Bands like the new DanceGavinDance "Post" Hardcore

PDA

View Full Version : Bands like the new DanceGavinDance "Post" Hardcore

mtgold83
10-30-2009, 04:52 AM
Lol although i personally think Post hardcore should be its own genre seperated from Punk, Hardcore, screamo, etc. I guess here is a good place to post this.

I was wondering if anyone could suggest bands that are like the new (Post JCraig) DanceGavinDance. Aka Self titled album and hapiness. Bands that have the good ol posthardcore feel but a physcedelic/ funky/ Truely unique to the genre sound to their instrumentals.

Do not say emerosa, a skylit drive, fall of troy, closure in moscow (Already have closure :) The other bands are not at all what im looking for)
You get the idea i assume. Let me know :). If you help me i'll return the favour and suggest bands with a style you may be looking for? :]

IcePh0enix
10-30-2009, 06:25 AM
Delete this thread and ask here:
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=884370&page=1

or in the PP&E rec. thread. Hope that helps!

loxer
10-30-2009, 06:29 AM
To be completely honest there are no phc bands that have similar " funky " feel to their music like the new DGD has .

brad5992
10-30-2009, 10:48 AM
there is a ****in recommendation thread. ****

recklessnick
10-30-2009, 12:46 PM
ts, shut the hell up. avenged sevenfold is metal, alesana is hardcore and avril lavigne is punk. keep it that way.

Frenzied
10-30-2009, 01:26 PM
If you like DGD, check out this band:

www.myspace.com/riseandfall13

TFSCody
10-30-2009, 09:59 PM
Chiodos, Attack Attack, Drop, Dead Gorgeous, Underoath, Our Last Night. Try those =]

The Spoon
10-30-2009, 10:02 PM
^None of those bands have the funky element that TS was looking for.

I think DGD is the only one doing that style right now, TS. Though knowing how things are, they probably took it from some other band :/