Painted In Exile

PDA

View Full Version : Painted In Exile

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Tallman
11-04-2009, 05:02 PM
http://www.myspace.com/paintedinexile

guess they fit in here. Found them on sevenstring.org :cool:

Crazy technical shizz going on. Releasing an EP in the near future.

http://www.youtube.com/user/t300zx842 Their guitarists youtube; has studio diary and some vids of him playing.

NY_FootBall49
11-04-2009, 07:19 PM
I like this.

Marskell
11-12-2009, 07:14 PM
EP released. SHIT IS SO FUCKING CASH!

GodofCheesecake
11-12-2009, 07:19 PM
Oh snap, I just realized I looked at this thread weeks ago and didn't care, and now that I've actually listened to them I was going to make a thread on them.

Amazing stuff. Raising the bar for technical and progressive metal. The only thing I don't like is the rap in Skylines, but I'm getting used to it.

SeveredSurvival
11-14-2009, 01:26 AM
So good.

juckfush
12-03-2009, 01:42 AM
I found out about these guys a few weeks ago. I downloaded the Revitalized EP (don't worry, I'll be picking it up as soon as I find a copy! :p: ) and I love everything about it; the multi-genre breaks, the great transitions and melodies, and not to mention to great jazz fusion sound in a lot of it.

I started working on a Guitar Pro tab for the title track a little while back (20 seconds of the intro so far, a solo and the 7/8 to 6/8 part about 4 and a half minutes in). If anyone wants to help out, please do. :haha: The third repeat of the intro is killing me, as well as some of those more discordant harmonies.

SovereignReaper
12-03-2009, 01:44 AM
It didnt just blew my mind, it blew my soul man..... that was just so.... TITS

Magero
12-03-2009, 01:49 AM
I found out about these guys a few weeks ago. I downloaded the Revitalized EP (don't worry, I'll be picking it up as soon as I find a copy! :p: ) and I love everything about it; the multi-genre breaks, the great transitions and melodies, and not to mention to great jazz fusion sound in a lot of it.

I started working on a Guitar Pro tab for the title track a little while back (20 seconds of the intro so far, a solo and the 7/8 to 6/8 part about 4 and a half minutes in). If anyone wants to help out, please do. :haha: The third repeat of the intro is killing me, as well as some of those more discordant harmonies.
Dude, send it here. I just wanna hear what you've done :haha

juckfush
12-03-2009, 04:57 AM
Damn UG and its dis-allowance of attachments in PMs :mad: I'll just upload what I have here, though I can assure you that a lot of it is off, at least in terms of harmonies. :haha: GP4 format, just to be safe. And hey, if anybody wants to collaborate on this or other songs off the EP, just give me a heads up - I'd love some assistance!

:cheers:

Deplorable
12-03-2009, 05:47 AM
This is amazing stuff

Valderama
12-03-2009, 09:04 AM
I came.
EVERYWHERE.

Love it.

We'realltoBlame
12-10-2009, 11:57 PM
I shat bricks when I first heard it.
Is the CD release show just for the Revitalized EP, or are they releasing something new?

GodofCheesecake
12-11-2009, 01:42 AM
Damn UG and its dis-allowance of attachments in PMs :mad: I'll just upload what I have here, though I can assure you that a lot of it is off, at least in terms of harmonies. :haha: GP4 format, just to be safe. And hey, if anybody wants to collaborate on this or other songs off the EP, just give me a heads up - I'd love some assistance!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CB979I-dMK8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYpGxSBiMkw

EDIT: Jesus christ, the drummer is commenting on some of these videos and has listed the ages of three of the band members: 16, 18, and 19. That's just depressing.

Hella_Br00tal
12-11-2009, 07:16 PM
lol

Lappo
12-11-2009, 08:11 PM
lolseconded

Titansfan920
12-11-2009, 09:09 PM
This. Is. Amazing. How the hell are they unsigned!?

Lappo
12-12-2009, 12:20 AM
This. Is. Amazing. How the hell are they unsigned!?cause they make poopy music

actually, you'd think they then would get signed, seeing as that's the trend these days- popular poopy poppy piles of putrid piss

:cool:

juckfush
12-12-2009, 12:37 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CB979I-dMK8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYpGxSBiMkw

EDIT: Jesus christ, the drummer is commenting on some of these videos and has listed the ages of three of the band members: 16, 18, and 19. That's just depressing.

Cheers for the links, but I've already contributed a fair few views to each of them :haha: Alas, with sparse results :(

The one riff I'd LOVE to be able to get under my fingers is the crazy Arsis-esque riff 1:22 into Revitalized, not to mention the arpeggios 2:28 - 3:10 in Skylines. Sounds like a fun little finger-twister :p:
And on that note, the whole jazz section in Skylines is killer.

Is anybody else working on tabbing anything, by the way? :haha:

GodofCheesecake
12-12-2009, 12:50 AM
I 'm pretty sure that part in Skylines is tapping, not sweeping. Unless by arpeggios you just meant chordal notes but one at a time.

Yeah, I'd love to help you with that tab. I mean, I'd love to be ABLE to figure out things that complicated by ear :haha

juckfush
12-12-2009, 01:00 AM
Chordal tones one at a time, yup =] The crazy diminished run from 2:40 - 2:44 is definitely picked; the tonality's just way too mechanical to be tapped or performed with any lengthy legato technique. But the run after it, that leads into and continues into the chorus(?) is tapping for sure!

... That's it - I'm going to try to get those dastardly arpeggios down! :mad:

And thanks heaps for the offer, I'll definitely be needing some assistance with this. Even the simplest contribution can get any one of us on track, so anything would be great, if you have the time. :) I'll keep posting updates with excerpts from parts I figure out; if there are to be any more, anyway. ^ ^

EDIT: As a side note, does anyone know of any bands of a similar style to PIE? Technically demanding but still melodic and cohesive? I'd definitely like to get some PIE under my belt (no sexual innuendo :mad: ), but until some tabs are up, I'd like something to get myself working hard. Thanks in advance to anyone who replies. :cheers:

GodofCheesecake
12-12-2009, 03:50 AM
he crazy diminished run from 2:40 - 2:44 is definitely picked; the tonality's just way too mechanical to be tapped or performed with any lengthy legato technique
I thought the same thing, but I think in one of their studio videos he's just messing around and he plays it entirely tapping. That might've been before he decided on the final album version of the solo or maybe he was just playing around though, I don't know.
EDIT: As a side note, does anyone know of any bands of a similar style to PIE? Technically demanding but still melodic and cohesive? I'd definitely like to get some PIE under my belt (no sexual innuendo ), but until some tabs are up, I'd like something to get myself working hard.
Ummmm, The Contortionist, Knives Exchanging Hands (PLEASE tab some of their songs, dude), The Eyes of a Traitor, The Human Abstract, Protest the Hero, and of course the obligatory Between the Buried and Me.

NY_FootBall49
12-12-2009, 04:01 AM
I thought the same thing, but I think in one of their studio videos he's just messing around and he plays it entirely tapping. That might've been before he decided on the final album version of the solo or maybe he was just playing around though, I don't know.

Ummmm, The Contortionist, Knives Exchanging Hands (PLEASE tab some of their songs, dude), The Eyes of a Traitor, The Human Abstract, Protest the Hero, and of course the obligatory Between the Buried and Me.

