Hardcore Forum Facebook Thread

PDA

View Full Version : Hardcore Forum Facebook Thread

MustangMan311
11-11-2009, 11:18 PM
We're already a pretty tight-knit group- I guess that's the hardcore way to do things- So let's add each other on Facebook, eh?

http://www.facebook.com/codyrogers

GodofCheesecake
11-11-2009, 11:55 PM
How does it make you feel knowing that potentially hundreds of anonymous lurkers could very soon be looking at pictures of you and your girlfriend? :p:

And me, but they won't know that

probably...

MustangMan311
11-12-2009, 12:04 AM
Haha, I already don't know half of the people who I'm friends with on Facebook, so who cares?

Manos15
11-12-2009, 12:07 AM
http://www.facebook.com/stagedivesmakemefeelmorealive

chris_122
11-12-2009, 12:29 AM
I'm trying to use it more.

http://www.facebook.com/chrislewisblah

Cedence
11-12-2009, 12:30 AM
www.facebook.com/tysonluneau

lurk away

Veil Of Osiris
11-12-2009, 12:42 AM
I don't ever use Facebook. If we were talking Myspace, however....

MustangMan311
11-12-2009, 01:10 AM
That's odd. I only know one person that still uses MySpace everyday.

Cedence
11-12-2009, 01:15 AM
I like myspace more than facebook. However, being in college, far more people around me use facebook.

Okeefe Is Legit
11-12-2009, 04:41 AM

+1

Facebook is way too cluttered for me.

That and all the people that I don't really like but am nice to are my friends on facebook.

output24
11-12-2009, 05:51 AM
Wouldn't it better if we just make a UG Hardcore Forum facebook group?

nashawa
11-12-2009, 07:16 AM
www.facebook.com/nashawa

Do it up folks!

Also, everyone on here is a bassist?

Squifey
11-12-2009, 09:28 AM
http://www.facebook.com/anthonybuck

You guys can add me, though I don't like adding other people I don't know, it makes me feel weird.

MustangMan311
11-12-2009, 09:51 AM
:haha: I've noticed that as well.

Magero
11-12-2009, 09:58 AM
Pretty much aye :haha
I'm in.
www.facebook.com/oneyearlater

+}-136-{+
11-12-2009, 10:00 AM
Hey hey. Whadya know I'm a bassist too.

Don't feel like sharing my Facebook though. :p:

Cedence
11-12-2009, 01:30 PM
www.facebook.com/nashawa

Do it up folks!

I play all three, primarily bass and drums though

GodofCheesecake
11-12-2009, 01:46 PM
How do you people have URLs that aren't your names?

chris_122
11-12-2009, 01:47 PM
I'm not really a bassist. I'm just a guitar player who filled in on bass for tour.

aggiefan33
11-12-2009, 02:19 PM
www.facebook.com/calenewman

god dammit i'm primarily a bassist, too.

nashawa
11-12-2009, 08:02 PM
How do you people have URLs that aren't your names?
You can change it.

nz_matt
11-12-2009, 10:18 PM
I might add one, or maybe two people. I'm not posting my fb in here though... too many idiots.

Monolith295
11-12-2009, 10:31 PM
Wouldn't it better if we just make a UG Hardcore Forum facebook group?
This.

Posting my URL is useless. I blocked all friend requests because my mom was trying to add me. I don't want her as my Facebook friend.

output24
11-13-2009, 02:29 AM
I'll create one.

output24
11-13-2009, 02:33 AM
Done.

Join teh hardcorez now!!!

http://www.facebook.com/groups/create.php?customize&gid=173252232581#/group.php?gid=173252232581

Bignose
11-13-2009, 07:29 AM
Hahaha oooh booyy, I'm tempted to do it but I know everyone here is gonna think i look like a massive ****** scene kid. Which I'm really, really not. I ****ing hate the sceners in canberra so very much.

