Born Against

PDA

View Full Version : Born Against

JxD
11-04-2009, 11:02 PM
Extremely political 90's hardcore from New York that happens to be completely unlike every NYHC band ever. Probably one of the best things to ever come out of that city. Peep this:

http://www.myspace.com/bornagainstis****ingdead

You will have to replace the **** with the "f-word" for the link to work. Unfortunately UG enjoys suppressing naughty language so bands with cussing in their url's suffer.

For fans of spousal abuse and pick-up trucks.

ImSteve
11-04-2009, 11:44 PM
I enjoy them, but I like Life's Blood a little more.

JxD
12-14-2009, 11:42 PM
This band rules and deserves more appreciation.

kurtrip
12-15-2009, 07:15 AM
it wont be a suprise I guess but I like this band :)

where are all the good bands at the first page?

nashawa
12-15-2009, 07:23 PM
Discovered them a year or so ago and was going to make a thread on them, but never got around to it.

scaryfried
12-30-2009, 07:17 PM
where are all the good bands at the first page?

unfortunately trivium and a7x always stay at the top. i wish ultimate guitar wasn't full of 12 year olds who cant grow beards.

JxD
03-26-2010, 02:34 PM
I listened to their discography the other night. This band needs more appreciation.

TheIrishPatriot
03-31-2011, 02:28 PM
I have no idea why this thread isn't bigger, Born Against have some of my favorite political lyrics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISIQb0YvpUI

Fuck your version of a world where no one's ugly and no one's old fuck your version of a beauty that sets the standards for all the runners up fuck your definition of perfection the smiling commodity that isn't human that isn't
allowed to step off the page and testify this isn't real.

punkforlife93
03-31-2011, 03:15 PM
Ooh, I dig it.

prophecygrrrl
09-14-2011, 01:49 AM
Ever since I discovered this band I've been wracking my brains trying to think of why they aren't treated as one of the best hardcore bands in the gnere.
They should be on the same level that people put black flag and minor threat on.
Damn they're good.

harrymac
09-14-2011, 02:53 AM
I don't know a whole heck of a lot about these guys, so any insight you could provide would be great. All I know is that they were either from Virginia or NYC, and that they only recorded a few records between 1989 and '93 before falling apart. The music is an intriguing, messy, screaming, muddy mix between what used to be called "grunge" (Hammerhead, Guzzard, Cows, Helmet) and what is still called "hardcore punk" (Agnostic Front, Slapshot, Gorilla Biscuits). Noisy fuzz-blast guitars and distorted thub-buzz bass combine with SCREAMED LIKE SPLINTER SHOUTED SHIT SANDWICH SHELL STATION SHIRLEY vocals to create a skull-crushing blast of angry young dick noise that makes you feel like you should clean out the inside of the stereo with Glass Plus when the listening experience has reached cessation. And political? Political how! Just look at those album titles. Have you ever seen any collection of letters so political in your life? And don't try to fib!! I can espy a fibber from several kilometers in most directions!!!!!! (Not North though) GODDAMMIT, WHO WROTE THAT???? NOW MY ACHILLES' HEEL HAS BEEN REVEALED TO ANY AND ALL WHO WISH TO PRACTICE THE ART OF DECEPTION!!!!!

Cianyx
09-14-2011, 04:03 AM
That made no sense whatsoever.

OT: One of the reasons why I find 90s Hardcore so great. Can't find this sort of grit anywhere else

lolmnt
09-14-2011, 02:47 PM
Born Against is rad.

nashawa
09-14-2011, 03:45 PM
I don't know a whole heck of a lot about these guys, so any insight you could provide would be great. All I know is that they were either from Virginia or NYC, and that they only recorded a few records between 1989 and '93 before falling apart. The music is an intriguing, messy, screaming, muddy mix between what used to be called "grunge" (Hammerhead, Guzzard, Cows, Helmet) and what is still called "hardcore punk" (Agnostic Front, Slapshot, Gorilla Biscuits). Noisy fuzz-blast guitars and distorted thub-buzz bass combine with SCREAMED LIKE SPLINTER SHOUTED SHIT SANDWICH SHELL STATION SHIRLEY vocals to create a skull-crushing blast of angry young dick noise that makes you feel like you should clean out the inside of the stereo with Glass Plus when the listening experience has reached cessation. And political? Political how! Just look at those album titles. Have you ever seen any collection of letters so political in your life? And don't try to fib!! I can espy a fibber from several kilometers in most directions!!!!!! (Not North though) GODDAMMIT, WHO WROTE THAT???? NOW MY ACHILLES' HEEL HAS BEEN REVEALED TO ANY AND ALL WHO WISH TO PRACTICE THE ART OF DECEPTION!!!!!

I want to sig part of this, but i feel like that was sort of his intent, so I won't.

due 07
09-14-2011, 08:20 PM
Probably among the best posts I've seen. RIP.