Please, some help on this song

PDA

View Full Version : Please, some help on this song

Adrian89
10-26-2009, 08:19 PM
I have a new group and this is our first son, very thrasy sounding but I need an ending for this cos i run out of ideas for this........ so check it out and youre free to complete it if desired :) Thanks mates! hope you like it :) :haha: :D

ultimate-slash
10-27-2009, 03:26 PM
this contains a couple of pretty cool riffs I must say :)

It just needs the drums to work at the moment, and to give it more structure, and as for the ending, I don't have a real idea for it at the moment..

willing to help with drums and bass though if you like

Adrian89
10-27-2009, 03:34 PM
this contains a couple of pretty cool riffs I must say

It just needs the drums to work at the moment, and to give it more structure, and as for the ending, I don't have a real idea for it at the moment..

willing to help with drums and bass though if you like

you will be my hero, coz im pretty newby about Druming on GP and I am the main composer in ma band, so... your help will be so gently. Tell me, what riffs do you like :)?

ultimate-slash
10-27-2009, 03:51 PM
well, I like the the riff under sección 1 for example ( at bar 10) with the rigth kind of drumming placed behind it, it really has and 80's deathmetal kinda feel, which is awesome... :p:

and the 8th note tapping riff sounds cool because it gets you back to a basic feel

But maybe it would be cool to put another transition into a guitar solo before the tapping riff, and let that build up, and then put the tapping riff behind it as a sort of break from the heavy parts?

Adrian89
10-27-2009, 04:06 PM
I was thinking in some acoustic/ clean guit part before the solo kicks in, but im not a very theory-friend player, so writin' for me is a loong and hard process ( I've been playing for 2 years and 6 months)

ultimate-slash
10-27-2009, 04:22 PM
Ok, I was just messing around with it, and added drums to it, and added a little clean part in the middle, just for fun :p:

and I'm not playing much longer than you really, I think it's about 2 years and 7/8 months now, and I never had any lessons in theory or stuff like that what so ever, but I guess it's just a matter of practice makes perfect, I just went along with whatever came to mind and grabbed every idea to teach myself a little more about how to do things and how not to :)

Adrian89
10-27-2009, 04:59 PM
Wow, that clean part was awsome, very megadethish, which I like a lot, the drums are great too, but we're thinking in something more "Mastodon meets double bass" thing, but your's are a great way to start, thanks a lot, really

Marskell
11-01-2009, 12:41 AM
those bars at 69 were completely unnecessary. the harmonies remind me of death and the main riff reminds me of metalcore. it sounds to 'cut and paste' do some more work and add drums. work on your segways into differnt riffs

Adrian89
11-01-2009, 05:30 PM
you dont like the tapping harmony? whats your idea?