Magero
11-13-2009, 08:48 AM
I joined :p:

nashawa
11-13-2009, 09:19 AM
Hahaha oooh booyy, I'm tempted to do it but I know everyone here is gonna think i look like a massive ****** scene kid. Which I'm really, really not. I ****ing hate the sceners in canberra so very much.
Dude, if you look at my profile pic, I'm pretty sure I accidentally out-scened you

Monolith295
11-13-2009, 10:50 AM
Dude, if you look at my profile pic, I'm pretty sure I accidentally out-scened you
You need streaks of random bright colrs in your hair and those weird facial piercings that look like moles.

edit: I joined. I'm the guy riding the dinosaur. It's weird putting faces to usernames.

nashawa
11-13-2009, 11:09 AM
You need streaks of random bright colrs in your hair and those weird facial piercings that look like moles.

edit: I joined. I'm the guy riding the dinosaur. It's weird putting faces to usernames.

Haha I guess. Or eyeshadow.

Yeah, I find it strange now that I know what everyone looks like.

output24
11-13-2009, 11:26 AM
To TS:

Promote the group, mate! :cheers:

alm0st a skat3r
11-13-2009, 11:51 AM
hardcore forum bassists unite!

will post mine later

nashawa
11-13-2009, 12:52 PM
hardcore forum bassists unite!

here here!

alm0st a skat3r
11-13-2009, 12:59 PM
www.facebook.com/ohmodernworld

alm0st a skat3r
11-13-2009, 01:09 PM
We're already a pretty tight-knit group- I guess that's the hardcore way to do things- So let's add each other on Facebook, eh?

http://www.facebook.com/codyrogers
may I ask how you know chris pandolfo?

Pabli7o
11-13-2009, 01:45 PM
www.facebook.com/PabloGoesToEleven (i know you all like it)

handbanana
11-13-2009, 01:46 PM
i rarely use facebook anymore.
twitter is all i use now

who else uses twitter? a lot of bands/labels/personalities have them now as well as most celebrities

SeveredSurvival
11-13-2009, 02:43 PM
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/AwakenTheMartyr?ref=profile

Jman09
11-13-2009, 02:53 PM
stupid question: how do i find my url for my page? just go to my profile without being logged in and copy that url?

nashawa
11-13-2009, 02:54 PM
you can be logged in

Jman09
11-13-2009, 02:56 PM
you can be logged in

just log into my profile and copy the url out of the address bar?

nashawa
11-13-2009, 03:13 PM
yep

Jman09
11-13-2009, 03:19 PM
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&id=100000245864367

much easier than i thought thanks

chris_122
11-13-2009, 08:32 PM
i rarely use facebook anymore.
twitter is all i use now

who else uses twitter? a lot of bands/labels/personalities have them now as well as most celebrities
I have a Twitter as well. It seems like it's only good for inside jokes and twitpics.

boffen
11-13-2009, 08:34 PM
I've also got a twitter. Never update it myself obviously, but it's good for following bands and stuff like that for quick info and updates.

Bignose
11-13-2009, 09:22 PM
Ok nash, you beat me on scene look.

And about twit pics... fun fact about your old pal bignose - my **** has been posted on the internet by NZ band This City Sunrise at their recent gig in canberra. True story.

Monolith295
11-13-2009, 09:56 PM
Ok nash, you beat me on scene look.

And about twit pics... fun fact about your old pal bignose - my **** has been posted on the internet by NZ band This City Sunrise at their recent gig in canberra. True story.
wut

handbanana
11-14-2009, 12:19 AM
I have a Twitter as well. It seems like it's only good for inside jokes and twitpics.

i'm starting to think facebook sucks and twitter is 100 times better. twitter = facebook - the drama

Okeefe Is Legit
11-14-2009, 12:40 AM
i'm starting to think facebook sucks and twitter is 100 times better. twitter = facebook - the drama

True, but every high school girl in my area thinks of it as an excuse to tell everyone about what they have done every second of their life. I just don't think it's practical for my age group.

I've been using my myspace less and less recently, to the point where I only really use it for looking up bands and whatnot. My facebook was just recently revived since it's the only way to contact the rhythm guitarist in my band, otherwise I would never be going on it. It just seems useless for me now. :shrug:

Monolith295
11-14-2009, 01:43 AM
I thought myspace was pretty much only used by bands/people looking for bands and middle schoolers.