I learned As A Star Dies by ear that melody before the solo is amazing, anyway if I ever get some time I'll post it on this site.

juckfush
12-12-2009, 04:09 AM

juckfush, boofhead :p: Which video was that part in? I know I've seen a tapping section in one of the videos, but it was for Purity, not Skylines. I can only hope I'm wrong, because a video might be the only chance I'll have to tab it. :(

And yessir! I've already got some of the obligatory PTH, THA and BTBAM ;) I'll definitely check out the other three, and I'll give tabbing a try - hey, I'm on holidays now anyway! :haha:

Cheers for the recommendations, I'll return back shortly with tidings of EXTREME CRITICISM :cheers:

GodofCheesecake
12-12-2009, 04:17 AM
juckfush, boofhead :p:
No idea why I did that :haha
Which video was that part in? I know I've seen a tapping section in one of the videos, but it was for Purity, not Skylines. I can only hope I'm wrong, because a video might be the only chance I'll have to tab it. :(
Found it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guZAam8xA8g

1:06. It's not the final version, but the first few notes are, and he taps them all.
And yessir! I've already got some of the obligatory PTH, THA and BTBAM ;) I'll definitely check out the other three, and I'll give tabbing a try - hey, I'm on holidays now anyway! :haha:

Cheers for the recommendations, I'll return back shortly with tidings of EXTREME CRITICISM :cheers:

By the way, what tuning do they use? I've got an idea of how to play the clean arpeggios in Skylines starting at about 7:30 in but I'm tuned a step down so I don't know what position I should move it to for the actual tab.

juckfush
12-12-2009, 04:37 AM
No idea why I did that :haha

Found it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guZAam8xA8g

1:06. It's not the final version, but the first few notes are, and he taps them all.

By the way, what tuning do they use? I've got an idea of how to play the clean arpeggios in Skylines starting at about 7:30 in but I'm tuned a step down so I don't know what position I should move it to for the actual tab.

Bah, no worries :p:

Cheers for the video! I've seen the clip before but never picked up on that part :haha: And I never would have guessed it was tapped... do you think it was picked for the recording? I only ask because it seemed really sloppy with the tap take (so maybe they changed it?)

I tuned to Drop C to write up what I have of Revitalized. Though in the videos the band has uploaded, it seemed to be a half step down (I'm always in E standard and I had to shift everything tone a semitone, grr!). I'd say Drop C is the safest bet though, so what you have should be right about on. ;)
Would you mind uploading what you have of the clean section? Unless you want to make updates or what-not first, of course.

And, here is... the first 30 odd seconds of ''Put On your Dancing Shoes''! Is there any particular song you'd like though? I just decided to pick one with a funny name.

And to get back on topic: Does anyone else here love that awesome tech-riff after the rap in Skylines?

EDIT: And the outro sweeps for Skylines - G# major, A minor, A minor with an augmented fifth on top, and on the second repeat, a Baug5. It took a second to notice to sub-modulation :haha:

GodofCheesecake
12-12-2009, 05:01 AM
Cheers for the video! I've seen the clip before but never picked up on that part :haha: And I never would have guessed it was tapped... do you think it was picked for the recording? I only ask because it seemed really sloppy with the tap take (so maybe they changed it?)
Yeah, I thought the seemed pretty sloppy too (although much better than I could do haha). That seems like a reasonable scenario.
I tuned to Drop C to write up what I have of Revitalized. Though in the videos the band has uploaded, it seemed to be a half step down (I'm always in E standard and I had to shift everything tone a semitone, grr!). I'd say Drop C is the safest bet though, so what you have should be right about on. ;)
Would you mind uploading what you have of the clean section? Unless you want to make updates or what-not first, of course.
Oh, I haven't actually tabbed it out yet, just figured it out in my head. To be honest I'm not too experienced at tabbing things yet, but it's something I'd like to start doing. Do you have Powertab? I can try to get what I have onto that sometime tomorrow, I'm not as familiar with Guitar Pro.
And, here is... the first 30 odd seconds of ''Put On your Dancing Shoes''! Is there any particular song you'd like though? I just decided to pick one with a funny name.
I'd really like to see A Kansas City Shuffle and The Death of Pappy Gatmus tabbed out, if you wouldn't mind :cheers:
And to get back on topic: Does anyone else here love that awesome tech-riff after the rap in Skylines?
Absolutely.
EDIT: And the outro sweeps for Skylines - G# major, A minor, A minor with an augmented fifth on top, and on the second repeat, a Baug5. It took a second to notice to sub-modulation :haha:
Yeah, I had figured out that one as well. Except I'm not up on my theory enough to call it all of that haha.

I need to learn my theory but I never have the time =/

juckfush
12-12-2009, 05:11 AM
Yeah, I thought the seemed pretty sloppy too (although much better than I could do haha). That seems like a reasonable scenario.

Oh, I haven't actually tabbed it out yet, just figured it out in my head. To be honest I'm not too experienced at tabbing things yet, but it's something I'd like to start doing. Do you have Powertab? I can try to get what I have onto that sometime tomorrow, I'm not as familiar with Guitar Pro.

I'd really like to see A Kansas City Shuffle and The Death of Pappy Gatmus tabbed out, if you wouldn't mind :cheers:

Absolutely.

Yeah, I had figured out that one as well. Except I'm not up on my theory enough to call it all of that haha. B

I need to learn my theory but I never have the time =/

I can download, Powertab, sure =] And take your time with it, it's no rush!
I'll get around to tabbing those pieces out sometime in the next couple days - three days left of school and I'm off for five weeks, woot! I'll just e-mail them over to you when I'm done, or if I've made any decent progress. ;)

Theory was something that took me a while to grip, and at the moment I'd say I'm developing a decent knowledge of intervals and chord construction, and modulation/key changing. My tutor and I spent weeks analyzing jazz pieces, distinguishing the chords and their notes, and then deciding on which voicings to use - which is really hard work, but definitely pays - and has payed - off! But for me personally, I really like thinking in terms of intervals and the relationship between notes. It just serves as a good foundation. =]
If you like, I can PM you a few tips and pointers to get you started? It wouldn't be a hassle at all to me, so just let me know. :cheers:

GodofCheesecake
12-12-2009, 05:17 AM
I can download, Powertab, sure =] And take your time with it, it's no rush!
Haha, judging by your theory knowledge and how quickly you tabbed that Knives song, I'm probably not going to be much help to you after all, but I can take a stab at it just for the experience and you can probably fix my mistakes.
I'll get around to tabbing those pieces out sometime in the next couple days - three days left of school and I'm off for five weeks, woot! I'll just e-mail them over to you when I'm done, or if I've made any decent progress. =]
Awesome :cheers:
Theory was something that took me a while to grip, and at the moment I'd say I'm developing a decent knowledge of intervals and chord construction, and modulation/key changing. My tutor and I spent weeks analyzing jazz pieces, distinguishing the chords and their notes, and then deciding on which voicings to use - which is really hard work, but definitely pays - and has payed - off!
If you like, I can PM you a few tips and pointers to get you started? It wouldn't be a hassle at all to me, so just let me know. :cheers:
I've attempted to learn a bit several times from instructional books and the internet, but each time I've run into a few roadblocks. Now that I've started college, though, I'm considering learning enough over the summer to get into the music theory classes my university offers.

And yeah, what could that hurt? Thanks, dude :D

juckfush
12-12-2009, 06:09 AM
Dude, any contribution at all is helpful, don't worry! And the more you do, you more you'll improve, so don't be shy. ;)

I sent you a PM with the first little lesson :haha: Feel free to contact me anytime with a PM or whatnot, I'd be glad to help out.

Anyways, I'm off for the night, so take care everybody! Keep this thread alive, these guys deserve recognition!

GodofCheesecake
12-12-2009, 07:50 PM
All right, I had some help learning a bit of Guitar Pro last night and it's WAY easier than Powertab haha. I had just learned on Powertab back before I got Guitar Pro and didn't know where the buttons were located, mainly.

But yeah, here's what I came up with. It may not be perfect, but it's definitely close.

