Untitled [Death Metal] GP5 / (GP4 On request) ~C4C

PDA

View Full Version : Untitled [Death Metal] GP5 / (GP4 On request) ~C4C

DragTheWaters11
10-27-2009, 10:03 PM
Hello. This is an untitled work that I have came up with today. Yes, it's choppy with some of the transitions in the middle. But it's just the basic outlook that I had for the song and I would like to have some thoughts and ideas to maybe spark and revise this.

Thank You

~C4C as always

PS: I WILL return the favor and C4C because I hate nothing more than those who don't return the favor..

cptazad
10-28-2009, 07:00 PM
Intro riff gets pretty repetitive.

Transition to the acoustic part was pretty lazy but hey like you said its got choppy bits, the acoustic part is nice but just doesn't do it for me, the intro that you had doesn't really fit well w/ transitioning to the acoustic.

The overdub (13th fret stuff) has doesn't do it for me either, its not convincing just sounds like you threw it in last second for the sake of an overdub.

Just my 2 cents, definitely needs a lot of cleaning up.

DragTheWaters11
10-28-2009, 07:07 PM
Intro riff gets pretty repetitive.

Transition to the acoustic part was pretty lazy but hey like you said its got choppy bits, the acoustic part is nice but just doesn't do it for me, the intro that you had doesn't really fit well w/ transitioning to the acoustic.

The overdub (13th fret stuff) has doesn't do it for me either, its not convincing just sounds like you threw it in last second for the sake of an overdub.

Just my 2 cents, definitely needs a lot of cleaning up.
Yeah. Like I said, doesn't transition well because it's just a few parts that I'd like to be in a song together. And the overdub wasn't thrown in last second honestly lol. I was actually sitting in school and this came into my head; I made it actually with the song. I think it sounds pretty cool honestly. I think it has a sort of eerie feel to it. Intro riff wasn't really an intro riff too.. I think it would be better as a bridge or a post-solo / outro bit with only about 12 bar length.

Though I guess I'll have to put the acoustic in another song. Doesn't really do it as you said.

But thank you! Took long enough for a response lol. I've been just wanting some help with direction. Thanks very much.

dervishguitar
10-29-2009, 03:33 AM
Is your drummer a jack hammer? These are some insane speeds. lol.

It could have used a lot of blast beats. A ****ING LOT.

That slightly disappointed me, I was down for some.

But as a death metal track, I guess it's alright. It's a little bland for me but idk really.

3.5/5

Check mine out?

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1222842

DragTheWaters11
10-29-2009, 07:40 AM
Is your drummer a jack hammer? These are some insane speeds. lol.

It could have used a lot of blast beats. A ****ING LOT.

That slightly disappointed me, I was down for some.

But as a death metal track, I guess it's alright. It's a little bland for me but idk really.

3.5/5

Check mine out?

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1222842
I would have put in some blast beats but I just didn't feel like it would have fit. But now I guess I shall strongly consider it. Maybe put it in after or during the Lead Guitar 1 & 2 part. And I'm sorry about the slight disappointment, if I would have known that's what you wanted I probably would have included it a bit more.

And yes, my drummer is a jack hammer lol.

I will check out your song when I get home later today. Thank You ~

ultrasonic
10-29-2009, 08:00 AM
I like the main riff and with a little more working over it, thats a mighty fine tune youll have there. I like the lead harmonies over the main riff as well, as you said prior it does have an eerie feel to it, great for a death metal song. :D

Between Bars 82 and 83 would be a perfect place for a melodic Solo, with the other lead contributing harmonies. :D

In fact actually here ya go, i sort made a half hearted attempt at a solo, not as good but it sort of shows you where abouts and how you could do it :D

C4C :D : http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1222647

Ultrasonic

Darkworker
10-29-2009, 08:28 AM
I like the main riff and with a little more working over it, thats a mighty fine tune youll have there. I like the lead harmonies over the main riff as well, as you said prior it does have an eerie feel to it, great for a death metal song. :D

Between Bars 82 and 83 would be a perfect place for a melodic Solo, with the other lead contributing harmonies. :D

In fact actually here ya go, i sort made a half hearted attempt at a solo, not as good but it sort of shows you where abouts and how you could do it :D

Dude your solo breaths new life into this song! :D Really like it.

DragTheWaters11
10-29-2009, 11:16 AM

C4C :D : http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1222647

Ultrasonic
Thanks for the response. I'll have to look into making a melodic Solo with your suggestions. And maybe with your permission (I haven't listened to it yet no GP on this PC) I could use part of your solo.

And thank you for enjoying the harmonies, I was hoping somebody would. I shall critique your Pirate Metal song once I get home from school because I'm in a study hall right now. Thank You ~

ultrasonic
10-29-2009, 02:29 PM
Thanks for the response. I'll have to look into making a melodic Solo with your suggestions. And maybe with your permission (I haven't listened to it yet no GP on this PC) I could use part of your solo.

And thank you for enjoying the harmonies, I was hoping somebody would. I shall critique your Pirate Metal song once I get home from school because I'm in a study hall right now. Thank You ~

I doubt you would want any of it, but its yours to keep ;)

and no worries, its fits great with the song. :peace:

DragTheWaters11
10-29-2009, 03:41 PM
I doubt you would want any of it, but its yours to keep ;)

and no worries, its fits great with the song. :peace:
I do like it and I would like to keep parts of it. With the exception I'm gonna tweak the fast parts just a slight amount to suit my playing style and stuff. I'll repost the entire song when it's done. Thank you very, very much. Now it's time I return the favor.

Here's my edited solo, using most of yours with the exception of a few little changes and some rewritten parts (To fit the G Melodic Minor Scale in Drop A) and then another version of the song.