Magero
11-14-2009, 02:32 AM
Facebook ftw. The instant boredom curing of twitter with the social retardation of Myspace.
How can I lose!?

TBC Guitarist
11-14-2009, 02:44 AM
http://www.facebook.com/imgoingdeaf

I quote Smiths songs alot, lets be friends.

handbanana
11-14-2009, 01:08 PM
i stopped using myspace like 2 years ago, its exclusively made for hardcore bands and 13 year old girls, thats it

Manos15
11-14-2009, 01:27 PM
http://www.facebook.com/imgoingdeaf

I quote Smiths songs alot, lets be friends.
More than enough reason for me to add you.

alm0st a skat3r
11-14-2009, 01:37 PM
the fact that uger's now know my full name kinda scares me

nashawa
11-14-2009, 03:00 PM
I think UG forums drama > Facebook drama

Okeefe Is Legit
11-14-2009, 03:19 PM
I think UG forums drama > Facebook drama

That's because nobody takes huge offense to what people say around here. At least I don't :shrug:

nashawa
11-14-2009, 03:41 PM
That's because nobody takes huge offense to what people say around here. At least I don't :shrug:
I don't either, but there's still a lot of drama here.

handbanana
11-14-2009, 06:12 PM
I don't either, but there's still a lot of drama here.

i feel like it's actually been pretty quiet w/ minimal drama within the last month or so. pretty much since valderama stopped posting everyone seems to get along a lot better

nashawa
11-14-2009, 06:43 PM
i feel like it's actually been pretty quiet w/ minimal drama within the last month or so. pretty much since valderama stopped posting everyone seems to get along a lot better
As much as I hate to talk shit about people I don't know, I have to agree with you 100%

handbanana
11-14-2009, 11:46 PM
yeah i mean im not trying to start anything, but i'm obviously not the only one who feels this way

saxaxe
11-15-2009, 12:27 AM
Just added a bunch of you.
http://www.facebook.com/david.stivelman

MustangMan311
11-15-2009, 07:03 PM
may I ask how you know chris pandolfo?
I know him from the BTBAM forums, and he also used to write for Decoy Music, which I'm a writer for now. I assume you know him in real life?

alm0st a skat3r
11-15-2009, 07:42 PM
I know him from the BTBAM forums, and he also used to write for Decoy Music, which I'm a writer for now. I assume you know him in real life?
yeah unfortunately haha nah he's a good dude

output24
11-16-2009, 01:46 PM
Who's this 'valderama' character?

nashawa
11-16-2009, 01:48 PM
He trolls for fights

Manos15
11-16-2009, 02:56 PM
Who's this 'valderama' character?
Worst current poster.

nashawa
11-16-2009, 02:58 PM
Worst current poster.
One day, I shall dethrone him, but I currently have too much human decency and respect to try to attempt such a feat.

JxD
11-16-2009, 04:50 PM
One day, I shall dethrone him, but I currently have too much human decency and respect to try to attempt such a feat.
You will have to stoop to new levels of depravity and disrespect.

Back on topic with this tread: I don't feel a particular interest in sharing my facebook with anyone that I consider a stranger (someone I don't personally know). I feel that the whole service is hampered by the impersonal relationships people foster between themselves and their collection of friends. I find it bizarre that anyone would be compelled to add everyone they've ever met as a "friend." I find it hard to believe that someone could know 200+ people well enough to consider them a friend. I don't understand if it's a status thing or perhaps this whole attitude of networking that I've never quite understood. Nonetheless, it is not my personal imperative to receive up-to-the-minute updates from everyone that I have ever met, including long-lost schoolmates who I have not contacted in over a decade, in regards to their relationship statuses, information about meals they have currently consumed, movies they have or haven't enjoyed, etc. I generally harbor a loathing of narcissism and as such, avoid it whenever possible. This is why I refuse to get a Twitter. Unfortunately for myself, I fell into the trap that is Facebook because it is quite efficient when it comes to organizing events. Additionally, I am quite uncomfortable that potential employers, governmental agencies, etc. could be potentially reading or monitoring my Facebook in the event that I do anything right or wrong.

nashawa
11-16-2009, 04:59 PM
And boy, do I love a challenge.

handbanana
11-16-2009, 06:17 PM
its like when people i went to high school with that i never spoke a single word to add me on facebook, i just think its stupid.