Also, thanks for the PM :cheers:

juckfush
12-12-2009, 09:12 PM
And you were worried it was off?! O.o It sounds spot on to me, so a big high five and thank you for you! :five: I love that part, sort of reminds me of Minus The Bear, oddly enough :haha: And Guitar Pro's definitely the way to go once you get the hang of it! Powertab had me pretty bewildered yesterday :haha:

I'm glad the PM could help you out, and if there are any specific questions you have, feel free to drop me a message anytime. Otherwise, I can send you another few bits and pieces every couple days to keep everything flowing. :cheers:

I'm going to give Revitalized another shot over the next few days. I'm hoping to work the current tab up to the 1:40 mark or so, but some of those harmonies are kind of bizarre, what with all the atonality. I'll keep the timings as accurate as possible, but the harmonies might have to be a staple for a while. :cheers:

GodofCheesecake
12-12-2009, 09:32 PM
Oh good, glad I could help out :D Good luck with your tabbing and if I think I might be able to figure anything else out, I'll be sure to let you know.

SeveredSurvival
12-24-2009, 04:52 PM
I can't wait until they release a full-length it will be just a masterpiece, I just know it.

geoguitar
12-24-2009, 07:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LupUxQdKXCU

This right here might be the most amazing thing I have ever heard.

WHAT THE ****, THESE PEOPLE ARE SICK. AND THEY ARE JUST KIDS
WHAT THE HELL?!

NY_FootBall49
12-24-2009, 08:14 PM
They are ridiculously amazing. I just keep playing that EP again again and I have found no flaws. So sick. I know everyone wants to compare them to BTBAM but one thing that bothered me about BTBAM was the heavy parts were usually pretty boring and just seemed to take up space. They have really great heavy parts. How old are these guys anyway.

Going to the cd release show on the 27th and going to the Every Time I Die show the next day going to be a great weekend.

GodofCheesecake
12-24-2009, 08:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LupUxQdKXCU

This right here might be the most amazing thing I have ever heard.

WHAT THE ****, THESE PEOPLE ARE SICK. AND THEY ARE JUST KIDS
WHAT THE HELL?!
I have the same practice amp as him!

Thought that was pretty cool. Also that intro was AWESOME.

geoguitar
12-24-2009, 09:09 PM
That intro is so musically beautifull. It's breathtaking.
The worst part is they are supposedly all between 16(!) and 19 years of age.

How?

djurico666
12-24-2009, 09:44 PM
This band is fantastic!

Frosted Flakes
12-25-2009, 12:42 AM
These guys are incredible.. Loving them already

saxaxe
12-26-2009, 02:50 PM
I've only listened to the songs on myspace and meh. Yea they can play, but the music itself is fairly boring. They definitely use some really cool chords and melodies, but the clean singing (and rapping WTF) is awful. Overall, they're not really doing anything that would make me listen again. That new song intro video is sick though. Even if it does sound like a complete rip off of All New Materials.

GodofCheesecake
12-26-2009, 04:52 PM
Boring is subjective. Also I hated the rap at first, but I got used to it. The rest of that song is incredible, my favorite of the 3 on the EP, actually. The PTH-esque catchy part with the tapping in the background, the ACTUAL JAZZ part, and the clean part leading into the ending are all great.

saxaxe
12-26-2009, 05:01 PM
The rest of the song is good. Their jazz parts are the best parts of the songs, easily. If they took out the generic deathcore bits, the breakdowns, the br00tal riffs and diminished chugs, got a vocalist with a really powerful clean voice and intense scream, they could be really incredible.

GodofCheesecake
12-26-2009, 05:18 PM
You just described a jazz band with Mikael Akerfeldt on vocals.

Which would be interesting, I guess, but I don't think I would listen to it as much.

TheDEP
12-26-2009, 05:25 PM
Wow this band is impressive, I can't believe they're from Long Island and I haven't heard of them untill now.

saxaxe
12-26-2009, 05:25 PM
I mean I'd definitely want them to keep some of the heavier parts, just not the really boring genericore parts, which are abundant in the music. There are definitely ways to be heavy without being boring. Also, I was thinking something like Akerfeldt's clean vocals, but screams closer to what they've already got. His growls would offset the music in a really strange way, which could be cool I guess.

GodofCheesecake
12-26-2009, 05:31 PM
The only part that sounds like generic deathcore to me is the part after the jazz in Skylines but before the clean ending, and I think it fits there well.

Not every band has to avoid writing riffs that fit well int the song just because they're afraid they'll sound a little generic. And PIE as a whole clearly are not generic.

NY_FootBall49
12-26-2009, 05:33 PM
I love the vocalists scream its pretty unique and really adds to the music. His kinda R&B clean singing is great the lyrics are great. The rap part was amazing the lyrics are pretty funny. I find the death metal riffs pretty intersting. One of my fav bands right now.

Not only is the EP amazing but there between the ages of 16-19 that means when the EP was recorded they were between 15-18. So there only going to get better and mature there sound.

imsimon
12-26-2009, 05:35 PM
I love these guys! 9 minute songs for the win

MustangMan311
12-26-2009, 08:20 PM
I pretty much agree with saxaxe. I mean, they're really good and all, but I don't find them interesting. Also, I'm not a fan of the guy's singing.

TheJManSays
12-27-2009, 12:21 AM
I for one love the clean vocals. I think he has great delivery and is overall very versatile. One of my favorite new vocalists in a while.

GodofCheesecake
12-27-2009, 12:49 AM
I enjoy them as well. I especially like the recurring "If you sailed the seven seas" verse in Revitalized.

geoguitar
12-27-2009, 11:30 AM
Skyline is awesome!

Haven't gotten into the two other songs yet.

Dust_and_Guilt
12-27-2009, 11:43 AM
The outro to Skylines is effing awesome

You hear the song that my blade sings
'Cause you're the only one left listening.

The Spoon
12-27-2009, 01:56 PM
The rap part kinda made me go "eh", but it's not like it's terribly out of place. It fits in well with the music.

The songs themselves kick ass though. damn.

vMinipope610v
12-27-2009, 04:23 PM
Is this band even any good? I thought they just kind of added everyone possible on myspace and just sounded really typical/bland.

I mean, to each his own, but idk.

GodofCheesecake
12-27-2009, 05:12 PM
You probably heard their older stuff. Listen to the Revitalized EP, that's what everyone's excited about. Older EP is meh.

vMinipope610v
12-27-2009, 05:54 PM
This sounds like Veil Of Maya having sex with Misery Signals, kinda liking.

A lot better than their old stuff.

Magero
12-27-2009, 10:41 PM
I enjoy them as well. I especially like the recurring "If you sailed the seven seas" verse in Revitalized.
That rules, but my fav is in Skylines. The "Skyyyyliiiines, theeeey chaaaange" bit, with the bullshit lead riff underneath. <3

NY_FootBall49
12-28-2009, 12:06 AM
Hehe... P.I.E...

So ****ing amazing.

The "I will put knives in the hands in your children and tell them its your life our there's" is the best part. And the outro is amazing.

GodofCheesecake
12-28-2009, 12:36 AM
That rules, but my fav is in Skylines. The "Skyyyyliiiines, theeeey chaaaange" bit, with the bullshit lead riff underneath. <3
Dude, that's such a PTH moment. With the catchiness and the tapping in the background and all. He even says "with the blood of their dead." That's totally Bloodmeat.

EDIT: Not that that's a bad thing :haha

imsimon
12-28-2009, 10:52 AM
Hehe... P.I.E...

So ****ing amazing.

The "I will put knives in the hands in your children and tell them its your life our there's" is the best part. And the outro is amazing.

Agreed!
Skylines is definitely my favourite song, but yeah, I was a bit WTF at the rap bit first. Works though!

