 But That Would Just Make Sense
10 Lights Out Scream
11 The End

B-sides will come in the future, depending on if everyone likes what has been done with album :)

ultrasonic
10-28-2009, 07:40 PM
Cant fault at all, i wish i was as good as that lol stand out track for me would have to be you had me at hello and was conveniantly placed near the start to hook you in. Im not usually into this but you may have made a fan of me

9.999999/10 as close to perfect as you can possibly get ;)

defiance64
10-28-2009, 07:42 PM
Cant fault at all, i wish i was as good as that lol stand out track for me would have to be you had me at hello and was conveniantly placed near the start to hook you in. Im not usually into this but you may have made a fan of me

9.999999/10 as close to perfect as you can possibly get ;)
Might have I attempted to pun? "You Had Me At Hello" and I had you since the start of the album? lol.

Squares
10-31-2009, 03:46 PM
We meet again :)

-introWhen you actually record this i think you should put some random ambient noises behind the intro. Make it a bit more intresting O_o

-You had me at HelloDo i smell a talking tomato? :P**** i see you switched the chiff lead out for bass + lead. i think i like chiff lead better though.. made it a bit more edgy.

-Hopefully*** return of the cats meow :P** OH noes! you shortened the intro!!* I liked that part..* *** honestly, i think your first version was better O.o''

-Bleeding For you*** Yar here be whales...Pink...Whales...** (Yes i remember all your songs lol.)*** NO!! the epic bird intro is gone D:!! BRING IT BACK. NOW D:!!** Did you shorten the area leading up to the bass duel? i think you need more buildup -it comes up too quickly.** Also i like the solos a bit more. they're not as edgy as the first ones (if i recall) but they seem to fit a bit better. (and maybe speed up the solo section)** I still think you should go back to using chiff lead instead of bass + lead. it sounds cooler :)** Good improvement on the original song.

-Eye of the Storm*** eh...bullet for my valentine song?*** hey a song i haven't seen yet.*** okay this is a song where bass + lead sounds good :P nice intro.*** hmm. all your rhythms that are just straight quarter notes should be refocused. switch up the rhythm here and there. some flashy fills you know?*** same with the chorus quarter notes. try a different rhythm.*** YAY BREAKDOWN* *giddy*** this song seems a bit ..eh.. less creative than your other ones. it's still good, just probably not one of the stronger songs on the album (so far)

-Forever and Never ** *COUGH* bullet for my valentine?!** You know old videogame music? this reminds me of it. in a good way. ** maybe expand on the intro a bit?** You know? you should try experimenting with synth strings too. they'd fit well in some of your songs. just background chords or something O_o..** i like verse 2 :D** hmm...i think this song needs a solo. :D
Okay i'm not gonna get to these all today, got a party to go to, but i'll look the rest over soon :)

hmm.. would you like to look at my techno song? :D
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=22151895#post22151895

sfaune92
11-08-2009, 03:45 PM
Dude, i listened to you had me at hello, it's so much you could do with the bass guitar man! don't let it go to waste playing f-ing root notes. But the music was pretty cool man!

defiance64
11-12-2009, 01:45 PM
I wish you guys would give the other songs a chance as far as I know all you guys have critiqued is the very first song on the album. There are 11, of which 9 are lengthy and important, and I spent a lot of time on. I would appreciate if you guys put some time into a crit please for more than the first song. =]

Thanks.

zezikaro
11-12-2009, 06:04 PM
In my opinion you should have posted them as you made them, and earned critic on them.
Rather than posting an entire album at once, which is very daunting :P

I did listen to them all a few days ago, but i've forgotten everything :/ D/W i liked them, although from what ir emember it kept crashing my GP at certain points.