Rise Against and Lostprophets similarity?

PDA

View Full Version : Rise Against and Lostprophets similarity?

TheOpenMind
10-27-2009, 04:13 PM
Did anybody else notive that the songs "Ready To Fall" by Rise Against and "Rooftops" by Lostprophets (both made in 2006) have the same part where the singer sings "I"m standing on the rooftops ready to fall!" in exactly the same way? I've searched the interwebz high and low but it's mentioned nowhere! :confused:

Anyone know anything about this?

And Rise Against are still melodic hardcore, are they? That's why I posted in this forum.

handbanana
10-27-2009, 04:15 PM
This does not belong in the hardcore forum.

TheOpenMind
10-27-2009, 04:17 PM
This does not belong in the hardcore forum.

Sorry, man, but Wikipedia said that Rise Against was melodic hardcore, so I posted in the harcore forum, sound pretty logical to me... :(

Green_Jelly
10-27-2009, 04:23 PM
Sorry, man, but Wikipedia said that Rise Against was melodic hardcore, so I posted in the harcore forum, sound pretty logical to me... :(
Wikipedia 101: don't believe all the BS people are writing.

P-Bass Pirate
10-27-2009, 04:23 PM
I don't see it. I know my Rise Against, and I just listened to the Lostprophets song. Rooftops doesn't even have that lyric in it.

CODE
10-27-2009, 04:51 PM
No, they both say rooftops. That is all.

And they both suck, coincidence?

nashawa
10-27-2009, 05:07 PM
Wikipedia 101: don't believe all the BS people are writing.
I absolutely agree that Rise Against doesn't belong here, but is that really what you're going to use as an example of Wikipedia BS? For people who aren't genre nerds, that could be an easy mistake to make. What was he supposed to do? Think, "Hmm maybe Wiki is lying to me about this arbitrary fact?" Most music websites are just as fucked as Wiki, and would have been of no more help...

Wow, there was no need for this post... Sleep deprivation will do that to you...

GodofCheesecake
10-27-2009, 05:36 PM
Nah, websites are always reliable about genres.

Proof: http://www.post-hardcore-guitar.com/

nashawa
10-27-2009, 05:42 PM
wow... I read the first paragraph and threw up in my mouth a little...
and what the fuck is "happy hardcore?"

handbanana
10-27-2009, 06:11 PM
LMAO at anyone who tries to prove a point with wikipedia as their basis for point. wikipedia is 85% bullshit. don't you kids know anything?

STABxYOU
10-28-2009, 12:42 AM
wow... I read the first paragraph and threw up in my mouth a little...
and what the fuck is "happy hardcore?"

Bouncy upbeat hardcore techno with cheesy piano lines, pitch shifted vocals and an overall happy, child-like atmosphere.

nashawa
10-28-2009, 01:16 AM
I'm sorry... I refuse to refer to anything as "happy hardcore." That's a fucking ridiculous genre name.

handbanana
10-28-2009, 03:44 PM
there are other kinds of happy hardcore
i've heard versions that just sounds like regular hardcore but with really corny posi lyrics. i'd say its mostly done as a joke though

NY_FootBall49
10-28-2009, 03:52 PM
Happy Hardcore is fast electro dance music according to google.

handbanana
10-28-2009, 04:19 PM
:facepalm: right after the wikipedia thing....

NY_FootBall49
10-28-2009, 04:25 PM

Multiple websites said that so if I can't take genre advice from websites who should I take advice from you.

Plus wikipedia has a long as article on happy hardcore complete with bands a history what the music is like.

NY_FootBall49
10-28-2009, 04:26 PM

Multiple websites said that so if I can't take genre advice from will known well trusted websites who should I take advice from you.

JxD
10-28-2009, 04:40 PM

This thread should have stopped after this post.

nashawa
10-28-2009, 04:52 PM

Why is that even a website? It's like some guy decided, "hey, I like a few bands. I think I'll erroneously label them as post-hardcore and then make a purple webpage with one paragraph worth of info on said bands!"

Actually, I bet that's exactly how it went down.

Multiple websites said that so if I can't take genre advice from websites who should I take advice from you.

Plus wikipedia has a long as article on happy hardcore complete with bands a history what the music is like.
Sorry to be a grammar nazi, but knowing where and when to use punctation would make it much easier to understand you.

And to handbanana: I love how that became your sig.

handbanana
10-28-2009, 05:02 PM
this thread has so much fail in it
this thread might as well be on b9

lespaul1216
10-28-2009, 05:39 PM
rooftops does not say

"Standing on the rooftops ready to fall" ever in the song. so this is irrelevant. look up the lyrics before you ask a question like this.

oh, and those are both alternative bands (two of my favorite bands, too), so you're in the wrong forum