NY_FootBall49
12-28-2009, 04:40 PM
I bought tickets to Every Time I Dies welcome home show after there Euro tour and it said December 28. Painted In Exile were having there first show in a year and it was the 27th. So we were going to see P.I.E on our way to Buffalo. But ETID changed the date of there show to the 28th. They put on a great show like always but I'm kinda disappointed I missed P.I.E.

Eddie in Exile
12-31-2009, 03:00 PM
Hey what's up guys, just came by again to let everyone know hard copies of Revitalized are available now at our online store paintedinexile.bigcartel.com if you'd like to pick one up you'd be helping us out and they came out really nice! Also to clarify about the age thing, currently our ages look like this

Rob - 21
James - 17
William - 21
Marc - 19
Eddie - 19
Vin - 19

We wrote our first EP 3.14 in 2007 so back then James was 15 I was 17 etc.. so maybe that's where the confusion was stirred up.

I have live videos of the show from Sunday for anyone who wants to check them out! Here they are -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uRCQCpzdfw - Revitalized

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IW7JoRR0TuU&feature=related - Distanced

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeAyCb8ha0k&feature=related - Skylines

On a side note, we just shot a music video for revitalized, it's going to be the entire 9 min with a story plot, live shots, location shots and 2d animation of the roots on the cover of the artwork. Thanks for supporting us as always! And again if I don't respond immediately it's because I barely visit forums which I apologize in advanced for. Thanks again.

-Eddie

GodofCheesecake
12-31-2009, 03:35 PM
Also to clarify about the age thing, currently our ages look like this

Rob - 21
James - 17
William - 21
Marc - 19
Eddie - 19
Vin - 19
I still find that absolutely ridiculous. I'm 18 and I don't like to think I suck at guitar, but I really can't see myself writing music anywhere NEAR this level in a year. Or three, for that matter :haha
On a side note, we just shot a music video for revitalized, it's going to be the entire 9 min with a story plot, live shots, location shots and 2d animation of the roots on the cover of the artwork. Thanks for supporting us as always! And again if I don't respond immediately it's because I barely visit forums which I apologize in advanced for. Thanks again.

-Eddie
Sounds awesome, dude. Looking forward to seeing that. Also looking forward to buying the EP. Play more shows! Preferably in NC!

MustangMan311
12-31-2009, 04:14 PM
Hey what's up guys, just came by again to let everyone know hard copies of Revitalized are available now at our online store paintedinexile.bigcartel.com if you'd like to pick one up you'd be helping us out and they came out really nice! Also to clarify about the age thing, currently our ages look like this
Come play in North Carolina, man. You'd fit in well with some of the bands here, especially mine. :p:

Colton165
12-31-2009, 11:57 PM
I was pointed to this band by the Deathcore thread and Hardcore recs.

This band slays, and is gonna be huge!

I got the EP today and I've listened to it at least 4 times (that i can count lol)

juckfush
01-01-2010, 12:20 AM

Rob - 21
James - 17
William - 21
Marc - 19
Eddie - 19
Vin - 19

We wrote our first EP 3.14 in 2007 so back then James was 15 I was 17 etc.. so maybe that's where the confusion was stirred up.

I have live videos of the show from Sunday for anyone who wants to check them out! Here they are -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uRCQCpzdfw - Revitalized

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IW7JoRR0TuU&feature=related - Distanced

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeAyCb8ha0k&feature=related - Skylines

-Eddie
Oh snap, great quality videos guys - and killer playing to boot! Congratulations on the turn out at the show and all of your success so far, including the video shoot. Keep up the great work, and again, kudos on all the great things you guys have accomplished. :cheers:
If you don't mind me asking, who were your influences in terms for music, and do you think any of those influences are integrated in what you write, and how? There's a whole lot going on in terms of genre changes and fusion, so I'm just a tad curious. Thanks in advance if you're able to reply. :cheers:

EDIT: I got a hefty laugh when 20 or so guys flocked over to the mic during the Revitalized chorus :haha:

Magero
01-01-2010, 01:15 AM
Goddamn, that venue looks so cramped :haha
But still, awesome vids. I'm watching Skylines atm and I haven't heard a fuck up yet. Love how the kids swarmed up for the rap :haha

edit: Vocals are a bit off in the clean bits, but nothing serious, most of it is spot on. Goddamn. So good.

P1ayingW1thF1re
01-01-2010, 02:45 AM
lol, there's a Painted in Exile thread?

Weird.

Hi guys. This band is amazing.

kthanxbai

EDIT: When the clean guitars came in during Revitalized, I went O_O because they were already super out of tune.

EnemyWolf
01-01-2010, 05:44 PM
Holy f*cking shit. Heard about this band today. What a way to set the tone for the new decade.

corrda00
01-01-2010, 09:12 PM
Wow.

I heard bout this band a while ago and took me a while to get into it but its some pretty sick stuff. I cant wait for an album sometime.

Colton165
01-02-2010, 12:00 AM
Wow.

I heard bout this band a while ago and took me a while to get into it but its some pretty sick stuff. I cant wait for an album sometime.
Yeah man I had heard OF THEM a while back but never listened. After picking my jaw off the ground, I bought the digital download.

TheJManSays
01-02-2010, 12:31 AM
Seeing those vids yesterday made me happy in the pants. Killer performance other than a few tech difficulties it looked like. Anyone else notice how William was ridiculous out of key for the clean parts of Skylines? But damn, they really tore it up. Can't wait for the music video!

SeveredSurvival
01-02-2010, 12:11 PM
Wow.

Hurray! I showed you them, aha.

EnemyWolf
01-02-2010, 12:18 PM
Been listening to this band and basically nothing else since 4 o clock yesterday and let me just say I f*cking LOVE THIS BAND.

The music got me at first then I watched their videos on youtube and read the lyrics while listening to the music and am just loving it more and more everytime.

If the guitar work isn't enough to prove that this 17 year old kid must be a god-complex or something, look at the album art work that he hand drew as well!

Deplorable
01-03-2010, 07:09 AM
So I started working out the basslines for Skylines and am about halfway, I'm working out Time Signatures as I go too.

We'realltoBlame
01-03-2010, 02:07 PM
MUST. BUY. CD. MUST. BUY. NAO. *gurgle*

Magero
01-03-2010, 08:33 PM
So I started working out the basslines for Skylines and am about halfway, I'm working out Time Signatures as I go too.
When you're done, feel free to tab it out to send to me or something :p:

NY_FootBall49
01-20-2010, 09:06 PM
Do they play 7 strings. I thought they played 6 but the guitarist was responding to a comment on the studio video and said that fender looking guitar is the only 6 string he owns.

TheThirdCut
01-20-2010, 11:12 PM
Do they play 7 strings. I thought they played 6 but the guitarist was responding to a comment on the studio video and said that fender looking guitar is the only 6 string he owns.
Not for the Revitalized EP. They may have played 7 strings on the EP before or they might just toy around with them.

Arterial
01-23-2010, 08:15 AM
I'm really loving Skylines right now, I think everyone is.
I don't mind the rapping part too much I guess, its certainly a step forward for Prog. Only complaint I would have is the vocalist using the word "n*gga". I personally find that only black people should be using that word.
Everything else is brutal though.

geoguitar
01-23-2010, 09:28 AM
The way I see it, the rap part is kind of a parody. So the use of the word "nigga", is approriate. Either way, it's an awesome song.

Arterial
01-23-2010, 09:49 AM
The way I see it, the rap part is kind of a parody. So the use of the word "nigga", is approriate. Either way, it's an awesome song.
a parody of what though? :S

geoguitar
01-23-2010, 09:51 AM
Black gangster rap people. You know

Arterial
01-23-2010, 09:58 AM
Black gangster rap people. You know
oh yeah but i dunno if its a parody. IMO he couldve just replaced "n*gga" with a plethora of other words...