Okeefe Is Legit
11-16-2009, 10:14 PM

Back on topic with this tread: I don't feel a particular interest in sharing my facebook with anyone that I consider a stranger (someone I don't personally know). I feel that the whole service is hampered by the impersonal relationships people foster between themselves and their collection of friends. I find it bizarre that anyone would be compelled to add everyone they've ever met as a "friend." I find it hard to believe that someone could know 200+ people well enough to consider them a friend. I don't understand if it's a status thing or perhaps this whole attitude of networking that I've never quite understood. Nonetheless, it is not my personal imperative to receive up-to-the-minute updates from everyone that I have ever met, including long-lost schoolmates who I have not contacted in over a decade, in regards to their relationship statuses, information about meals they have currently consumed, movies they have or haven't enjoyed, etc. I generally harbor a loathing of narcissism and as such, avoid it whenever possible. This is why I refuse to get a Twitter. Unfortunately for myself, I fell into the trap that is Facebook because it is quite efficient when it comes to organizing events. Additionally, I am quite uncomfortable that potential employers, governmental agencies, etc. could be potentially reading or monitoring my Facebook in the event that I do anything right or wrong.

True, but I've actually formed friendships with quite a few people in real life from myspace, so it's not completely useless. Hell, if it weren't for myspace I probably wouldn't have really started talking to one of my better lady friends.

nz_matt
11-16-2009, 11:23 PM

You're such a cynic hahahaha.

I like all the idiots I went to school with adding me. I "like" every one of their unfortunate statuses and laugh at their empty lives.

nashawa
11-16-2009, 11:27 PM

I like all the idiots I went to school with adding me. I "like" every one of their unfortunate statuses and laugh at their empty lives.
The best statuses are the ridiculously overpersonal ones that give up waaaaay too much info (about breakups and stuff like that) and the unnecessarily overdramatic ones.

JxD
11-16-2009, 11:48 PM

My cynicism ebbs and flows (I'm in a period of "flow" right now). Usually I attribute it to work breaking my spirit but school has been particularly filled with morons this semester, or more appropriately, the public transportation I take to school has been filled with a disproportionately large amount of stupid assholes. On a regular basis some ordinary, run-of-the-mill, every-day bastard does something retarded. For instance, today a blind kid was being led by his seeing eye dog through a cross walk. No big deal right? Until a ****ing bus driver decided to not stop and missed the kid/dog duo by a few inches. The dog was pretty shook up but I don't think the kid really realized how close this bus had come to hitting him. It was unbelievable.

Anyways, I used to like Facebook for the occasional pathetic post made by some poor chump who I knew at some point in my life. My favorite example was this one guy I used to be friends with until he took up heavy drug use and was way too messed up (as in violent or pushy) to ever be around. Anyways, he used to always fill his updates with bad poetry or tacky song lyrics, but every once in a while there was a gem like "_____ just got stabbed" or "I'm tired of life, I'm just going to end it all," or "_____ is out on bail, literally," followed by various comments made by people he ratted on to get out of jail threatening him in various ways or calling him out as a snitch, which ruled pretty hard. I was just waiting for the R.I.P. post which I felt was inevitable. It was almost worth putting up with the bad poetry for.

nashawa
11-16-2009, 11:59 PM
^ I, however, put up good lyrics as my statuses. tyvm

Manos15
11-17-2009, 12:43 AM
The best statuses are the ridiculously overpersonal ones that give up waaaaay too much info (about breakups and stuff like that) and the unnecessarily overdramatic ones.
That's why it's fun to "like" statuses like that.

