Calm Rock Song I've Been Working On (gp5)

PDA

View Full Version : Calm Rock Song I've Been Working On (gp5)

sfaune92
10-28-2009, 04:26 PM
This is some kind of a song that I've been working on, may sound a bit repetetive without vocals though.

Please tell me what you liked about it and what you think I should improve.

(There is vibratos in solos, but vibrato sounds so awful in my computer's midi so i left it out)

the title of the file ("annen sang") just means "another song".

This is NOT for my online band

Edit: Another thing I might add, I'm mostly a bassist, so that's the reason the guitar part might not be that good.

and...
C4C :cheers:

EDIT: UPDATE AT POST 9!

guitar ben94
10-28-2009, 05:16 PM
Not much of a crit but I thought it was pretty good. Especially liked that bass riff at bar 10. Pretty good song.

And at the end, I thought there should of been a last chord in the last bar, but that's just my opinion.

But very good. I am guessing it would be better with vocals, so 8.5/10.

sfaune92
10-28-2009, 07:03 PM
Thanks for the review sir.

I don't think i want a chord in the last bar 'cause that is kinda predictable and the end will lose the feel i wanted it to have.

Keep the crits coming folks, i promise to C4C!

herby190
10-28-2009, 10:26 PM
Just a tip; to get more crits, upload it as a .zip, with the GP5, GP4, and MIDI. Not only does it enable more people to listen to it, but it looks a bit more professional, in my opinion. Speaking of which, could you put up a GP4? My GP5 isn't as updated as yours, so it won't open.

sfaune92
10-29-2009, 05:33 AM
Just a tip; to get more crits, upload it as a .zip, with the GP5, GP4, and MIDI. Not only does it enable more people to listen to it, but it looks a bit more professional, in my opinion. Speaking of which, could you put up a GP4? My GP5 isn't as updated as yours, so it won't open.

No probem, doing it as fast as I can now.

ultrasonic
10-30-2009, 07:31 PM
Hey mate,
I liked what you did here and saw some Potential, I decided to add some piano and a second guitar behind the solo playing a lower harmony, i think it sounds better, but well its your decision

I hope you like it :D

P.S. Ignore the keyboard at the very start, it doesnt sound right, stick with it, I hope you like it

herby190
10-31-2009, 09:00 AM
It seems like when the guitar chords are being used in the verse, you should replace every second Bm chord with a higher pitched one; I tried an F# octave chord there, and it sounded good to me.

Other than that, I like it; it's got a great, and original sound to it.

sfaune92
11-01-2009, 01:24 PM
Hey mate,
I liked what you did here and saw some Potential, I decided to add some piano and a second guitar behind the solo playing a lower harmony, i think it sounds better, but well its your decision

I hope you like it :D

P.S. Ignore the keyboard at the very start, it doesnt sound right, stick with it, I hope you like it

Yeah, some good ideas here, thank you. I think i stick with the solo as it is. But the piano stuff was awesome. Thank you!

ultrasonic
11-01-2009, 03:25 PM
Yeah, some good ideas here, thank you. I think i stick with the solo as it is. But the piano stuff was awesome. Thank you!

NP lol glad to hear that you like it ;)

sfaune92
11-03-2009, 04:51 PM
I added a selection of Ultrasonic's ideas and a few of my own ideas, mostly bassline changes.

Here it is!

And C4C!, I even crit metal stuf! (does not include death/black, however i love to crit prog!)

Gwrhkhsh
11-04-2009, 05:37 PM
Nice song, so easy-listening ;). I'm not personally a fan of using major V chord in a minor scale, but it fits well here. I really liked the piano break before the first break. And, as I'm a bass player myself, I'm very happy with what you did with it here. The solo was fine, but I'd go for some craziness here :). The ending is just fine.

8/10, I'd say.

sfaune92
11-05-2009, 02:34 AM
Nice song, so easy-listening ;). I'm not personally a fan of using major V chord in a minor scale, but it fits well here. I really liked the piano break before the first break. And, as I'm a bass player myself, I'm very happy with what you did with it here. The solo was fine, but I'd go for some craziness here :). The ending is just fine.

8/10, I'd say.

The piano break was an idea by Ultrasonic.

I'm not a fan of crazy solos on more mellow songs, so the solo will stay the way it is.