Greenday389
01-23-2010, 01:13 PM
If it isn't right for a non-black person to say it then it isn't right for a black person to say it. Plus it was really obvious that it was a parody.

nashawa
01-23-2010, 01:17 PM
If it isn't right for a non-black person to say it then it isn't right for a black person to say it.
Really? You're one of those people who actually think that?

geoguitar
01-23-2010, 01:21 PM
Can only white people say white people too?

NY_FootBall49
01-23-2010, 02:48 PM
Wow just wow! Taking political correctness to the next level.

Anyway my n1ggas the rap isn't a parody I think he just likes rap/thought it would be fun.

geoguitar
01-23-2010, 09:55 PM
It is not meant to be serious, hence parody

Magero
01-23-2010, 10:29 PM
It's definitely just having a bit of fun and taking the piss out of that sort of mainstream rap bullshit that sings about bitches, money and poppin' caps.

Personally though, the whole "only blacks can say nigger" thing is stupid. I don't like the word full stop, no matter who's using it.

P1ayingW1thF1re
01-23-2010, 10:31 PM
I need to be in here more, considering I've listened to Revitalized almost 50 times.

nashawa
01-23-2010, 10:40 PM
I don't like the word full stop, no matter who's using it.
I should have added this into my previous comment.

NY_FootBall49
01-23-2010, 10:45 PM
It's definitely just having a bit of fun and taking the piss out of that sort of mainstream rap bullshit that sings about bitches, money and poppin' caps.

Personally though, the whole "only blacks can say nigger" thing is stupid. I don't like the word full stop, no matter who's using it.

What, where have you been? You can't say anything that could ever possibly offend anyone ever!

EVER!

TheThirdCut
01-24-2010, 12:23 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a24FY0zu-eU&feature=channel
TERRIBLE sound quality, but :haha: @ 7:12.

Masshuu
01-24-2010, 03:37 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a24FY0zu-eU&feature=channel
TERRIBLE sound quality, but :haha: @ 7:12.
:haha: :haha: :haha:

Damn right about the sound quality though.

geoguitar
01-24-2010, 07:57 AM
What is he doing?
Does he want the mic or something?

Titansfan920
01-24-2010, 10:30 AM
He is doing the ball tickler (like when people solo.)

Why is he doing it there.......beats me.

SeveredSurvival
01-24-2010, 11:03 AM
Nigga.

geoguitar
01-24-2010, 12:47 PM
Are you black, mister?

SeveredSurvival
01-24-2010, 01:09 PM
No, but I am imperial.

NY_FootBall49
01-24-2010, 03:58 PM
Nigga Nigga!

NIGGAS

P1ayingW1thF1re
01-24-2010, 04:00 PM
Stole my bike.

P1ayingW1thF1re
01-24-2010, 04:09 PM
Tell me more.

:lurk:

SeveredSurvival
01-24-2010, 04:41 PM
Tell moar!

NY_FootBall49
01-24-2010, 04:42 PM
Some dude tried to mug me while I was waiting for the bus last year after football practice. Two of my buddies were inside a deli getting something. And I thought I was some kind of tough guy plus I wasn't trying to get mugged so I tried to fight him off. Anyway he sliced the inside of my arm and stabbed the outside of my leg (not real deep deep enough to need stiches) my friends came out he ran away.

In hindsight not to smart on my part.

SeveredSurvival
01-24-2010, 04:44 PM
Speaking of football are you a Jets fan?

P1ayingW1thF1re
01-24-2010, 04:48 PM
Perhaps all that thug needed was your blood, and now he is secretly making a clone army of NY_FootBall49's in his secret underground lair!

SeveredSurvival
01-24-2010, 04:50 PM
and ouch dude, living in ny sounds dangerous

P1ayingW1thF1re
01-24-2010, 05:00 PM
I lived there for six years or so and I'm fine :)

ChemicalFire
01-24-2010, 05:08 PM
They've been fellatio'd a fair bit over in the Deathcore thread.

I love em.

NY_FootBall49
01-24-2010, 05:10 PM
Nah they deserve all the hype they get.

geoguitar
01-24-2010, 05:12 PM
They are coming out with a full length too, right?

P1ayingW1thF1re
01-24-2010, 05:14 PM
They've begun writing, but I doubt it'll be out until the end of the year at the earliest.

One on Sunday
01-24-2010, 05:47 PM
Fallen in love with the EP. The rapping does irk me though, I can't listen to it without thinking of Limp Biskit

Colton165
02-01-2010, 01:31 AM
Well i mean... its supposed to be a joke

We'realltoBlame
02-01-2010, 06:53 PM
The Revitalized EP STILL hasn't left my CD player since I got it.

P1ayingW1thF1re
02-01-2010, 06:54 PM
Good good good!

One on Sunday
02-01-2010, 09:09 PM
Well i mean... its supposed to be a joke
Not a very funny one

TheThirdCut
02-01-2010, 11:24 PM
I listen to the EP at least 3 times a day.
Is there something wrong with me or this normal?

Colton165
02-01-2010, 11:45 PM
its pretty normal for a while. i listen to it occasionally now. i think i overplayed it for the first 2 weeks. it was ALL i listened to for a while.

Arterial
02-08-2010, 06:56 AM
ive started listening to Revitalized now, its a pretty good song too, i just love headbanging at 0:48 =D

P1ayingW1thF1re
02-08-2010, 05:55 PM
There isn't a single second of music on that EP that isn't outstanding.

ride-the-spiral
02-08-2010, 06:24 PM
I dunno those silences in between songs was a bit mediocre, nowhere near as good as the silence in between Brokencyde songs.

slorggetti
02-08-2010, 06:32 PM
Yeah but NOTHING is as good as silence after a Brokencyde song... That's just not fair, maaaaaaannnngggg

Annihilator666
02-08-2010, 06:49 PM
I know Revitalized just came out a few months ago, but I really want to hear some more from these guys.

NY_FootBall49
02-08-2010, 08:50 PM
I know Revitalized just came out a few months ago, but I really want to hear some more from these guys.

Try like a few years ago. 08 I think.

TheThirdCut
02-08-2010, 10:38 PM
That must have been quite the delayed CD release show then if they had it on 12/27/09.
:p:

GodofCheesecake
02-08-2010, 10:42 PM
He's talking about their earlier EP, which might as well be an entirely different band.

TheThirdCut
02-08-2010, 10:56 PM
... Thanks for making me feel stupid. :sad:
But I kinda like their older EP too. :shrug:

TheJManSays
02-08-2010, 11:02 PM

Nope... they recorded it sometime last summer (09) and they didn't release anything until November or so.

GodofCheesecake
02-08-2010, 11:22 PM
He's STILL talking about the earlier EP.

UntoExistence
02-09-2010, 12:05 AM
the one that ISN'T called revitalized?

TheJManSays
02-09-2010, 12:11 AM
He's STILL talking about the earlier EP.

Right, but Annihilator was talking about Revitalized. So NY_Football seems to be confused about something.

UntoExistence
02-09-2010, 12:11 AM
exactly

GodofCheesecake
02-09-2010, 12:24 AM
wat

Magero
02-09-2010, 08:03 AM
ITT: Stephen Hawking vs. The Talking Alarm Clock.

It's like watching a Dalek and a Cyberman try to identify each other.

GodofCheesecake
02-09-2010, 01:19 PM
Well that went a mile or two over my head.

Magero
02-09-2010, 09:40 PM
Doctor Who references ftw.

Colton165
02-13-2010, 04:04 PM
so alex wade from whitechapel loves PIE.