nashawa
11-17-2009, 12:51 AM
That's why it's fun to "like" statuses like that.
Exactly. Any chance to be caustic and sarcastic is good enough for me.

handbanana
11-17-2009, 02:28 PM
my favorite thing to do is like peoples status' when theyre about something bad, people get so confused

nashawa
11-17-2009, 02:38 PM
my favorite thing to do is like peoples status' when theyre about something bad, people get so confused
That's what we're talking about.
Glad to see someone else enjoys that as well :D

Squifey
11-17-2009, 04:39 PM
^^

Then post it on Lamebook.com.

-tempest-
11-18-2009, 04:07 AM
im in haha, i really don't listen to true harcore but whatever lol

Okeefe Is Legit
11-18-2009, 08:34 PM

...and you're saying they have empty lives?

Monolith295
11-18-2009, 10:59 PM
OOOOOOOOOHHHHH SNAP!!!!!

Is anyone else gonna post and albums on that bitch or should I go ahead and just stick whatever the f-ck else I want on it?

nz_matt
11-19-2009, 02:12 AM
We had a whole thread for "liking" unfortunate statuses on my local forum. It's one of the funniest things I've read in recent times. I think more than one person was threatened with being beaten up over it hahahah.

Yesterday's facebooking delivered me a guy who posted a picture of his girlfriend's backside along with the caption "LOOK AT THAT ASS. CAN'T BELIEVE A GIRL WITH AN ASS LIKE THAT WOULD GO FOR ME" and another guy who posted about wanting a tattoo and was asking for someone to recommend him an artist. I asked what he wanted and he said "lol i dunno man somefing that will look cool. lol. maybe a flaming ace of spades or something lol".

Kills me, all the time.

Oh, we've got a smart guy.

If you don't laugh at the things that people you know post on the internet then you're either completely boring and stupid or everyone you know is intelligent and well-written. I'm gonna go with the former.

nashawa
11-19-2009, 02:17 AM
OOOOOOOOOHHHHH SNAP!!!!!

Is anyone else gonna post and albums on that bitch or should I go ahead and just stick whatever the f-ck else I want on it?
put up whatever you like man

Monolith295
11-20-2009, 07:07 PM
another guy who posted about wanting a tattoo and was asking for someone to recommend him an artist. I asked what he wanted and he said "lol i dunno man somefing that will look cool. lol. maybe a flaming ace of spades or something lol".
The only way this could be cooler is if it was paired with a skull and crossbones.

For real though, if you're going to get a tattoo why get something so bland and stupid? A flaming ace of spades? Seriously? If he's going to put so little thought/originality into it he should be forced to have it tattooed on his forehead.

nashawa
11-20-2009, 07:57 PM
The only way this could be cooler is if it was paired with a skull and crossbones.

For real though, if you're going to get a tattoo why get something so bland and stupid? A flaming ace of spades? Seriously? If he's going to put so little thought/originality into it he should be forced to have it tattooed on his forehead.
And do it himself

nz_matt
11-20-2009, 08:38 PM
I should just recommend the worst tattooist in town.

Yesterday, a guy with a fringe and spacers who I went to school with complained about the heat. He has a Parkway Drive tattoo, so I told him to "Cry me a fucking river BITCH" and said "You wouldn't know hot weather if it crushed your FUCKING CHEST".

He didn't get it.

BGSM
11-20-2009, 09:34 PM
:haha: :haha:

tell him to get the trivium sword tattooed on his forehead.

and tell the parkway guy that doesnt know their lyrics the same thing

JxD
11-20-2009, 11:55 PM
When I worked at a grocery store I saw a guy with "Parental Advisory, Explicit Content" tattoo taking up the better (or I guess worse in this case) part of his arm. That was the day my spirit was broken.

-tempest-
11-21-2009, 01:33 PM
When I worked at a grocery store I saw a guy with "Parental Advisory, Explicit Content" tattoo taking up the better (or I guess worse in this case) part of his arm. That was the day my spirit was broken.
:haha :haha