The Carrier

PDA

View Full Version : The Carrier

output24
11-01-2009, 10:47 AM
One of the bands that got me into hardcore.

Epic, epic 'wall of sound' type of songs; freaking awesome vocals, sick drumming.

Kinda an understatement for me to say that they are one of my favorite bands in hc. LOL.

http://www.myspace.com/thecarrierhc

thoughts?

alm0st a skat3r
11-01-2009, 12:22 PM
already a thread but the carrier rules

recklessnick
11-01-2009, 01:28 PM
search bar

handbanana
11-01-2009, 01:35 PM
overrated

aggiefan33
11-01-2009, 01:46 PM
gtfo ^

nashawa
11-01-2009, 02:12 PM
^agreed

Manos15
11-01-2009, 02:53 PM
overrated
I agree they're overhyped on this board. But in hardcore in general it's not really the case.

Cedence
11-01-2009, 04:41 PM
great band, great dudes. Anyone who says they are overrated is crazy. Band gets some attention, but unlike the flock of "hype bands" around right now, The Carrier is actually doing something very unique.

They've been great since day one, and they keep getting better. I had the opportunity to listen to some of the new tracks, minds will be blown.

handbanana
11-01-2009, 06:36 PM
i would love someone to explain to me what so unique about a heavy melodic band? No matter how many times I listen to them I really just don't understand whats so damn special about them. Nothing really stands out to me at all

pmeg568c
11-01-2009, 06:57 PM
because man, if you really listened closer, you would hear that the guitar riffs are like nothing ever played in hardcore before

JxD
11-01-2009, 07:07 PM
because man, if you really listened closer, you would hear that the guitar riffs are like nothing ever played in hardcore before
You really think so? I listen to hardcore under the assumption that no matter what a band is doing, chances are someone had done it at least ten years earlier (better or worse). Even this band kind of reminds me of a heavier Stay Gold. Regardless, I think The Carrier is pretty powerful and deserves all of the hype they're getting because they're definitely a stand out band.

saxaxe
11-01-2009, 07:20 PM
I think they're over hyped on this board, but not in hardcore overall. They're definitely a great band.

Cedence
11-01-2009, 07:26 PM
i would love someone to explain to me what so unique about a heavy melodic band? No matter how many times I listen to them I really just don't understand whats so damn special about them. Nothing really stands out to me at all
as stated, listen to the guitar tracks. Very few, if any, power chords. Not the same recycled riffs/octave leads. Better lyrics than 95% of hardcore, past or present.

And the new songs take the uniqueness a step further. Just wait.

pmeg568c
11-01-2009, 07:49 PM
You really think so? I listen to hardcore under the assumption that no matter what a band is doing, chances are someone had done it at least ten years earlier (better or worse). Even this band kind of reminds me of a heavier Stay Gold. Regardless, I think The Carrier is pretty powerful and deserves all of the hype they're getting because they're definitely a stand out band.

I honestly think that yes. i can see where you are coming from with stay gold but the chords dickie uses i have seen and heard no where else.

alm0st a skat3r
11-01-2009, 07:59 PM
this band being hyped > all the hyped up nyhc sounding bands that all sound the same and rival mob

handbanana
11-01-2009, 09:52 PM
this band being hyped > all the hyped up nyhc sounding bands that all sound the same and rival mob

they also don't sound anything like any nyhc band.

but they sound just like every other slow tempoed melodic hardcore band. just sounds like they took parts from verse and comeback kid and put them together.

to be honest i think they sound a lot like jareds old band (under the gun) minus the metalcore influence

nashawa
11-01-2009, 10:37 PM
they also don't sound anything like any nyhc band.

but they sound just like every other slow tempoed melodic hardcore band. just sounds like they took parts from verse and comeback kid and put them together.

to be honest i think they sound a lot like jareds old band (under the gun) minus the metalcore influence
I love The Carrier and Comeback Kid, but I don't really see enough similarities to warrant a comparison like that

recklessnick
11-01-2009, 11:49 PM
i think we should use the search bar and post on the other carrier thread, whether they are a good band or not

nashawa
11-01-2009, 11:54 PM
^then bump that thread

pmeg568c
11-02-2009, 12:03 AM
more carrier threads is a good thing. plus we are mod-less remember?

nashawa
11-02-2009, 12:06 AM
Anarchy!!!!!!