This shit is ****ing amazing. I haven't heard music composed this well in a long time.

Not being a dick, just being completely honest with constructive criticism from one musician to another, but the rapping in the beginning of the 3rd song is really dumb and ruins the song in my opinion. If you want to be taken seriously in the music business (which i think with your other material you very easily could) you don't need to be doing "silly" stuff like that in such well crafted music. Unless you want your sole fan base to be dumb kids 15-18 who when you release your second full length won't like you anymore because you won't be the "cool" music to be into, instead of having real, true fans who appreciate you for your musicianship and will fully support you by buying merch, CD's, and paying the ticket price to come to your show and put gas in your van to get to the next show.

Keep it up, you'll be turning heads sooner than you think.

GodofCheesecake
02-13-2010, 04:37 PM
Wow, it's really weird to hear the dude from Whitechapel try to give PIE advice on songwriting.

Colton165
02-13-2010, 04:52 PM
i somewhat agree on the rap topic though.

on their full length if they remaster and add/take from skylines, id like to see it removed but maybe thats just me.

doesnt 'ruin' the song, its good for a laugh, but idk

Greenday389
02-13-2010, 07:10 PM
I didn't find it that funny. I'm going to agree and say it really didn't add anything and therefor subtracted by taking away from the awesomeness of the song.

Magero
02-13-2010, 09:20 PM
I'm sorry, I didn't realise the idea of the music industry was to be taken 100% seriously, all the time. Last time I checked, BTBAM have plenty of stupid little bits in their songs, PtH put in fucking cats meowing and they're both taken seriously as professional musicians. Alex should just stfu and go back to his three chord chug or get it into his head that not every band needs to be straight forward, deadly seriously music all the time. Music is about having fun, and if the guys in PiE are enjoying what they're doing, then that's all that matters.

And anyway, who the fuck does he think he is giving out advice on how to be taken seriously? His band has lyrics that include "anal seepage flowing".

geoguitar
02-13-2010, 10:02 PM
Let PIE do their thing FFS.

NY_FootBall49
02-13-2010, 11:45 PM
I didn't find it that funny. I'm going to agree and say it really didn't add anything and therefor subtracted by taking away from the awesomeness of the song.

The whole rap intro fit PERFECTLY with the lyrical theme of the song. A superior person dominating his victims striking fear into there hearts and taking pleasure in doing it. So yea I think it added something and showed the singers amazing versasititly because like it or not rap is a legitimate musical genre and I find his delivery to be really superb so maybe like any real musician he took something from another musical genre and added it to his own music.

UntoExistence
02-14-2010, 05:07 AM
^wow

TheThirdCut
02-14-2010, 12:21 PM
The ending of Skylines would be able to make me forgive ANYTHING they did with the song.
With that said, I :heart: the rap at the beginning. :shrug:

I-am-hollywood
02-14-2010, 03:27 PM
damnnn this bands amazinnn Im gonna be blasting this shit for dayss thanks for the find :]

zezimathehero
02-14-2010, 03:32 PM
I thought he was a terrible rapper and his lyrics for the rap were terrible. Even if they were joke lyrics, they were still shitty joke lyrics.

UntoExistence
02-14-2010, 06:35 PM
^no kidding

geoguitar
02-15-2010, 09:21 AM
I disagree:)

ChemicalFire
02-15-2010, 09:23 AM
The rapping isn't bad for what it is. It seems fine to me; then again I'm not a massive rap fan.

NY_FootBall49
02-15-2010, 02:44 PM
I think the moral of this story is that Alex Wade has no business criticizing P.I.E. He should just focus on writing extremely generic and uncreative music.

Greenday389
02-15-2010, 05:54 PM
He was just stating his opinion through his criticism. I don't see why he has to be burned at the stake for doing that.

P1ayingW1thF1re
02-21-2010, 12:16 AM
New bass player. I like him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYqqT1tlVFQ&feature=sub

GodofCheesecake
02-21-2010, 12:18 AM
Oh good. That other dude was awkward as hell in heir studio vids.

NY_FootBall49
02-21-2010, 12:21 AM
Oh good. That other dude was awkward as hell in heir studio vids.

He was funny as hell. What video were you watching.

P1ayingW1thF1re
02-21-2010, 12:29 AM
Well, since there's only one...

GodofCheesecake
02-21-2010, 12:35 AM
He was funny as hell. What video were you watching.
The one where he was wearing the astronaut hat and talking in an accent? That was pretty awkward, dude.

P1ayingW1thF1re
02-21-2010, 12:37 AM
I think the new guy is going to add a lot to their music, so I'm pretty excited.

Also, that Astronaut suit could have easily made it on to "What Not To Wear."

Greenday389
02-21-2010, 01:31 AM
I really didn't like the old bass player. This one seems promising. Can't wait to hear some awesome progish bass lines instead of the lame ones they had.

Arterial
03-06-2010, 09:45 PM
Okay now I love the rapping intro of skylines :)

Magero
03-07-2010, 06:15 AM
Got my white Revitalized shirt and "Revitalzed" EP ololol.
Awesome stuff.

Deplorable
03-07-2010, 06:17 AM
What's the typo on the Ep? I don't have it, so I don't know.

Magero
03-07-2010, 06:37 AM
The front cover. It's spelt "Revitalzed" olololol

ride-the-spiral
03-07-2010, 09:24 AM
It's a typo because it's meant to be Revitalised.

http://rahiel.dlnet.org/images/TrollFace.png

UntoExistence
03-22-2010, 03:41 AM
i find it hard to get memorable things out of their songs, anyone else?

Magero
03-22-2010, 04:10 AM
I could name 10 things I remember as being amazing off the top of my head, right now.

geoguitar
03-22-2010, 10:16 AM
Me too.

Annihilator666
03-22-2010, 05:16 PM
As could I.

My P.i.E shirt came in the mail today. I'm pretty pumped on that.

MustangMan311
03-22-2010, 05:48 PM
I feel exactly the same. I don't remember a single riff, sweep, or anything. The horrible rapping is the only thing that sticks in my head.

slorggetti
03-22-2010, 05:57 PM
The second breakdown in Skylines stuck with me pretty well...

NY_FootBall49
03-22-2010, 07:47 PM
I could name 10 things I remember as being amazing off the top of my head, right now.

1.The breakdown in Distanced By Dissonance (shoulda been a few bars longer but baddass as all ****)
2.The last breakdown in Skylines.
3.The clean keyboard (I think its keys) part in Skylines right after the breakdown right before the epic sweeps.
4.The epic sweeps lol.
5.The acoustic part in Revitalized.
6.The jazz break in Skylines.
7.The riff after the first chorus in Revitalized.
8.The solo in Revitalized
9.All the clean vocals are pretty damn catchy.
10.The second little solo in Revitalized.
11.The keyboard riff in the beginning of Distanced By Dissonance.
12.The we've come for nothing more part in Skylines and the following little solo.
13.The riff after the jazz break in Skylines.

The thing about them is for me a least they are a lot more fun to listen to them BTBAM. I find myself listening to BTBAM and getting bored and just fast fowarding to some badass riff or solo. I think they are better at putting songs together. This is all based on personal preference though.

Arterial
03-22-2010, 11:42 PM
I personally love the riff RIGHT after the rapping part ends, like when the vocalist says "WOOH!"

geoguitar
03-24-2010, 06:39 PM
Me too! It is awesome!

Anyway, which song of Revitalized do you like the best?

I will have to go with Skylines.

NY_FootBall49
03-24-2010, 06:49 PM
Distanced By Dissonance!

Arterial
03-25-2010, 10:18 PM
Skylines, naturally.

