looking for alaska

PDA

View Full Version : looking for alaska

-tempest-
11-02-2009, 01:36 AM
ok this band is from my area and they just got signed(i wished i remembered the lable, i think its equal vision). i personally think it's one of the worst things ive listened to in a while. everyone around here loves them, but i don't see it. what do you guys think?

http://www.myspace.com/lookingforalaskaboston

edit upon looking at thier songs on thier myspace they took off their old ones :haha :haha. i can send their old ep if one wants it :haha

PaintOurSilence
11-02-2009, 02:48 AM
I listened to the song Road Warrior. It started off good and i was really liking it....then that breakdown and awful singing kicked in. ick.

-tempest-
11-02-2009, 07:34 PM
I listened to the song Road Warrior. It started off good and i was really liking it....then that breakdown and awful singing kicked in. ick.
its a vast improvement from their old shit, if you can believe that.

TheJManSays
11-02-2009, 08:00 PM
I know the phrase "most generic" is sort of contradictory, but these guys really take the cake. It's like every generic breakdown, yelled vocal part, obnoxious clean vocal part, "southern" metal riff and anything else that would make me yawn in a song, rolled into one.

-tempest-
11-03-2009, 10:45 PM
I know the phrase "most generic" is sort of contradictory, but these guys really take the cake. It's like every generic breakdown, yelled vocal part, obnoxious clean vocal part, "southern" metal riff and anything else that would make me yawn in a song, rolled into one.
i know its gross. i had to sit through one of their shows once, it was awful.