TimeIsTheEnemy
11-02-2009, 05:11 AM
I'm pretty keen on the carrier. I don't care if they've gained heaps more popularity, it's stupid that people don't like bands they used to just because they got more popular. I just don't talk about the band as much anymore 'cause it gets annoying haha. Anyway I really like them, keep getting better and better in my opinion.

Magero
11-02-2009, 05:22 AM
Considering that before I heard this band, I listened to basically nothing but metal and thought all hardcore was a terrible mess, I think they deserve some credit for being able to open eyes/ears like that.
Still, search bar.

output24
11-02-2009, 05:34 AM
I love hardcore, I play in a hardcore band, but I haven't posted here in the HC forums that much yet.

And every time I post here and see handbanana's posts, all I see is elitist blabber that basically says 'My musical knowledge is vastly superior that all of you, so just f*cking get out of this forum, so I can flaunt my e-penis as you all bow at my brilliance'.

Is it just me, or this handbanana guy one sad, sad douchebag???

Bignose
11-02-2009, 07:28 AM
Ahhh... lets not have this elevate into another flamefest. Even if the mods are gone and it could be awesome... yeah.

The Carrier though are a pretty noteworthy band. No Love Can Save Me really gripped me when I heard it and I've been trying to spread word ever since. Nobody ever cares about what I reccomend though hahaha

handbanana
11-02-2009, 12:17 PM
I love hardcore, I play in a hardcore band, but I haven't posted here in the HC forums that much yet.

And every time I post here and see handbanana's posts, all I see is elitist blabber that basically says 'My musical knowledge is vastly superior that all of you, so just f*cking get out of this forum, so I can flaunt my e-penis as you all bow at my brilliance'.

Is it just me, or this handbanana guy one sad, sad douchebag???

just wanna say two things in response to this and thats all

1.how am i being elitist? just cause I said I don't understand the hype about this band? i never said they were bad,just don't think theyre as amazing as they're hyped up to be.

2.what your doing right now is trolling, so even if I am being "elitist" what your doing right now is worse and against UG's Forums Code of Conduct and you have now been *Reported*

Have a nice day! :)

output24
11-02-2009, 12:36 PM
just wanna say two things in response to this and thats all

1.how am i being elitist? just cause I said I don't understand the hype about this band? i never said they were bad,just don't think theyre as amazing as they're hyped up to be.

2.what your doing right now is trolling, so even if I am being "elitist" what your doing right now is worse and against UG's Forums Code of Conduct and you have now been *Reported*

Have a nice day! :)

yeah, I'm a troll... IN A THREAD THAT I CREATED. Wow. :rolleyes:

handbanana
11-02-2009, 12:42 PM
either way it's still trolling.... i'm talking about this band, and frankly your not

i miss pink already. wonder if he found out that trash talk got added to the fest before he left

technicolour
11-02-2009, 12:51 PM
handbanana's a pretty cool guy, he speaks his mind and doesn't afraid of anything.

Although I do enjoy the carrier and think they're fairly unique. I think, if most of their songs were more midtempo, they'd be comparable to modern life is war, but most of the carrier's songs are either faster or slower.

output24
11-02-2009, 12:59 PM
Ok ok let's just stop this bickering.

I enjoy The Carrier, you don't.

Ok.

Let's just both agree that Daylight (which you mentioned in my other thread) is freaking awesome.

LOL.

nashawa
11-02-2009, 01:16 PM
I'm pretty keen on the carrier. I don't care if they've gained heaps more popularity, it's stupid that people don't like bands they used to just because they got more popular. I just don't talk about the band as much anymore 'cause it gets annoying haha. Anyway I really like them, keep getting better and better in my opinion.

When did this even come up as an issue?
I don't believe anyone here said they don't like The Carrier because they're too mainstream...

technicolour
11-02-2009, 04:57 PM
yeah...but we were alllll thinking it

nashawa
11-02-2009, 05:00 PM
yeah...but we were alllll thinking it
I wasn't. :shrug:

technicolour
11-02-2009, 05:10 PM
sure ;)

aggiefan33
11-02-2009, 05:10 PM
When did this even come up as an issue?
I don't believe anyone here said they don't like The Carrier because they're too mainstream...
I think that he's addressing that some people think they're a hype band.

nashawa
11-02-2009, 05:32 PM
I think that he's addressing that some people think they're a hype band.
I guess, but that's not really what he said. Maybe I just misunderstood...