TheBabySnatcher
03-28-2010, 04:08 PM
I think a bump is in order for this amazing band, Revitalised is such a good song.

Arterial
03-28-2010, 07:06 PM
I hope they release a full album soon...and I hope full tabs arise :D
I have a feeling Skylines is gonna become like Selkies...in the way that fans will always want to hear it and theyll get sick of playing it for a while

ride-the-spiral
03-28-2010, 08:24 PM
I dunno, I think it's very likely that they'll have a song that's more loved when they release a full CD.

Magero
03-28-2010, 11:48 PM
I don't think any of their stuff that is out atm is getting like that. Everyone just wants to hear anything they do right now.

xjeffislegendx
04-05-2010, 10:14 PM
hey so i come from this bands home town and have a friend whos really close friends with all of them
for all the people hating on the rap, first of all its sick second of all its a joke (come on look at the lyriics stop being so quick to criticize)

if you like this band come out to their shows on long island like at finns pub saturday and sunday

and please vote them to play warped tour, even if you dont go to warped tour at uniondale, vote everyday for them to play as a favor to the band and give them a chance their an amazing band

heres the link
http://www.battleofthebands.com/paintedinexile

thanks!

xjeffislegendx
04-05-2010, 10:16 PM
the first 1000 eps had revitalized on the front cover and cd spelled as "revitalzed" as in without the i i have it spelt wrong and spelt right so its a pretty cool thing to have haha

xjeffislegendx
04-05-2010, 10:16 PM
What's the typo on the Ep? I don't have it, so I don't know.
the first 1000 eps had revitalized on the front cover and cd spelled as "revitalzed" as in without the i i have it spelt wrong and spelt right so its a pretty cool thing to have haha

xjeffislegendx
04-05-2010, 10:19 PM
I think the moral of this story is that Alex Wade has no business criticizing P.I.E. He should just focus on writing extremely generic and uncreative music.
by the way if you hear the typical white chapel breakdown in one of the pie songs of revitalized (i forget which one it is) they put that there SPECIFICALLY to make fun of white chapel and their shitty music hahaha

xjeffislegendx
04-05-2010, 10:23 PM
Not a very funny one

dude its funny as hell
come on (bitches call me gandolph)
(if you coming to the show take your pants of, because its gonna be a pants of dance off)

they meant for it to be a joke and i hate how people are so critical of it, but whatever i have a friend whos really close friends with the whole band (i live a few minutes away from them) and they think it hilarious that they are being compared to limp bizkit and getting all this criticism over a joke ahahaha

Deplorable
04-05-2010, 10:29 PM
Wow... was that, a quintuple post?

There is an edit button there for a reason dude

UntoExistence
04-05-2010, 10:42 PM
i agree, WTF are you DOING!?

Eddie in Exile
04-05-2010, 11:31 PM
by the way if you hear the typical white chapel breakdown in one of the pie songs of revitalized (i forget which one it is) they put that there SPECIFICALLY to make fun of white chapel and their shitty music hahaha

Hey what's up man, thanks for all the positive love towards the band.
I just want to note that, we have nothing against WhiteChapel. Thanks, take care.

GodofCheesecake
04-05-2010, 11:38 PM
What the- was that a coincidence or do you lurk a lot more than you let on?!

geoguitar
04-06-2010, 03:56 PM
I wonder this aswell.

Eddie in Exile
04-06-2010, 09:43 PM
Haha, I have this thread bookmarked on my web browser as well as a couple of other forums who talk about the band. When I have free time/it comes to mind I just check them out and try to update everyone who's supporting us on what we're doing.

Speaking of which, we just shot more footage at the beach for the revitalized music video, pictures are up on our myspace page. We're supposed to release a documentary on the band/behind the scenes of the video shoots this week or the next....It depends on when the video producer finishes the job so It's really out of our hands at this point; same goes for the music video itself.

Thanks for the support again!

UntoExistence
04-06-2010, 09:53 PM
bah make more music. love the keys in the revitalized intro, pass it along

P1ayingW1thF1re
04-06-2010, 09:57 PM
Oh, damn. Eddie I've listened to the Revitalized EP (or should I say Revitalzed since I have the typo EP at my house, haha) over fifty times since I first got the shitty leak off the internet back in...November I think. Keep making awesome music man.

TheThirdCut
04-06-2010, 10:10 PM
Haha, I have this thread bookmarked on my web browser as well as a couple of other forums who talk about the band. When I have free time/it comes to mind I just check them out and try to update everyone who's supporting us on what we're doing.

Speaking of which, we just shot more footage at the beach for the revitalized music video, pictures are up on our myspace page. We're supposed to release a documentary on the band/behind the scenes of the video shoots this week or the next....It depends on when the video producer finishes the job so It's really out of our hands at this point; same goes for the music video itself.

Thanks for the support again!
When are we gonna hear something new? My anticipation for the song James played the intro to on youtube is killing me. :(
Also, we have the same name. :cool:

Eddie in Exile
04-08-2010, 03:26 PM
Awesome thanks a lot everyone. In the documentary we're releasing there will be brand new musical ideas included that we are currently working on. As far as hearing an entire new track/album goes, I don't want to give out any false dates because I'm not sure right now.

geoguitar
04-08-2010, 06:14 PM
Anyway, please just keep working!!

We all know you have something great going!!

Arterial
04-09-2010, 01:29 AM
Yeah and hurry up and start touring I wanna see you in Melbourne :P

asator
04-09-2010, 02:21 AM
Will you all leave Alex Wade alone? He's in a very succesfull band that have got big playing very un-comercial music. The dude obviously knows his shit. And he was very constructive, and complimented the band a lot. His opinion is more valid than most of you lot, since he's actually a professional musician and songwriter, but I bet you all still complain about parts of bands' music and suggest what could be better...

And to whoever said he can't crit. them because Whitechapel have hilariously savage lyrics, shut up. Those lyrics are obviously not meant to be 100% genuine, but they're not obvious in the song anyway. Due to Phil's screaming being a little on the unintelligable side :p: The rap part in Skylines is really blatant, and I can see why people wouldn't like it (there are several of them right here in this thread, in fact).

(For the record, I like both bands, including the "anal seepage flowing" part in Vicer and the rap part in Skylines.)

Magero
04-09-2010, 02:25 AM
Will you all leave Alex Wade alone? He's in a very succesfull band that have got big playing very un-comercial music. The dude obviously knows his shit. And he was very constructive, and complimented the band a lot. His opinion is more valid than most of you lot, since he's actually a professional musician and songwriter, but I bet you all still complain about parts of bands' music and suggest what could be better...

And to whoever said he can't crit. them because Whitechapel have hilariously savage lyrics, shut up. Those lyrics are obviously not meant to be 100% genuine, but they're not obvious in the song anyway. Due to Phil's screaming being a little on the unintelligable side :p: The rap part in Skylines is really blatant, and I can see why people wouldn't like it (there are several of them right here in this thread, in fact).

(For the record, I like both bands, including the "anal seepage flowing" part in Vicer and the rap part in Skylines.)
Might wanna buy a new GPS man, yours doesn't seem to know where "the point" is.

asator
04-09-2010, 02:32 AM
Might wanna buy a new GPS man, yours doesn't seem to know where "the point" is.
It's dead on mate. "The point" is that all these butthurt fans are overreacting just because someone in a band they don't like makes a perfectly valid point which lots of other people clearly agree on (as i said before, I'm not one of them, but still).

GodofCheesecake
04-09-2010, 02:39 AM
Actually a lot of people who commented on Alex Wade's... comments... listen to Whitechapel.

Such as myself and Magero.

You DID miss the point.

UntoExistence
04-09-2010, 02:39 AM
man i thought you put buttfart instead of butthurt, i was about to freak out :haha:
EDIT: at asator

asator
04-09-2010, 02:43 AM
Actually a lot of people who commented on Alex Wade's... comments... listen to Whitechapel.

Such as myself and Magero.

You DID miss the point.
I'd come back with something else about how I didn't, but to be perfectly honest you're probably right. I've probably misread something somewhere, I'm exhausted. :p: Either way, what I was trying to say is too many people were getting all bitchy just cos Alex said something they didn't like (and said it very politely as well). And the fact that Whitechapel's music is supposedly badly written or simplistic or whatever else has nothing to do with it.

Magero
04-09-2010, 02:43 AM
It's dead on mate. "The point" is that all these butthurt fans are overreacting just because someone in a band they don't like makes a perfectly valid point which lots of other people clearly agree on (as i said before, I'm not one of them, but still).

16 - Whitechapel 184 plays

Yes. As you can see, I am an adamant hater of Whitechapel, and that is the ONLY reason I could possibly have for having a go at their guitarist.

asator
04-09-2010, 02:44 AM
Yes. As you can see, I am an adamant hater of Whitechapel, and that is the ONLY reason I could possibly have for having a go at their guitarist.
Oh calm down and read my last post. Or this whole page for that matter.

Magero
04-09-2010, 02:45 AM
You post a long winded speech about how we're idiots and whingers, and then try and justify it with "I was tired"?

As the friend of the man who invented the feces powered helicopter said, "This shit will not fly."

asator
04-09-2010, 02:48 AM
You post a long winded speech about how we're idiots and whingers, and then try and justify it with "I was tired"?

As the friend of the man who invented the feces powered helicopter said, "This shit will not fly."
I wasn't calling anybody "idiots and whingers", was just saying "leave the guy alone, he's not said anything that bad". Then I backed down and said you guys are probably right, I probably did miss something. No need to go being dickish about it.

Magero
04-09-2010, 02:51 AM
http://www.saltcube.com/out-of-body/chat-forum/emot/backpedal.gif

Arterial
04-12-2010, 09:15 PM

On a totally unrelated note, I heard that feces powered helicopter thing from "Zero Punctuation."
*shrug*

Magero
04-12-2010, 10:40 PM
On a totally unrelated note, I heard that feces powered helicopter thing from "Zero Punctuation."
*shrug*
That's where I got it from. :p:

Arterial
04-13-2010, 05:31 PM
I knew it! I rather liked his limerick-ing on Wolfenstein =P
On another note, is anyone working on full tabs for skylines?

slorggetti
04-13-2010, 08:54 PM
Someone better be....

Arterial
04-13-2010, 09:12 PM
Someone better be....
or else...

NY_FootBall49
04-13-2010, 09:14 PM
A user here icedog has a youtube cover of like the first 30 seconds.

GodofCheesecake
04-13-2010, 09:42 PM
Juckfush was earlier in the thread. I tried to help him out and posted what I got of the clean part at the very end, if you wanted to play that.

Arterial
04-14-2010, 12:41 AM
yeah I saved those tabs already =)

Arterial
04-29-2010, 10:22 PM
Okay guys, started learning the intro of Revitalized, I tried working out Skylines intro riff by watching the video but couldnt work it out. :(

Smylodon
04-30-2010, 03:43 AM
I really like this band.

ttgaja
04-30-2010, 09:19 AM
I always like to know some important things. So i adhere to this site for collecting some important and useful topic for post and sharing with some of my friends. I like this topic Painted In Exile. its so useful.

geoguitar
04-30-2010, 01:10 PM
I always like to know some important things. So i adhere to this site for collecting some important and useful topic for post and sharing with some of my friends. I like this topic Painted In Exile. its so useful.

Me too... I think? :confused:

Arterial
04-30-2010, 10:58 PM
Me too... I think? :confused:
he's a bot I think.

Arterial
05-01-2010, 12:47 AM
hey guys, sorta..managed to figure out part of the intro. Can anyone help? :)

geoguitar
05-01-2010, 06:08 AM
Here is what I got.

And btw the studio version is a little bit different from how he plays on the video.

Arterial
05-01-2010, 06:20 AM
Oh? Why would that bastard do that for? >.>
I'm not too sure about your intro riff though... the part after the tremolo picking sounds right though.

geoguitar
05-01-2010, 06:31 AM
I'm fairly certain that bar 18-23 is correct, after that i don't know.

Arterial
05-01-2010, 07:10 AM
good work there geoguitar =)
hopefully we can get more people to help build this tab up lol.

Hopefully we can agree this is what we have so far.

espguitar//
05-01-2010, 10:50 AM
I added some drums and changed a few things... I would try work out some riffs but my guitars tuned one and a half steps lower than drop C and Ive got band practice today so I'm not guna muddle around with the tuning...

Good work geoguitar btw.

Arterial
05-01-2010, 06:22 PM
Nice fix espguitar, the additions and the changes are appreciated =)

and no gw for the artmeister? :(

geoguitar
05-01-2010, 07:23 PM
Maybe we could get that dude from the band to help us?

Arterial
05-01-2010, 08:53 PM
Maybe, he's probably busy writing and shit...too busy to let us randoms learn their stuff =P

geoguitar
05-01-2010, 09:03 PM
Probably, but anyway I did some more.
It's quite accurate I think.

Arterial
05-02-2010, 06:21 AM
^Brilliant!

geoguitar
05-02-2010, 10:08 AM
Thankss. I'm not sure about the time signatures though.

Arterial
05-02-2010, 04:56 PM
They seem okay, but I think the intro riff is a bit faster, 208 seems a bit slow for the riff.

geoguitar
05-02-2010, 05:49 PM
Yeah, I know.
I have changed it now.

espguitar//
05-03-2010, 04:37 AM
^sounding good.

geoguitar
05-03-2010, 10:01 AM
I've managed to tab some more :D

Arterial
05-03-2010, 10:36 AM
yeah there is possibly no way for me to help at all, youre waay ahead of me geo lol.

geoguitar
05-03-2010, 03:27 PM
The thing is that now I've tabbed everything from the video.
So it's going to go slower now. I cheated in tabbing though. I downloaded the video and played it in slowmotion.

Arterial
05-03-2010, 08:08 PM
Well thats what ive been TRYING to do. I slow motioned it too but I just couldnt get what he was doing, even at like 40% speed. Good work geo <3

geoguitar
05-04-2010, 03:20 AM
Thanks. We should get more people to help make this tab though.

Arterial
05-04-2010, 04:13 AM
Yeah, that'd be nice, i dunno how I could help anyway.

espguitar//
05-04-2010, 06:31 AM
Done another riffs worth of the drums... Dont know how accurate they are. Mainly using the vid of the old version of skylines they put on youtube but some of the fills are hard to work out...

Arterial
05-04-2010, 07:00 AM
^Nice add espguitar =)

GodofCheesecake
05-04-2010, 02:08 PM
One of you could PM juckfush and see how far he's gotten. He was tabbing it out earlier in the thread but I don't know how far he got.

geoguitar
05-04-2010, 03:29 PM
I've made quite some progress today aswell.

The solo will be quite challenging I think :p:

I would appreciate some help too. I'd really like to finish this, but I'm not sure I'll be able to on my own.

Arterial
05-04-2010, 04:58 PM
^Just had a look geoguitar. Looking good. Ill see if I can help you tonight, although nowadays im just busy learning whatever you tab out =P
Thanks once again!

espguitar//
05-05-2010, 02:07 AM
I've made quite some progress today aswell.

The solo will be quite challenging I think :p:

I would appreciate some help too. I'd really like to finish this, but I'm not sure I'll be able to on my own.
Yup, hasnt someone all ready tabed the end of the song out?